As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Last of] Us Gamers

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Right now there is zero kind of confirmed PS4 backwards compatibility, so not likely in the least.

Except for PS1 and PS2 classics currently on PSN I mean, I assume those will just still be accessible on your PS4 from your PSN account.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I sell preorder dlc all of the time on ebay.

I got $30 for a sub zero costume and fatality.

$48 for zombie mode and a couple of skins for injustice.

People be foolish.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    this game is really good, but there's something I can't figure out

in any given encounter, am I supposed to try and kill everyone? I'm trying to be all sneaky-stealthy, but more often than not I still end up with a pretty high body count

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    this game is really good, but there's something I can't figure out

in any given encounter, am I supposed to try and kill everyone? I'm trying to be all sneaky-stealthy, but more often than not I still end up with a pretty high body count

You're a monster.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Beat all the dudes to death. Never fire a shot.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    i suppose the difference between this and uncharted - where the fun is in dispatching each enemy as efficiently and/or dramatically as possible - the last of us makes it satisfying to just fucking live

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I would like to play this game but I do not have a PS3 :(

Screw platform exclusives.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    This game does more characterization in the first twenty minutes than most do over their entire length.

With that said, I need to remove some dust from my eye before I continue with the game.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    When I'm placing stuff, occasionally a controller icon appears in the corner of the screen. Like it wants me to shake it. But I have no idea what shaking the controller does

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Fission MailedFission Mailed Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    When I'm placing stuff, occasionally a controller icon appears in the corner of the screen. Like it wants me to shake it. But I have no idea what shaking the controller does
    Your flashlight is dying, shaking the SixAxis "recharges" it, akin to shaking a dying flashlight (somewhat) in real life.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i heard beavo worked on this

she must be super proud

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Your flashlight is dying, shaking the SixAxis "recharges" it, akin to shaking a dying flashlight (somewhat) in real life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically_powered_flashlight#Shake_type_design ?

• Options
    Fission MailedFission Mailed Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically_powered_flashlight#Shake_type_design ?

Somewhat, yet I think it's closer to the horror movie trope of people shaking dying flashlights to get the extra bit of juice out of them.

• Options
    Oohhh. Thanks!

Also good lord the sound design in this game is fantastic.

Also super unsettling

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Dammit target was sold out of this.

This is the first time in YEARS that I haven't been able to just walk into a store and buy a game the day it came out.

• Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Pro-tip for flashlights - just knock it against your hand for maximum authenticity.

Darric on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Just started playing this at a friends house

God

Fucking

Dammit

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    True or False:

The ambience, plot, and characters of this game are out of control, best ever, really damn good

But the actual game part of the game is mediocre to possibly even bad

This corner of the internet is generally less retarded than other corners, so I would value a confirm/deny

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Dammit target was sold out of this.

This is the first time in YEARS that I haven't been able to just walk into a store and buy a game the day it came out.

I had just made it to the front of the line at EB when they said they were sold out aside from preorders

I started to walk away when the lady called me back because they hadn't checked if there were any cancelled preorders. Turned out there was one, so I *barely) got a copy, and got one with the pre-order bonus code to boot

I just made it through the prologue and I gotta say you could do a whole lot worse than remind me of the start of Telltale's The Walking Dead

I haven't really noticed @Beavotron's work much so far aside from the main menu, but as far as I'm concerned that's a sign of a job well done

• Options
    Knob wrote: »
    True or False:

The ambience, plot, and characters of this game are out of control, best ever, really damn good

This corner of the internet is generally less retarded than other corners, so I would value a confirm/deny

I'm not far enough in to really say but I would be amazed if that second part was true as Naughty Dog's previous games were all about the actual game part with story a distant second

it would be weird for them to forget how to do all that.

• Options
    True or False:

false

at worst, it's perfectly servicable, and at best it's fast and tense

• Options
    edited June 2013
    True or False:

if you've played uncharted: the set-pieces seem similar (at this stage), with a slower pace to the traversal elements and a bit more of a melee focus - and an element of inventory management - to manage the combat

if you haven't played uncharted: it's kind of like metal gear solid, with a few less tools to handle the set-ups and less aid from interfacey elements. it does give you that same kind of i can't wait to do that again, but better vibe when you die. and often when you survive.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    My friend is currently trying to play this like a shooter

It is driving me fucking insane

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I don't have and cannot afford a PS3, so the chance that I'll get to play this is basically zero. But I'm watching Tetraninja's LP of it on YouTube. I don't feel I'm missing a lot by not playing it myself, though I wish he wouldn't scavenge quite so much.

Basically I just want a cut with no commentary and all the gameplay condensed. Not a speedrun exactly, but someone who plays it like a movie.

• Options
    Sort of wish I were playing this at my house with large tv and surround sound

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I don't have and cannot afford a PS3, so the chance that I'll get to play this is basically zero. But I'm watching Tetraninja's LP of it on YouTube. I don't feel I'm missing a lot by not playing it myself, though I wish he wouldn't scavenge quite so much.

Basically I just want a cut with no commentary and all the gameplay condensed. Not a speedrun exactly, but someone who plays it like a movie.

that will happen, but probably not for a while.

honestly were you expecting something like that on release day?

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

that will happen, but probably not for a while.

honestly were you expecting something like that on release day?

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm sure an LP of it will pop up on SA

but not until after at least the 3 month rule goes by

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Not really impressed with this so far

Just spent a half hour trying to get past the first room of multiple infected to no avail

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Not really impressed with this so far

Just spent a half hour trying to get past the first room of multiple infected to no avail

suck less

• Options
    so I just got to Fall after...five or six hours?

this game has legs

• Options
    That's a helpful post

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Re: intro

Sure game go ahead and knee me in the balls

• Options
    That's a helpful post

explain what your problem is and what room you're in specifically

actually I just had a thought and if it's the same room I'm thinking of then yeah it's a little bit of bullshit

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I'm loving this game so far.

CorporateLogo:
    If its the room I'm thinking of, (just after finding the revolver and doing the item swap tutorial) sneak up and choke out the first runner, use your gun to put a few rounds in the clicker's head, melee your way through the other 3 or so runners. There is a few health restore items (food you can't take with you, or use if you're full health anyway) littered about just after that area

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    I bet it is the room I had to switch back to normal on. It is tough. Lowering the difficulty in the options menu helped me out.

Also. Pick up a brick and then melee attack with it. Is very nice

• Options
    I got past it but the clicker gave me a hard time and if he kills you you have to start all over again, which is aggravating when you have to stealth kill everything again

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    it helps to figure out that clickers cannot see you

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    when the game starts really throwing dudes and infected at you the combat gets frantic as shit, even on normal

tis rad

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Okay, I have a bone to pick with Naughty Dog. That opening sequence was a clear attempt on my life.

The method?
    Ripping out my freakin' heart. :(

Also stealth-hitting dudes with bricks is ah-maaaaaah-zing. Could do that all day.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky