As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL]: Can Seattle Take the Vegas Front Office in the Expansion Draft?

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    CBC could not fit Carey Price's junk far enough down their throat last night after the first period. It was pretty hilarious after that.

Then the Parros thing happened and everyone was more or less quiet about everything for the rest of the night.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    :(
    Goaltending is why I watch hockey.

Guess you're not a Flyers fan.

Speaking of which, they're probably going to be mediocre this year but who cares, wooooooooo hockey

• Options
    I'm legitimately worried that Emery or Mason will be solid in net. Of course, when you have one emotionally fragile guy in net, the best thing to do is back him up with Ray Emery...

I keep hearing Bryz to the Pens floating around, which would be fucking hilarious and terrifying.

• Options
    I'm also legitimately worried that Brunner is going to light it up for NJ.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    CBC could not fit Carey Price's junk far enough down their throat last night after the first period. It was pretty hilarious after that.

Then the Parros thing happened and everyone was more or less quiet about everything for the rest of the night.

and then we had to listen to career plug pj stock spew nonsense about fighting.

and then in the first intermission of the oilers-jets games, they decided not to talk about the game they're currently broadcasting but about the earlier game THAT NO ONE FUCKING CARES ABOUT CBC GOD FUCK YOU'RE SUCH A WASTE OF MY TAX MONEY SINK IN TO THE OCEAN.

• Options
    I loved that half of it was PJ ranting about Twitter.

Then Ron chips in with, "Our guilty pleasure is becoming a guilty conscience."

Thanks, Buddha.

• Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular

I can't wait to see what our full offensive line up can do this year. If we manage to keep up our advanced stats and puck possession from last year on paper we should be scary to play against.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Borommakot wrote: »

I can't wait to see what our full offensive line up can do this year. If we manage to keep up our advanced stats and puck possession from last year on paper we should be scary to play against.

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=6327

article about the devils last year.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm legitimately worried that Emery or Mason will be solid in net. Of course, when you have one emotionally fragile guy in net, the best thing to do is back him up with Ray Emery...

I keep hearing Bryz to the Pens floating around, which would be fucking hilarious and terrifying.

This is the Flyers so that will never happen, don't worry.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Hel-LO, Coach Roy! Welcome back to the NHL! :D

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I have to wonder if the NHL front office did the schedule this way just so the Leafs could say they had the best record in the league at some point during the season.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    NOOOO! The Caps claimed Urbom off of waivers.

Damn you, roster limit!

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Borommakot wrote: »
    NOOOO! The Caps claimed Urbom off of waivers.

Damn you, roster limit!

For a second there I thought that said Unborn. Add him to the list of names that make me think of other things, which is currently only occupied by Cal Clutterbuck.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    What's so different about goalie pads?

• Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    From the NHL.com site
    The previous rule, instituted prior to the 2010-11 season, was that a goalie's leg pads could not go higher on his leg than 55 percent of the distance between the center of his knee and his pelvis. So if a goalie's upper-leg measurement was 20 inches, which is roughly the average number in the NHL, the pad could not go higher than 11 inches above the center of his knee.

That number will now be 45 percent, so the same goalie will be able to wear a pad that goes no higher than 9 inches above his knee.

When it comes to closing the five hole, losing approximately 2 inches off each leg pad could result in 4 inches less coverage, depending on the style of the goaltender.

Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    WILD

KINGS

LET'S

PLAY

HOCKEY

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    What city are the Wild Kings from?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The state of Fuck you I got tickets to the Minnesota home opener

• Options
    So much for the Devils being scary.

They did show some offensive skill in flashes, though.

• Options
    The Devils are nothing if not consistent. Outshoot the other team and still lose by multiple goals.

• Options
    Well.. for the 10-15 minutes they were actually playing properly under Tort's new system the Canucks looked pretty good and entertaining against the Sharks.

Then they crumbled of course. Thanks to Lou it wasn't a blowout.

• Options
    The only thing interesting about the Canucks this year is what will happen when they play the Avs.

• Options
    Also the Sharks look really good. They'll be at/near the top until they crumble in the playoffs (again).

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Weretaco wrote: »
    Well.. for the 10-15 minutes they were actually playing properly under Tort's new system the Canucks looked pretty good and entertaining against the Sharks.

Then they crumbled of course. Thanks to Lou it wasn't a blowout.

it was a pretty miserable game, but the canucks have never been crash hot early on and when you're starting the opener in the building of a team that just swept you... tough draw. still. the defence was awful. edler turnovers i can swallow, but hamhuis? garrision? why you do this to me, dimi?

for whatever reason the canucks seem to be written off, like the sedins are a negligible factor, well past their prime... that it means nothing that kesler's healthy for the first time since before they went seven games against the bruins. as if they only ever excelled because of their weak division, and now that they're playing 'real' hockey they're a non-event

trust me. this is still a playoff team. i dunno about torts' system and how well it'll mesh, but the core's there and judging by the one wizardous goal last night, it can still bring the magic

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    what i hate slash what the difference is now is that where the canucks once had a fourth line charged by lapierre and some reliable energy, now you've got tom sestito and a bloke called dalphe? sitting on the bench for the whole game. that's not a winning strategy, i'm sorry. you can't win with three lines. with this crew you've gotta split santorelli and richardson up, at the very least until schroeder's healthy, and get something happening on that last line. even if it's just dale weise making a misguided attempt at a power move and then losing a scrap around the net.

tom sestito. fuck that idea.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    The Sedins are deteriorating but are still in the elite level.

Healthy Kessler is your biggest key. He is an absolute beast of a hockey player.

I have no idea where you're getting the idea that people are writing off the Canucks. I have not seen a single preview that doesn't have them making the dance.

• Options
    The only thing interesting about the Canucks this year is what will happen when they play the Avs.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    (it's an example of a sentiment i've seen a bit, but like all good hockey fans i have a helluva persecution complex)

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Reminder: We draft tomorrow at 6PM. So if you're going to sign up, do it soon and be ready for tomorrow night.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Please do because we desperately need more than six teams.

At least now I know I''ll be around to draft live tomorrow.

• Options
    what timezone? i might get in, but i'm in australia so i'll have to figure it out

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    also it looks like mason raymond might finally return to his 20+ goal form this year

for another god-damned team, fuck

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Eastern, so it's 9:00 am your time I think.

• Options
    9am monday?

!?

... good thing it's a public holiday. i'm in.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    I double check the time before joining, just to make sure.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    seems right. anyway, since this is happening, behold my hastily plagiarized and sloppily photoshopped team logo:
    dropbears_zps399cf0c8.png

sydney drop bears. we practice on the icy shores of manly beach. player compensation redeemable in beer cans.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    I approve.

Alternately you could use the drop bear from the PA comic from earlier in the year.

• Options
    eh. having survived a drop bear encounter or two, i prefer the slightly more realistic illustration i've misappropriated

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Torey Krug is a grown-ass man.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    my reward for being the only person here not autopicking at this stage is... last pick.

sC4Q4nq.jpg