As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SchlitzKrieg 2013 Beer Tour [Photos and Wrapup]

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    *snip*

As it so happens, WA.B.L. (Washington Beer Lovers) just did a walking tour through Ballard earlier this month. Tour looked something like this.

Also, Yay schlitzkreig.

"WA.B.L."...

wobble?

That is the correct pronounciation, sir.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Poulsbo Beer Run / Hopstock link here! I'm going to register tonight or tomorrow... Starting at Valholl. Anyone want to join me??

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    vespachica wrote: »
    Poulsbo Beer Run / Hopstock link here! I'm going to register tonight or tomorrow... Starting at Valholl. Anyone want to join me??

@JobiWanKenobi and I are in. I might bring my bike instead.

• Options
    It looks like the Thursday walking tour of Ballard is a GO! The specifics have yet to be worked out but there are enough tiny new breweries that will open for us early to make it happen. I've promised the breweries 30-45 people on the tour so let's fill those seats, people!!

Here's the basic outline (also repeated in Post #2 of the thread, above):

You'll be able to pick from one of two options for how you want to do the tour - both will be available:

Option A: Tour on foot. Cheaper - Slower - More Walking. Unlimited places available.
    Option B: Tour via the Cycle Saloon. Pricier - Faster - More Comfortable. 16 seats available.

5 or 6 Breweries on the Tour!
    9:00 AM: Group bus from the Sheraton downtown to Base Camp in Ballard
    9:30 AM: Meet at Base Camp in Ballard
    10:00 AM - 3:00 PM: Brewery Tour
    3:00 PM: Return to Base Camp
    3:30 PM: End of tour, but optional stop for snacks/happy hour at any of the fine local establishments, including Cafe Mox.

Tentative Itinerary
    Bad Jimmy's Brewery
    Populuxe Brewing
    Reuben's Brews
    Peddler Brewing
    Hilliard's Brewing and/or NW Peaks Brewery (they're on the same end of the same block)

The Cycle Saloon
    homepage-photo.png

• Options
    jjjewelsjjjewels TorontoRegistered User regular
    It looks like the Thursday walking tour of Ballard is a GO! The specifics have yet to be worked out but there are enough tiny new breweries that will open for us early to make it happen. I've promised the breweries 30-45 people on the tour so let's fill those seats, people!!

In! Where do I sign up?

• Options
    jjjewels wrote: »

In! Where do I sign up?

Signup link will be posted soon (like in the next few days). Keep an eye on this thread.

• Options
    Tshirts! We could use a new design for this year. Last year's shirt design is below - if you've got the skills and the interest to design a new SchlitzKrieg shirt this year, step up! If nobody volunteers then we'll just use last year's design.

IMG_0497.JPG

• Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    Is Sunday Kitsap still looking to be a thing?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dougyfresh wrote: »
    Is Sunday Kitsap still looking to be a thing?

Yup. I'm getting the details for the Ballard tour finalized this week so that we can post signups. Once that's done, planning for Kitsap shall commence!

• Options
    BennyBenzBennyBenz Registered User regular
    I'm getting the details for the Ballard tour finalized this week so that we can post signups.

Any progress on this? :) Do you have an approximate cost?

• Options
    Progress = Yes.
    Cost = Approximately $25 - $50 for the Ballard tour, depending on how many optional stuffs you add on
    Cost = Approximately $75 - $100 for the Kitsap tour.

Prices subject to change.

Last Thursday June 6, I received the license I've been waiting for over the past 6 months relating to my special work project. Planning is on hold for a few more days until things are in order. It's kinda crazy right now.

• Options
    BennyBenzBennyBenz Registered User regular
    Thanks for the info. Good luck with your project!

• Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    I am not good at the arts but if I were I would try to make pixelated tanks.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    Yeah, there hasn't been a whole lot of volunteerism for the shirt design.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT NO BEER LOVERS ARE ARTISTS AND NO ARTISTS LOVE BEER.

Somebody's gotta be out there who wants to do this.

• Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    I have a rudimentary hop and foamy beer mug that I've been working on for button designs but man, I'm no designer yet.

Also, hi! I just uploaded the pics from last year to flickr so I thought it was time I checked in on this year's planning.

• Options
    Like I said I am no good at arts but I decided to try my hand at making a logo. While this is shoddy workmanship hopefully someone talented will be inspired to come up with something that is good.

tour.jpg

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Rhiley wrote: »
    Like I said I am no good at arts but I decided to try my hand at making a logo. While this is shoddy workmanship hopefully someone talented will be inspired to come up with something that is good.

Oh, gawd, I want it, even though I won't be able to make the tours.

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    Holy Shit @courtneyj, those photos are AMAZING!! They need a soundtrack! And also make me want to drink beer...

Do you mind if I link to your photo album in the OP? It's really a great set of photos from last year's tour and the only album anybody's come up with yet.

• Options
    edited June 2013

tour.jpg

The best part is the score in the upper right corner. I wonder if we could find a way to do the shirts that would allow each person's achievement score to be personalized on their shirt?

EDIT: and oh yeah: Right On!!

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    Holy Shit @courtneyj, those photos are AMAZING!! They need a soundtrack! And also make me want to drink beer...

Do you mind if I link to your photo album in the OP? It's really a great set of photos from last year's tour and the only album anybody's come up with yet.

Go for it.

• Options
    courtneyj wrote: »
    I have a rudimentary hop and foamy beer mug that I've been working on for button designs but man, I'm no designer yet.

Also, hi! I just uploaded the pics from last year to flickr so I thought it was time I checked in on this year's planning.

OMG I miss you guys and the beer so much. I wish it were Labor Day Weekend already. 8->

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    Ok, I met with the Cycle Saloon owner, and prices are set for the Ballard tour. I'll try to get a signup link posted soon-ish. There's a little padding (about $6) in the ticket price which will be available for refund to you on the tour date if it's not used. You can take the refund or leave it as a donation for Child's Play.

Ticket Range: $50 - $85

Ballard Tour on Thursday

Bare-Bones tour minimum price: $50
    Includes: tastes at each brewery, tour booklet, Prizes and tips.

Extras:
    Tshirt: $7
    Stein: $6
    Tour via Cycle Saloon instead of walking: $25

• Options
    And that will be an afternoon start, right?

• Options
    No, it will start in the morning, so as to get everyone back in time for the PPD and the TWDT.

• Options
    Speaking of Child's Play, will there be any cookie brigade people taking donations during the tours? I know that cookies always sound really good after I've had a few drinks.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    Speaking of Child's Play, will there be any cookie brigade people taking donations during the tours? I know that cookies always sound really good after I've had a few drinks.

Sure, I'll make sure there is a baked goods presence on the tour. Good idea.

• Options

tour.jpg

This is super fun. Nobody else has come forward, so you guyz want this for the shirt this year?

• Options
    I think it's awesome. What do you think about having shirts available for purchase in addition to (or in lieu of) as prizes?

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    vespachica wrote: »
    I think it's awesome. What do you think about having shirts available for purchase in addition to (or in lieu of) as prizes?

That's the plan this year :)

• Options
    edited June 2013

tour.jpg

The best part is the score in the upper right corner. I wonder if we could find a way to do the shirts that would allow each person's achievement score to be personalized on their shirt?

If we were to go with this design the the problem that I see with doing a customized score would be not getting a bulk discount for the orders. Maybe change the 2013 to a high-score and add a blank line score for people to fill in their score with a fabric pen or something like that? Could also move the 2013 to the SchlitzKrieg line so it's SchlitzKrieg 2013 leaving the score empty.

Rhiley on
    2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options

tour.jpg

If we were to go with this design the the problem that I see with doing a customized score would be not getting a bulk discount for the orders. Maybe change the 2013 to a high-score and add a blank line score for people to fill in their score with a fabric pen or something like that? Could also move the 2013 to the SchlitzKrieg line so it's SchlitzKrieg 2013 leaving the score empty.

Not a bad idea. Fabric pens are easy and cheap. Maybe even do a shirt where you get an achievement for having all the distillers sign off at each brewery.

• Options
    Hey Guys - quick bump for information:

The Thursday tour of Ballard is 100% on, despite the ticketing delays. (I just need to find time to set up the signups). If you want to go Thursday, all of the arrangements have been made with the breweries and the Cycle Saloon, so definitely plan for it if you're interested in going. I'll get the signup site up as soon as I can; things have been insanely busy lately.

• Options
    ZarcronZarcron Registered User regular
    super excited to sign my friend and I up for this! Hope you have room for Pax Newbies!

• Options
    I still suck at arts but a black t-shirt might look better.

tourbl.jpg

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    Zarcron wrote: »
    super excited to sign my friend and I up for this! Hope you have room for Pax Newbies!

Of course! Hope you have patience for late ticketing ;)

@Rhiley - Yeah, that looks pretty good. I'm not 100% sure now that I'll be able to coordinate T-shirts with everything I've got going on but will give it my best shot!

• Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    We did our Eugene Beer Golf event a couple weekends ago and it has me pumped for the brew tours!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TICKETS ARE ON SALE FOR THE THURSDAY BALLARD TOUR!! The Kitsap tour tickets should go on sale next week (Hopefully. Fingers crossed.)

• Options
    Kusanagi604Kusanagi604 Registered User regular
    Thanks for all your hard work for setting all this up. Just have 1 question though, on the ticketing site, it says Aug 29th at the top but beside the tour options it says Aug 28th.

• Options
    Thanks for the catch! It's a typo. The tour is on Thursday the 29th.

• Options
    Kusanagi604Kusanagi604 Registered User regular
    Sweet. Gonna sign me and 2 friends up for the cycle saloon. Will we have the permit to BYOB while riding?