As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Peyton Manning on pace to Set [NFL] Record with 112 TD Passes

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I guess it's essentially the same as what the PS3 currently has? Which is still cool for people without Direct TV.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    If I can just pick a game and watch it, even if there's some sort of subscription fee that isn't insane, i'm getting one.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    If I can just pick a game and watch it, even if there's some sort of subscription fee that isn't insane, i'm getting one.

Your subscription fee would be the $300 console cost, and the two year subscription to Live, or whatever the new variant of that would be.

Since I think its done through a partnership with EA, there's probably a mandatory pre-order of Special Edition Madden every year.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Everytime I see that Tebow throw I think, "even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days."

8-5 as a starter with the Broncos. I like Tebow and hope he succeeds in life. I just wish he would have enough sense to give up being a QB and go be a TE or HB.

Ceterum censeo Oakland Raiders esse delendam.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    LTM wrote: »

Your subscription fee would be the $300 console cost, and the two year subscription to Live, or whatever the new variant of that would be.

Since I think its done through a partnership with EA, there's probably a mandatory pre-order of Special Edition Madden every year.
    Probably still cheaper than cable.

• Options
    Yeah, without a doubt cheaper than cable.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    All I know is they're thinking of, or going to be, packing Sunday Ticket in with Madden 25 for $100. Which I will totally do.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    As a new Direct TV customer this year I have Sunday Ticket for freeeeeeeeee.

• Options
    As a new Direct TV customer this year I have Sunday Ticket for freeeeeeeeee.

Enjoy the glory of the Quadbox.

• Options
    How much is Sunday Ticket?

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Turkson wrote: »

$300

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Turkson wrote: »

$300

Few actually pay that. There are loads of promotions for it and haggling with DirecTV isn't that hard.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    As far as I can tell, it's not Sunday Ticket on Xbox One. If you connect your Xbox One to your cable box, you can show your (NFL.com) fantasy team on the side as you watch. There will probably be some exclusive videos or something.

I was really really hoping for Sunday Ticket on Xbox One. That would have been a deal maker for me. It's so dumb that it's still exclusive, they're probably leaving some good money on the table by keeping it exclusive.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Charles Woodson to the Raiders... :( blah

• Options
    There's pretty much nothing on cable I'd pay to see

I just want to watch the games I want

Why is that a crime

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    not having a working cable box is actually making me mad

trying to explain to my roommate that she should call a fucking cable guy so that I can watch sports is something that I've made a point of doing but I don't know if she knows what a sport is or why anyone might want to watch them live

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular

Why is that a crime

sportsfans will be the first up against the wall,

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Charles Woodson to the Raiders... :( blah

Boo! 1 year deal potentially worth 4.3 million. $700k signing bonus. Less than I thought he would get, but how much is a 37 year old CB worth?

oh h*ck
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    He'll play safety, and he'll be good. Might not be an every down guy.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Brian Urlacher is retiring. Didn't seem like he had a choice.

He was very good at tackling people!

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular

Why is that a crime

it's not so much a problem for the nfl because i could watch via antenna, but local blackouts on nba league pass (and the other leagues too, but i mostly only care about the nba) are the only thing keeping me from ditching cable

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    My problem is being a Kansas City fan outside of Missouri.

So, I get to watch the Bears.

I don't want to watch the Bears.

I've considered moving to Kansas City just for the football.

• Options
    The NFL blackout policy is dumb, but it's nowhere near as draconian as MLB's. You live in Hawaii? Sorry no A's, Angels, Dodgers, Giants, Mariners and Padres games. Iowa? hope you don't want to watch any Brewers, Cardinals, Cubs, Royals, Twins or White Sox games. It's fucking dumb.

Oh and I just read that Hawaii blacks out the Pro Bowl, since it never sells out. lol.

• Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    Ben and I went to a bar at 10:00 am every Sunday during football season to watch Vikings games until we could afford DirecTV and Sunday Ticket. It wasn't the greatest game-watching experience but dammit at least I was watching it.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Ive done the Sunday Ticket on PS3 2 years in a row now and its worth the tons of money they want for it. Cause I save a lot of money not going out to a bar.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Giants FB Henry Hynoski was carted off the field today after the second play of the day on the team's first OTA practice due to an undisclosed injury.

• Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Ive done the Sunday Ticket on PS3 2 years in a row now and its worth the tons of money they want for it. Cause I save a lot of money not going out to a bar.

yep, though the bars are a lot cheaper if you don't drink and just get food. Or just one of you drinks because the other is driving home. We didn't have any game consoles at the time (besides like, an N64?) and we watched TV with a pair of rabbit ears on top of our TV. So the jump to having DirecTV and a nice television was something that happened when Ben got a better job.

Also that bar had the most AMAZING waffles.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Jordyn wrote: »
    mrt144 wrote: »

yep, though the bars are a lot cheaper if you don't drink and just get food. Or just one of you drinks because the other is driving home. We didn't have any game consoles at the time (besides like, an N64?) and we watched TV with a pair of rabbit ears on top of our TV. So the jump to having DirecTV and a nice television was something that happened when Ben got a better job.

Also that bar had the most AMAZING waffles.

take me there

• Options
    Wait, what bar has great waffles, now?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Michael Crabtree just tore his Achilles during OTAs.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    fuck

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Vadernoooo.jpg

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Giants FB Henry Hynoski was carted off the field today after the second play of the day on the team's first OTA practice due to an undisclosed injury.

man, who gives a shit?

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    It's cool though, I'm sure Jenkins can just step in for Crabtree with no noticeable dropoff, right guys?

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    hi5 Angry, can we at least express an opinion alongside the nearly-irrelevant news posts?

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Ben and I went to a bar at 10:00 am every Sunday during football season to watch Vikings games until we could afford DirecTV and Sunday Ticket. It wasn't the greatest game-watching experience but dammit at least I was watching it.

Bad news is you were still watching the Vikings.
    oh snap

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    It's cool though, I'm sure Jenkins can just step in for Crabtree with no noticeable dropoff, right guys?
    Hey, maybe Manningham will be back at some point this season. Or we can call up Moss. Ugh.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »

man, who gives a shit?
    Peen wrote: »
    hi5 Angry, can we at least express an opinion alongside the nearly-irrelevant news posts?
    it's a thread for talking about football

he's talking about football

• Options
    Manningham and Williams should be ready by the start of the season. They'll be hurt again by week 4, but still.

I just hope old man Boldin has one more year in him because it sounds like he'll be doing work.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    boldin just needs to introduce crabtree to suggs' doctor

problem solved

bugss2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.