As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Existential [Chat]s

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    my ass is on fire

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Leaning, meaning machine

*pats his gut sadly*

Well, meaning machine at least

No no

You're a fatty so you need to take a break and lean against the wall a lot

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Rorschach is such a great character.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I complimented a girl on facebook because she's lost a lot of weight lately and she's proud. Someone sent me a message
    dont lead [girl] on
    just because she doesnt look completely unfuckable anymore doesnt mean you should fuck her.

I think he was trying to somehow defend her? Maybe?

Write him back and say "I'll stick my D wherever it is needed, and deserved"

I know this guy who can give you these pills that will keep it up for 16 hours.
    Totally safe, no side effects.
    Trust me.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    oh look

a bunch of video game nerds are quoting nerdy sci fi shit

well color me surprised

should we all grow shitty neckbeards and talk about our waifus or what

Your rage is existential as fuck.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Everything is goatse if you squint just right.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    AMFE.
    Riker is a big user.
    He used to bang bitches, backhand them, then throw a kitten out an airlock every episode.

The only thing Riker uses is condoms.

Because safe sex isn't just for sailors anymore!

pPD6ZN6VQ3LWI.png

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Everything is Goatse If You Squint Just Right.

alternate title to Everything is Illuminated

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    It's not the D we deserve, but it's the D we need right now.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    oh look

a bunch of video game nerds are quoting nerdy sci fi shit

well color me surprised

should we all grow shitty neckbeards and talk about our waifus or what

Your rage is existential as fuck.

fuck existentialism

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

So is Tyler Durden.

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    What did madcaddy do? Or should I not ask?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    AMFE.
    Riker is a big user.
    He used to bang bitches, backhand them, then throw a kitten out an airlock every episode.

The only thing Riker uses is condoms.

Because safe sex isn't just for sailors anymore!

pPD6ZN6VQ3LWI.png

He goes old school and uses lamb skin.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    The main thrust of Heidegger is that learning that what we are IN ACTUALITY is a death is the most liberating thing, because our actual being is nothingness and we exist in a sort of "becoming" state wherein we are simultaneously whatever is possible

this has always seemed to be an overly wordy way to express the similar but under-wordy eastern philosophical concepts

German philosophers have always been notorious for inventing words and being overly wordy with this stuff.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Echo do you need someone to take you to a hospital?

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Iron Man 3 was good. Some cool shit happened !

Now going to see star trek

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    geth, recycle the thread on page 100

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Irond Will. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Tyler Do'Urden is Drizzt's younger cousin. He started a wight club

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    ROUND OF APPLAUSE, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    How dare MadCaddy commit recent tradition!

• Options
    hrgRR5d.jpg

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Echo wrote: »
    I went to a show with a Norwegian guy with Tourettes last week.

He was put on some new medication and told it had either two drawbacks, or two advantages.

He might sweat like a pig and not get it up.

Or he might sweat like a boar and never get it down.

"I got the boar kind."

turns out that pigs don't sweat

horses, on the other hand

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Huh with my short term financial troubles and looking at buying a used textbook I just realized I have like, 40 used textbooks

what's the best way to turn 40 used textbooks into dollars

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

• Options

Ludious never change. Never.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Man, I still want to do my post on every page of a thread, but I fear getting kicked from the thread so as to be prevented, on page 99.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla

Today is a day that shall be remembered until the end of chat. The day Will learned.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    I went to a show with a Norwegian guy with Tourettes last week.

He was put on some new medication and told it had either two drawbacks, or two advantages.

He might sweat like a pig and not get it up.

Or he might sweat like a boar and never get it down.

"I got the boar kind."

turns out that pigs don't sweat

horses, on the other hand

Is there anything that isn't horrible about those barely sane murder machines?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

So is Tyler Durden.

Eh, not as good.

Not that I'm disparaging Tyler Durden. I never had the phase where I'd like totally agree with fight club and then later dislike the movie because of the stupid things I thought about it earlier.

It did make me think about how freeing it would be to be your tyler durden, though. Like, let's make a crazy group and have some crazy goals because you can*

*which is the rub. Can you?

Hm. I bet I could go far in the radical extreme left. That would be fun.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Huh with my short term financial troubles and looking at buying a used textbook I just realized I have like, 40 used textbooks

what's the best way to turn 40 used textbooks into dollars

Sorcery.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I think the issue is more that it is impossible to use language, which is about definition, to define an idea that is inherently about the indefinition and...un-thingness of the self

At least not completely

So you either use poetical imagery and allusion to evoke the idea or feeling in a non-linguistic way

Or you use a web of complex, specialized language based on pre-existing philosophical concepts to do the same

• Options
    Rewatching Arrested Development in prep for Sunday.

Man, the first season is a bit rough around the edges. At least hte first handful of episodes.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    The main thrust of Heidegger is that learning that what we are IN ACTUALITY is a death is the most liberating thing, because our actual being is nothingness and we exist in a sort of "becoming" state wherein we are simultaneously whatever is possible

this has always seemed to be an overly wordy way to express the similar but under-wordy eastern philosophical concepts

German philosophers have always been notorious for inventing words and being overly wordy with this stuff.

german philosophers invent almost zero words

it's just that they're in german, and so to english speaking people they seem much cooler than what they are.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    IcyLiquid, can Geth post die rolls in spoilers when when the roll request is in a spoiler itself? It would help maintain flow.

• Options
    Also, Ludious, I know what my next Neverwinter questline will be.

• Options

i totally had to look this command up.

there are so many ways to fuck up geth's plain language parser on this command

and i have found most of them

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Nihilism is not a synonym for pessimism. It is the philosophical stance that human existence has not set teleological purpose and that objects have no inherent meaning outside of logical and linguistic predication, i.e. the inherent scientific and necessarily logical "facts" about something.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.