George R.R. Martin sends his regards. [GoT]

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    I found Azor Azhai
    u3bcbBt.png

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I'm really curious to read A Feast of Crows now just because how polarizing it is. That and it's finally a ASOIAF book I'll have no idea what what's going to happen.

It's not super controversial or anything. It's just long and boring.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I found Azor Azhai
    u3bcbBt.png

dongs did you draw this

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I found Azor Azhai
    u3bcbBt.png
    hqJDix4.png

• Options
    no

but it speaks to my soul

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    no

but it speaks to my soul

name-dropping the Merling King had me suspicious

but I suppose I should've known when one of his aliases wasn't Darkstar

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    That can't be real, it just can't.
    everyone knows I'm Azor Azhai

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Matev wrote: »
    That can't be real, it just can't.
    everyone knows I'm Azor Azhai

the narration of the Red Wedding omitted it, but Roose Bolton's sword glowed with the light of the sun when he pulled it out
    Robb was his Nissa Nissa all along

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    pretty sure it's the joff man
    i will be reborn

book 6 just you watch

you fucking peasant swine

• Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Keep dreaming, Rolo.

• Options
    Rolo wrote: »
    pretty sure it's the joff man
    i will be reborn

book 6 just you watch

you fucking peasant swine
    Tommen is the true steel

• Options
    don't jostle the joff

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    No, far from it.

Wouldn't want to rustle his Joffries, would we?
    i am so, so sorry, it just slipped out

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The hound will bear many strong dothraki warriors

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Nice.

• Options
    i can dig it, based on appearance alone

he kinda looks like chilean eric bana in that pic

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Someone out there somewhere read the epilogue of AFFC and didn't go "huh?" and have to read the prologue again.

I didn't but for some reason by the time I reached the end of aFfC I had completely forgotten
    that pate got killed. I think it was like, 4 in the morning or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I told you he was the true steel
    P0eMWns.jpg

• Options
    Err, Lannister?

Don't you mean Tommen, the first of his name, of the house totally Baratheon really guys?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    presumably after Wise King Joffrey had his traitor uncle and every member of his household executed for their treasons he decided the Baratheon name was forever sullied and chose to use the name of his mother's illustrious house instead (before Gregor Clegane killed him on the battlefield two weeks later)

when King Tommen retrieved House Lannister's ancestral sword from the ruins of Valyria it was clearly a sign that the Gods meant him to be a Lannister

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Wait, is that really an event in the mod? Because if so, that'd be awesome.

• Options
    Wait, is that really an event in the mod? Because if so, that'd be awesome.

Sadly, no, it just starts Joffrey and all of Robert's children as Lannister instead of Baratheon in the Clash of Kings scenario, I guess because Robert himself is already dead and it might confuse the game if it thinks Stannis and Joffrey are in the same dynasty

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    can you actually slay dragons?

also who's he married to

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    pedro pascal is not good-looking enough for the red viper

• Options
    can you actually slay dragons?

also who's he married to

If you fight an army led by someone with the "dragon rider" trait you get an event giving the option to either flee from the dragon or try to slay it (or if there's a Kingsguard member leading one of the flanks, have him try to fight it for you)

choosing the option to fight has a high chance of being maimed, wounded or killed but there's also a chance of killing it (which I think is modified by the character's martial ability and traits)

he's married to Alerie Tyrell, Margaery's niece (although King Tommen the Great also banged Margaery a few times, including on his own wedding day)

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    tumblr_m7mmdqvTOQ1rzb286o1_500.jpg
    Fire cannot harm a dragon.

I just finished reading Clash of Kings, on to A Storm of Swords.

Flay on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Do we ever find out what happens to Nymeria?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    It's covered in the books, wether the show will have the time/ability to fit that information in who knows. The wolves have already been downplayed a great deal compared to their presence in the books.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks. I'm just starting on the books now but was just curious since the wolves are my favorite.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    OK after getting through most of ASOS, book version Petyr Baelish is somehow even more badass than the show version despite having much less "screen time" for lack of a better term. And I love the show version.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    It's covered in the books, wether the show will have the time/ability to fit that information in who knows. The wolves have already been downplayed a great deal compared to their presence in the books.

book-based speculation for next season
    I feel like they may have been holding off on mentioning what Nymeria's been up to this whole time so that it could tie into Arya's story arc. Considering where Arya's story will be going in season 4 it would be a really logical point to start dropping mentions of Nymeria again.

• Options
    Just that whole scene...

Late Book 3 spoilers
    with Sansa, Lysa, and Petyr was so amazing. Am I a bad person for wanting Robert Arryn to die horribly?

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    Just that whole scene...

Late Book 3 spoilers
    with Sansa, Lysa, and Petyr was so amazing. Am I a bad person for wanting Robert Arryn to die horribly?
    If wanting to see that little shit exit out the moon door makes you a bad person then I don't want to be a good one.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    not if, when

• Options
    We're talking about the
    Still-Suckling Prince
    right?

Cuz fuck that guy.

• Options
    Oh man oh man

Late book 3 spoiler
    The Red Viper/Clegane fight. I knew Clegane was dead the second the spear cut him but Martel doomed himself by not finishing him off right there. The show creators have a tough task trying to put that scene on film, let's hope they succeed.

About 100 pages left on ASOS. Afterwards I might give the ASOIAF series a break, I've been meaning to start The Lies of Locke Lamora and finish the Silmarillion but fuck me that's a hard book to get through.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I found Azor Azhai
    u3bcbBt.png

I showed you my DA account in confidence!

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Oh man oh man

Late book 3 spoiler
    The Red Viper/Clegane fight. I knew Clegane was dead the second the spear cut him but Martel doomed himself by not finishing him off right there. The show creators have a tough task trying to put that scene on film, let's hope they succeed.

About 100 pages left on ASOS. Afterwards I might give the ASOIAF series a break, I've been meaning to start The Lies of Locke Lamora and finish the Silmarillion but fuck me that's a hard book to get through.

It's so good, though.

It's good from the first page to the last.

This discussion has been closed.