Options

Mid-90's Vertigo [chat]

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    This is on my work computer, I'm going to get fired.

Thanks, skippy.

really?

I didn't think it was NSFW, but I can link it instead

sorry :(

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Is Siri a name that gets used in america

Just for the iPhone really.
    Why did they choose the name?

I met a girl i know called Siri just now is why i thought of it. It's a lovely name, not as good with english pronounciation.

I didn't know either, so to wikipedia:
    Siri, Inc. was founded in 2007 by Dag Kittlaus (CEO), Adam Cheyer (VP Engineering), and Tom Gruber (CTO/VP Design), together with Norman Winarsky from SRI International's venture group, and is named after SRI (although Kittlaus claims he wanted to name the daughter he never had "Siri", Norwegian for "beautiful woman who leads you to victory", he cites as primary "the fact that [it] is easy to spell [and] easy to say"[8]).

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    This morning was a morning of "Oh hey, there's a bunch of assessed compliance training you need to complete in the next week or the FSA say we have to reduce your authority limits".

EDIT: To be completely clear, the requirement to have completed this stuff effectively by christmas was brought in in April.

japan on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Wouldn't the burning wick of a bob-omb cause the santa hat to catch fire?

i haven't emo-ed out just yet.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    the head boss gave us all these little gift bags of assorted Lindt Lindor truffles and none of them are labeled what flavor they are. And the colors aren't exactly that indicative. I swear I'm going to smash someone's face in if I bite into anything mint or coconut.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

This article is awesome and has elevated my mood significantly.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    This morning was a morning of "Oh hey, there's a bunch of assessed compliance training you need to complete in the next week or the FSA say we have to reduce your authority limits".

EDIT: To be completely clear, the requirement to have completed this stuff effectively by christmas was brought in in April.

I just got the "Read this stuff" and click on the button saying you read this stuff phone call. Thank God it was that, cause I've been working with this dude on something else that is so catastrophically fucked

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Is Siri a name that gets used in america

Just for the iPhone really.
    Why did they choose the name?

I met a girl i know called Siri just now is why i thought of it. It's a lovely name, not as good with english pronounciation.

I didn't know either, so to wikipedia:
    Siri, Inc. was founded in 2007 by Dag Kittlaus (CEO), Adam Cheyer (VP Engineering), and Tom Gruber (CTO/VP Design), together with Norman Winarsky from SRI International's venture group, and is named after SRI (although Kittlaus claims he wanted to name the daughter he never had "Siri", Norwegian for "beautiful woman who leads you to victory", he cites as primary "the fact that [it] is easy to spell [and] easy to say"[8]).

Hah! Cool.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    the head boss gave us all these little gift bags of assorted Lindt Lindor truffles and none of them are labeled what flavor they are. And the colors aren't exactly that indicative. I swear I'm going to smash someone's face in if I bite into anything mint or coconut.

I don't think Lindor Truffles come in those flavors. It's milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, peanut butter and I think that's it.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Yellow are white chocolate, red are milk, blue are semisweet. I think the black ones are extra dark or coffee or something. The orange/copper ones are peanut butter.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    japan wrote: »

I just got the "Read this stuff" and click on the button saying you read this stuff phone call. Thank God it was that, cause I've been working with this dude on something else that is so catastrophically fucked

Ours is "read this stuff and complete the online assessments that only intermittently actually record results".

So I burned through most of it in a morning and I'll check tomorrow to see if the thingy still thinks I need to do it or not.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    This is on my work computer, I'm going to get fired.

Thanks, skippy.

really?

I didn't think it was NSFW, but I can link it instead

sorry :(

I was just joking. You're in the clear.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Ah yes, I just found the full guide on their website. Looks like I'm safe.

Gold = white chocolate
    Red = milk chocolate
    Dark/Royal Blue = 39% minimum cocoa dark chocolate
    Black = 60% minimum cocoa dark chocolate shell with 39% minimum truffle center
    Light/Sky Blue = stracciatella (white chocolate shell with cocoa nibs / white chocolate center)
    Light Green = mint
    Dark Green = peppermint
    Bronze/Copper = peanut butter
    Hot Pink = raspberry
    Brown = hazelnut
    Orange = Orange
    Dark Brown = Coffee

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Also christmas avatar go

The filename for this image on my hd is "japan2009.jpg" so this is probably its third outing. I don't change avatars a lot, evidently.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

Yellow are white chocolate, red are milk, blue are semisweet. I think the black ones are extra dark or coffee or something. The orange/copper ones are peanut butter.

...and dk reveals the beast within

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    KEBKEB Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I feel like I'd be more comfortable with open-carry than with concealed-carry, and yet it would appear concealed-carry is more prevalent. Is my understanding correct? I am gun knowledge babby.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong.

KEB on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    There are two muscles in my back that are apparently not included in my usual exercises but definetly are included when moving furniture and hauling off and old crt tv. I'm hurtin today.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    KEB wrote: »
    I feel like I'd be more comfortable with open-carry than with concealed-carry, and yet it would appear concealed-carry is more prevalent. Is my understanding correct? I am gun knowledge babby.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong.

Open carry has an implicit issue of threat. No one should know you have a gun, if you need it, it should be an emergency situation. Wild west situations are crazy, the threat of a gun being open means the person is more likely to wave their dick around. Or someone's more likely to try and take it.

Is my understanding.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    whydon'tyoutakeaseat

p2FxX.jpg

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »

That is oddly uplifting.

• Options

That is oddly uplifting.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Deebs I see you're getting older. You repeat yourself like my mother. That's how I know she's old.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    There are two muscles in my back that are apparently not included in my usual exercises but definetly are included when moving furniture and hauling off and old crt tv. I'm hurtin today.

Your obliques! Or just as likely the lower portion of your lats because working them out is crazy difficult :P

I'd say lift with your legs, but that advice is trite when you're lifting + carrying particularly heavy things! You can't really control which muscles get engaged

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I get out of the pen in 5 days

gotta keep my head on straight

gotta rise above the static

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

Red is milk chocolate, black is dark. I think that's all the flavours. Brown would be praline or nut if it exists.

Edit: I have been thoroughly beaten, but no there is no "peanut butter" you scummy peasants.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    I get out of the pen in 5 days

gotta keep my head on straight

gotta rise above the static

You'll accidentally mention that you like Comic B more than Comic A (Jacob's choice) and the infraction from that will leave you perma-banned.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    In other news, the most recent two Kevin Smith smodcasts are an interview with the brothers from My Chemical Romance. Interesting enough as far as Ive listened.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I need to design a robot that stomps around shoving copies of this down other people's throats.

AMBIENT MALAISE LEVELS RISING. SADSACK DETECTED. DISPLAY POSITIVE AFFECT YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO COMPLY.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    In other news, the most recent two Kevin Smith smodcasts are an interview with the brothers from My Chemical Romance. Interesting enough as far as Ive listened.

I listened. They're pretty great. I like My Chemical Romance.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Turns out you get blue Lindor too, who knew! White chocolate praline with cocoa nibs.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Hehehe Cocoa nibs. Sounds dirty.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

i'm slightly more depressed than i previously was

• Options
    That cracked article is very judgmental and offensive.

• Options
    Weezer makes me smile.
    And I'm on a sugar high from eating a mountain of chocolates.
    #diabeetus

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Red is milk chocolate, black is dark. I think that's all the flavours. Brown would be praline or nut if it exists.

Edit: I have been thoroughly beaten, but no there is no "peanut butter" you scummy peasants.

How does it feel being so wrong?

http://www.amazon.com/Lindt-Lindor-Truffles-Chocolate-60-Count/dp/B002RBTVGY

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ludious wrote: »
    Every cracked article is very judgmental and offensive.

• Options
    Re-linking for context: http://harpers.org/archive/2010/08/happiness-is-a-worn-gun/?single=1

Nothing mind-blowing, in my opinion. Disregarding recent tragedies for a moment (which is hard to do, admittedly), I'm still generally against handgun ownership. That being said, I'd be entirely satisfied with the current status quo re: gun ownership if it included more thorough training and education. And of course the other things people have stated: Restricting 3rd-party sales, regulating gun shows, etc.

All in all, even as an outside observer from your northern neighbour, I don't think there's a major gun problem in America. There are some tweaks that ought to be made, I believe, but what we can learn primarily from this most recent shooting is the importance of connecting with our fellow man, our neighbours, our coworkers and especially our family. Maybe it's a mental health problem, maybe it's a societal problem with regards to feeling isolated, but ultimately these sorts of things slip past people because of a communication problem.

Of course, even then it's hard to imagine what could be done to prevent someone who thinks it's okay to shoot a classroom of young children. But sometimes we can't hope to ever really understand why tragedies like this happen - though that doesn't mean we should stop trying.

I dunno. Just my thoughts.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

OH SHIT THERE ARE PEANUT BUTTER LINDORS?!

brb getting hospital fat

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

How does it feel being so wrong?

http://www.amazon.com/Lindt-Lindor-Truffles-Chocolate-60-Count/dp/B002RBTVGY

tumblr_m3zez6zFVm1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Cracked just doesn't understand my inner-turmoil and pain. If just one person could look inside and see the TRUE Ludious, I know I could make it. It's not fair.

I'm a nice guy.

This discussion has been closed.