As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phalla Arcade Expo: MAFIA VICTORY (Also B:L and Langly)

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I would like to murder B:L.

He spent two days voting for Anialos on a "hunch" and because he "grouped with the mafia voters on day 1 and avoided the megafrost wagon." Even back on day 3, there wasn't a whole lot of evidence that the voters around anialos were mafia. Avoiding the megafrost wagon actually was the exact opposite of what most of the known mafia had done at that point. Not to mention B:L had done the exact same thing.

He's been pulling out throwaways all over the place. Today he's got a vote for MacAllan without even attempting a reason. I'm going with never evil being evil this time around.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Loophole. B:L is not B:L. Technically still never evil.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I HAD TWO PARTNERS. IT HURT TWICE AS MUCH. EMPATHY CHIP CAUSES ME TO FEEL PAIN. I HATE PAIN. HATE MAFIA.

I REMEMBER TIME I PUT WIG ON PARTNER. MADE PARTNER LOOK PRETTY. PARTNER NOT PRETTY NO MORE. MAFIA MADE SURE OF THAT.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Better secure a lead.

!shalmelo

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Current vote count:

Cayrus (1) - Cayrus

....what?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    seems legit

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MURDERBOT WOULD LIKE TO NOTE THAT DELMAIN WAS LAST TO QUESTION SHALMELO

UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WHAT THAT MEANS

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm not feeling it for Shalmelo.

Macallan, though...

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I'll take the risk and Officially call bullshit on the vote count.

JaysonFour

• Options
    ROGUE UNIT WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON VAMPIRE SHARK + VAMPIRE JAMIROQUAI

REWARD= ADDITIONAL 24 HOURS OF LIFE AND YOUR CHOICE OF GIFT FROM "MAGIC CLAW" CRANE MACHINE.

*GIFT WILL BE FORCIBLY EXTRACTED BY MURDERBOT*

GIFT MAY GET SQUISHED OR CRUSHED IN PROCESS OF EXTRACTION. ACCEPT WITH GRACE.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    SHALMELO HAS EARNED MY VOTE FOR ATTEMPTING TO HIDE THE VOTE COUNT. MISCOUNTING THE VOTE GETS ME ANGRY. YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE ME MORE ANGRY THAN I ACTUALLY AM.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I vote for B:L for now. I don't dig the shalmelo wagon very much, and B:L's vote history is not very good, and it's getting pretty late to put in the first vote for someone and have it matter.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    THREE TARGETS IN SIGHT

[JAYSONFOUR] [RAINFALL] [THETHEROO]

JAYSONFOUR, YOU ARE A CREEPYCAT.

THE WAGON ON RAINFALL WAS NOT A TEST. RAINFALL WAS NOT TRUSTED. RAINFALL WAS SAVED BECAUSE OF REVEAL. NOTHING ELSE. SUBJECT: ZOMBIE HERO WAS BLOCKED DAY BEFORE LAST, NEXT DAY HE GETS BUSDRIVEN AND KILLED. SENTIENT BEINGS CAN DECIDE IF SUSPICIOUS.

COUNTER EVIDENCE: VOTED FOR M.D. . BUT M.D. WAS ALWAYS COMPROMISED AS OS IDENTITY WAS ALWAYS KNOWN.

THETHEROO , WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD!?

• Options

TARGETS WHO CONTACT MURDERBOT MAY RECEIVE MERCY. CONTINUING TO REMAIN SILENT MAY RESULT IN MURDER

MURDERBOT REALIZES IT IS THE WEEKEND.

• Options
    !Thetheroo needs deadening.

• Options
    MURDERBOT IS LISTENING TO THE BEATING HEART HE TOOK

JAYSONFOUR

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I was about half-convinced that jaysonfour died to inactivus a couple days ago.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    !Jaysonfour

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    jaysonfour is a vote I can support.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    75 minutes left.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Solidifying in one vote to prevent shenanigans is significantly more important than the difference in suspicion between B:L and Jaysonfour. And honestly, looking over Jaysonfour's post history, there is a lot of useless posts and basically no analysis. B:L is at least participating.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Jaysonfour

I'm going to a bar/arcade cleverly titled the Space Bar, so that's all you get from me..

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    @Thetheroo and @Macallan should probably vote! Especially 'roo.

Also INANTP, but apparently I'm psychic.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    jaysonfour

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    My Turkish housemate got back today, and unfortunatley he brought Raki. THE MILK OF THE STRONG.

It is very difficult to type properly, but I can put a vote on Jaysonfour.

I hope I was able to properly type BBCode

• Options
    MacallanMacallan Registered User regular
    WORK SCHEDULE IS MAFIA IT WANT ME DEAD

real talk: I've been insanely busy. But I'm on board with the Jaysonfour vote, just to increase the vote margins and reduce the likelyhood of any vote shenanigans actually having an effect.

• Options
    MacallanMacallan Registered User regular
    Or wants, even. Surprise 13 hours on Saturday will do that to you.

• Options
    10 minutes! No longer any inactives.

• Options
    Vote closed. Narration when ahava finishes.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Day Six

There is nothing quite like the taste of a fine chardonnay. Or so I have been led to believe. But I myself have now found myself partial to Port. A thick syrupy wine that tastes fantastic with a sharp cheese or some deep dark chocolate. I was enjoying such a thing when the moment came.

I looked up from my console, where I had been monitoring the ongoing experiment in Virtual Reality Gaming. This good group of people were so eager and so willing to subject themselves to this test. It was truly all just a game and all in good fun. I had hoped that none of them would take it too seriously.

But as they slowly stirred in their chairs, one by one, being awakened from the game induced slumber that they had allowed themselves to be put in, I knew that it was no longer just a game. There was some anger, and lots of frustration, and the muttering and murmuring amongst themselves grew louder. They shook their fists at us in the control booth, and though they could not see us, they could not hear us, we could see and hear them. It had not gone as they had hoped, it had not gone as they thought. They were upset with how they had been portrayed and even though it was all supposed to be good fun, as a friend once told me long ago, “Phalla is Serious Business”.

But they would have to wait down there, mingling with themselves until the game was finished. They would have to wait until all inhabitants of Wangshire Village were completely unable to fend for themselves. They would have to wait and stew, wanting to unleash their venom and their hatred on somebody, somebody to blame for the horrible thoughts they were thinking.

And when the red light flashed on my dash, letting me know that the final decisions were in, and when my co-worker let out a deep sigh and began typing the results into the computer to be shown to those still in the Wangshire World, I knew that soon, the glass would come down and we would have to deal with the people who forgot what it was to just have a fun game. I started to pour myself another glass of wine, but opted instead this time for a mug of tea. It would do me better to be at least partially sober for that which was about to come.

“Is it over?”

“It’s over. It went exactly as I said it would. Those in the game have been told the results. They should be waking up any time now. You ready for this part?”

“I hate this part.”

“You hate every part it seems”

“Nah, watching the guinea pigs do their little dance in the middle is fun. It’s just the extreme ends that I find distasteful. Ah well, might as well get on with it. Flash the results up on the screen, I’ll cover the keyboards and the electronics and then lower the glass. They might have rotten tomatoes hidden somewhere in there.”

“Always a pessimist, Hava. Always a pessimist.”

I set myself to doing what I could to prepare, but sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet and get covered in soft fruit. The experiment was over, and Wangshire Village had been lost once more, set back into the hills of our imagination once again to wait for another chance to become something great.

Results:

The Dead:
    Jaysonfour - Fiaryn - voted out
    SaberOverEasy - Oats - hockey skate to the throat
    Smasher - Zandracon - probed

The Secretly Dead AKA Victims of BURNAGE PHALLA AKA the montauk'd:
    Cythraul - SaberOverEasy (Day 1)
    Spoit - Thetheroo (Day 2)
    SeGaTai - The Anonymous (Day 5)
    Rainfall - Megafrost (Day 6)

There are 8 players left, with 11 votes between them. The mafia controls 6 of these votes. Their win condition was to control the vote, therefore:

MAFIA VICTORY!!!

The victorious mafia:
    Macallan - Rend and mafia alien
    shalmelo (OF COURSE) - Phyphor and mafia android
    Thetheroo - shalmelo and mafia shalmelo

shalmelo has ALSO achieved his secondary win condition of being the last spreadsheeter standing!

The remaining villagers:
    Cayrus - premium
    B:L - TehSpectre

The Cult of Kime
    Invictus - kime
    Egos - Munkus Beaver
    I needed a name to post. - Burnage

Grudges if you hate that win condition go to me, not ahava. And really only the Cult of Kime should be grudging me, the village is obviously doomed.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    NOOOO

YOU CAN'T STOP BURNAGE IN A BURNAGE PHALLA

RETCON TIME WARP HISTORY BOMB

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Really? Urgh.

• Options
    Roles (THE FUN PART) will go up soonish. Also links to the master spreadsheet.

Before that though: apologies to premium and Smasher, those roles sucked and we should have done something different with them. There were some other errors, but I feel bad about that.

• Options
    Yes, jdark you also won. As did Gandalf.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    For the record, when I threw my fit at the end of Day 1, I wasn't actually angry at jdarksun. He can attest that I was bouncing between the thread and my PM window offloading my information on him in hopes of helping the village.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    If thetheroo had died the last night, what would've happened?

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    INANTP won in the other timeline

KGMvDLc.jpg?1