Options

[Mechwarrior:Online] Missile HSR is in. Mvrck is the happiest person alive.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    But it's not over yet! You've still got over twenty hours to grind out those wins!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I think I need an alternate build for my Flame. The AC20 is fun but I'm not doing as well as a Jenner with it. I don't know if it's the build or that I'm bad with a Dragon in general though.

I really want to try the the 4 LL 360XL Flame. It sounds like stupid fun. Maybe free up some weight for Narc and drive-by tag people for LRMs?

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    I think I need an alternate build for my Flame. The AC20 is fun but I'm not doing as well as a Jenner with it. I don't know if it's the build or that I'm bad with a Dragon in general though.

Have you tried it with the gauss? I run it with a guass and have found much success. However, with everyone talking about running it with an AC20 I thought about switching over since then I would basically be playing a much larger, faster version of my founder's hunchback.

• Options
    KusmerogluKusmeroglu Consumer Glue (aka Petra) Registered User regular
    Maybe free up some weight for Narc and drive-by tag people for LRMs?

Did this just happen without sarcasm?

It's a whole new world out there.

x5jS9QJ.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    The last match I had in the Dragon I had the problem of pretty much my entire team not going out to meet the enemy so I was basically stuck waiting and my impatience got the best of me.

• Options
    SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    But it's not over yet! You've still got over twenty hours to grind out those wins!

Oh you're right. Ok, 3 down and 17 to go. Basically I need Oosik bros to get on or I'm not sleeping tonight!

MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I can be on 8-11am eastern tomorrow, if that helps

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    That would be awesome and I'd love to but I'll be slaving away at work unfortunately.

MNWGRdm.png
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    I'll be on tonight. Around 830est.

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Anyone who has trouble with their right arm getting blown off in a Centurion isn't using their left arm enough as a shield. Don't be afraid to use ctrl to free your arms from your torso, allows you to make cross-body shots making it harder for enemies to hit that precious precious big gun.

Doing well with a Centurion is all about mastering the art of charging at people with your left arm while never seeing them for more than 2-3 seconds at a time. It's basically like shoulder-charging anyone and everyone, except you whip out a cannon now and again to shoot them while charging.

The only problem I have with getting the Centurion arm shot off is the over-abundance of alpha builds that can one-shot the arm off, which is pretty bullshit. It's one thing to not check your sides and have an Atlas around a bend blast your arm off with massive firepower from 50m and another matter entirely for a 4 PPC Stalker to peek over a ridge 400m away out of your field of view and blow your main weapon off in a single hit.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Doing well with a Centurion is all about mastering the art of charging at people with your left arm while never seeing them for more than 2-3 seconds at a time. It's basically like shoulder-charging anyone and everyone, except you whip out a cannon now and again to shoot them while charging.

Does the Centurion have a cockpit that allows you to free-look to the left and right? I started to do this a bunch in my Catapults, then I switched to Jagers with their big freaking armor panels obstructing the left/right views. :(
    (Insert obligatory "God damn I wish I had an Oculus Rift to free-look with in this game!")

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Anyone who has trouble with their right arm getting blown off in a Centurion isn't using their left arm enough as a shield. Don't be afraid to use ctrl to free your arms from your torso, allows you to make cross-body shots making it harder for enemies to hit that precious precious big gun.

Well, you use your right arm after you lose your left, because after that you're pretty much invincible

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Nah, the Centurion view is fairly constricted. But it's not like you really need to see who you're charging at; just use the damage indicators as a sort of radar. :P

• Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Kusmeroglu wrote: »
    Maybe free up some weight for Narc and drive-by tag people for LRMs?

Did this just happen without sarcasm?

It's a whole new world out there.

Haha, not sure about that. 3 tons is a crazy investment for something that's still considered pretty lame. But it is lame? I can't say unless I try it. The dragon seems fast and heavy enough to not notice losing those three tons.

An XL 340 keeps you above 100kph, something like this?

[FLAME]: 4xLLAS, NARC, 340XL, DHS, Endo, Ferro

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    Just watched the Deathstar build vid. Great work guys.

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    InXrzkE.jpg

i wants dis

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Jumpjet Deathstar?

Jumpjet Deathstar!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Jumpjet Deathstar?

Jumpjet Deathstar!

Jumpstar!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7IVAH1JauE

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

The only problem I have with getting the Centurion arm shot off is the over-abundance of alpha builds that can one-shot the arm off, which is pretty bullshit. It's one thing to not check your sides and have an Atlas around a bend blast your arm off with massive firepower from 50m and another matter entirely for a 4 PPC Stalker to peek over a ridge 400m away out of your field of view and blow your main weapon off in a single hit.

Yeah. I think that happened to me, like, 4 times last night while running my Wang. There go 5 tons of ammo with nothing to do.

• Options
    InXrzkE.jpg

i wants dis

That is so hot.

• Options
    OrickOrick Registered User regular
    InXrzkE.jpg

i wants dis

For a second, it looked like it was smoking a cigar and blowing smoke like wolverine.Imagine how cool that would be.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    What's that about mechs smoking cigars?

Hauptmannjpg.png

Nips on
  • Options
    Whew, got the challenge done. Thanks Oosiks!

MNWGRdm.png
  • Options
    Good job!

• Options
    Bimini TwistBimini Twist Registered User regular
    So rdmgraziel and I are getting a few drops in waiting for another friend who's new to the game to get on. We drop against an Oosik Lance with Forbe, Kaeb, and maybe more, the game was over so fast I didn't have time to process it all. We see that the enemy team is going lower and call it out in team chat. We start rushing lower only to see the rest of our team break off across the water and rush the enemy base. WTF? Now we're trapped on the wrong side of river with an Oosik lance and the whole enemy team charging. Somehow it ends with me standing on our base in a cherry red CT Atlas, with our team barely winning by assault-mech cap rush.

Cripes.

• Options
    So rdmgraziel and I are getting a few drops in waiting for another friend who's new to the game to get on. We drop against an Oosik Lance with Forbe, Kaeb, and maybe more, the game was over so fast I didn't have time to process it all. We see that the enemy team is going lower and call it out in team chat. We start rushing lower only to see the rest of our team break off across the water and rush the enemy base. WTF? Now we're trapped on the wrong side of river with an Oosik lance and the whole enemy team charging. Somehow it ends with me standing on our base in a cherry red CT Atlas, with our team barely winning by assault-mech cap rush.

Cripes.

So did you really enjoy beating oosiks?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well, much like Apogee, I am shocked to see that MWO will actually run on my laptop! Little Alienware M11X Rev.2: all systems nominal...

For the next week, though, don't invite me to any groups. My connection at my workplace is atrocious (imagine a 200-300 person oil camp full of workers who all decide to stream pr0n at the same time...between the hours of 7:30pm (Alaska Time) and 9:30pm (also Alaska time), I'm lucky if I can access my gmail account!)

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Bimini TwistBimini Twist Registered User regular
    Orick wrote: »

No! I was looking for a fight, dagnabbit. I have no idea why our team decided to run away and cap :(

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Can we all agree that Mvrck should be forced to get a Quickdraw on the basis of it'd just make sense?

melmaverick.jpeg
    Actual image of Mvrck

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    On the plus side, it's not yet a MOBA. So bad games are over in five minutes and don't entirely stop you from having fun shooting lasers at peoples faces.

OMG this. If MWO matches ever turned long-form like most MOBAs do (like, 30 to 60 minutes), I don't know that I'd be able to play anymore.

Being able to squeeze a match or two in basically whenever is the best.

Also: Lasers at Faces.

Honestly a long form warfare mode with capturing ammo dumps and repair stations while pushing tank colums into the enemy would be pretty rad.

Just saying.

YES!

During my WWIIOL days, we would drive tank columns to the front lines sometimes up to 2 cities away just to get into the action. That was time consuming!

(the typical 30-60 minute hike would end by being one-shotted by a lone British or French armored car).
    A decade ago I would have the time for game sessions like that, but alas, no longer. But a decade ago I didn't think ill of spending a literal 6+ hours at a time camped in Lower Guk just for a chance at a FBSS...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

No! I was looking for a fight, dagnabbit. I have no idea why our team decided to run away and cap :(

You mean it was over before you got a chance to take on any of the oosiks? Bummer. Maybe the rest of your team recognized Forbes and kaeb and didn't want to risk doing it mano a mano.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Calling it now... K2 PPC limit: 2 Large Laser limit: 2.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Does the Centurion have a cockpit that allows you to free-look to the left and right? I started to do this a bunch in my Catapults, then I switched to Jagers with their big freaking armor panels obstructing the left/right views. :(
    (Insert obligatory "God damn I wish I had an Oculus Rift to free-look with in this game!")

Neither the catapult or the Jaeger can actually aim their arms left/right independent of their torso twist, so not a big loss being unable to look further left/right than you are torso twisting.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    I have no pity for pubs who can't manage to do more than 100 damage in an Atlas.

None.

That's them not even firing their guns TWICE.

When it happens seven times in a row? I get irate.

While 100 damage is low and questionable, I usually don't go above 250 damage in my AS7's because i'm doing my job for my team. AS7's are supposed to be (typically) upfront and if I die first doing 80 damage while the 2 STK's behind me throw out loads of damage, i'll take it.

They need to add more end game stats. Such as damage taken. Tanking is a thing in this game.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options

Neither the catapult or the Jaeger can actually aim their arms left/right independent of their torso twist, so not a big loss being unable to look further left/right than you are torso twisting.

Unless you're trying to eyeball your target while twisting away to soak damage. The lack of side-view windows really hurts that.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    InXrzkE.jpg

i wants dis

Showing off the new paint scheme, "ADIDAS"

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Challenge complete. Getting those conquest wins and watching my team give away match after match was fucking agonizing.

• Options

guess I was too subtle

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Yeah, so, I'm not going to complete this challenge.

Finished off the Conquest side, but I still need 7 wins on the Assault side, and that ain't happening on a school night.

Why do they run these in the middle of the week? Oy.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    i am giving up too. only need 1 conquest win and 3 assault wins but lose every, single, damn, match tonight.....

Edit: Started pugging and started winning. I was right, it's all you guys' fault with your high ELO. Anyways, I am so sick of the reaper, jagerbombs and all those 'effective' builds now. Gonna run troll builds for a while, machine guns and flamers.

Orick on