As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... BRAWM BRAWM [battlefield the third]

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    ok is it just me or is ctf really bad

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I don't find it very fun

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Conquest forever

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am the best Medic

I'll be one of the top 3 members of my team, and only have like 4 kills 'cause I'm just sprinting around the map picking people up

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    yeah, i love running some form of support. medic, transport chopper pilot, tank commander/spotter, etc.

this has nothing to do with the fact that i am also awful at shooting

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Well this is magnificent, I flew home tonight and decided I wanted to try shooting some mans with you guys, so I tried to update all my BF3 shit and now I'm locked out of my Origin account and also my junk email account where all my stupid login bullshit and spam from things like this and Uplay are sent.

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    i didn't catch your originame post, chris

if you ever regain access let me know so i can add you to the OP

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oh I will, don't worry. In fact, my Originame is chrishallett83. I just can't get into my bloody account!

• Options
    Dang that sucks!

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    I'm in! Woo!

Oh hey, it's updating BF3.

6.1 gigs?!?

Okay, I'll be back tomorrow...

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Gonna go play now.

Not because I particularly want to or anything, more just because Chris can't.

• Options
    Added everybody on the list.

Even you, Fyndir.

• Options
    1249 MB out of 6176MB so far!

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I like conquest and all, but man in Bad Company 2, Rush was the best. And I miss that.

Seems like your ability to demolish important buildings actually went down a little bit between games. Being able to knock a building down to take out a point was so great.

Except for when people did that by just shelling from the deployment point with a tank.

That was lame.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    telling you to shell that beachhouse because i spotted a sniper running into it was one of the better game moments i've ever had

but yeah, in BC2 you could completely destroy most buildings

in BF3 it's more "destroy two-thirds of the building but leave one corner and the stairs to the second floor intact"

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    I like conquest and all, but man in Bad Company 2, Rush was the best. And I miss that.

Seems like your ability to demolish important buildings actually went down a little bit between games. Being able to knock a building down to take out a point was so great.

Except for when people did that by just shelling from the deployment point with a tank.

That was lame.

Tank sniping rules

• Options
    Added everybody on the list.

Even you, Fyndir.

Weirdly I saw no request from you, so I have tried sending one your way in the hopes of forcing Origins to acknowledge us.

• Options
    P.S. I think I just had the worst round I've ever had.

1 kill.

13 deaths.

290 points.

:cry:

• Options
    101 wrote: »

That was lame.

Tank sniping rules

Don't get me wrong, I love tank sniping. But there is tank sniping and then just being cheap and boring about it

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    P.S. I think I just had the worst round I've ever had.

1 kill.

13 deaths.

290 points.

:cry:

Dogg I have gone multiple rounds with like 10 points

• Options
    edited June 2013
    The internet suggests that it is because I am using the factory overclocking thing to get it running at 1440p. The problem being it doesn't have enough power

which

I have a 750W power supply.

Do I just need to mess with software to adjust the voltage or what

edit:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/DirectX-function-quot-GetDeviceRemovedReason-quot-Help/m-p/103020#M11263 this

Artreus on
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I uh, I might play this game too much

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    The internet suggests that it is because I am using the factory overclocking thing to get it running at 1440p. The problem being it doesn't have enough power

which

edit:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/DirectX-function-quot-GetDeviceRemovedReason-quot-Help/m-p/103020#M11263 this

If it's factory oc'd you should have the right voltage dialed in. what gpu is it?

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options

which

edit:

If it's factory oc'd you should have the right voltage dialed in. what gpu is it?

Radeon HD 6870. Using the "graphics overdrive" thing to boost the gpu clock settings. Dialing them back seemed to make it stop crashing for a while

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    i usually play ctf when i want to take a break from conquest. sometimes the games can be pretty intense and it can be thrilling as all get out when you have the flag and are hauling ass on a dirt bike across the map with air and armor nipping at your heels.

• Options
    play

the game

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Played a quickmatch on a public (Aus) server.

5 kills.

22 deaths.

I are good at shooting mans.

EDIT: Next round, 11 kills, 25 deaths! Almost at a 2 deaths to every kill ratio! Woo!

This is a lot of fun!

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Hoollly shit. Played a few rounds on a conquest domination hardcore close combat server.

It's like I was playing horrible person bingo. Lots of n-words, lots of gay campers, every single weapon you could conceivably kill a person with was complained about. "shotgun whores" etc

Also constant whining about people with bag ping who should stick to their own region. It was all pure internet.

Also I went like 21 and 50

• Options
    sorry guys i've been busy with the last of us

i'll probably play some bf3 tomorrow just to get that feeling of tense dread out of my system before going back to it

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Yeah today was my break day from the last of us. Just can not deal with long stretches of that game.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    does anyone want to play

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    I can throw down for a bit

PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
  • Options
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    no

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Aww...

:'(

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hoollly shit. Played a few rounds on a conquest domination hardcore close combat server.

It's like I was playing horrible person bingo. Lots of n-words, lots of gay campers, every single weapon you could conceivably kill a person with was complained about. "shotgun whores" etc

Also constant whining about people with bag ping who should stick to their own region. It was all pure internet.

Also I went like 21 and 50

• Don't play hardcore

• mute everyone you don't know

People complaining about weapons are THE WORST. Every now and then I'll drop into a server and the rules will pop up while it's loading and say like
    NO SHOTGUNS, NO GRENADE LAUNCHERS, NO CAMPING, NO CLAYMORES, NO SEMI AUTO SNIPER RIFLES, NO STINGER/IGLA etc etc etc

stop being babies and play the game.

• Options
    I popped into a game Fyndir was playing for about five minutes before I was kicked for having a high ping, and there was plenty of whinging about too many snipers, to which Fyndir replied "oh you want me to change to sniper, do you?" then I saw a lot of people dying at his hand coming up on the little obituaries list on the right side of the screen.

• Options
    I didn't actually change to sniper, I was just trying to rile the whiners up. 8-> If I'm remembering the right match I think what I actually did was Stinger the big chopper they were using as a floating spawn point and killed a whole bunch of guys, they had a pretty decent pilot who was doing a good job of doing really low, fast sweeps so they had minimal parachute time and didn't just get picked off while floating down.

I also spent a lot of yesterday being a medic and really enjoying myself just sprinting desperately through gunfire and explosions to defib people. Although it bugs me that I can't get my burst fire M4 that the Engineer kit gets as a medic, it's probably my favourite rifle that I've unlocked so far.

• Options
    HadesHades Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    I didn't actually change to sniper, I was just trying to rile the whiners up. 8-> If I'm remembering the right match I think what I actually did was Stinger the big chopper they were using as a floating spawn point and killed a whole bunch of guys, they had a pretty decent pilot who was doing a good job of doing really low, fast sweeps so they had minimal parachute time and didn't just get picked off while floating down.

I also spent a lot of yesterday being a medic and really enjoying myself just sprinting desperately through gunfire and explosions to defib people. Although it bugs me that I can't get my burst fire M4 that the Engineer kit gets as a medic, it's probably my favourite rifle that I've unlocked so far.

The M16A4 is the assault class equivalent of the burst M4 that the engineer gets.

• Options
    Yeah, I figured there would be something eventually, I just want it now. :(

Oh well, gotta keep working at it.