Options

[The Secret World] Come play Pretty Princess Dress Up!

• Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Pshaw. Tell me when you've got all the Aux weapon skills too, noob.

fnvcCq0.jpg

Are you happy now, @AnteCantelope?

Welp, looks like it's time to roll an alt.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I have no interest in rolling an alt. No real desire to be a Templar or Illuminati, and I still have a long ways to go anyway.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Man, great weekend with my reroll:

After focusing primarily on AR/Shotty (with the idea that I'd fill in blood/fist after QL10 for healing), I've been having a heap o' fun. Just blasted through the first 3 zones, even managing to dps polaris/hell r/darkness war twice each as well (yay, FAL add-on). Now I can enjoy Egypt, which I think is my favorite set of zones anyway, and really grind out some SP. Skills are sitting at 6/6 weapons and 7/7/7 talismans, so I think I'm in a pretty good shape. My gear is a mishmash of polaris and hell raised blues intermixed with higher QL greens, so I need to get everything up in the QL 6-8 asap, but it feels pretty solid. I think I also need to give in and put another +heal item or two into the gear mix (just using one blue +heal now).

If I can get some free time in the next few weeks, I think I'll have a guy back up into doing elites.

• Options
    Very nice, @Straygatsby. :)

Wish we had the day off today. /sigh

3.3k rDPS LFG HE NM farm...

• Options
    Very nice, @Straygatsby. :)

Wish we had the day off today. /sigh

3.3k rDPS LFG HE NM farm...

Tell me about it. 95% of my company isn't here today, but I am. Yay?

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Tried the raid last night now that most of my cabal is 10.4/10.4, myself included.

Probably would have beat it if the tanks could learn to run from Shadow Out of Time fast enough.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    @Raiden333: If the bug is still working tonight, wanna help me farm? :3

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Jesu christu, grats on the tron suit!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    @Raiden333: If the bug is still working tonight, wanna help me farm? :3

Sure thing, I can reliably leech heal that fight now I believe, so it'll go pretty fast if we have a good tank. If Rose is watching the thread, gonna be on tonight?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    If anyone has the day off and wants to help me run my first dungeon, I'll be on in about 30 mins. I'm Uhlume in-game and I'd love to try Hell on Earth or whatever that first 5 person dungeon is in the Savage Coast.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Sure thing, I can reliably leech heal that fight now I believe, so it'll go pretty fast if we have a good tank. If Rose is watching the thread, gonna be on tonight?
    Possibly, since I'm not sure I'm going to go to school tonight since I'm getting pretty sick.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Wiggly can be there for farm starting at around midnight eastern.

kafziel on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Awesome. Looking forward to it! :)

@Basil: Thank you! /bow

Now to get the other outfits. All lores, all rares, MP all NM's...

EDIT: Uh, anyone know how to run.. is it 4/6? With all the Machine Tyrants? 'Coz I sure don't.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    I think you just have a DPS kite the Tyrants around in a circle?

• Options
    Possibly, since I'm not sure I'm going to go to school tonight since I'm getting pretty sick.

Hope you feel better dude. Maybe a shit-ton of Bullion will help. :P
    Awesome. Looking forward to it! :)

@Basil: Thank you! /bow

Now to get the other outfits. All lores, all rares, MP all NM's...

EDIT: Uh, anyone know how to run.. is it 4/6? With all the Machine Tyrants? 'Coz I sure don't.

What Wiggly said, you use a rabbit like the 2nd boss.

• Options
    Yeah but 2/6 is quite specific. Though Simps showed me how to do it, so now I know!

Also, just watched a video for 4/6. I think I can do that. Might as well, if I'm running 2/6. :)

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I found a video on how to rabbit the 4th boss, but how do you do the 2nd? (I can probably be on around the mid PST again)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can show you. Well, not during the fight, but afterwards. You just need to know where to run and stop, and in what order.

• Options
    I can show you. Well, not during the fight, but afterwards. You just need to know where to run and stop, and in what order.

Technically, if it's ever necessary (like if the only guy who knows the spots is tanking or healing) you can actually strip naked to avoid repair bills and show someone the spots before the fight. Group had to do that once.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    One thing to keep in mind while running 4/6 is to pause at every corner, and to LoS the tyrants, if you don't pause you may run into them coming the other direction, LoS because they might laser beam you.

I definitely won't be available to farm that late.

• Options
    Question for anyone using the Field Agent Locator addon: I noticed on this reroll that the STATS tab doesn't show up on the various windows, so I can't upload my build/stats to the tool. Has anyone else had this issue? Documentation is pretty sparse for the tool.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I desperately want in on one of those HE farms. I'm just tired of NM grinding, given that almost every time features a new and exciting way for a pug to piss me off. The dungeons themselves are fine, it's the people that decide they want to be a blade/blood healtank or they want to try healing Ankh without any RnS, even after the third time that we wipe because of lack of heals, or people getting hit by HR's MT again and again...

I just want to get a whole lot of bullion, and then get a good group to try some MP achievements.

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    One thing to keep in mind while running 4/6 is to pause at every corner, and to LoS the tyrants, if you don't pause you may run into them coming the other direction, LoS because they might laser beam you.

Just to clarify- so if you break LoS, you'll be lasered?

• Options
    WOW that Hell dungeon was intense. I got two hammers and a new Blood Focus out of it tho so yay.

And I just discovered the Deck outifts. Oh my stars gonna be buying me a bunch of them.

So question: do you get special outfits for reaching ranks with your secret group or learning all of a weapons skills or something? I had the Harcruxer (or whatever it is) ritual coat long before I had the deck unlocked.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    WOW that Hell dungeon was intense. I got two hammers and a new Blood Focus out of it tho so yay.

And I just discovered the Deck outifts. Oh my stars gonna be buying me a bunch of them.

So question: do you get special outfits for reaching ranks with your secret group or learning all of a weapons skills or something? I had the Harcruxer (or whatever it is) ritual coat long before I had the deck unlocked.

The learning curve from Polaris to Hell Raised is pretty bananas. I can't tell if it's a little sadistic or a little awesome. Machine Tyrant, even on normal, still makes me feel like a champ when I don't get hit by stuff. =)

• Options
    I've never done Polaris. How do you start that?

• Options
    I've never done Polaris. How do you start that?

You're nice and past it now, but there's some orochi on the bridge that leads north out of Kingsmouth. That's where the starter is.

• Options
    here is the video I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtXWAov-4e8

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

completing each weapon's inner ring awards a coat. most of the beginner deck's outfits include those coats. the later decks have unique rewards.
    and yeah, getting faction ranks reward new uniforms, but they're all basically the same. just more pips and stripes

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    @Spoit: That's exactly the one I watched.

So our group for tonight looks to be Rose, Wiggly, Tritonus, Spoit, and myself. I should go buy some non-soda caffeinated drinks...

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »

Just to clarify- so if you break LoS, you'll be lasered?

If you don't break LOS you might get lasered, I think it had to do with how long you are out of their sight and their range from you. It doesn't happen often, but not worth a wipe so I do it just in case.

• Options

So our group for tonight looks to be Rose, Wiggly, Tritonus, Spoit, and myself. I should go buy some non-soda caffeinated drinks...

:(

• Options

Wiggly can heal, right? I think I'll duck out after a hundred bullion or so, so Ante can get in. I feel bad for him, he's missed out on a few runs.

• Options

I'll be on too!

But I'm pretty weak. I just made it to Savage Coast and I'm getting appropriately savaged.

• Options
    I'll be on around 8-830 CST, and can play any roll in HE maybe depending on who's on we could get it going earlier and let people fill in.

• Options

I'll be on too!

But I'm pretty weak. I just made it to Savage Coast and I'm getting appropriately savaged.

Yeah, we're talking about a group for some endgame content... We'll in in the chat to hang out though!

• Options
    Darn it, stop @spoit ing me :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Wiggly can heal, right? I think I'll duck out after a hundred bullion or so, so Ante can get in. I feel bad for him, he's missed out on a few runs.

Yeah, ol' Wiggles can put out some blood heals just fine.

• Options
    I can kinda sorta do anything, although dps is the only thing I am really good at. Between my new build and some salvaged fps, thanks to Simpsonia, I can actually do NM-quality deeps now. Not the best deeps but enough.

Thanks Raiden, although ideally people will be on at spread-out enough times that nobody needs to miss much.

• Options
    Does anyone who's wanting to farm think they'll be on around 8 CST? Just trying to get a idea if I should try to put a group together or just get my 15, since I'll only have about two hours.

This discussion has been closed.