Options

[The Secret World] Come play Pretty Princess Dress Up!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    At any rate, you shouldn't worry about endgame when you start, because by the time you reach endgame you'll have more options. Probably a few weapons open and skills in a variety of trees.

This. For right now, just pick up a couple weapons, and enjoy the game. AP and SP are extremely easy to earn the deeper you get into the game, so it's always possible to adjust your build as your grow into the game.

For reference I am just on the threshold of the endgame, having just gotten to Transylvania, and I have 6 weapons I can use at QL 10, four of which I actually have good decks for.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Eeehhh... if they're using a multiple hit builder like SO or the business, 12 guage should build to 10 within like a dozen attacks, definitely within 2 eleforce rotations, with a DPS. As opposed to a lot more with the 40% pen chance every other attack with how CtP is nerfed now. Especially with it being only every other attack.

Applying exposed as the tank on the other hand....

Yeah, it's much much more efficient for the tank to apply exposed and DPS to apply weakness

so basically it's a question of trust

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Here's how debilitate goes in pugs. Your group plugs along without debil until the tank buys it because the healer can't keep up, one of the DPs offers to slot 12 gouge and you finish the dungeon. Usually only happens to my groups in 18s and even then only about 15% of the time. It doesn't take long for a healer to hit slightly over 3k HR which is definitely enough for healing just fine.

• Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    I'll plan to be on by then, then.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I'll be on tonight.

I'd like to get to farm for longer than 45m to an hour this time, though.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    12 Gouge will stack on any penetrating hit. Usually someone's going to blow breaching shot early, and the stacks build up pretty quickly.

For me, it's just nice to go into a dungeon run and let people know I got this taken care of.

• Options
    edited February 2013

12 Gouge will stack on any penetrating hit. Usually someone's going to blow breaching shot early, and the stacks build up pretty quickly.

For me, it's just nice to go into a dungeon run and let people know I got this taken care of.

At a certain gear point neither tanks nor healers are really gonna need debilitate, and taking it as a permanent passive will just slow the group down. And some fights (SH 2/6 I'm looking at you) you need absolutely ounce of DPs you can muster, cause you can't trust pug dpsers and that fight is the very definition of a DPs check with a high bar ( need minimum 6k total DPs to basically not wipe, and even then the odds aren't great.)

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight.

@Raiden333 well if you want to get on, Rose, Wiggly and I are ready to go atm.

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight.

@Raiden333 well if you want to get on, Rose, Wiggly and I are ready to go atm.

just got home, getting on.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »

At a certain gear point neither tanks nor healers are really gonna need debilitate, and taking it as a permanent passive will just slow the group down. And some fights (SH 2/6 I'm looking at you) you need absolutely ounce of DPs you can muster, cause you can't trust pug dpsers and that fight is the very definition of a DPs check with a high bar ( need minimum 6k total DPs to basically not wipe, and even then the odds aren't great.)

Which is one of the things I love about TSW. I can switch my entire build around to be very specific to the fight, so there's no such thing as a permanent passive.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    So what the heck is up with pistol resources? They broke in 1.2 and were never put back?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    UPDATE 1.5.6 - FEBRUARY 20TH

GENERAL

The open stairs in the Templars HQ have been covered again.
    The SoulMate machine should now be more consistent in finding available matches.

MISSIONS

The Research of Tyler Freeborn: Players on goal "Survive the battle" should have the assault start for them when they run to the holding cell while there are no Orochi guards around.

DUNGEONS

Resolved an exploit in Hell Eternal. (/sadface)

COMBAT

Pistols: Fixed an issue with Seal the Deal. Hmm. Time to check this out versus Live Wire.

ITEMS

We’ve just launched a wide range of consumable boosts in the Item Store, giving you that extra flexibility and edge! Pop one of these and see your most important stats increase for 60 minutes, or go for one with an instant effect!

@Magic Pink: Are you referring to the bug where some ranged resources were not accumulating? 'Coz that should have been fixed in the patch before today's.

• Options
    Well, I just equipped a pistol last night and it shows the resources accumulating but not down where all the other resources show; they show instead on the critter you're targetting. I looked it up on the forums and people were saying that's been happening off and on with pistols, shotguns and rifles since patch 1.2. I guess shotguns and rifles HAVE been fixed but not pistols?

• Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to Wigs, Rose, Ante, and Mad forgetting on earlier than normal to get the HE group going last night since Maki was right about it being the last night of it. How much longer did you guys grind it out after I took off?

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Uh, all I know is I ended the night with 389 bullion and started at 3. Also, I liked your DPS build you linked last night; though I'm curious why you use The Business instead of Hair Trigger?

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The Business is hands down the best pistol builder. No focus no cast time, 3 hit, its almost as good a builder as safety off, actually better in some ways. You get almost as many hits, full movement speed, and casts much faster 1 sec vs 1.2-1.3 seconds.

There's one weird thing to keep in mind with shootout. It has a long cast but ticks 2 eleforce. Certain dungeons you can do 5-1-1 shootout-ofak and still force crit your next the business, some dungeons you can't which I go to 7 eleforce and go ofak- shootout. What's nice there is that when shootout finishes I start at two counters so no wasting builders chasing the eleforce counter.

Also, I switch to big 45 in fights which require more movement since breaking the shootout cast will severely hurt DPs.

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Well, I just equipped a pistol last night and it shows the resources accumulating but not down where all the other resources show; they show instead on the critter you're targetting. I looked it up on the forums and people were saying that's been happening off and on with pistols, shotguns and rifles since patch 1.2. I guess shotguns and rifles HAVE been fixed but not pistols?

All three kinds of guns build resources on the enemy you're targeting, not on yourself. This has always been the case, and is by design.

• Options
    kafziel wrote: »

All three kinds of guns build resources on the enemy you're targeting, not on yourself. This has always been the case, and is by design.

It hasn't tho. It never did when the game first launched and there's multiple threads complaining about it on the forums. And I haven't used the other weapons yet but all the threads say it only happens with pistols.

• Options
    kafziel wrote: »

It hasn't tho. It never did when the game first launched and there's multiple threads complaining about it on the forums. And I haven't used the other weapons yet but all the threads say it only happens with pistols.

By all means, link these threads. Because when I started playing shortly after launch, guns worked like that, and they have remained working like that since.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    yes, the pistol resources had other bugs.
    but all three guns do build their resources on enemies (like rogue combo points in wow)

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=59892
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=59676
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=58701
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=58364

That's some of them. But I also just found a video on Youtube of someone doing Shotgun gameplay and his resources are CLEARLY building under the target and not his HP bar. So I almost think this is more of a "pistols were fixed" to line up with the other ranged weapons but then there's these threads insisting that they have ranged resources building under their HP bars and not on the targets for the Shotgun and AR.

edit: and now I found ANOTHER Youtube video with the shotgun resources CLEARLY building underneath the Target HP bar in the lower right (next to the ability bar) rather then on the critter. This is bizzare. I wonder if it's just UI mods?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I will also say that at launch, pistols built resources on your target, as all ranged weapons (pistols, shotgun, assault rifle) do. I started playing with pistols at the start.

Simps: We probably did another two hours- enough for me to get 170BB and upgrade two talis. I had horrendous lag issues though, which I'm sure didn't help.

I wanna echo the thanks to everyone in the HE group last night- especially to Rose and Mad since they were there the longest (and to Rose for being so willing to get Maki in there ASAP). /bow

Oh well- back to 18/18's I go.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I will also say that at launch, pistols built resources on your target, as all ranged weapons (pistols, shotgun, assault rifle) do. I started playing with pistols at the start.

By target do you mean over the head of the target or under the target hp bar that shows up to the right of your ability bar?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Well, if I hadn't stayed there the whole time, who else would have tanked?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tanking is my last priority, to be honest. Derps gear, then heal gear, *then* tank gear.

• Options
    I think the big takeaway from this experience - aside from all the bullion, which is nice - is that in the future, we might want to make our 18/18s Polaris, Darkness War, and Hell Eternal. Because that was altogether pretty easy.

• Options
    Wiggly you might even be ready for SH if your hit is in order, the group would have to be fully geared otherwise though.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I was really hoping that the patch was going to include the next DLC, but it seems to be much less interesting than that. It's late Feb, come on DLC!

• Options
    No DLC means more time to get ready for the whip!

steam_sig.png
  • Options

By target do you mean over the head of the target or under the target hp bar that shows up to the right of your ability bar?

Both. As far as I know it's been that way. I started out with pistol/fist and remembered having a hard time initially tracking resources on myself and on my target.

...Holy. I started with fistol. Heh, interesting.

Rose: Well, yeah. Hence why I'm so grateful. /bow

Wigs has a point. Although I've not done the actual Eblis fight for realz. Anything to watch out for that one?

• Options

Both. As far as I know it's been that way. I started out with pistol/fist and remembered having a hard time initially tracking resources on myself and on my target.

...Holy. I started with fistol. Heh, interesting.

Rose: Well, yeah. Hence why I'm so grateful. /bow

Wigs has a point. Although I've not done the actual Eblis fight for realz. Anything to watch out for that one?

Not really. It goes dodge red circles -> shield -> get sucked into the middle -> repeat. I think you need to kill him by the 3rd time you get sucked in though.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I've broken the 600,000,000xp mark. Come on one billion!

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Man, I've been crashing like crazy in Scorched Desert. No other zone (not even Ankh). Something is afoot.

• Options
    Yeah, we could totally take real Eblis. I was going to suggest we really finish it at the end last night, but I was too tired at that point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also, we should totally try some new Nightmares tonight.

I would edit that last post, but the mobile site doesn't let you. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'd be down for that. I'll be on in... hopefully less than two hours from now.

• Options
    Well, I probably won't be on for another two hours. Stupid probability and statistics class!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What's the probability that you'd be on in... 45 minutes from now?

• Options
    Damn, the haunted amusement park and the Black House are so fucking awesome. The Savage Coast is easily my favourite area in the game right now despite it killing me about every 15 minutes. I seriously can't find any gear that ups my attack stuff, it's all heal, heal, heal.

• Options
    Well if you're not getting attack drops, you could always disassemble the stuff you're getting and make some of your own (with the right toolkits).

Otherwise it's buy gear using Sequins, or run dungeons a few times to get upgrades.

This discussion has been closed.