Options

Mid-90's Vertigo [chat]

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Started watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles

River Tam just said "come with me if you want to live"

Excellent.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Have an odd computer issue, [chat]! Anyone able to lend a hand?

Working on my sister's computer: Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, running windows 7.

Wireless fails to connect at work and home. It displays "Limited Access".

As implied, the wireless wizard exists in the taskbar, and correctly identifies networks to try to connect to.
    The wireless adapter is displayed in the network and sharing center.
    I see the driver in the device manager.
    Glancing through services.msc, the service WLAN autoconfig is started.

I mention all of that because when I run ipconfig, I get nothing. It lists a disconnected bluetooth and an 'isatap.{HEXSTRING}', but no wireless. Which I've never seen before.

Toggled the wireless adapter off (and on) using
    1) the switch on the front of the laptop;
    2) the keyboard combination that brings up the lenovo's ui;
    3) the icon in network and sharing

I've disabled and enabled the driver in device manager.

I've run, at the suggestion of my google searches (and memory)
    *) netsh int ip reset reset.log
    *) netsh int ter st stop

followed by restarting the computer.

I've put in manual ip information, but didn't have any luck.

I'm at something of a loss. Any ideas?

Yet it won't connect to ANY network? or just not to that one?

And ipconfig lists no wireless adapter at all? That sounds to me like it's turned off. Have you looked to see if you can disable the wireless card in the BIOS?

I'd be super duper sure that it's really on, to start with. I'd also consider bouncing the router - sometimes this happens to my Apple devices, where they simply won't connect to the internet even though they can see and 'connect' to the wireless network.

• Options
    KEBKEB Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Hrm, should I finish the book I was reading, work out, or say fuck it and nothing all day.

Go to da gym

Is best for you :)

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Hrm, should I finish the book I was reading, work out, or say fuck it and nothing all day.

work out for a bit then you can laze about the rest of the day guilt free

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Started watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles

River Tam just said "come with me if you want to live"

Excellent.

I've heard people didn't like the show, but I think they must be silly people.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    KEB wrote: »

Go to da gym

But it's a frozen hell outside!

• Options

work out for a bit then you can laze about the rest of the day guilt free

This is how I live my whole life

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I imagine being really good at what I do makes networking kind of a secondary and unnecessary thing.

there isn't a big enough Disagree button in the world

Internally within my own company, of course. Sorry that was implied there.

The only way I could go up is if my boss made me owner of the company.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    What should I spend the next few hours doing before I have to go to bed and wake up and work?

• Options
    I imagine being really good at what I do makes networking kind of a secondary and unnecessary thing.

Marry his daughter and inherit the company.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

Go to da gym

What's that

I can't hear you over the 70ºF outside

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hello peoples!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    O hai [chat]

I has fitness question.

Say it is the case that six or seven years ago, I could do pull-ups for days... but then I switched to an office job, gained 40lbs, and now I can't do one.

What sort of thing can I do (other than lose weight which is a concurrent goal) to pull more ups? Like... does doing push-ups help in any way toward getting to the point where I can do pull-ups?

I basically want to get back into doing the SimpleFit.org thing because it's something I can do without having to mess with a gym and stuff, but it's tough to do when you can't do the first thing you're supposed to do.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Man, I just wish I was better at NPCs in the game I'm DM'ing. I feel like they're all kind of bland. I'm great at the story telling part, and decent at mechanics. And if I describe what the NPCs do it comes out well. But when it comes to the actual first person interaction with the players I just feel lame. I'm no voice actor and have shit stable of NPC voices as well.

I have no idea what to do about this. This feels more like an amateur theater deficiency than anything else.

• Options
    I'd get good exercise jogging to wherever Kaleedity is and beating him with a snow-shovel.

• Options
    Bonjour Bloodyroar

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »

Go to da gym

What's that

ah yes, one of the few things about the south I miss

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Cuban Pete spider is the best spider.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    There is reporting, then there is sitting around talking about a tragedy repeatedly to get ratings for days and days and days. I kinda wish there was some sort of regulatory body that could discipline journalists and news programs when they are clearly phoning it in.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

"So where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
    *"Don't say, Doing your wife. Don't say, Doing your wife"*

cptrugged on
  • Options
    There is reporting, then there is sitting around talking about a tragedy repeatedly to get ratings for days and days and days. I kinda wish there was some sort of regulatory body that could discipline journalists and news programs when they are clearly phoning it in.

The Free Market!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Street Fighter x Mega Man is fucking incredible

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Man, I just wish I was better at NPCs in the game I'm DM'ing. I feel like they're all kind of bland. I'm great at the story telling part, and decent at mechanics. And if I describe what the NPCs do it comes out well. But when it comes to the actual first person interaction with the players I just feel lame. I'm no voice actor and have shit stable of NPC voices as well.

I have no idea what to do about this. This feels more like an amateur theater deficiency than anything else.

you can just rp them in the third person. when you're doing fluff rp stuff (ie, what the npc is saying isn't critically important to the story) describing what they're saying in generalities can allow the players to fill in the blanks with all that stuff.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

I know that feel bro

I'd offer advice but I tend to feel my own NPCs come off flat and I doubt I'd be any help on that

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

nobody can really do this well out the gate, you just need absurd practice

Or you could be like me and just assume that I'll never be good at it.

Also I hope I didn't piss off all my players yesterday because I gave them a non-combat puzzle!

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    O hai [chat]

I has fitness question.

Say it is the case that six or seven years ago, I could do pull-ups for days... but then I switched to an office job, gained 40lbs, and now I can't do one.

What sort of thing can I do (other than lose weight which is a concurrent goal) to pull more ups? Like... does doing push-ups help in any way toward getting to the point where I can do pull-ups?

I basically want to get back into doing the SimpleFit.org thing because it's something I can do without having to mess with a gym and stuff, but it's tough to do when you can't do the first thing you're supposed to do.
    http://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/pull-up-alternatives

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Good news: I got a new laptop for work.

Bad news: I have to reinstall php.

• Options

He's Indian.

But a real possibility. I'm sure he'd be okay with this after a while.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    hehe. I hope this isn't a typo. With the MWO patch tomorrow you'll get more cash for a kill assist than for getting the "last hit" on the kill (there is a separate payout for damage done, so there is still incentive to go all out).

after reading all the stuff in the patch (inlcuding new mech type with several variants, the Stalker) seems like it will be a nice improvement. And I think all of them together are a big step away from the kind of model World of Tanks has where you really need to spend cash money to avoid an unbearably long grind. The economy changes should benefit players who don't want to spend money quite a bit and new ones in particular.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Arch wrote: »

Go to da gym

What's that

ah yes, one of the few things about the south I miss

dammit there's a time for spring and a time for winter

it's winter now I want my at least somewhat mildly cool weather

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

If you really want to fix this, take some community improv courses.

• Options
    O hai [chat]

I has fitness question.

Here's what I did:

I did military/shoulder presses. Not quite the same but after a summer of that, I went from doing .5 of a pull up to 18.

Rocket propulsion helps I hear.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

He's Indian.

What's wrong with marrying an Indian?

'cism

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Have an odd computer issue, [chat]! Anyone able to lend a hand?

Working on my sister's computer: Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, running windows 7.

Wireless fails to connect at work and home. It displays "Limited Access".

As implied, the wireless wizard exists in the taskbar, and correctly identifies networks to try to connect to.
    The wireless adapter is displayed in the network and sharing center.
    I see the driver in the device manager.
    Glancing through services.msc, the service WLAN autoconfig is started.

I mention all of that because when I run ipconfig, I get nothing. It lists a disconnected bluetooth and an 'isatap.{HEXSTRING}', but no wireless. Which I've never seen before.

Toggled the wireless adapter off (and on) using
    1) the switch on the front of the laptop;
    2) the keyboard combination that brings up the lenovo's ui;
    3) the icon in network and sharing

I've disabled and enabled the driver in device manager.

I've run, at the suggestion of my google searches (and memory)
    *) netsh int ip reset reset.log
    *) netsh int ter st stop

followed by restarting the computer.

I've put in manual ip information, but didn't have any luck.

I'm at something of a loss. Any ideas?

I'm just making sure; this is failing on different wireless connections that have other computers working fine on them, right

yes, I'm posting from her work computer that is wireless (and our phones and tablet work here). At home her roommate has a laptop that works, as can the various devices.
    Every time I've seen that, it's had a fix along the lines of the things you've tried. Try uninstalling the device in the device manager and then right click/scan for hardware changes and go through with the install. I've seen that work before.
    Sister wrote:
    YAY MY BROTHER IS AMAZING AND SO IS YOU FOR ALL YOU HELP! <3<3<3<3!!!!!

Tamin on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Gooey wrote: »

you can just rp them in the third person. when you're doing fluff rp stuff (ie, what the npc is saying isn't critically important to the story) describing what they're saying in generalities can allow the players to fill in the blanks with all that stuff.

I feel like this is generally the best way for sure

Only troubles are the times when you actually want to be doing some first person roleplaying

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    O hai [chat]

I has fitness question.

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/pull-up-alternatives

Coolies, thanks!

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

He's Indian.

What's wrong with marrying an Indian?

'cism

Fo real, there's a super cute indian chick I work with.

She's got a wu tang sticker on her car -- wifey material.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    @kaleedity

Thank you very much. I appreciate the help.

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    TomeWyrm wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Free fancy food and free booze are two solid reasons to go to work parties.

That said, the white wine at my Christmas party was pretty bad. But the venison was delicious. As was the port.

I hosted a Christmas Party this weekend. Everyone brought wine and booze. We ended the night with more wine than we started!

That's a sign of quality party guests!

The highest quality indeed... except for the one girl that literally invited herself because she clicked ACCEPT seconds before I set the event to "PRIVATE". She was a B.

Actually had the nerve to complain that there wasn't enough booze.

Huh...don't think I had the pleasure (?) of making her acquaintance.

Also there was definitely enough booze. Casa de Deebs is not a place short of potent potables.

• Options
    Sister wrote:
    YAY MY BROTHER IS AMAZING AND SO IS YOU FOR ALL YOU HELP! <3<3<3<3!!!!!

this got that "is you is, or is you ain't my baby" song stuck in my head

This discussion has been closed.