As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce Restored - Light Side / Rebel (Mafia) and Flarne/Ketbra Victory

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So what would have been the Empire's bonus for figuring out the Renew thing?

Imperial Navy effectiveness boost across the board. Doom Moon power increase.
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Yeah. When we first converted premium it was just because I knew he would betray me if he could; I think it was originally intended to let us add Rebel citizens to our team, which actually would've been okay if it wouldn't. We tried to convert the Hammer Bros, but that didn't work out, and asked about you only to have Obi go "oh, that's not cool."

So we ended up using it to make real sure of potential Padawans instead.

I was honestly surprised that the Sith seemed to have so little luck with trainees; was it a matter of us severing people or what?

Both Bedlam and capfalcon approached multiple sith about finding a master, none of them did anything about it. Two of the empire force sensitives found masters. One with Darth Radical and the other with Emperor Dewitt. Both died very quickly.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Hey @ObiFett -- who survived from the Dark Side? Are there any characters left to carry on the fight, or is this the end of the series?

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    HA! I just read thru some things... I originally had in orders to kill Vanmeer (Typhus) the day he was converted to Nion's apprentice! Damn probe droids distracting me!

Obi, how did that whole Rule of Two thing work out? I'm guessing Nion had 1 day to get rid of his Master after taking an apprentice, and since he didn't he got taken out by the Rule of Two (aka breaking it)? Or was it cause I attacked Grumpus and he blocked? Both? Seemed like Both.

Nion took on an apprentice, which basically gave him the chance to train him up and then take him with him when he tried to rise against CesareB and kill him, which would have allowed him to try to replace the Dark Lord without putting himself in danger (Nion's apprentice would have died instead). Nion's apprentice, in turn, had the ability to replace Nion once he got to a certain force level and could train in secret which could give him the element of surprise in trying to replace Nion.

It was all very back-stabby and Rule of Two like.

Nion died because you attacked CesareB and the way the Rule works is that the Master is safe from all attacks because his apprentice dies instead of him.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    So how did Radical take an apprentice?

One of the Day 1 events turned citizens into people who could take on a mentor. It's not in the Jedi / Sith roles but in the Citizen ones.

I meant I didn't see a "teach" ability in his role, but it sounds like any force user could teach a sensitive?.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

One of the Day 1 events turned citizens into people who could take on a mentor. It's not in the Jedi / Sith roles but in the Citizen ones.

I meant I didn't see a "teach" ability in his role, but it sounds like any force user could teach a sensitive?.
    I picked it up as an ability after I got the apprentice. It wasn't in the initial PM.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    So what was the use of credits for bounty hunters? I could spend 400/day on those utterly useless probes... And that's it? I would have thought my secondary win to be more like "be the most successful living bounty hunter" rather than just last alive

Credit totals were all over the place for BHs and I should have balanced that better to give the feel that you were living bounty to bounty.

I thought about giving secondary wincons of having the most cash to the BHs but decided not to for fear it would weaken the Empire too much.
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Oh I know, but I managed to use them a grand total of three times, getting both killed and getting only one useful seer off and that was a light/rebel seering

If I'd known they were neplaceable I would have used them more

Yeah, sorry I didn't make that more clear. I sent you a PM after your Droid got destroyed explaining that you could make a new account for your newly deployed droid that was replacing the destroyed one.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    The 3k boost did make it so that credits were essentially irrelevant to me yeah

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013

Darthnotagudguy(Premium) was converted to the light side of the Force. I will give him access to this board once he is notified.

Auralynx now has a Padawan!
    You can choose to do one of the following actions per day:
    Train: Teach your padawan how to use the force. Increase his Alignment level by 2. This is a POST POWER. This power is used by posting a 4+ letter word that is a synonym of “Teach”. Targeting is done by mentioning the player’s name or quoting the target in the same post the POST POWER is used. PM the host containing a link or quote to the power use when using this power. POST POWER posts cannot be edited.
    Mentor: Only useable if your padawan is at Force Connection 5 or higher. If you die in the Galactic Conflict this cycle, your padawan becomes a Master, inheriting all your powers, and you become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
    Mission: Take your padawan on your next mission. You are immune to the first force-attack made against you and can not be hurt by non-force attacks. Any Force Struggle powers you use become TRUE.

True turned out to mean it could hit through guards. I don't think it ended up being relevant but it might've, there were a couple times I used Mission.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Hey @ObiFett -- who survived from the Dark Side? Are there any characters left to carry on the fight, or is this the end of the series?

Yeah, lots of Dark Siders continued on, but no Sith. I definitely plan on continuing it, but will probably not kill myself with insane mechanics like this game. FOUR HOURS of bookkeeping + narration + update PMs was a little much. But the idea of it all just sounded SO FUN to play in and I really wanted to give you guys that.

In the future, I plan on keeping it more simple with 1 main featured mechanic in each mini and then re-feature those mechanics (reworked) in the main. Based on how this game turned out my initial thoughts on the minis in the next mini-series are:

1) Something with Leader Tandar El/Empire/Death Moon versus Rebellion (battle game maybe?)
    2) Something about the reformation of the Sith
    3) Something about the many Force Voids that are out there.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    oh yeah who contacted me looking for a target like day 2?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Yeah, lots of Dark Siders continued on, but no Sith. I definitely plan on continuing it, but will probably not kill myself with insane mechanics like this game. FOUR HOURS of bookkeeping + narration + update PMs was a little much. But the idea of it all just sounded SO FUN to play in and I really wanted to give you guys that.

In the future, I plan on keeping it more simple with 1 main featured mechanic in each mini and then re-feature those mechanics (reworked) in the main. Based on how this game turned out my initial thoughts on the minis in the next mini-series are:

1) Something with Leader Tandar El/Empire/Death Moon versus Rebellion (battle game maybe?)

I could see a rework of my Airport stuff involving the smugglers and / or bounty hunters being reasonable and maybe even fun this time.

• Options

I could see a rework of my Airport stuff involving the smugglers and / or bounty hunters being reasonable and maybe even fun this time.

If you (or anyone) wants to take the fluff plus the concept of naming and continuing characters and run with it for a mini, that would be great too. @Matev's Mandalorian mini gave this game three great roles.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Probably me. I sent out feelers to everyone on Hoth just to mess with people since I could see you but you couldn't see me.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »

Probably me. I sent out feelers to everyone on Hoth just to mess with people since I could see you but you couldn't see me.

How on earth did I get on that list, then?

• Options
    if you ever posted on Hoth, had a bounty on you, or placed a bounty, you were on my list.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

I totally want something about Obi Fett ruthlessly trying to track down smugglers, cause it's a matter of professional pride dammit

Also, I wouldn't mind running another Star Wars mini at some point, that was definitely a fun time.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »

How on earth did I get on that list, then?

Probe droid on Hoth

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Ah, so the Bounty Hunters had the Probe droids, not the Sith.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, we had jack shit. At least as far as I know.

The emperor could link names across forums, but that was it.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Ah, so the Bounty Hunters had the Probe droids, not the Sith.

Well, the Empire had spies through Chester Foss.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    At least my death narration for guarding your thin hide was awesome.
    My plan backfired with everyone jumping to try and kill you. I was pretty sure you weren't darkside Invic, but the usefulness of a Seer was what I was aiming for. Not trying to stick my neck out. Which reminds me why I never do that.

I die.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Villagers are supposed to stick their neck out and die.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I was so hoping that an actual network would form up from Invictus's seering, since when he seered me I actually was still dark

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well I had fun Obi! It was ambitious of you and it was large, but for my part all I really did was focus on Space so it wasn't too confusing for me

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Villagers are supposed to stick their neck out and die.

I wasn't a villager. I was Sith Lord Reptilious.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    premium wrote: »
    I was so hoping that an actual network would form up from Invictus's seering, since when he seered me I actually was still dark

I didn't seer you. Saber did.

EDIT: to be clear, no one who talked to 'Invictus' on the proboards was ever talking to me. They were talking to Saber. Saber was Chester Foss, I was Arba-Arba'Hei, operating in coordination with Saber after he was removed from the Force.

Invictus on
  • Options
    Saber had like 6 different handles throughout the game and pretended to be different people with each of them. It was pretty great.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    YES!!!

Pretty much all I wanted was to have my dude live on. I got a little nervous after getting converted but then again I was on langly's team so... (I think Ive only been mafia with him thrice, and never lost in when we were mafia together)

Weird that there were dark force users that could have taken me on but chose not to do anything with it. I was so happy to get a CYOA event that let me do somthign since I was basically useless at the begining.

Which pretty much mirrors how my last obi game went, start out pretty much useless and then get awesome by the end of it. Which Is why I kept with it in the first place! Woo!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    stupid phone posting in an airport

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    hehe starwars themed; my boyfriend is getting lasik surgery done tomorrow. He is not calling it lasik surgery but a death star to the face.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Remind him to take his valium before he goes because you do not want to be freaking out during the procedure.

• Options
    He knows.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    I mean, I did the procedure without valium because I forgot it at home but I imagine taking the valium would have made the experience more fun.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    well at least I have a long list of fresh grudges now.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

This. Haven't played since April and I get Day 1'd by my own faction who has my name and refuses to contact me

Frustrating as hell

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ouch. That is unfortunate.

• Options
    Sweet Jebus.

That's feud material, there.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

This. Haven't played since April and I get Day 1'd by my own faction who has my name and refuses to contact me

Frustrating as hell

What, how did this happen?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Ringo wrote: »

Frustrating as hell

we didn't have your name. We had your GC handle. It wouldn't have kept us from hitting you unless we had literally just gone "what is your PA name"

Langly on