As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Soviet Phalla - The Politburo Chamber

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Heh, just had an oh shit moment thinking through Howl's rules updates. The upshot of it is that we should have a plan in place for the contingency of Eri's verification not coming as soon as we'd like.

I highly recommend that if someone thinks of a counter to one of the village's plans, he not go blabbing about it in public. The revolutionaries may not think of it, and planning their strategies for them doesn't really help us out.

If, for some reason, Eri doesn't get validated, we can just use our next vision on her. It costs us a vision and a day's worth of network, which isn't horrible.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Heh, just had an oh shit moment thinking through Howl's rules updates. The upshot of it is that we should have a plan in place for the contingency of Eri's verification not coming as soon as we'd like.

I highly recommend that if someone thinks of a counter to one of the village's plans, he not go blabbing about it in public. The revolutionaries may not think of it, and planning their strategies for them doesn't really help us out.

If, for some reason, Eri doesn't get validated, we can just use our next vision on her. It costs us a vision and a day's worth of network, which isn't horrible.

A vision on Eri won't produce results. It'll read Special/Capitalist since she says she's a vote fixer.

I'm not giving details about what I think may happen but our current game plan seems to be to sit back and let Eri's plan go through. If it doesn't I'd like us to be prepared to take some action since sitting around is not to the villages favor.

Edit: *FACE PALM* Anybody want to kill Troy?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

A vision on Eri won't produce results. It'll read Special/Capitalist since she says she's a vote fixer.

I'm not giving details about what I think may happen but our current game plan seems to be to sit back and let Eri's plan go through. If it doesn't I'd like us to be prepared to take some action since sitting around is not to the villages favor.

Edit: *FACE PALM* Anybody want to kill Troy?

I agree with howl and RBB that we do need to stop the networks from being able to come forward with some impervious network that gives the innocents a like an 80% chance of winning the game. This is a pretty good way of doing it because the seering results aren't kept secret.

Putting forth a second vote that everyone gets also allows us to see more (hopefully) discussion going on in the main thread that we can research to find who we think to be a rebel. Most of us have been in the monster role before, my only time being the conversion that happened in MTV's game, but it does allow us some insight as to how we think they will act.

I may be providing some nice fodder for discussion later pending a question or two I've got to our narrators as it is. No guarantee though, and it probably won't be the fireworks I had the opportunity to set off last game.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

D'oh.

Apparently getting sleep didn't help. I'm still retarded.

I'm going to stop talking now.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007

D'oh.

Not necessarily. It's completely possible that if things don't work tomorrow, we may want to find out if she has any special power at all. It's possible she bluffed her way into this position with nothing more than a normal committee role in the game. If that's the case, it would actually be better for us to have her seered because she would be protected and 100% innocent. Even seering a KGB member means we should probably kill them since we just know they aren't one of the 35 normals.

Ardor on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ardor wrote: »

D'oh.

Not necessarily. It's completely possible that if things don't work tomorrow, we may want to find out if she has any special power at all. It's possible she bluffed her way into this position with nothing more than a normal committee role in the game. If that's the case, it would actually be better for us to have her seered because she would be protected and 100% innocent. Even seering a KGB member means we should probably kill them since we just know they aren't one of the 35 normals.

I don't see the sense in that. If she's lying, we should just kill her.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

If she seer'd as a regular Soviet, it would be dumb to kill her. It would not be dumb, however, to vote her out of the council and completely ignore everything she said from now on. I could also change her title to "Big Liar Poopy Pants," or something.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

If she seer'd as a regular Soviet, it would be dumb to kill her. It would not be dumb, however, to vote her out of the council and completely ignore everything she said from now on. I could also change her title to "Big Liar Poopy Pants," or something.

I mean, if she's lying about her power we don't seer her but rather just kill her.

However, this is all academic as she's almost certainly telling the truth.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I mean, if she's lying about her power we don't seer her but rather just kill her.

Well, we kinda can't until she gets voted out, anyway.

Agreed. But I like academics. :)

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Well, we kinda can't until she gets voted out, anyway.

Right, but we should be able to get her voted out easily in that case.

Agreed. But I like academics. :)

Me too.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You are all plotting rebellion against me?!

Grundlterror seems to be showing activity now, should we switch it to AcidSerra, or put up a third a candidate to confuse the rebels and make it even more unlikely they would try to interfere?

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I'm fine with killing AcidSerra instead. I think that it may be a little late at this point to go for a third candidate.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    At this point, you guys/gal can make the call as to whom you'd like to go after to verify Lady Eri. I'm going to attempt to stir up some debate in the main thread so we have something to analyze in terms of targets for executions, stakings and seerings. Right now, we have virtually nothing to work with other then some voting records for whom to put into power. Those records alone aren't worth much. Combined with some dissention, defense or debates we can find out in the normal thread can help us make something out of the voting records from yesterday.

I'll keep my thoughts public for the time being, we have nothing to lose by tapping the folks who aren't one of us in here that have a good head on their shoulders and the time to look for disrepancies and the like. In fact, I think we have more to gain by taking the debate outside. That's my personal opinion.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I'm fine with killing AcidSerra instead. I think that it may be a little late at this point to go for a third candidate.

The entire plan hinges around knowing exactly who should die, and how, and changing things around at this point makes that less likely. Neither AcidSerra nor GrundlTerror would be tremendous losses if they died, so I don't much care which of them is doomed. We can probably switch between them and not bugger up the works, but if we added an entirely third person, I think things would fall apart too easily. Directing the votes of 50 people is sort of like herding cattle.

Also, I agree with Ardor that debate should, in general, happen outside the Chamber. It kills any advantage the rebels may have from being on the inside.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think killing Grund will go a long way towards proving DA's allegiance. On the other hand, Acidserra is far more deserving of death.

But still, strategically, Grund is our best bet, I think.

In terms of seering, I'd like to seer either DarkPrimus or ElJeffe tonight. As long as we're intent on killing Grund, that is. If we don't kill Grund I want to seer DA.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    In terms of seering, I'd like to seer either DarkPrimus or ElJeffe tonight. As long as we're intent on killing Grund, that is. If we don't kill Grund I want to seer DA.

I suggest we kill AcidSerra and seer DA.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I suggest we kill AcidSerra and seer DA.
    I was just about to post something along these lines too. I'm feeling bad about killing Grund for no reason except that he's new and didn't post a lot during Round 0. (Of course, if there is a spy in our midst and Grund is also a spy, he may have told Grund to talk more this round to make him less suspicious).

What do the rest of you guys think? If we're going to kill Acidserra instead, I think the sooner we let the village know the better, because the later we wait the higher chance someone will miss that we switched it and mess it up.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I suggest that Lady Eri chooses somebody for the politiburo to seer. That way the capitalist(s) among us can't sway our decision.

Discussing among ourselves who to seer just invites the capitalist to mess with our heads.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    I suggest that Lady Eri chooses somebody for the politiburo to seer. That way the capitalist(s) among us can't sway our decision.

Discussing among ourselves who to seer just invites the capitalist to mess with our heads.

I think this is a good course of action, since she's exceedingly unlikely to be a rebel.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I get the impression she's trying to stay out of our business as much as possible. She's already expressed her desire that we pick someone from the Politburo; I think she's going to leave it up to us from there. Of course, she is welcome to show up and prove me wrong.

Rather than waiting too long and possibly running out of time, let's assume for a moment we'll be getting no more guidance. She originally suggested DarkPrimus. In a PM last night I suggested DA as an alternate possibility and she agreed that he'd be a decent choice. That's two that we know she would approve of.

EDIT: Okay, that's that then.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    DevoutelyApathetic, seer that rebel. Seer him good.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I get the impression she's trying to stay out of our business as much as possible. She's already expressed her desire that we pick someone from the Politburo; I think she's going to leave it up to us from there. Of course, she is welcome to show up and prove me wrong.

I don't think her "staying out of our business" is necessarily a good idea, since she's supposed to be the head of the council. I can see an argument for her not arrogantly throwing her weight around, but if the Politburo thinks it's in everyone's best interests for her to pick the target, that's sort of different.

That said, if we're going to pick the target ourselves, we have one of two options. We can try to seer someone who's been acting suspicious, or we can try to seer someone who would be a really strong asset to the council. It's hard to go the first route, because not enough has really happened to generate genuine suspicion. Going the second route would seem to naturally point to Ardor, who's sort of a persistent MVP in these games.

edit: Aaaaaand, never mind. :)

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Next question: does anyone object to killing AcidSerra instead of GrundlTerror?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I don't, especially if it will stop Grund from further spamming my inbox with grovel.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    I don't, especially if it will stop Grund from further spamming my inbox with grovel.

Let's do it, then.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    So we are asking the general populace to kill Acidserra, and we are seering DA.

Lady Eri, are you keeping who you plan to execute secret, or do you want some open discussion about it to occur?

EDIT: I just made the switch to Acidserra official. Hopefully none of you were hellbent on seeing Grund dead.

Also, just to throw a name out their for General Secretary execution: frandelgearslip.
    Smasher: We can't assume that the revolutionaries wouldn't be willing to sacrifice one of their own here. As it stands, they aren't immediately in contact with their seer. If one of them comes forward as a special, and is then denounced by a real special they not only have the name of a special, but are put into contact with their seer. This is a gain of 2, including a very important capitalist for the loss of one. I guess that's just a round-about way of saying trust no one.

damn, I hope to hell the capitalists did not figure that out. This just looks worse and worse. And now we are solely left with the trust that an idiot manipulator is not out there refusing to come forward and relying on the intelligence of people is not the safest bet.
    "I hope the capitalists don't figure that out"? Either he's stupid, or a stupid capitalist trying to act like a commie. Not to mention he keeps trying to throw some doubt on Lady Eri. I mean, this isn't a lot to go on, but I figure it can't hurt to put his name out there.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    So we are asking the general populace to kill Acidserra, and we are seering DA.

Lady Eri, are you keeping who you plan to execute secret, or do you want some open discussion about it to occur?

I think the plan is to have the general populace kill Gruntlterror, with AcidSerra 2 votes behind. Then Eri shifts the vote to Acid using her 1337 ballot-stuffing powrz, and he dies in Gruntl's stead.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I am going to retract my vote and keep in secret. If the rebels want to mess up the vote they are gonna have to use both of their kills. While I have tentatively agreed to kill AcidSerra I reserve the right to contact a few people I trust and switch the votes at the last minute if I think we are being manipulated. Does that seem like a decent plan. I really want the opportunity cost of messing with our verification to mean no one on the politiburo dies.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I am going to retract my vote and keep in secret. If the rebels want to mess up the vote they are gonna have to use both of their kills. While I have tentatively agreed to kill AcidSerra I reserve the right to contact a few people I trust and switch the votes at the last minute if I think we are being manipulated. Does that seem like a decent plan. I really want the opportunity cost of messing with our verification to mean no one on the politiburo dies.

That sounds good, I trust your judgment.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sounds good to me.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ok, so we're seering DA today, and Eri is going to choose one of the two at the last minute?

Sounds like a plan.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So the choices for seering are DevoutlyApathetic or myself?

Why don't we stick with those two, and just PM Votebox to investigate the one you are more suspicious of. If nothing else, we can seer the other on Night 2.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So the choices for seering are DevoutlyApathetic or myself?

Why don't we stick with those two, and just PM Votebox to investigate the one you are more suspicious of. If nothing else, we can seer the other on Night 2.

No, having two people was overruled because the capitalists could just vote for a third party. We should follow Lady Eri's suggestion.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    No, having two people was overruled because the capitalists could just vote for a third party. We should follow Lady Eri's suggestion.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sounds good to me. Should we send in the votes then?

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Sounds good to me. Should we send in the votes then?

Yeah. I've just sent mine.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ditto.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    "Seer: DevoutlyApathetic" sent to votebox.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Just sent mine in as well.

I guess we should tell the general populace we're seering DA, right?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I had a thought. If we spam the votebox with seer requests and retractions and it blows up. Do we win?

Ardor on