As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SchlitzKrieg 2013 Beer Tour [Photos and Wrapup]

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, no :(

It's still awesome.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    So sad I can't go this year. It was definitely the most fun I had last year and it's something I hope keeps continuing forever and ever :)

• Options
    courtneyj wrote: »
    So sad I can't go this year. It was definitely the most fun I had last year and it's something I hope keeps continuing forever and ever :)

Nooooooooooo!!!!

• Options
    itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    My beer-loving friends are quite interested. I'm curious if you know whether any of the breweries have non-beer brews as well? Like cider or rootbeer or something else?

Not *that* kind of princess.
  • Options
    itchbay wrote: »
    My beer-loving friends are quite interested. I'm curious if you know whether any of the breweries have non-beer brews as well? Like cider or rootbeer or something else?

Most breweries have something non-alcoholic on hand. Ciders, not so much.

Each of the Kitsap breweries carry at least one house-made soda.

• Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Just grabbed 2 Cycle saloon / t-shirt combo tickets. Did anyone do this then follow it up with the triwizard drinking tournament last year?

Can't wait for the tour!

Rhiley on
    2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    Rhiley wrote: »
    Did anyone do this then follow it up with the triwizard drinking tournament last year?

We did the tour on Monday last year- this is the first Thursday tour ever!

• Options
    Rhiley wrote: »
    Did anyone do this then follow it up with the triwizard drinking tournament last year?

We did the tour on Monday last year- this is the first Thursday tour ever!

Ah I see...I think that the trick will be to drink just enough beer to fall asleep after the tour then wake up refreshed later in the evening.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    Sweet. Gonna sign me and 2 friends up for the cycle saloon. Will we have the permit to BYOB while riding?

Actually, scratch that previous reply. YES, you can bring beer in cans, or box wine.

• Options
    BananaPartzBananaPartz Registered User new member
    Pretty psyched to attend this year - first PAX Prime ever, also, my husband designed the shirt. I do fear the hangover that will come from an afternoon of drinking beer followed by an evening of drinking booze. But I am not one to shy away from the challenge.

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Well, just brought the basic ballard tour ticket. look forward to seeing all you guys in just 4 weeks.
    Oh, and re the team names- really, Fuggles? Suppose it could've been worse.. could have been Goldings!

• Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    Baka Al wrote: »
    Well, just brought the basic ballard tour ticket. look forward to seeing all you guys in just 4 weeks.
    Oh, and re the team names- really, Fuggles? Suppose it could've been worse.. could have been Goldings!

The american version of fuggles is willamette which no one would be able to properly say though.

• Options
    Baka Al wrote: »

Better Goldings than Geldings.

• Options
    SarraSarra Registered User regular
    I signed up for the cycle saloon too! Can't wait, my husband is going to be so jealous but he's going to Pax Dev, so I need something to do! haha

• Options
    JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    I also signed up for the cycle saloon.

Initially I was thinking about doing the walking tour, but how often do you get the chance to cruise between breweries on a 16 seat bike full of PAXers? Cycle saloon FTW!

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options
    Cycle Saloon Update: They actually have 2 bikes, so if there's enough interest, we could get the second bike and add another 16 seats.

• Options
    Okay you guys, the Kitsap tickets are live! I've heard back from all of the breweries and we're on. As per usual, if the actual cost is less than the ticket cost, you'll be given the choice of a refund for the difference or donating to Child's Play.

• Options
    RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    EDIT: Nevermind, nothing to see here. Question was answered on the last page.

RDubb on
  • Options
    ZarcronZarcron Registered User regular
    how do I sign up where do I go... so excited hope I don't miss out!

• Options
    ZarcronZarcron Registered User regular
    nm found it!

• Options
    I'm working out the lunch option for the Kitsap tour this week, and there's a good chance it will be a PIG ROAST at the Slippery Pig.

Ideally we'd do a combination pig roast/salmon bake with a small qty of vegan entree available too. I'll keep everyone posted.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Lunch option for the Ballard tour will be food trucks or restaurant delivery. There's a ton of options, but y'all will be on your own to feed yourselves in Ballard.

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    My god... Beer and pulled pork? You have created.... A MONSTER!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dougyfresh wrote: »

Not to be overly picky, but it looks like the plan is a pig ROAST not pulled pork... so I guess that you'll need to pull your own pork. If you're into that sort of thing. (wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more)

PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options

Not to be overly picky, but it looks like the plan is a pig ROAST not pulled pork... so I guess that you'll need to pull your own pork. If you're into that sort of thing. (wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more)

Booooooo.

• Options

Booooooo.

Looks like my work here is done. (Moseys off into the sunset...)

• Options
    Gah, while my fiance and her friend should still be attending I think my plans have changed due to omegathonage. Maybe she can sneak some pig back for me :-)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gah, while my fiance and her friend should still be attending I think my plans have changed due to omegathonage. Maybe she can sneak some pig back for me :-)

Weren't you signed up for Ballard on Thursday? You might be able to still work the tour in. And sadly, the pig roast is on the Kitsap tour only. :(

• Options
    Nope we are planning kitsap, haven't bought yet though. Ill pm you later about it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think they culled the Omegathon list from the SchlitzKrieg thread. Rhiley's a 'naut too.

• Options
    BennyBenzBennyBenz Registered User regular
    I think they culled the Omegathon list from the SchlitzKrieg thread. Rhiley's a 'naut too.
    Possibly! I have a missed call on my phone from an unknown number almost 2 hours ago :(

• Options

This is true.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    mdjenkinsmdjenkins Registered User regular
    I'm torn on what to do...

I'm in Oakland until the Monday before PAX. I then start a leisurely multiple day drive up the coast. Multiple days, so I can safely sample some micro brews on my way to Portland. Wednesday night in Portland for food and more beer. Thursday was to be a short 3 hour trip from Portland to Seattle. To make the 9:30am meet up I would need to leave Portland around 6am. That is a horrible hour to be driving. What if I met up with the tour mid stream?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for microbreweries that are not to be missed between Oakland and Seattle?

• Options
    mdjenkins wrote: »
    I'm torn on what to do...

I'm in Oakland until the Monday before PAX. I then start a leisurely multiple day drive up the coast. Multiple days, so I can safely sample some micro brews on my way to Portland. Wednesday night in Portland for food and more beer. Thursday was to be a short 3 hour trip from Portland to Seattle. To make the 9:30am meet up I would need to leave Portland around 6am. That is a horrible hour to be driving. What if I met up with the tour mid stream?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for microbreweries that are not to be missed between Oakland and Seattle?

You could meet the Thursday tour mid-stream. Send me a PM with your expected arrival time and we'll work something out.

• Options
    BennyBenzBennyBenz Registered User regular

Actually, scratch that previous reply. YES, you can bring beer in cans, or box wine.

Just to confirm we have the permit for this right? The cycle saloon website says we can bring cans and boxes "if the group obtains a banquet permit from the Washington Liquor Control board."

I just bought 5 tickets for this for my group yesterday so I hope so! :)

• Options
    edited August 2013
    BennyBenz wrote: »

Just to confirm we have the permit for this right? The cycle saloon website says we can bring cans and boxes "if the group obtains a banquet permit from the Washington Liquor Control board."

I just bought 5 tickets for this for my group yesterday so I hope so! :)

Yup! Just keep in mind that there will be loads of beer already, and you may not want to drink more...

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    I am...cycling. I am not a coordinated walker. Sober.

This ought to be entertaining.

• Options
    So question for everybody - interest in the Kitsap tour isn't as high as initially Indictated.

For the folks who were voting for Kitsap earlier - please weigh in on whether you're planning on signing up or not.

That let's me plan the tour correctly before we outlay a bunch of money and plans for the wrong number of people.

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Well, in answer to your question Lexi, I've just signed up for the Kitsap tour.
    As well, figure a mid PAX break would be a good thing really, (plus, well Sound Brewing!)

• Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    vespachica on
    ufq9gj8383nh.png