Options

[Mechwarrior:Online] Missile HSR is in. Mvrck is the happiest person alive.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    That isn't so bad. Can I freely change colours while using it?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    That isn't so bad. Can I freely change colours while using it?

I think so. Also, in case it wasn't clear, Unlocking unlocks it for the entire mech chassis, for all of the variants.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Also is single use camo single application or single game?

Single application; it lasts until you change it. I think you can change colors all you want, though, without repurchasing the pattern.

I don't really know about that, though, because I only buy permanent camo unlocks, and only when they're on sale. :D

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    That change has the potential to kneecap medium laser builds if not implement end well. Lasers should probably be exempt because of the firing time.

Wonder how badly ac/2s will be affected. They're already pretty frigging hot. Maybe a base heat reduction?

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    That change has the potential to kneecap medium laser builds if not implement end well.

Well, there's no reason that the MLAS penalty will start at 4; it seems to me that they're saying it's adjustable on a weapon by weapon basis. Like, for PPCs, it's 3 "for free" (should by 2, IMO, but whatever); for MLASes, maybe it's 5 or 6; or it's 3, but the penalty is only +2 heat.

There's a number of ways I can see them going with this.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    The system allows them to add another metric to measure weapon effectiveness. This should end well.

• Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    Hmm, in reality, that new heat mechanic only needed to apply to PPC's really. It's interesting as to why they included lasers. Perhaps PGI feels they don't want mass boating of any kind, or if you do boat, with penalty.

Regardless it's a good mechanic and when it's first implemented it may suck, or not work, but a patch or two and it should be a fine way of balancing weapons that can be boated.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    It doesn't even prevent boating honestly. It just prevents people from alpha striking with identical weapons without a penalty. A guy can still fill his mech with PPC's and fire them off 3 at a time with a second between each volley.

• Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Pulse Lasers are being normalized to have their variances standardized between the different sizes. This is in preparation of them being tuned as we move toward launch. What this directly means is that for now, Small Pulse Lasers will have their damage increased to 3.4 and their heat reduced to 2.4. Large Pulse Lasers will have their damage increased to 10.6 but their heat is also increased to 8.5. This puts all 3 pulse lasers in alignment of having an approximate 1.25 variance for DPS and a 1.3 variance for HPS. Once this is implemented into the live servers, we will be looking at how they play out and making further adjustments as needed. (June 18th Patch)

Urgh. While I'm all for boosting pulse lasers, this is the completely wrong way to go about doing this. Why not decrease the fire rate and beam duration? Make it stand out against lasers more?

Spiking LPLs' heat by 1.2 points for a paltry 0.6 damage boost is also pretty terrible. They're barely viable as is.

Kaboodles_The_Assassin on
    sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's a step in the right direction, is my point. Compared to what other people are proposing to PGI, this is a pretty light move that can be adjusted to have greater impacts.

A couple of people have suggested
    1) Treat ER PPC and PPCs as a one type of weapon, ER LL and LL too.

2) Set the PPC limit to 2, 3 PPC + Gauss builds should already be affected by a penalty.

3) AC20 should be limited to one, with a significant heat penalty for firing two at once.

I could agree with the first point. The second and third should be implemented later if it's needed.

BillGates on
    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Limiting PPC alphas to 2 kinda hurts the Awesome more than anything else.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    OrickOrick Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Wait, permenantly unlocking a camo scheme only does it for one mech?

Really?

Fuck.

Well, one chassis.

So if you unlock Centurion Dazzle, for instance, it's available on all of your -ALs, As, and Ds. But not on your Wang.

But I want dazzle on my Wang!

• Options

Could be quirk for the AWS? That might not be a bad idea. Make it more...viable.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Does getting Stabbity and Albino confused in this thread make me racist?

Yes, Luna is the best pony. Also my DeathStar's nicknamed the Lunar Barrage.

We have theme music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPjVCIX5Fvs

DaMoon does not support this.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    OrickOrick Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Does getting Stabbity and Albino confused in this thread make me racist?

Yes, Luna is the best pony. Also my DeathStar's nicknamed the Lunar Barrage.

We have theme music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPjVCIX5Fvs

DaMoon does not support this.

So that's where you got your nick from!

are we running two channels in vent, one assault, one conquest? I am gonna dust off the reaper and the metal baby.

Orick on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »

Could be quirk for the AWS? That might not be a bad idea. Make it more...viable.

The 4P was noted specifically as a mech that would suffer due to its boating nature if it wasn't taken into account. I wouldn't be surprised to see the AWS receive similar special treatment.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    So...the Black/Death-dtar will be....a lot hotter in the future, I take it?

Hrmmm. That seems to go against the whole point of the 4P.

The idea for the Deathstar is that you might be able to do 6 at once, according to the example, but then penalties start to accrue. So keep the lunchbox on one group, save the others. To me, it would mean that I'd change the Blackstar back into a Flashjack and give it a PPC and six MLs, or 2LL/6ML, or something along those lines.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    So...the Black/Death-dtar will be....a lot hotter in the future, I take it?

Hrmmm. That seems to go against the whole point of the 4P.

The idea for the Deathstar is that you might be able to do 6 at once, according to the example, but then penalties start to accrue. So keep the lunchbox on one group, save the others. To me, it would mean that I'd change the Blackstar back into a Flashjack and give it a PPC and six MLs, or 2LL/6ML, or something along those lines.

Fire the box, wait .5 seconds, fire the three remaining lasers, no heat penalty. Slight nerf to concentrated damage.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Yes. It might be better to just quote the example, I'm getting the impression that it wasn't there originally:

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/122300-gameplay-update-june-112013/
    An example:
    Mech Model: Hunchback-4P
    This Mech (known as the Swayback) is capable of firing 9 energy weapons all at the same time. There are 6 energy hardpoints in the pod on its shoulder, one on each arm and one on the head. The most common build for this Mech is to boat it with Medium Lasers.

We take into consideration that the 6-pack pod is intended to be fired all at once and a player should not be penalized for this. It is for this reason that we would set the Medium Laser threshold to 6; meaning that firing 6 MLs simultaneously will NOT suffer from a heat scale penalty. The 6 MLs will generate the standard amount of heat currently in the game.

The heat scale penalty kicks in when the player fires 7 or more MLs and for each ML fired beyond 7, the heat scale increases. The breakdown would look as follows (Keep in mind, these numbers are for demonstration purposes only):

6 ML fired = 0 heat penalty
    7 ML fired = 5 heat penalty
    8 ML fired = 10 heat penalty
    9 ML fired = 20 heat penalty

To avoid the heat penalty while playing a Swayback is easily avoided if the player fires 6 MLs and waits 0.5 seconds and then fires the remaining 3 MLs. Doing so will result in 0 heat penalties.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    D:

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Sooooo. LRMs. I did some calculations. Stacking LRM5s is better than big packs, if you can deal with the increased heat and the multiple slots needed. Tempted to try this on the RVN-3L and the JR7-D.

My shorthand might be confusing, but I think it's obvious.
    LRM5: 2 tons/1 slot
    5.5 damage
    3.25 CDR
    2 heat
    1.69 DPS
    0.62 HPS
    10: 3.38/1.24 4/2 (2.93/1.07 - 5/2)
    15: 5.07/1.86 6/3 (3.88/1.18 - 7/3)
    20: 6.76/2.48 8/4 (4.63/1.26 - 10/5)

LRM10: 5 tons/2 slot
    11 damage
    3.75 CDR
    4 heat
    2.93 DPS
    1.07 HPS
    20: 5.86/2.14 10/4 (4.63/1.26 - 10/5)

LRM15: 7 tons/3 slot
    16.5 damage
    4.25 CDR
    5 heat
    3.88 DPS
    1.18 HPS

LRM20 10 tons/5 slot
    22 damage
    4.75 CDR
    6 heat
    4.63 DPS
    1.26 HPS

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    That's stated in a way to make it sound like that scale is solely for the 4P (or, just the HBK in general). It could be different for the Jenner-F, or the Blackstardeathjack.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Bah, stupid link no worky.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Broken link?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    BillGates wrote: »

The 4P was noted specifically as a mech that would suffer due to its boating nature if it wasn't taken into account. I wouldn't be surprised to see the AWS receive similar special treatment.

I would be. They've made it pretty clear they don't give a shit about the Awesome, or really making any more tweaks to already introduced 'mechs any time in the foreseeable future.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Bah, stupid link no worky.

It's okay, I Googled it and the image was exactly what I hoped it would be.

• Options
    Orick wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Wait, permenantly unlocking a camo scheme only does it for one mech?

Really?

Fuck.

Well, one chassis.

So if you unlock Centurion Dazzle, for instance, it's available on all of your -ALs, As, and Ds. But not on your Wang.

But I want dazzle on my Wang!

Sorry; you can only tweak your Wang. It costs 8k XP.

• Options
    Man, wins are hard to come by this tournament.

Also, playing with Ruckus, obligatory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbfGkiecl2M

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    That's stated in a way to make it sound like that scale is solely for the 4P (or, just the HBK in general). It could be different for the Jenner-F, or the Blackstardeathjack.

The way it sounded to me was that it was how medium lasers, in general, would function. Particularly, this line:
    It is for this reason that we would set the Medium Laser threshold to 6; meaning that firing 6 MLs simultaneously will NOT suffer from a heat scale penalty.

So, for the Blackstar, set the six medium lasers in the arm pods (3 per arm) to one firing group, the two in the side torsos for the other two medium lasers.

Not that this change will affect me, anyways...I already run the Blackstar as a single continuous, neverending beam of eye-searing green light (chain-firing eight mediums results in a loooooooong beam time).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Guys.

Guys.

I saw a genuine NARC in the field. Like, a mech. With a NARC equipped. He also had LRMs so he was the best kind of NARCer.

So I called out to my teammates "DO NOT SHOOT ALPHA

HE IS AN ENDANGERED SPECIES

HE BELONGS IN A MUSEUM"

he was the second to last mech to fall, and when he did, the teammate who got the kill informed me that

"Mr. Jones. There is nothing you can possess which I cannot take away."

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Sooooo. LRMs. I did some calculations. Stacking LRM5s is better than big packs, if you can deal with the increased heat and the multiple slots needed. Tempted to try this on the RVN-3L and the JR7-D.

My shorthand might be confusing, but I think it's obvious.
    LRM5: 2 tons/1 slot
    5.5 damage
    3.25 CDR
    2 heat
    1.69 DPS
    0.62 HPS
    10: 3.38/1.24 4/2 (2.93/1.07 - 5/2)
    15: 5.07/1.86 6/3 (3.88/1.18 - 7/3)
    20: 6.76/2.48 8/4 (4.63/1.26 - 10/5)

LRM10: 5 tons/2 slot
    11 damage
    3.75 CDR
    4 heat
    2.93 DPS
    1.07 HPS
    20: 5.86/2.14 10/4 (4.63/1.26 - 10/5)

LRM15: 7 tons/3 slot
    16.5 damage
    4.25 CDR
    5 heat
    3.88 DPS
    1.18 HPS

LRM20 10 tons/5 slot
    22 damage
    4.75 CDR
    6 heat
    4.63 DPS
    1.26 HPS

Here's my take on the data. Basically, smaller LRMs will give you a better DPS but larger ones are more heat efficient. This is also assuming that all missiles hit target. I'm not sure how AMS handles shooting down missiles, and I don't know if there's a difference between it shooting at 1 LRM20 blob or a mass of 4 LRM5 blobs group fired. It is also interesting to note that an LRM15 and LRM5 paired together will do more damage over 10 seconds than 2 LRM 10s, while also weighing 1 ton fewer than the LRM 10s.

damage    heat    cooldown    dmg/heat    dmg/10 s    heat/10 s

LRM5    5.50    2.00    3.25    2.75    22.00    8.00
    LRM10    11.00    4.00    3.75    2.75    33.00    12.00
    LRM15    16.50    5.00    4.25    3.30    49.50    15.00
    LRM20    22.00    6.00    4.75    3.67    66.00    18.00

damage    heat    cooldown    dmg/heat    dmg/10 s    heat/10 s				 
    4 LRM5    22.00    8.00    3.25    2.75    88.00    32.00
    2 LRM10    22.00    8.00    3.75    2.75    66.00    24.00
    LRM15+LRM5    22.00    7.00    mixed  3.14    71.50    23.00
    LRM20    22.00    6.00    4.75    3.67    66.00    18.00

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Well shit! You get a medal with this challenge??? Hell of a time to be out of town.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Well shit! You get a medal with this challenge??? Hell of a time to be out of town.

Well we're pretty sure the medal is just for your profile, but the .50 cal is definitely cockpit swag

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2013
    DOUBLE POST?!

I think I'm not the worst at Jenners

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    god this is fucking horse-shit... its like everyone saw PPC's are getting nerfed and just HAD to jump on the fucking bandwagon... its been bad but tonight has been nothing but PPC's... PPC stalkers, hunchbacks, catapults, atlases, highlanders, phracts, spiders, cicada's, centurions, firebrands... all PPC's all the time.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Yes. It might be better to just quote the example, I'm getting the impression that it wasn't there originally:

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/122300-gameplay-update-june-112013/
    An example:
    Mech Model: Hunchback-4P
    This Mech (known as the Swayback) is capable of firing 9 energy weapons all at the same time. There are 6 energy hardpoints in the pod on its shoulder, one on each arm and one on the head. The most common build for this Mech is to boat it with Medium Lasers.

We take into consideration that the 6-pack pod is intended to be fired all at once and a player should not be penalized for this. It is for this reason that we would set the Medium Laser threshold to 6; meaning that firing 6 MLs simultaneously will NOT suffer from a heat scale penalty. The 6 MLs will generate the standard amount of heat currently in the game.

The heat scale penalty kicks in when the player fires 7 or more MLs and for each ML fired beyond 7, the heat scale increases. The breakdown would look as follows (Keep in mind, these numbers are for demonstration purposes only):

6 ML fired = 0 heat penalty
    7 ML fired = 5 heat penalty
    8 ML fired = 10 heat penalty
    9 ML fired = 20 heat penalty

To avoid the heat penalty while playing a Swayback is easily avoided if the player fires 6 MLs and waits 0.5 seconds and then fires the remaining 3 MLs. Doing so will result in 0 heat penalties.

This....this is a good tactic. I like where they are going with this.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    someone PM me a list of who of us is going to PAX so I can set up a birthday bash for myself and whiskey.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    someone PM me a list of who of us is going to PAX so I can set up a birthday bash for myself and whiskey.

I would do this, but I have to settle for hating everyone who ever goes to PAX because I always want to but never can.

Maybe if I manage to get up to Seattle for grad school. SOMEDAY.

• Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    I'm most excited for the MG buff to 1.0 DPS. That's pretty sexy.

8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Apogee wrote: »
    I'm most excited for the MG buff to 1.0 DPS. That's pretty sexy.

That is a monstrous buff, I hope that's just speculation and not something they will actually be doing.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski