As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Peyton Manning on pace to Set [NFL] Record with 112 TD Passes

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    HGH Ham, Genoa salami, and Havarti... An excellent choice.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Clenbuterol Steak and Cheese, splash of Testosterone Olive Oil

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    And all this means that the Jets are terrible

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Surprise surprise.

Tony Moeaki is hurt again, will be out for at least another two weeks.

He hurt his knee sometime after the season. It was first reported sometime in March.

This is the last year of his contract, I can't imagine we'll resign him.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Unnamed Jet player is at it again on Sanchez.
    “Everyone on the team likes Mark personally but there’s a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it’s time to give someone else a chance,” the player said.

I think I know who it is at least this time
    Mark Sanchez

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    some part of mark sanchez has to want to be replaced

like he'll gladly be cut and go be the backup on some other team

just get him away from jets fans

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Titus Young charged with 3 more counts, bringing his total to 11
    In court Friday, Young, appearing inside a protective cage while wearing inmate orange, was addressed by the judge.

"Good morning, sir."

No reply.

"Can you hear me?"

No reply.

"Are you Titus Demetrius Young?"

No reply.

The judge immediately called the attorneys into a sidebar, which became rather lengthy. During the next 12 minutes, Young stood at attention, his head tilted back, his eyes close most of the time.

At one point during the long private discussion between the judge and the attorneys, Young's father, Richard Young, called out to him.

No reply.

Every single update to this is sadder. I hope he gets the help he needs.

• Options
    So the draft has been moved back two weeks for some reason and Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has hired Jim Brown to an unspecified role in the Cleveland front office. Presumably he'll be in charge of throwing women off of balconies and indicating which prospective players are inferior to himself.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Didn't Haslam fire/let Brown go as soon as he bought the team? This is just a PR move anyway, Haslam needs some good press.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Silly AP:
    “To each his own. I’m not with it," the reigning NFL MVP said of gay marriage Sunday on Sirius/XM NFL radio. "But I have relatives that are gay. I’m not biased towards them. I still treat them the same. I love 'em. But again, I’m not with that. That’s not something I believe in. But, to each his own."

Adrian, Adrian, Adrian...

edit: Link - http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-adrian-peterson-gay-marriage-20130528,0,6246594.story

LTM on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    Silly AP:
    “To each his own. I’m not with it," the reigning NFL MVP said of gay marriage Sunday on Sirius/XM NFL radio. "But I have relatives that are gay. I’m not biased towards them. I still treat them the same. I love 'em. But again, I’m not with that. That’s not something I believe in. But, to each his own."

Honestly from that blurb, I don't see the problem.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    I've seriously fucked up like 4 links today. I have no excuses.

• Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Chris Mortensen is reporting that the sub in question may actually be an HGH club and the "lemonade" could be liquified adderall.

Did Willis get traded to Seattle and I not know it?

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Silly AP:

Honestly from that blurb, I don't see the problem.

Yeah, that doesn't seem that bad. He's not spewing hate, he's just saying he doesn't support gay marriage.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    And I'm perfectly fine with players espousing non-vitriolic opinions.

• Options
    I guess that makes sense. I mean, I have black friends, but I still don't support Russel Wilson's relationship...

Wait...no...that would be stupid and racist.

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    I guess we're just lucky he didnt wade into the minefield of "Why don't you"

• Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    I guess that makes sense. I mean, I have black friends, but I still don't support Russel Wilson's relationship...

I'd bang both of em.

• Options
    GRMike wrote: »

I'd bang both of em.

When Wilson says "All In" he means All In

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Didn't Haslam fire/let Brown go as soon as he bought the team? This is just a PR move anyway, Haslam needs some good press.

It is definitely a PR move and if memory serves me correct it was the Holmgren administration that started forcing Jim Brown out.

One of their moves I fully agreed with. There has been little to no demand for his expertise or Bernie's for that matter but a fanbase that's had little to root for in over 20 years must still want them on the payroll for something.

• Options
    Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew has been charged with battery after an incident with a security guard at a restaurant in St. Augustine, Florida.

Jones-Drew is accused of punching the security guard and knocking him unconscious, according to TMZ.
    Good start for the Jags.

• Options
    Silly AP:

edit: Link - http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-adrian-peterson-gay-marriage-20130528,0,6246594.story
    MINNEAPOLIS—Responding to Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson publicly asserting his firm opposition to gay marriage, the reigning MVP’s longtime boyfriend Scott Oakes told reporters Tuesday that he “can take a hint” and now understands that the athlete isn’t interested in marrying him. “All right, Adrian, I get the message loud and clear,” said Oakes, noting that Peterson’s stated position that gay marriage is “not something [he believes] in” perfectly explained why his lover had yet to pop the question at any point in their three-year relationship. “He can’t see himself being with me in the long term? That’s fine, but if that’s how he feels, he should have had the guts to tell me directly rather than letting it slip out in some radio interview. I’m not with that.” Oakes added that, with Peterson now out of the picture, he was considering trying to patch things up with his former flame, Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/adrian-petersons-boyfriend-can-take-a-hint,32594/

• Options

Guy said he doesn't support it, but to each their own.

I understand proponents of gay marriage seek equality under the law. One man's non-essential opinion on the matter, which is probably guided more by religious beliefs than outright bigotry or homophobia, it's pretty tame.

It's slow NFL news.

• Options
    We should start an Arrest pool and try to pick which team the next arrest will come from. I'm going with Cincinnati, because they have been surprisingly quiet this off season...

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Yeah, I mean I'd prefer he support it, but going, "Well I don't believe in it but to each their own"? Good enough for now, that's about as much social awareness as I can reasonably expect out of a professional athlete.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    GRMike wrote: »
    We should start an Arrest pool and try to pick which team the next arrest will come from. I'm going with Cincinnati, because they have been surprisingly quiet this off season...

I read that as Artest Pool

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Just got an email from Yahoo! that fantasy football opens Thursday, May 30. FYI.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Last year I got yelled at for starting the leagues so early.

• Options
    Yeah, May 30th is insane.

(but I will join nevertheless)

• Options
    I'll wait this year...Until June 1st!

• Options
    Last year I got yelled at for starting the leagues so early.

Same, but it worked out for the best because this way I could coordinate drafts and shit not last minute except for the night when Yahoo shit the bed.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Start all leagues as early as possible. There is nothing more fun than drafts you hold in July when nobody has any idea what's going on with anything.

• Options
    We didn't draft until a normal time. I just made the leagues early and they filled up.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Well this time draft really early. Or I'll make a league for that.

• Options
    Hahaha, I'd probably join the super early draft league. Just to enjoy the chaos that would ensue.

• Options
    With the first pick of the SE++ Fantasy Draft, Sweeney Tom selects...Geno Smith

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2013
    I'll do a stupid early draft league.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    With the first pick of the SE++ Fantasy Draft, Sweeney Tom selects...Geno Smith

Get out of my head...

This discussion has been closed.