As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arkham Horror] Slimy Shores: Thin Ice

• Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    I'll just jaunt across campus to the Science Building. Maybe I can find something to make me a bit less squishy.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    stever777, close your eyes and pretend you are in the Bank of Arkham rather than the asylum.

I'm broke AND insane??!!

Finn Edwards

No Upkeep.

CURRENT LOCATION: Bank of Arkham

I'll move to Unvisited Isle for the Clue, moving through Downtown & N Side Streets.
    If anyone moves through those, they can have my Nameless Cults book.

FinnEdwards.png
    Sanity: 4/4
    Stamina: 6/6

SPEED/SNEAK: 5/3
    FIGHT/WILL: 2/1
    LORE/LUCK: 2/3

MONEY: $8

CLUE TOKENS: 0

INVENTORY:

.45 Auto: Type: Physical weapon
    Bonus: +4 Combat check

Map of Arkahm: Movement phase: Exhaust to get 1 extra movement point.

Whiskey: Discard to reduce any Sanity loss by 1.

Elder Sign: Any Phase: When sealing a gate, lose 1 Stamina and 1 Sanity and return this card to the box. You do not need to make a skill check or spend any Clue tokens to seal the gate. In addition, remove one doom token from the Ancient One's doom track.

Nameless Cults: Movement: Exhaust and spend 1 movement point to make a Lore (-1) check. If you pass, draw 1 Spell, lose 1 Sanity, and discard Nameless Cults. If you fail, nothing happens.
    BankLoan.png

SPELLS:

SKILL:
    Speed.pngLore.png

SPECIAL:

ALLIES:

MONSTER TROPHIES:

GATE TROPHIES:

PsFinnEdwardsFront.pngPsFinnEdwardsPassed.pngPsFinnEdwardsFailed.png

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    No changes to sliders.
    Ride my motorcycle to Easttown, take the book, then follow to Independence square and take another book.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Daemonis wrote: »
    No changes to sliders.
    Ride my motorcycle to Easttown, take the book, then follow to Independence square and take another book.

@Daemonis

The environment gives you only five movement points rather than six. Therefore, you can't travel to both Easttown and Independence Square.

• Options
    No changes to sliders.

@Daemonis

The environment gives you only five movement points rather than six. Therefore, you can't travel to both Easttown and Independence Square.
    Stop in Downtown then

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    ARKHAM ENCOUNTERS:

"Ashcan" Pete at the Police Station:
    You're called in for your expertise in the unusual to help examine a violent man who attacked cast members of "The King in Yellow." Make a Lore (-1) check. If you pass, gain 2 Clue Tokens. If you fail, Sheriff Engle demands that you stay and sort out the case. Stay here next turn.
    Can @Tayrun piece together the puzzle?

Norman Withers in the Science Building:
    When paranoia and fear set in, accidents are more common. Make a Speed check with a penalty equal to the current terror level. If you fail, your Stamina is reduced to 0 in a lab accident.
    @Psycholarry1 to escape from impending disaster, keeping in mind that he receives a -1 penalty from the Environment.

Tommy Muldoon in Independence Square:
    A storm strikes in the midst of rehearsals, and the actors flee for cover, leaving some of their props behind. Pass a Lore (-2) check to realize that one of the props is real, and draw a Unique Item.
    @Faraz to make an interesting discovery.

Finn Edwards at the Unvisited Isle:
    You come across a man examining some old bones. Pass a Sneak (-1) check to get close enough to see what he's doing. He finally notices you and is impressed with your skills, introducing himself as John Legrasse. Take his Ally card if it's available, otherwise he shares a meal with you. Restore your Sanity and Stamina to their maximum value.
    @stever777 to make a friend! He gains a +1 bonus to the check.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And in case you haven't noticed, I included the King in Yellow encounter cards for flavor since we are playing with the King in Yellow herald after all. :)

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    'Ashcan' Pete demonstrates his considerable skill in matters of violence, and assists the police with their enquiries.

Gain two clue tokens, please.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Sneak (-1) check vs John Legrasse with +1 for Environment = 3 dice.
    [4,5,4]
    Success!
    C'mon, buddy.
    Let's kick some AO ass!

Finn Edwards

CURRENT LOCATION: Unvisited Isle

FinnEdwards.png

SPEED/SNEAK: 5/3

CLUE TOKENS: 1

INVENTORY:

Elder Sign: Any Phase: When sealing a gate, lose 1 Stamina and 1 Sanity and return this card to the box. You do not need to make a skill check or spend any Clue tokens to seal the gate. In addition, remove one doom token from the Ancient One's doom track.

BankLoan.png

SPELLS:

SKILLS:
    Speed.pngLore.png

SPECIALS:

ALLIES: John Legrasse: +2 Will - You can claim monsters with the Endless ability as trophies.

MONSTER TROPHIES:

GATE TROPHIES:

stever777 on

• Options
    Who should we, the police, get to deal with this violent criminal? Why, the drunken drifter of course!

Roll to not die on turn 1. Totally fail
    clue 1 - nope
    clue 2 -hell
    clue 3 - damn
    clue 4 - sigh

Incidentally, I tested to see what it would have taken to succeed. I finally rolled a success on clue #10.

Lose my Derringer, head to the hospital.

• Options
    The begining is very... promising...

• Options
    Oh, yeah.
    BTW, I'm a moon Monster when it comes to movement.
    I could've moved one space last Mythos Phase but didn't want to anyway.
    I'll have to remember that.
    I'm quick.

• Options
    Who should we, the police, get to deal with this violent criminal? Why, the drunken drifter of course!

Roll to not die on turn 1. Totally fail
    clue 1 - nope
    clue 2 -hell
    clue 3 - damn
    clue 4 - sigh

Incidentally, I tested to see what it would have taken to succeed. I finally rolled a success on clue #10.

Lose my Derringer, head to the hospital.

@Psycholarry1, since spells are considered items, you must discard one more item. Alternatively you may also take an Injury card instead of losing items.
    stever777 wrote: »
    Oh, yeah.
    BTW, I'm a moon Monster when it comes to movement.
    I could've moved one space last Mythos Phase but didn't want to anyway.
    I'll have to remember that.
    I'm quick.

Mythos card that is drawn before the game begins doesn't count as Mythos phase anyway, so you didn't miss anything. :)

• Options
    Oh yeah?!
    I say I did.

• Options
    FarazFaraz Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @Daemonis, I would have had to go through downtown on my way to Independence Square. So subject to @mi-go hunter 's ruling you could have grabbed my tome there.

Lore (-2) is 0 for me so I'll spend a clue to make a role:

Seems like that tip brought in by the anonymous informer successfully lead Tommy to the right item.

Faraz on
  • Options
    Faraz wrote: »
    @Daemonis, I would have had to go through downtown on my way to Independence Square. So subject to @mi-go hunter 's ruling you could have grabbed my tome there.

Lore (-2) is 0 for me so I'll spend a clue to make a role:

Seems like that tip brought in by the anonymous informer successfully lead Tommy to the right item.

Ok, I'll accept that move. Daisy will take the Book of Dzyan off Tommy's hands.

@Faraz realizes that one of the props that the lead actor was holding is actually a valuable tome, the Cabala of Saboth.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I assume Daemonis took my Nameless Cults tome.

E - cuz I can't read!

stever777 on

• Options
    Alright, I suppose I drop Wither.

• Options
  • Options
    MYTHOS PHASE:

The rain swiftly abated, and the people of Arkham rejoiced that the sunshine was back. But dark clouds loom in the horizon...

Mythos2.png

A gate to Yuggoth appears in the Unvisited Isle! (Circle, -2)

@stever777 is drawn into Yuggoth and delayed.

A Deep One appears in the Unvisited Isle, and a Proto-Shoggoth moves to Northside Streets.

Zhar is in deep slumber and his DOOM TRACK is now at 2/11.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Let's get to it!

I'll head over to where the Deep One is and engage.

> Combat begins

Horror check: Will 3 - Horror Rating 2 = 1 die

Fail.

I'll take the sanity hit rather than spend clues for now. 4 sanity remaining.

Fight check: Fight 4 + Rifle 5 - Combat Rating 1 = 8 dice

3 hits.

You remember the drill from last game. Rip its head off. Into the sack.

> Combat over

Jump into the portal, screaming as per usual. Something about no-good four headed no-eyed varmints stealing my cheeses.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Apparently the Mi-go are bringing their technology through said gate. Stever's brain is going in a canister, methinks.

Love the new avatar, btw.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I dunno, I'm kind of lost on what to do. I guess I'll go to the Asylum and heal up my Sanity. Unless someone has a better idea?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Who ever heard of a tough mi-go?!

Upkeep: SPEED/SNEAK: 5/3 > 4/4

Finn Edwards

CURRENT LOCATION: OW - Yuggoth

FinnEdwards.png

SPEED/SNEAK: 4/4

INVENTORY:

BankLoan.png

SPELLS:

SKILLS:
    Speed.pngLore.png

SPECIALS:

ALLIES: John Legrasse: +2 Will - You can claim monsters with the Endless ability as trophies.

MONSTER TROPHIES:

GATE TROPHIES:

• Options
    @Daemonis Do you wanna take a shot at that physical resistant Proto-Shoggoth or should I?

• Options
    Upkeep: no change
    I will be dropping $2 to refill my stamina. It was nice having stuff, however briefly.

• Options
    @Daemonis Do you wanna take a shot at that physical resistant Proto-Shoggoth or should I?
    You can do it if you wish. I have some books to read...

• Options
    No changes to sliders.
    Drive to Silver Twilight Lodge. Read Livre d'Ivon - success!. May I choose any spell or just base + Innsmouth?

• Options
    No changes to sliders.
    Drive to Silver Twilight Lodge. Read Livre d'Ivon - success!. May I choose any spell or just base + Innsmouth?

Just base+Innsmouth spells, @Daemonis. I included Livre d'Ivon as an item only because you were playing Daisy Walker.

In future games, I might include new items?

• Options
    I take Voice of Ra then

• Options
    Upkeep: Switch to FIGHT/WILL: 4/2

Move to Northside Streets and engage the Proto-Shoggoth.

Horror check: 2 Will - Success
    Fight check: 4 fight + half of 6 (3) from Tommy Gun for a total of 7 - Success ... barely

Continue on to the Newspaper.

• Options
    Continue on to the Newspaper.

Just to let you know @Faraz, engaging in combat with a monster makes you lose the rest of your movement points.

• Options
    Shoot. Been playing too much Middle Earth Quest. I'll chill in the streets then.

• Options
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    No one has suggested anything better, so I'll go with the original plan.

Upkeep: Nada
    Movement: Move to Asylum
    Encounter: Heal 1 Sanity.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    ARKHAM ENCOUNTERS:

Daisy Walker in the Silver Twilight Lodge:
    A monster appears, leaping out of the shadows at you!
    @Daemonis has to do battle with or flee from a Dark Young!

OW ENCOUNTERS:

Finn Edwards in Yuggoth Area 1:
    The unending blackness terrifies you. Pass a Will (-1) check or lose 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina from fear and exhaustion.
    @stever777 must test his mettle.

"Ashcan" Pete in Yuggoth Area 1:
    A monster appears from the shadows!
    @Tayrun has to do battle with or flee from a Ghoul!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    OW ENCOUNTERS:

Finn Edwards in Yuggoth Area 1:
    The unending blackness terrifies you. Pass a Will (-1) check or lose 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina from fear and exhaustion.
    @stever777 must test his mettle.

Auto- fail

Finn Edwards

CURRENT LOCATION: OW - Yuggoth

FinnEdwards.png
    Sanity: 3/4
    Stamina: 5/6

SPEED/SNEAK: 4/4

INVENTORY:

BankLoan.png

SPELLS:

SKILLS:
    Speed.pngLore.png

SPECIALS:

MONSTER TROPHIES:

GATE TROPHIES:

stever777 on

• Options
    Dark Young is huge and dark, but not terrifying (a bit nightmarish though).
    Daisy casts Shrivelling - success!
    Time to fight! 2 + 6 (Shrivelling) + 4 (Blade) - 1 (Dark Young) = 11. Dark Young dies young!