As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two Best Friends Play

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    One of my favorite things about the best friends is that they're all huge babies when it comes to horror games

Just like me

Horror games don't seem to affect Matt very much. He'll scream at jump scares, but doesn't really become scared

Liam's the biggest baby of the group, running away from innocuous doors and breaking objects in terror.

Pat's gets almost as scared as Liam, but it doesn't really affect his play. He just sounds like he might start crying.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Pat saying "I don't like that" is the sign that a horror playthrough is getting good

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Just started the TWD S2 Lets Play.

Funny (those clem intro/ending pics are killing me) but do they actually shut up about Kenny at some point or is it just going to get worse?

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    One of my favorite things about the best friends is that they're all huge babies when it comes to horror games

Just like me

Horror games don't seem to affect Matt very much. He'll scream at jump scares, but doesn't really become scared

Liam's the biggest baby of the group, running away from innocuous doors and breaking objects in terror.

Pat's gets almost as scared as Liam, but it doesn't really affect his play. He just sounds like he might start crying.

The Ju-on shitstorm solo video is a great show of Matt's baby status. He'll get scared, but screaming pretty quickly turns into laughing.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Funny (those clem intro/ending pics are killing me) but do they actually shut up about Kenny at some point or is it just going to get worse?

they do not stop, and it gets worse (if you like kenny)

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Kenny just drives them into an irrational rage, and it's hilarious.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    they do not stop, and it gets worse (if you like kenny)
    Well, now I'm even more driven to honor his memory in 2-5.

Salt lick brothers 4 life.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular

I hate Kenny, and even I think they go totally overboard.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I couldn't finish their LP of season 2.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Aside from his weird boat obsession, I don't think there was much I disagreed with him on in S1. We were two murder peas in a pod.

I was abit worried about making Clem the protag but she's doing a bang up job of being super badass.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular

Just like me

Out of the entire zaibatsu I think Pat's incoherent noises are the best incoherent noises

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ryeRwnFNRs

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

Just like me

Yeah, because Pat's survival-strategery is to freeze or play dead. Liam's is to jump the gun harder.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I thought the Kenny hate running wild was dumb... up until you meet a certain character in Episode 5 and he does the most irrational sadistic bullshit to him. There's a point where it renders Pat speechless, it's so bad. :p

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I thought the Kenny hate running wild was dumb... up until you meet a certain character in Episode 5 and he does the most irrational sadistic bullshit to him. There's a point where it renders Pat speechless, it's so bad. :p
    Thinking that Arvo is harmless and innocent is pretty oblivious, though.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »

I think one leads to the other
    like you point to him shooting Clem and say "see, he was evil all along!" but if Kenny hadn't been mercilessly beating the shit outta him for days you might have been able to talk to him and explain what happened with his sister.

Obviously he's not harmless, and by all means keep him restrained, but the beatings were just inhuman.

Oh brilliant
  • Options

I think one leads to the other
    like you point to him shooting Clem and say "see, he was evil all along!" but if Kenny hadn't been mercilessly beating the shit outta him for days you might have been able to talk to him and explain what happened with his sister.

Obviously he's not harmless, and by all means keep him restrained, but the beatings were just inhuman.
    Yeah, I doubt antagonising him made things any better since it didn't even break his triggerfinger, but he seemed pretty set on causing trouble before that, too.

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Just like me

Out of the entire zaibatsu I think Pat's incoherent noises are the best incoherent noises

Plenty of those in the Shitstorm Finale this year.

Let's also not forget his latest three catchphrases, "Know what I mean?", "Drop your shield", and "Perfect". Someone needs to put that on a shirt.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Just like me

Let's also not forget his latest three catchphrases, "Know what I mean?", "Drop your shield", and "Perfect". Someone needs to put that on a shirt.

I know, eh?

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    when you're right you're right

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Just like me

I know, eh?

Woof.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Man. Golden Sun's "unleash" really was the hypest critical hit.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

Just like me

I know, eh?

Woof.

Why isn't there a "ruh-row" button in I can click?

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Man. Golden Sun's "unleash" really was the hypest critical hit.

Indeed.

Any game can make your attack flash. Golden Sun is where I go if I want my critical hits to summon a death god to rip out a monster's beating heart.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I don't know, I prefer my special attacks have lots of cut-ins and voice-overs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxyYMKYwFEY

Although that's not really a crit. The ones in Fire Emblem actually feel pretty good, though.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The best thing about SMT4 is that critical hits can cause an effect that's actually called "smirk".

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    when you're right you're right

you're not wrong

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Finished off episode 3 of TWD S2.

Good so far but it's really lacking the emotional dynamic S1 had with Lee and Clem.

Clem being a supporting cast member/your surrogate daughter is what made Lee's decisions so powerful, here Clem feels like she's just walking from one situation to the next and I'm not really feeling particularly torn or driven by anything or anyone.

They do the best job they can with making an eleven year old the main character but Clem just can't carry the story like someone like Lee could. It feels like they kind of missed what made Clem work so well and it wasn't that she was a cool or interesting character, it was that she was your family.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Finished off episode 3 of TWD S2.

Good so far but it's really lacking the emotional dynamic S1 had with Lee and Clem.

Clem being a supporting cast member/your surrogate daughter is what made Lee's decisions so powerful, here Clem feels like she's just walking from one situation to the next and I'm not really feeling particularly torn or driven by anything or anyone.

They do the best job they can with making an eleven year old the main character but Clem just can't carry the story like someone like Lee could. It feels like they kind of missed what made Clem work so well and it wasn't that she was a cool or interesting character, it was that she was your family.
    tumblr_inline_n2nvd2VDUq1r5kjtk.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n2nvds0HpT1r5kjtk.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n2nvednFzh1r5kjtk.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n2nver3Tvi1r5kjtk.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n2nvi6nYuZ1r5kjtk.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n2nvk0CQpY1r5kjtk.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n2nvklIvjM1r5kjtk.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n2nvlrVmti1r5kjtk.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n2nvol7zTG1r5kjtk.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n2nvpfLxEn1r5kjtk.png

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, the way people generally talk to Clem in season two seems kind of off sometimes.

I know she's tough but with the way they go on about their life stories and complex pleas for assistance, you would think she was a battle hardened zombie apocalypse Rambo with a minigun/guidance counselor. instead of an eleven year old.

"Clem, we're thinking of making some adjustments to the base, adding a second floor to the fort and new irrigation system, we need your input."

"..I like ponies?"

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    you're not wrong

I've started using this one in my day-to-day speech. Not on purpose, mind you. I just hear it so often that my brain accepts it as a thing people say.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I've generally enjoyed everything the zaibatsu have put out on their channel, but the Walking Dead S2 LP is a real black mark - for me, anyway. It was genuinely unpleasant to watch/listen to.

After that, though, was Prison Break, so ... Maybe Pat's suffering should be accepted as penance.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I've been alternating between using "wooofh" because of Pat (and "shish" and "augh" because of JonTron but that's something else entirely)

Am yet to see if "see what I mean becomes part of my regular vocabulary"

• Options
    Swery.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Heat the key.

e: Oh god I didn't even notice D4 is up. I just made some very unmanly noises.

Now, do I watch every part as it comes out, or do I save it up?

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    PT is wonderfully disturbing. Gives me hope that the series is finally ready to evolve move into some sort of new direction.

Have they said whether the final product will be first person aswell? After this, I'm going to be kind of bummed if its just another traditional third person Silent Hill.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Apparently you can toggle either view, with some forced scenes in first person

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Holy shit D4! what the fuck is this amazing thing

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Ugh I really want to play D4 myself but a 2BF playthrough sounds like the greatest thing

Please just make a PC port swery, don't make me buy an entire xbox one solely for your stupid game

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Oh my god, clam chowder.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Please just make a PC port swery, don't make me buy an entire xbox one solely for your stupid game

I'm in the same dilemma. There is literally nothing else now or on the horizon that I would need an Xbox One for, but if I have to buy one just for this game, I don't know how long I can restrain myself from doing so.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!