Options

[PS Vita] - Ys sir, can I Ys have some more?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    If you think people not touching Skullgirls is bad, you should see people's reaction to Arcana Heart 3. Now that is a game with utterly fantastic game mechanics and some of the best character homages, and so many people won't go near the damn thing.

The Homing button/system, which makes you fly towards your opponent, turns the ground into lava, and makes it an aerial combat game with actual mid-air control. And the Arcana system which allows you to customize half of your characters' supers, their bonus/special attack properties (things like extra clashing, or magnetism, knockback, etc.), and how often they can defensive burst out of 23 choices opens up myriads of tactical and play-style options and completely eliminates the very concept of a hard counter.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Cade wrote: »
    Hot Shots Golf is worth the Vita itself.

So rela...in the sand, what the hell.

Hot Shots be a harsh mistress.

Nail a 150 yd chip in- supreme elation

Hit a 30 yd putt that looks good, only to have the ball skirt the edge of the hole and roll off the green and into the sand- FFffffffffffffff

Just like real golf! Why just this past week, I witnessed one guy and his pal out golfing. The first hit his beautifully onto the green, where it rolled easily to a stop mere feet from the hole. His friend, looking no less competent, completely whiffed the hit and it went into the rough a couple hundred feet from the green.

I'm sure one of them wasn't just incredibly better than the other. I think golf is just a bastard that likes to play with your emotions.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    XSEED posted a teaser with three hidden announcements, saying PSP, Vita and PS3 fans will be happy:

11472268285_e5226d3341_z.jpg

And people have already figured out that the top left one is Senran Kagura Vita, the right one is Akiba's Trip 2 (PS3/Vita) and that leaves the bottom left one for the PSP game.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Hey, the silliness is over and threads are back.

Got my Waterfield Vita case, it is all the swag I expected and more. And then I got a bit silly and downloaded FFX HD from the JP PSN to my Vita TV and now I'm contemplating getting PS+ for cloud saves as I download it to my JP Vita. This is the biggest lark but whatever.
    XSEED posted a teaser with three hidden announcements, saying PSP, Vita and PS3 fans will be happy:

11472268285_e5226d3341_z.jpg

And people have already figured out that the top left one is Senran Kagura Vita, the right one is Akiba's Trip 2 (PS3/Vita) and that leaves the bottom left one for the PSP game.

Extreme bottom left? Because the X area is definitely Corpse Party.

Edit: oh, yeah, my eyes completely glossed over the fact that the other mysteries are silhouettes. So yeah, I'm guessing the extreme bottom left. No idea there, but shoutouts to Corpse Party I guess.

bss on
    3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Amazon! Why must you not be shipping my 16 GB memory card? Why?!

Oh hey look Hot Shots and Lumines for the Vita are cheap on Amazon.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    They still haven't shipped yours yet Doc? Mine should be here today!

• Options
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    They still haven't shipped yours yet Doc? Mine should be here today!

No! :'(

• Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    I'm thinking about buying a 64 gb card with funds from Christmas; if I did, could anyone here use a free 16 gb card? First PM gets it.

3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    Koldanar wrote: »
    I'm thinking about buying a 64 gb card with funds from Christmas; if I did, could anyone here use a free 16 gb card? First PM gets it.

Way to be classy @Koldanar! I'd consider asking, but I should have my first card on the way soon/eventually.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Way to be classy @Koldanar! I'd consider asking, but I should have my first card on the way soon/eventually.
    Yeah, that's pretty awesome, man. I just ordered my 16GB card last night, and I am really looking forward to it.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Has there been ANY word on a US release for the 64gb cards? Seriously I'm waiting on Sony to say something, so that I don't order one from an importer and then find out that they are going to be released in the US a week later and 20 bucks cheaper.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    Has there been ANY word on a US release for the 64gb cards? Seriously I'm waiting on Sony to say something, so that I don't order one from an importer and then find out that they are going to be released in the US a week later and 20 bucks cheaper.

I've been checking everywhere I can, and all I could find was that someday we would be getting it. Nothing concrete, and I am not known for my patience!

3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    I admit, I'm amused that a Hulu app for the Vita was announced Summer 2012 and we don't have it yet. Same for the Amazon video app.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It doesn't bother me so much since I have an iPad, but it must be really frustrating for those who don't.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Last I looked we Didn't even have Netflix in the uk.

Still, I have enough devices that play Netflix and too few that play soul sacrifice and dragons crown.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Alright

Dragon's Crown is pretty fucking cool

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The great thing about Dragons Crown on Vita is you can ignore a lot of the booby art, since the screen is so small. Most of the time there's so much on screen that even the Sorceresses tits are hidden. But then you go to the magic item store and booooobs.

After being told by numerous retailers that MGS HD collection was sold out everywhere I managed to snag a copy today. Booted up Sons of Liberty... And remembered its a PS2 game and the controls are terrible. This one will have to wait for a time when I'm starved for games I think.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    As much as I love MGS2 I can't get behind the Vita version's controls at all

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I do recall the ps2 version having wonky controls, but the vita feels even worse.

On another note, ys:celceta is superb, although I wish I started on hard rather than normal.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I wish they'd go back and change all the MGS games to use MGS4's controls, which were actually quite decent. I want to play MGS3 again, but 4 has spoiled me beyond the ability to play it.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    MGS2 on Vita takes a little work, but by the end I was into it. I especially liked the touch-to-open item windows. Managed to clear Extreme and all the VR Missions on the Vita, that took some serious effort. I'm certain they lowered the required button hits for Solidus' torture scenes, because those were controller destroying hard in the original game. :P

MGS3 works much better due to the free camera controls. And after playing through MGS2 and 3 again, go experience the joys of having to relearn the MGS4/Peace Walker control scheme!

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Where does the Vita store the save files for Vita games? When I go to back up games to my computer I can find save games for PSP games, but not for Vita games.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Where does the Vita store the save files for Vita games? When I go to back up games to my computer I can find save games for PSP games, but not for Vita games.

(Spooky voice): Nooobody knowwws... there are only two ways to kind of... interact with your saves on Vita. The first is Content Manager, which should (I haven't tried) permit you to back them up to your PC, and will (if you have PS+) let you upload them to cloud storage. Keep in mind, the only way to get the saves back from the PS+ cloud or your PC is through Content Manager, on the Vita itself.

The second is simply deleting the game associated with the saves. It doesn't delete just the game and leave the saves - it deletes the game and the saves.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

World invitational is pretty fun, despite the lack of pantsu or whatever they call 'em. Currently my most played game.

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    I've finished Sorcery Saga. My only real complaint with the game is that the dungeon crawling needed more variety, and that led to me getting some good gear and running over the second half of the story. There's some post-game dungeon with 250 floors or something but I just don't have the patience for that. Pretty decent game though, the characters were lots of fun and the core game was good, it just got worn out.

Now I need to decide what to play in addition to Ys until Danganronpa drops.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    legionlegion North YorkRegistered User regular
    PS4 remote play was the only reason I wanted a Vita for Christmas. Now that I have it though, I own more Vita games than I do PS4, and I'm sinking more time into playing the Vita than anything else. How the hell does that happen? It's killer little system, that's how.

Now, on to Dragon's Crown!

• Options
    I feel like Dragon's Crown zooms out far too much on the Vita, hard to follow where I actually am in all the action.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    legion wrote: »
    PS4 remote play was the only reason I wanted a Vita for Christmas. Now that I have it though, I own more Vita games than I do PS4, and I'm sinking more time into playing the Vita than anything else. How the hell does that happen? It's killer little system, that's how.

Now, on to Dragon's Crown!

Exactly the same for me. I told my fiancee to get me one for Christmas so I could remote play my PS4 when she was watching her shows. Now I've got 8 games for my Vita and only 2 for my PS4, and whenever I find myself alone with time to kill, I pick up my Vita rather than boot up my PS4.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    I feel like Dragon's Crown zooms out far too much on the Vita, hard to follow where I actually am in all the action.

I find it difficult if I've a large-ish party but I've been tending to go it alone in the game (other than one or two bosses that require you to finish them off quickly) so I've never had much of an issue.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Is there a downside to always grabbing 3 henchmen? Because the only time I tried to go it alone was one of the first quests and got utterly trashed and since then I've always taken a full party. I find it adds more to the DnD feel when you've got a varied group, plus the awesome touch of a rogue that appears on command.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Monster health/damage scales up somewhat based on the number of simultaneous players. So ideally if you're going to go full-party you'll want either really geared AI or play online with actual humans.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

The saves are stored as part of the app. If you back up a game to PC that has a save file, you'll find the save by going into the "PS Vita\APP\[account]\[game]\savedata" folder on your PC.

Make sure you back up games before you delete them, whether by PS+ or backing up the entire game to PC/PS3.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    So far I've generally had AI partners higher levelled than me, so it's worked out well. I'm also only playing on Normal difficulty, so I don't see it becoming too much of a problem.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

The second is simply deleting the game associated with the saves. It doesn't delete just the game and leave the saves - it deletes the game and the saves.

I want to twist the nipples off of whoever thought that was a good idea. I lost my entire Katamari save when I switched from physical to digital and deleted the old physical version icon. Why not a simple pop-up when deleting the icon that asks if you want to delete the icon, the saves or both, instead of just nuking everything.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    That's good to know. I've deleted a few games from my Vita, but only games that I didn't like and probably won't play again. I'll make sure I back up what I have left.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

I want to twist the nipples off of whoever thought that was a good idea. I lost my entire Katamari save when I switched from physical to digital and deleted the old physical version icon. Why not a simple pop-up when deleting the icon that asks if you want to delete the icon, the saves or both, instead of just nuking everything.

Yep.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options

The sony approved answer is no doubt, "Buy more memory cards. Never delete anything."

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    My god I bought Virtues Last Reward at launch, with the watch, just like 999.

And just like 999 I played 8 hours of it and quit for about a year.

And now I've put 30ish hours in over 3 days and can't stop and oh god why didn't I play this sooner.

The third one is being made, right? Don't let me do this again. Im not done with VLR yet but I already want more. Its all just starting to come together...

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    yes, the third one is being made (and you will want it so bad when you see the complete ending of VLR)

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    There is a third one being made to conclude the series, and I do believe they've said that just because this particular thing is ending, that doesn't mean they won't continue to make those types of games. I imagine "Zero Escape" is a branding now that they intend on using.

Please god, let them keep using "Zero Escape" as a branding for games.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
This discussion has been closed.