Options

[Mechwarrior:Online] Missile HSR is in. Mvrck is the happiest person alive.

• Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    uZuK9DN.jpg

Hmmm...

8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    My patcher isn't downloading anything.

• Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    No, just running the client on my laptop for the first time in a while. The patcher seems awful confused over something, though.

8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    Oh I see, 316 out of 40 is what you were pointing out.

• Options
    Nooooo, just played a great match. We were behind, and getting fucked up. Eventually we regained the lead. One guy left on the enemy team. And it was a Commando.

Motherfucker capped the base and I was in the middle of the map supporting so I couldn't get there in time! Got six assists and did over 400 damage in my Jenner though :( getting better at the game.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Orick wrote: »
    Good looking mech. But no ballistic is a bit off a downer. Although I will probably try some thing like the sprinturion build on it.

I fully plan on treating the Quickdraw like a Grand Dragon with Jumpjets.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    i <3 jenner

I would really like to try the Quickdraw though.

• Options
    Still have a PAX pass for anyone that wants it!

Also, we totally need to figure out a gift basket for PGI to give them at PAX.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    We've got a bundle of Wangs thanks to them...quid pro quo?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    We've got a bundle of Wangs thanks to them...quid pro quo?

Step 1: Cut a hole in a basket.
    Step 2: Cut several more holes in a basket.

Etc. etc.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    tumblr_ldgdzy0kNZ1qb3fzdo1_400.gif

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Man people don't like it when you cap. But if someone on your team is capping our base, and I am near your base you bet I will cap your base!

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    capping is a legitimate tactic to pull people out of their perfect firing line and to pull apart unit cohesion.
    people dont understand that because you capped, you probably pulled between 50 and 90 tons of hardware off the point of contact.

you are forcing people's hands because if they dont respond to you capping you will eventually win and they are butthurt about it.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    capping is a legitimate tactic to pull people out of their perfect firing line and to pull apart unit cohesion.
    people dont understand that because you capped, you probably pulled between 50 and 90 tons of hardware off the point of contact.

you are forcing people's hands because if they dont respond to you capping you will eventually win and they are butthurt about it.

This requires a fair team setup. If the enemy team has two scouts and you have none, don't expect to win. It's only legitimate on a fair playing ground.

PGI's MM system is not exactly superb, either.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    ill agree to that billgates.

but I'll say that'd id rather take a cap win over fighting 4 atlas, a stalker, and a highlander due to the MM as well.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    ill agree to that billgates.

but I'll say that'd id rather take a cap win over fighting 4 atlas, a stalker, and a highlander due to the MM as well.

Yep I agree with you, its not full proof. But it's better then fighting what you described.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Apparently we lost like 3 of our vent channels.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Apparently we lost like 3 of our vent channels.

Dunno how that happened but I restored them.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    We started to cap a base and ended up pulling an entire lance towards us. Did some damage, bugged out, and while that was going on our team engaged the remaining enemy. Split them up real nice and they got slaughtered.

• Options
    see, textbook application.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    The headache that has been beating my ass into submission today is pretty much gone so I may jump on for a bit in a minute.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    see, textbook application.

Of course it was a public match and the light I was running with didn't state his intention. I was going to leave the cap when we were two-thirds through the bar but I don't know what they were going to do. Luckily the enemy appeared and we started fighting. It could have turned into a real boring match.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    The headache that has been beating my ass into submission today is pretty much gone so I may jump on for a bit in a minute.

>.< I just got a headache, so I'm gonna blame you and your headache transferring voodoo for that.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Spaten OptimatorSpaten Optimator Smooth Operator Registered User regular

It's a beautiful thing to flank a group of enemies totally engrossed in sniping. I got behind a bunch of mechs in a match tonight with a brawler AWS. That was some Christmas morning shit: which oblivious person am I going to ambush first?

• Options
    Some people are really bad at paying attention. I have gotten behind at least three people tonight and just hit them right in the back over and over again without them turning around.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Some people are really bad at paying attention. I have gotten behind at least three people tonight and just hit them right in the back over and over again without them turning around.

It's funny you mention this, because I give people way more credit for paying attention they in any way deserve; as a result, I frequently fire a salvo into somebody's back, then pointlessly ramp up to getaway speed as they fail to turn around, thus causing me to waste time because I have to run back into position.

People definitely get extreme tunnel vision in this game. If you really, really want to screw with people, rake them with just a touch of laserfire on one side of the mech before/after dumping the main blast, then scoot around to the opposite side of the mech. You would be absolutely amazed how many people will swing around to the side you put light damage on, look around, and then immediately face front again if they don't see anything, by which time you're back behind them. Then when you put in the second salvo, you seem like you appeared out of nowhere like some sort of giant-robot Batman because they never saw you.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular

It's funny you mention this, because I give people way more credit for paying attention they in any way deserve; as a result, I frequently fire a salvo into somebody's back, then pointlessly ramp up to getaway speed as they fail to turn around, thus causing me to waste time because I have to run back into position.

People definitely get extreme tunnel vision in this game. If you really, really want to screw with people, rake them with just a touch of laserfire on one side of the mech before/after dumping the main blast, then scoot around to the opposite side of the mech. You would be absolutely amazed how many people will swing around to the side you put light damage on, look around, and then immediately face front again if they don't see anything, by which time you're back behind them. Then when you put in the second salvo, you seem like you appeared out of nowhere like some sort of giant-robot Batman because they never saw you.

This so hard. I can't recall the number of hapless pilots I've cored from behind after multiple salvos who never got the chance to see me.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I once solo'd a Atlas DDC with the whole mega SSRM pecs of death build thing going on in my Wang.

That statement becomes significantly less impressive when all I actually did was stand behind him pumping AC20 rounds into his rear CT until he fell over.

Like, I get tunnel vision in this game a bit but there's a limit. That limit is definitely passed when you can get cored in an atlas without noticing.

• Options

This so hard. I can't recall the number of hapless pilots I've cored from behind after multiple salvos who never got the chance to see me.

The best I've ever done with that is bringing down a near-pristine Dragon while in a heavily-damaged Jenner. The guy just did not know what the hell to do, because I anticipated every time he turned and in which direction. Cored him from behind without hardly taking a scratch and he spent the whole fight flailing back and forth just trying to find me.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I snuck up on a Spider who was in a cubbyhole painting my team with his TAG for his massive LRM boating buddies.

It took one bullet. ONE AC20 BULLET.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    The best description I've read of MWO is by IGN - ‘A Thinking Person's Shooter’

Typically, FPS games don't require crazy amounts of brain power. But MWO takes quite a bit more then the average FPS.

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    Last night I sorta had a Solaris moment. "Two mechs enter, one mech leaves!"

I was pugging (since I thought the challenge had to be done solo and not in a group) and my team basically crashed the theta area and the water. Me in my 87kph Ultrabrand with a medium flanked near the cave. He took the bait and charged into the massive furball and I decided to go into the cave and flank farther by myself.

I ended up running head long into a Splatcat! I thought I was done for as in those confined spaces, I thought that 6 SRM6s would tear me apart. Fortunately he was a horrible shot and I as able to out shoot and out maneuver him using elevation to my advantage.

That was definitely a pucker moment.

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I've killed so many Jagers from behind. SO so many.

Also, capping without engagement is dumb because we all just wasted 10 minutes of our lives. No c-bills, negligible xp earnings? Yeah. thanks for that "win".

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    I completely forgot to mention this. LRM support totally fucking works! An Oosik lance got completely obliterated by a team that had 3 dedicated LRM boats. The Oosiks should use them more. Though I'm sure it depends on which map. We were on Canyon which doesn't have much cover from LRMs (especially with the new arc they have).

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Coordinated LRM support from multiple 'mechs absolutely does work. LRMs from a single 'mech are just OK most of the time.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Coordinated LRM support from multiple 'mechs absolutely does work. LRMs from a single 'mech are just OK most of the time.

IMHO, the problem is that what map you get is random. And some maps just suck for LRMs. For that reason, choosing an LRM boat is a big gamble. Get stuck on River City, Frozen City, or Forest Colony and you're pretty much useless. End up on Canyon, Caustic, or Alpine and enjoy the free damage.

Would it be worth while to spread the LRM support across all mechs of a Lance or 8-mans? Or would that just water down their direct effectiveness.

(I really wish we had weight/class limits or mech choosing based on map)

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Fucking goddamn SHIT. It should NOT be an unreasonable thing for me to expect goddamn assaults to be able to outdamage me, a Centurion.

I DEFINITELY should not be doubling the damage on assaults five matches in a row.

• Options
    KusmerogluKusmeroglu Consumer Glue (aka Petra) Registered User regular
    So, as a counterpoint to sneaking up behind mechs and wondering how they don't turn around: kept dropping with the same pilots last night, spectated one guy in a 2PPC 2UAC5 phract who could not hit anything. At all. Even accidentally. (Which should be a sign to take some lasers or missiles, but anyways) Next match we drop against him and I notice he's trying to flank by himself, so I charged him straight on, stopped 30 m in front of him and cored him in my Ultracat. Walked away with nothing worse than a little yellow armor, didn't even bother torso twisting. I don't understand.. He just had to put his mouse in my general direction and mash all the buttons ><

x5jS9QJ.png
  • Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Fucking goddamn SHIT. It should NOT be an unreasonable thing for me to expect goddamn assaults to be able to outdamage me, a Centurion.

I DEFINITELY should not be doubling the damage on assaults five matches in a row.

It's very easy. Use a Xbox360 controller, piloting an atlas. Build an atlas with 4 mediums, an AC/5, and an LRM5, with a standard 360, or something. Never aim at anyone and fire recklessly. Fire LRM5s at any target you can, regardless if you can maintain the lock. Do 4 damage.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Kusmeroglu wrote: »
    So, as a counterpoint to sneaking up behind mechs and wondering how they don't turn around: kept dropping with the same pilots last night, spectated one guy in a 2PPC 2UAC5 phract who could not hit anything. At all. Even accidentally. (Which should be a sign to take some lasers or missiles, but anyways) Next match we drop against him and I notice he's trying to flank by himself, so I charged him straight on, stopped 30 m in front of him and cored him in my Ultracat. Walked away with nothing worse than a little yellow armor, didn't even bother torso twisting. I don't understand.. He just had to put his mouse in my general direction and mash all the buttons ><

I am pretty certain that some people I have spectated are trying to play with a gamepad or something.