As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

State of the Union 2013 - One Nation Under Cops

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    president walks on

"The state of the union... is pretty shitty."

tips over lecturn, walks out

0BnD8l3.gif
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    oh my god gorgeous old black woman rocking that shawl/cape thing just smudged something off of little Barry's face

ETqXK.png
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    applause longer than 1 minute I just got an "O"

• Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    Man, do they really have to clap forever? If I was president I would spend forever walking to the podium, just to fuck with people.

....really hoping that other people in here are also on fashion-watch

ETqXK.png
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    They sure do like clapping.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    oh dang, Boehner is not pleased with all these kisses.

VayBJ4e.png
    What's with the green ribbons I see everyone wearing? Please don't be a dumb partisan thing.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    that white girl they cut to for a second there had the saltiest look ever on her face

ovation count: 1

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    What's with the green ribbons I see everyone wearing? Please don't be a dumb partisan thing.

Victims of Gun Violence.

wow, the prez is going right after the unification theme.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    St Paddys special in the bar if you wear a green ribbon during the SotU.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Man, do they really have to clap forever? If I was president I would spend forever walking to the podium, just to fuck with people.

Man I wish I could remember when or where I heard the story, but when some dictator walked out onto the stage one time, everybody started clapping and it went on for like eleven minutes while he just fucking stood there. The first guy to stop clapping was immediately thrown in jail for like 20 years.

show some fucking humility Obama, and tell those sycophantic assholes to shut the hell up.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    listening to this speech on npr

I'll probably end up just listening to highlights tomorrow because oh god the applause is so boring

I hope this dorner shit gets done with!

2x39jD4.jpg
    Athenor wrote: »

Victims of Gun Violence.

Really? Seeing a lot of republicans with them on. It's a good thing to be supportive of that, but I figured the NRA would be all over anything that even looks like it could be against guns.

already over this youtube enhanced videographic thing

ETqXK.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Wow... "The state of the union is strongER." I never thought I'd hear one of these where the prez didn't say it is all great and sunshine.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    I think he just quoted jay-z someone confirm please

I think he just quoted jay-z someone confirm please

"your president is black, my lambo is blue, and I'll be goddamned if my rims ain't too." - obama, 2013

Oh shit, biden's got his glasses on.

Victims of Gun Violence.

Really? Seeing a lot of republicans with them on. It's a good thing to be supportive of that, but I figured the NRA would be all over anything that even looks like it could be against guns.

The NBC guys were talking about how the Republicans were fractured. There's the main party, an NRA supporting party (Ted Nugent is there tonight) and the Tea Party side, which is going to be giving their own response to the state of the union (separate from the republican response).

are they his thinking glasses or his ass kicking glasses?

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

Victims of Gun Violence.

Friendly reminder that the NRA advocated placing armed security guards in every American school after Newtown.

The thing is, the GOP can claim that they regret what happened at Newtown, while still violently gnashing their teeth about acting like adults and accepting the necessity of gun law reforms.

[IMG][/img]
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Though to be fair, at least some members of the GOP establishment are acting like mature adults about the prospect of tighter gun legislation, as opposed to responding with the usual stone wall of partisan bullshit.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]

They are his "contact scratched my iris" glasses. Not as ass kicking, but still.. man's there with a scratched iris!

And man, can you tell when the Republicans are sitting on their hands.

Yes

obama just said he would "usher in a new era of social communism" can we get a mod in here

staring at boehner's tie+shirt combo is giving me a migraine

who the hell let him out of his house dressed in that

he looks like a middle manager from Roanoke

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    The standing ovations make this hard to watch

Seriously

You dont need that many

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Boehner looks darker than Obama.

jkZziGc.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »

It's handy for me because I can just put the speech on mute and glance over occasionally and still get the gist.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Damn. He just outright called it a manufactured crisis? He really, REALLY is laying down the pimp hand.

God I love Biden. His reactions are great.

> Talk about ending partisan brinkmanship.

> Half the hall refuses to applaud with the other half.

[IMG][/img]
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Futore wrote: »

It's handy for me because I can just put the speech on mute and glance over occasionally and still get the gist.

SeV4Dz6.jpg?1

really? really?

ETqXK.png
    Boehner looks absolutely miserable, and it is delicious.

[IMG][/img]
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    reading the thread instead of watching the thing

i'm high strung enough as it is i don't need to hear all the bullshitting live

seriously guys someone explain a filibuster to me

a filibuster is where a politician or politicians needlessly draw out a debate to postpone or delay or otherwise obstruct a vote on a proposal

People refuse to vote on a bill until it's too late for Congress to pass it.

[IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.