As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV SE++] Early access is go! REALMS ARE REBORN, GO KILL STUFF

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That was a joke.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    also its untrue we are jerks

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    you GnT fellows really don't understand the modern connotation of the term "nice guys", do you.

PROBLEMATIC

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    ...oh. still though, I'd rather not associate myself with the type of dude that calls himself a "nice guy", in jest or not. partially because not everyone will get the joke, partially because I don't think the joke is all that funny in the first place.

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Wait does "nice" mean something other than "not mean" now? I've lost the plot

• Options
    edited July 2013
    You fucking young people and your twisting of words grumble mutter

Ledneh on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    tumblr_ma7karvB6G1qd96a1o1_500.png

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    thank you, farg.

• Options
    god in heaven i just want to crawl into a goddamn hole and be left alone

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    If we're still on the topic of subforum division I'd just like to point out that probably a quarter of the "regulars" for SE started off in gnt and were brought over when the chat thread was axed

this notion that se people cannot or should not interact with gnt folks is horseshit and didn't hold up then and doesn't hold up now

That being said I'd definitely prefer a name that isn't related to penny arcade at all. Shambler Milk is silly but we love it. I just can't really get behind anything branded. I love the forums but don't particularly have any affinity whatsoever for PA beyond that.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    the last time i ran with a gnt guild in any significant capacity was for guild wars 2 and that did not end well

i personally could give a fuck about whatever dumbshit forum rivalry nonsense some people have going on

there are just a lot of people there i'd rather not interact with at all, so if we're really going with a joint thing then i'm gonna be finding other people to run with

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    It's definitely going to be dickwolves isn't it

Oh no this was a joke

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ultimately I just wish they'd kept with regular old linkshells exclusively and didn't have this singular, overreaching company

The whole reason linkshells were great was you could have a bunch and just be in whichever you preferred at the time

Then there wouldn't be any need for this silliness at all, and people could just go freely to whatever they want

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    All I even cared about in the first place is the anime linkshell.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    fuck it let's just make an SE free company and name it Anime Linkshell

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Falafell

Haus.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Ultimately I just wish they'd kept with regular old linkshells exclusively and didn't have this singular, overreaching company

The whole reason linkshells were great was you could have a bunch and just be in whichever you preferred at the time

Then there wouldn't be any need for this silliness at all, and people could just go freely to whatever they want

To be fair there is nothing preventing anyone from doing just this with Linkshells still.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    SE++ FC on the scoobydoo server is starting to sound like a better and better idea.

We can just have a PA linkshell.

zucchini on
  • Options
    did we switch servers again

scoobydoo?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Satans Garters

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Wake me up before the head start begins so I know what server to make a character on, this is getting silly. As long as there's a SE++ linkshell/chat and an anime linkshell, I care about the rest about as much as a fart in a high wind.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    zucchini wrote: »
    SE++ FC on the scoobydoo server is starting to sound like a better and better idea.

We can just have a PA linkshell.

The advantage of having everyone in the same big fc is I guess better game rewards, so the question is how much guild housing is a fair trade for your dignity, to phrase it in an overblown way

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Are you gonna be able to look Neko Sephirothx in the face when she asks "lol wat guild u in"?

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Well I'm not going to be in a FC with a problematic name regardless

the benefits from my angle are mostly a captive market to which I can give away things and I can get that from a linkshell

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    How about, Video Game Reference?

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    How about, Video Game Reference?

I agree

It's my understanding that most people here are starting new characters, and don't have the mad legacy scrgilla to afford making a free company, so it's up to the G&T guys. From reading their posts and hearing about past guilds, there is going to be an inevitable schism. So, my actual suggestion is just to steer them toward some non-problematic-if-still-dumb name like the Omega Hares and that way when y'all break up, falafell house is still available, otherwise they get the better name that they don't even like that much in the end

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    A free company is only 30k to form unless the cost differs at release. I had 30k just from doing quests and if a few people throw in 5k you'll have one going fairly quick.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    The cost of all the other stuff, well that's something to work towards.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    swole miner babez united

• Options
    Calling it an inevitable schism only makes it that much more likely

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Well, they are the shadows of things that may be, only

I haven't done any pa guild stuff but from what I've heard here it has gone poorly. What I have imagined is that there is only a certain amount of "gay, epic fail" in guildchat se++ can take. How well has my mental image lined up with the actual past? Maybe it has always been some combination of specific personalities that will be avoided this time.

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    From my experience in the PA SWTOR guild there was none of that stuff. That kind of crap was strictly not tolerated. The PA GnT groups/guilds are some of the best, minimal bullshit, funny, and accepting I've ever played with. People join up with GnT groups so they don't have to deal with or be subjected to the misogynistic, elitist, juvenile gamer crap that is pervasive outside of the PA community.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    My experience with the GW2 Nice guild was kinda hit and miss but it got sorted out pretty quickly. I just want to play games and have fun.

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I have to be honest, though. While I am somewhere between the hardcore and casual level, I'm way more on the casual side when it comes to guild.

Which is why I loved Shambler Milk. I didn't have to go to another website, didn't get pressured into spending a ton of time on whatever, and didn't have to deal with a ton of guild stuff. It was just a bunch of people who wanted to play a game together and have fun with everything the game had to offer, oh and we were pretty damn good at the raiding thing too.

Once it morphs into something more than that, I start to lose interest, and I'm sure a lot of the SE folks feel the same way, which is why there's arguments now, and why there were similar ones in the past (and will be in the future).

You forgot the best part of SM, the comedic stylings of Skragg, Kyira, and Higgins

• Options
    Hey this is that other guy Herpes was mentioning =P. I just posted in the other thread that I don't care on the name either way for reasons that names I find really cool and such I highly highly doubt anyone on the PA forums would care about. Such as, Fragarach. Translates to The Answer and is a fairly famous Celtic sword owned by a couple of the more famous heroes from I believe the Ulster Cycle. But yea basically I do believe I'd be the only one to really be omg love this name, so I don't care too much on the name long as it a dash classy and what Dude with Herpes said above.

Oh and hello nice to meet you all. I hope we will all get to know and enjoy each other's company once the game hits live =D

Sir if you don't think I don't care about how sweet Norse Myth is, let me introduce you to my old Tauren Shaman, Aurvandil

• Options
    Falaful Haus

Falawful Haus.

• Options
    And yeah forum rivelries are dumb. Its so dumb I can't even be bothered to spell it correctly.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    The forums should be divided by coast so we can have some real rivalries.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Falaful Haus

Falawful Haus.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
This discussion has been closed.