As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Peyton Manning on pace to Set [NFL] Record with 112 TD Passes

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Giants FB Henry Hynoski was carted off the field today after the second play of the day on the team's first OTA practice due to an undisclosed injury.

man, who gives a shit?
    Peen wrote: »
    hi5 Angry, can we at least express an opinion alongside the nearly-irrelevant news posts?
    it's a thread for talking about football

he's talking about football

No he is not talking about football, he is posting random injury reports and other assorted bits of trivia. There's a hundred other websites I could be reading for that, if you're going to post it then at least have a reason.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    An achilles is like an ACL/MCL right? He should only be out 6 or 8 weeks due to the "miracles of modern medicine."

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Giants FB Henry Hynoski was carted off the field today after the second play of the day on the team's first OTA practice due to an undisclosed injury.

man, who gives a shit?
    hi5 Angry, can we at least express an opinion alongside the nearly-irrelevant news posts?
    it's a thread for talking about football

he's talking about football

No he is not talking about football, he is posting random injury reports and other assorted bits of trivia. There's a hundred other websites I could be reading for that, if you're going to post it then at least have a reason.

The reason I post what I post is to either add to discussion or get discussion started (which is all I was trying to do with that particular info, but please keep dogpiling if you think that's any different), aka why anybody does anything on a forum hth
    Maximum wrote: »
    Manningham and Williams should be ready by the start of the season. They'll be hurt again by week 4, but still.

I just hope old man Boldin has one more year in him because it sounds like he'll be doing work.

As long as he's able to stay healthy, you won't have to worry about good performance from Boldin.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    quit trying to stifle henry hynoski discussion peen

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    LTM wrote: »
    An achilles is like an ACL/MCL right? He should only be out 6 or 8 weeks due to the "miracles of modern medicine."

According to Schefter, doctors believe it could sideline him 6 months. They recommended immediate surgery, so it all depends on how soon he gets the surgery (edit: surgery's already been undergone apparently) and how his recovery goes. He should be back in time for playoffs at the latest, although whether he's 100% by then is less certain.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

I, for one, appreciate that he does it.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Not sure if you meant months or are making a joke about steroids/hgh/deer antler spray

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    If you're trying to start a discussion then start a discussion, like oh man it sucks that Henry Hynoski is out because he's our offense's unsung hero, then we could all agree or disagree or whatever. Just posting the fact that he's injured means a lot of us go "and I give a shit because..." which Angry and I clearly do not. Also two people is not a dogpile.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »

Not sure if you meant months or are making a joke about steroids/hgh/deer antler spray

The latter.

• Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    If you're trying to start a discussion then start a discussion, like oh man it sucks that Henry Hynoski is out because he's our offense's unsung hero, then we could all agree or disagree or whatever. Just posting the fact that he's injured means a lot of us go "and I give a shit because..." which Angry and I clearly do not. Also two people is not a dogpile.

Pretty sure he posted it to 1) start a discussion and 2) let people know.

I am guessing Angry (and most) don't care because they have no real idea who the guy is. That is fine and dandy and I can understand not caring but nothing gives you the right to tell him what he can and cannot post. Cool your jets.

@Sweeney Tom, I for one am happy that you post this because whether I know the guy or not. I like to have the be in the know.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not telling him what he can't post, I'm criticizing his post's content, which is exactly what you're doing right now so maybe you should cool your jets? And also not use phrases like cool your jets?

Edit: Also I would bet $50 that Angry knows exactly who Henry Hynoski is because they wouldn't shut the fuck up about him in that one Superbowl and how can you forget a name like that?

Peen on
  • Options
    Sweeney Tom, I for one am happy that you post this because whether I know the guy or not. I like to have the be in the know.

Thank you (and also @ThatDudeOverThere) very much.

• Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    I'm not telling him what he can't post, I'm criticizing his post's content, which is exactly what you're doing right now so maybe you should cool your jets? And also not use phrases like cool your jets?

Edit: Also I would bet $50 that Angry knows exactly who Henry Hynoski is because they wouldn't shut the fuck up about him in that one Superbowl and how can you forget a name like that?

I am going to drop this because I refuse to cluttered up the thread but you are entitled to your opinion of course. I am just not a big fan of the "taking jabs and forcing my opinion down your throat" option.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    J.C. Tretter, a 2013 fourth-round pick for Green Bay, suffered a broken ankle during Monday's first OTA practice, ESPN Wisconsin reports.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Also, Ace Sanders WR Jacksonville returned from an abdominal injury quicker than expected.

mcp on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

karlsson was out 9 weeks with a fully severed achilles.

i'm not sure if that would heal quicker because it was a clean cut.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    The thing that confuses me is that Sweeny dies it across multiple forums so I forget what I respond to

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Sweeney just follows the injury report so he can make impromptu visits to various hospitals around the country, trying to rehabilitate NFL players, biblicaly.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

I am going to drop this because I refuse to cluttered up the thread but you are entitled to your opinion of course. I am just not a big fan of the "taking jabs and forcing my opinion down your throat" option.

i know who hynoski is. my problem is that the news of his injury isn't being reported. it's that he injured it on the second play of the first day of otas. like that information is relevant in any way other than trying to make the situation something comical.

he does this all the time, in every sports thread he participates in.

it's one thing to post irrelevant tweets and then going the new york jets ladies and gentlemen. but ever since he made the comment about how hilarious it would be if terrell owens died while filming that dumb diving show i personally am sick of his little snippets about the hilarious circumstances revolving around some poor dude hurting himself.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I read all of Sweeney's posts in Adam Schefter's voice.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    it's one thing to post irrelevant tweets and then going the new york jets ladies and gentlemen. but ever since he made the comment about how hilarious it would be if terrell owens died while filming that dumb diving show i personally am sick of his little snippets about the hilarious circumstances revolving around some poor dude hurting himself.

to be fair that would have been pretty funny

• Options
    sorry, it was that he hopes owens dies.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I am glad we have a news source but Sweeney's editorializing grates on me

• Options
    He's such a sensationalist.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Can we just stop making news of when veteran players skip OTAs? Because this is a primary reason.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

the lolvikings does get old after a while

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    My problem is being a Kansas City fan outside of Missouri.

So, I get to watch the Bears.

I don't want to watch the Bears.

I've considered moving to Kansas City just for the football.

Kansas City is pretty cool.

I live there.

Also there is BBQ.

And uh Westport is cool if you like hipsters.

Also Google Fiber.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular

Don't forget we get to watch the Colts as well. Wish my wife would let me get Sunday Ticket through my PS3. It's "too expensive" whatever the hell that means.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

it's not just the vikings, though of course I'm prone to noticing that because it's my team

• Options
    Dogbone33 wrote: »

Don't forget we get to watch the Colts as well. Wish my wife would let me get Sunday Ticket through my PS3. It's "too expensive" whatever the hell that means.

Did you and your wife check out the Amazon Madden 25 pre-order deal? Although I admittedly don't know if the free year of Sunday Ticket would work on consoles (I only saw it mentioned for computers, tablets, and mobile devices).

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    No we haven't. I know her well enough to know she'd never go for that. She takes all my fun away.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

what a dumbass

it's skol vikings

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Jordyn is old skol

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    aged bad vodka

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Hynocerous, Nooooooo!

• Options
    Johnny Jolly has completed a drug treatment program and has been cleared to attend Packers OTAs. He'll probably get cut having not played in 3 years but it's a nice story.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    BREAKING NEWS: Patrick Willis ate a sandwich at Firehouse Subs. Adam Schefter is reporting it was probably a Meatball, though conflicting reports say it was a Steak & Cheese. What is known for sure is that he washed it down with a large lemonade. Witnesses on the scene say Willis seemed happy with the sub though the lemonade may have been a little too tart for his tastes. Patrick Willis' agent said "no comment" when asked about the situation by ESPN's own Chris Mortensen.

• Options
    Never heard of Firehouse Subs.

Meatball subs are awesome though.

There's a place called Fiore's Deli near my work that makes a great meatball sub.

Why isn't it lunch yet. I'm hungry.

• Options
    Two birds were sighted flying near Lincoln Financial Field and one of them may have had a poo on Chip Kelly's car. When asked for comment Kelly said "no I haven't decided who my quarterback is dammit, leave me alone. Wait, what did you say?"

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Chris Mortensen is reporting that the sub in question may actually be an HGH club and the "lemonade" could be liquified adderall.

Butters on
This discussion has been closed.