As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Peyton Manning on pace to Set [NFL] Record with 112 TD Passes

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    With the first pick of the SE++ Fantasy Draft, Sweeney Tom selects...Geno Smith

Good thing he doesnt even watch games so we wont see how poorly he chose.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Hell yeah, it's on. Raijin do you want to do it or do you want me to?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You can, I'll join the league but I've already got plans to run 2 other SE leagues.

• Options
    I also will be returning with I think 3 PA leagues.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    Silly AP:
    “To each his own. I’m not with it," the reigning NFL MVP said of gay marriage Sunday on Sirius/XM NFL radio. "But I have relatives that are gay. I’m not biased towards them. I still treat them the same. I love 'em. But again, I’m not with that. That’s not something I believe in. But, to each his own."

Adrian, Adrian, Adrian...

Honestly from that blurb, I don't see the problem.

Me neither. I might disagree with his opinion but he's not spouting hate or advocating that gay marriage be illegal.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Nice. I'll set it and the pick 'em and survival leagues up sometime this week.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm going to three-peat the pick em league.

• Options
    I hope to repeat my win in the survival league. That was a lot of fun

• Options
    I'll need opinions from anyone who cares about whether we do straight picks or picks against the spread in pick 'em. The spread kicked my ass last year so I'd be ok with going back to straight picks but spread's still probably more fun.

• Options
    spread is more better

• Options
    You just like it because you got lucky as shit last year.

• Options
    One week or two weeks is luck, an entire season? Pfft.

• Options
    One or two weeks is all it took, the rest of us were floundering around trying to figure out what was going on and you had great picks from the start. I'm still convinced it was some kind of witchcraft.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Definitely spread. It actually makes it challenging.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Gronkowski needs back surgery, which he'll get in June. No timetable for return, but he'll miss at least some of training camp.

• Options
    I actually made a living on betting football and playing poker for the two years I was unemployed. I kind of wish I could stop being so damn responsible and go back to that.

• Options
    I'm going out on a limb here and saying that Gronk's probably done.

He might play again but he's never going to be the same player he was.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    And its all Bill's fault for not letting his dudes rest when they had their playoff position locked up.

• Options
    It's also Gronks fault for being the bro-est of the bros

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Gronk is falling apart.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I know a lot of us are fans, so I wanted to share that Chris Kluwe is going to be signing his new book at a Barnes & Noble in New York and Los Angeles next month.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    And its all Bill's fault for not letting his dudes rest when they had their playoff position locked up.

Gronk has battled injury since college. He missed all of 2009 for Arizona due to back surgery.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Butters wrote: »

Gronk has battled injury since college. He missed all of 2009 for Arizona due to back surgery.

But the game where he incurred his latest injury (which I thought this one was related to, but if I'm wrong, my bad) was a game that didn't matter for the Pats. Regardless, if you know a guy gets hurt a lot, why not give him a break when the game doesn't matter?

Goose! on
  • Options

But the game where he incurred his latest injury (which I thought this one was related to, but if I'm wrong, my bad) was a game that didn't matter for the Pats. Regardless, if you know a guy gets hurt a lot, why not give him a break when the game doesn't matter?

I think they still had a shot at the #1 seed in week 17 if Denver had lost.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

His latest injury from the game you mentioned was the re-injured arm, which his most recent surgery was for. The surgery he needs now wasn't related to the game, and is for his back (he's had a history of back problems, as Butters mentioned).

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    if you have a super early draft, you have to allow no player movement afterwards. no free agent pick ups, no trades.

live by the sword die by the sword.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I'm going to three-peat in Bale's vanilla auction league anyway, so you guys should just save yourself the trouble and let me pick the best players.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    Angry wrote: »
    if you have a super early draft, you have to allow no player movement afterwards. no free agent pick ups, no trades.

live by the sword die by the sword.

Once the league is set up I'll poll folks but I'm totally up for this, or possibly a slightly less draconian version.

• Options
    I love that idea. Give each team a few extra bench spots, make it a 2QB league and whoever you draft is who you have for the season. It would be awesome.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    This is a league I could get behind if y'all would allow a new person in. I've done a couple of FFL before and I generally get tired around week 8 or 9 with keeping up and trading and everything. It gets into "fuck it, who I have is who I'm going with" territory.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I used to do 9-12 leagues per season, but lately I've been down in the 3-5 area for the last few years. I think it's time to ramp back up to obsessive levels.

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Damn now you all are getting me excited for FF. Hockey playoffs aren't even done yet. Arggg.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    GET TURGID

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I used to do 9-12 leagues per season, but lately I've been down in the 3-5 area for the last few years. I think it's time to ramp back up to obsessive levels.

I did 6 last year and was commish of 4. Yeah, its ramping up already.

• Options
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    This is a league I could get behind if y'all would allow a new person in. I've done a couple of FFL before and I generally get tired around week 8 or 9 with keeping up and trading and everything. It gets into "fuck it, who I have is who I'm going with" territory.

Keep your grapes peeled, I run 3 leagues here at PA and if people dont rejoin I'll be letting everyone know about open enrollment.

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I am usually in 4 leagues but only really care about the auction keeper league bale made.

I am going to win it all this year.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Isoldae wrote: »
    I am usually in 4 leagues but only really care about the auction keeper league bale made.

I am going to win it all this year.

You say that every year.

• Options
    But this year is different.

This year I will not overspend on Jamaal Charles.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Aww who am I kidding?

Of course I will overspend on Jamaal Charles.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    2012 Pro Bowler Jamaal Charles of the 2 and 14 Kansas City Chiefs.

mrt144 on
This discussion has been closed.