As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Last of] Us Gamers

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Seriously it's like that intro was tailor-made to upset me

For good or ill whenever something affects me in this game I am blaming @beavotron, @Darric, and @Fission Mailed

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    The level of detail and gore in this game makes me want a time machine, just so I could go back to 1980 and see what the past peoples think of the future.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    the gore has a tom savini vibe that is wonderful

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    So this game's actually lived up to the hype surprisingly well?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh man I am bad at this combat

It doesn't seem actually bad though! I'm just disused to being shot actually affecting me

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry if this has been said already, but: check your saves, guys.

My brother and I both have the game, and he told me there's a lethal bug that prevents certain copies from saving. You go to 'save' through the menu, and when you do, it says 'autosaving in progress' which hangs forever. He lost 5 hours of play time from it, but I don't seem to be affected.

It's a known bug, I got the game last night but I didn't install it until this morning, and I had to download an update - whilst my brother marathonned it last night. It's possible they got out a day 1 bug fix for it.

Also. Man these zombies are hard. I keep dying to clicker/runner combos.

Is it possible to throw people/zombies over ledges/railings? I didn't have a shive but a clicker was standing right next to a big hole in a wall leading to a huge drop, I really wanted to shove it out. Can you?

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Last month I overheard a GameStop employee telling a group of customers about this game and how excited she was to play it. I jumped in on the conversation and got everyone hyped about it while lamenting the fact that I do not own a Playstation to play it on.

Then I was all giddy because the game's UI designer totally spent the night on my living room floor once and isn't this forum amazing sometimes!?

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    From what I've heard the eternal autosaving bug was a problem with their servers and has already been fixed and shouldn't happen anymore.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    oh shit guys this game ramps right the fuck up in Fall

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    There were no physical copies anywhere in the city so I bought the digital version on the psn

its been downloading for 5 hours and every twenty minutes it signs out of the goddamn psn and won't start again until I click X to sign back in.

its at 60% and I want to go to sleep!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Tying scissors to a pipe should not be as satiisfying as this game makes it feel.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I got a machete as a melee weapon

then I wondered 'huh what will an upgraded machete be? they can't just strap extra blades to it, right?'

I was wrong

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »
    From what I've heard the eternal autosaving bug was a problem with their servers and has already been fixed and shouldn't happen anymore.

You might be right. He had the same update that I downloaded yet still got the bug - so it can't have been that. He started his new game today and seems to be able to save it fine, now.

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Normally I don't care for stealth games but this game hits notes of perfection in that department I haven't felt since I played the first Metal Gear Solid.

I am really glad I bought into the hype. This game is unbelievable.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh man I am bad at this combat

It doesn't seem actually bad though! I'm just disused to being shot actually affecting me

I love that getting shot on this game makes you stagger back

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    i only just met up with Ellie but I'm really liking it so far

Also the intro goes right for the god damn jugular

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Godammit, Bill! Stop shooting infected while I'm trying to be stealthy!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The Last of Us may be the scariest game I've ever played (i haven't played amnesia or anything)

I've played the Dead Space games, but those are mostly BOO GIANT HORRIBLE MONSTER!!

The Last of Us just creates such a feeling of dread

Having to sneak past a room full of only Clickers is terrifying

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Glad to hear this game is awesome but I'm sick to death of zombies (yes, I know they're cordyceps or whatever) and post-apocalypse stuff at the moment

I'll look into it when there's a price drop though

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Had enough time last night to stick it in and update/grab dlcs before passing out. Now I'm stuck at work for 12 hours.

How does the multi work, I saw the trailer but it didn't really cover much besides the in match systems

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    ee it's reet good this is

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    @Gabe got his copy!
    cwgabriel wrote:

UPS says my package was delivered but I can't find it anywhere. Oh wait there it is.

61j.jpg

• Options
    Fission MailedFission Mailed Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Seriously it's like that intro was tailor-made to upset me

For (...) ill whenever something affects me in this game I am blaming @Fission Mailed

I am alright with this.

Fission Mailed on
  • Options
    I'm renting this from Redbox, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna try and get some work this week and buy my own copy

This is a game I gotta have on a shelf

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Does anybody want a code for the Sights and Sounds pack (soundtrack, PS3 theme, avatars)? I got one packed in with the game and Amazon also sent me another one for pre-ordering.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    So many clickers!

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    UGH TESS STOP RUNNING IN FRONT OF CLICKERS

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    ok real talk for a second

does this game get any harder on normal

can you switch the difficulty mid game

or should I restart now

I'm currently
    just fought some zombies out of the north tunnel, I have two other people in my party still, can't remember my chapter name

and so far combat is fun and I see the appeal but it's all just been too easy to get through

I feel like I'd be having more fun gameplay wise if it was more difficult

• Options
    You can switch the difficulty, and yes you should set it on the hardest possible difficulty

It's still not THAT hard, but you gotta use everything you've got

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    You can switch the difficulty, and yes you should set it on the hardest possible difficulty

It's still not THAT hard, but you gotta use everything you've got

you're my fuckin' savior man, as soon as I get home

I like everything about this game! It was just toooooooo easy and hopefully this helps the issue

is it just in options? it's probably just in options.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The Last of Us may be the scariest game I've ever played (i haven't played amnesia or anything)

I've played the Dead Space games, but those are mostly BOO GIANT HORRIBLE MONSTER!!

The Last of Us just creates such a feeling of dread

Having to sneak past a room full of only Clickers is terrifying

Pretty sure Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs will take over as scariest game this year, assuming it hits the new Fall release date.

So I take it I should check this game out? I don't like The Walking Dead because it's too damn depressing. Is this game pretty much the same thing?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    my thoughts re: the opening of this game
    I sort of feel cheated

It was still such a strong opening and the way it all happened was so well done and it definitely brought some manly ass man tears to my manly ass man eyes

but

like you know the daughter is gonna die

you don't know how but you know it's going to happen because all the marketing material has been with a different girl and a different name

i just wish i hadn't seen it coming :(

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    This game is bad for my heart.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My wife left a receipt from Best Buy on the table... It's for this game.

Totally getting this shit tomorrow for Father's Day

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I am planning on getting this really soon, so you should add me because I don't have many playstation friends. :(

Bogestrom

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Bogey wrote: »
    I am planning on getting this really soon, so you should add me because I don't have many playstation friends. :(

Bogestrom

Bogey

I will be

your PSfrieNd

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    this fucking game.

i am forcing myself to take a break and do some laundry, i just got past that ambush part they showed off in the trailers, seems to be back to human enemies for a little while.

also, yeah, that opening. you knew what was coming and that did not make it any less intense.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    oh my god the prologue made me cry
    the sounds sarah makes

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    The prologue was going to make me cry but I said to myself "dammit I am not crying at the prologue" and stifled it.

I warn you all though that stifling can be too effective - I failed to shed a tear at the birth of my son as I became overwhelmed at the whole thing about 5 minutes too early and said to myself "dammit I am not crying before babby is actually out".

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i am totally going to cry like an infant when/if my first child is ever born (ha ha i am a shit loser idiot who will never reproduce)