As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars X-Wing] Wave 7 and New Core in stores! PA Vassal League Season 3 now forming!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    My brother and a friend play this game. I've been considering on and off getting into it, but neither the rebels or Imperials appeal to me as a force to collect. Then Slave 1 came out and I just about got into the game with it and a few Tie Fighters, but the Tie Fighters threw me off. I noticed that not only is Slave 1 available, but so is the Moldy Crow! I loved the Jedi Knight games. Then I saw the YT-2400 is out! Then looking through the collection for more piratey stuff, I saw the M3-A.

Can I make a list out of those? BEcause if I can, it'd probably push me over the edge to have a token force to have games with.

I don't think they've announced any expansions for the YT-2400 or the 1300 to be working with the Scum and Villainy faction, but you can certainly have Slave 1 flying with a HWK as a wingman and a Scyk on point (once the Scum and Villainy: Most Wanted expansion comes out).

Of course, if you're playing friendly games, then you can play whatever you want (so long as your opponent agrees).

• Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    @Stationary - sorry, I am going to have to drop out of our planned game tonight. Some stuff has come up with the kids (nothing serious so don't worry). Maybe @Rend could play you if he is still without a partner and you can figure out a good time?

@crimsoncoyote - may be best if you remove me from the league for now. I may be able to pick up a game here and there but probably best not to schedule me for anything. Sorry about that.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Not a problem, things happen!

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    There's a plano tackle box I've got my eye on that could store basically all my X-wing stuff.

I'm just a little hesitant to throw down 3 ships worth of money on storage.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Up up to three cases. Two Plano boxes that I had lying around for my ships, then a shoe box for all the bits and pieces that go along with playing the game.

I'm tempted to get one of the big 4 bay rolling Plano cases and making custom foam for it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My CF SS gift arrived last night. It was FOUR xwing minis (all of the ones from my wish list). Thank you Khade97.

2x z95
    1 E-wing
    1 Tie Defender (for Predator, and a 2nd Outmaneuver)

Since my kids had just finished watching the Lego Movie I kept saying SPACESHIIIIIIIIIIIIIP! while opening them. There may have been a video taken by my wife.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    I hope this video is on the internet soon

• Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but official release date for the YT-2400 and the Decimator is 11/26. Your FLGS might have it a day or two sooner.

Also, I'm hoping to finally update the OP over the weekend with the ships that have been released since then.

• Options
    I want both so bad.

I'm setting aside $120 this paycheck so when the new models hit shelves I can walk in and be all "I want this, and this and this....".

• Options
    I already preordered the YT-2400, so I'll definitely be going to pick that up next week.
    I didn't preorder the Decimator (it was unable to be preordered at the time), so I'm really tempted to grab that as well... on the other hand, my wife asked me to run my x-wing purchases by her since she may be getting me things as gifts...

• Options
    I'm currently watching an ebay listing for pretty much every rebel ship right now. I want it sooo bad.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, yesterday I missed what was probably my only chance to play my match with @webguy20‌
    I think I should bow out of this tournament, it's just too hard to find a chance to play. I'll try to play if anyone's looking for a one-off match but I can't manage the tournament. Sorry all, sorry webguy.

• Options
    dfsgfdsfdfsgfdsf Registered User new member
    This is probably the best game that several people at my FLGS always talk about but never play (myself included).93.gif

• Options
    Not a problem @AnteCantelope‌

@Stationary‌ and @webguy20‌ could hook up for games, but I happen to know Stationary will be busy (unless he wants to use my laptop).

I'll get an updated roster/matchups up when I have some time today. The next "week" will last for 2 whole weeks due to holidays

• Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    Yeah I'll be out of town playing arcade games and pinball for two days. If I have time at the hotel to get online and play a game I would be down but I can't commit to anything.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Stationary wrote: »
    Yeah I'll be out of town playing arcade games and pinball for two days. If I have time at the hotel to get online and play a game I would be down but I can't commit to anything.

Having fun on your weekend? For shame. We can play our makeup game next week if that works.

webguy20 on
  • Options
    If anyone is local to the South Jersey/Philadelphia area (or will be there over the holiday weekend), this is going on NEXT Saturday (11/29).

https://www.facebook.com/events/1548357558740153/

We're playing for the Winter Kit, but for every toy you bring to donate to Toys for Tots, you'll be given a raffle ticket to win some cool prizes in between rounds.

We have INCREDIBLE raffle prize support from KR Multicase, including four different cases with foam.

• Options
    Week 1 of the PA Vassal league is ending tonight. That means "week" 2 begins tomorrow.

Week 2 will last for 2 weeks starting Sunday

Here are the matchups:

@TehSloth v @Ingram
    @Stationary v @Elvenshae
    @webguy20 v @crimsoncoyote
    @Sokpuppet v @Rend

(I'd make the post more fancy, but I'm phone posting right now)

• Options
    @Crimsoncoyote when would be good for you to play?

Also I have a question about a card... The key part being "Action: As a free action perform a barrel roll, then remove target lock". do I get to do this and another action, or is this my action?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

Also I have a question about a card... The key part being "Action: As a free action perform a barrel roll, then remove target lock". do I get to do this and another action, or is this my action?

Your Action that turn is to play the card. The card gives you a free barrel roll action, then removes a Target Lock.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »

Definitely not tomorrow. I'll PM you when I am free as soon as I know.

Speaking of tomorrow, that tournament is tomorrow. That should be quite fun. I got more practice in with that shuttle/defender/interceptor build, so I'm mostly confident in flying it. I just need to figure out how to deal with phantoms a bit better

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @webguy20‌

Also, webguy, Expert Handling has some errata, which you can find here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-FAQ-low-res.pdf
    This card should read:

“Action: Perform a free barrel roll action. If you do not
    have the [barrel roll] action icon, receive 1 stress token. You
    may then remove 1 enemy target lock from your ship.”

• Options
    I know it's late, but is anyone down to run me through some Vassal?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

@MNC Dover

Still looking for some assistance?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

@MNC Dover

Still looking for some assistance?

Sure, on Vassal now. What's your name on it?

Edit: Actually, it's kind of late so I'll pass. Maybe sometime tomorrow. :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Elvenshae!

• Options
    @MNC Dover

Are you Casey?

• Options
    Nope, I'm ben. Probably should change that though.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Thanks for the walkthrough tonight Elven. We'll pick this up another time.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Sweet! I just got my shipping notification from miniature market that my order with rebel aces, and decimator has just shipped!

• Options
    nice! I'm hoping my local shops get the Decimator and YT-2400. I just picked up an interceptor and Imperial aces set. So many interceptors and cards now.

• Options
    so @crimsoncoyote and I played in a local tournament today and got pretty soundly beat, I went 1-3 and two of those games were not even close. One of my games came down to time limit with me leading in points and my opponent needing to kill my cloaked range 3 phantom who was at 2 hull. He rolled 3 hits and I rolled 1 evade with 5 dice. It was a bummer.

Overall a really cool time, it was really interesting to see what other people run (oh my god so many B-wing squads) I also got a plastic cloak token and 3 alternate cards for Academy Pilot and Scimitar Squadron.

• Options
    I too went 1-3. My third game was a crippling 0-98 point loss (I only ran 98 points). My win was solid, but other than that I did some shoddy flying.

My last game came down to a die roll I feel, even though I flew poorly to start. The kicker? My opponent was running nearly the same squad as I was. Ships were all the same, but one of her pilots was different, and the loadouts were slightly different (she had a ps1 defender with hlc, a few additional things on the shuttle, and a couple different mods on Soontir).

I'm disappointed in myself for flying terribly, but I still had a good time.

I think 6 of the 10 entrants flew rebel swarms. The other 4 imperial squads were a tie-fighter/interceptor swarm, and @Stationary's Whisper+miniswarm, and 2 of my build

• Options
    You know, @crimsoncoyote‌, a 2-3 all-time record with a squad ain't bad ... :D

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    That is a lot of rebel swarms.
    Wonder if we're back to the basic BBXX meta which pushed the Falcon out in the first place. Hmmm.

• Options
    Well... A lot of BBXX squads will get torn apart by Phantom lists. I think Wave 5 is also going to shake things up a bit. In addition to the ships, there are a lot of good upgrades coming with it too.

We have a tournament on Saturday. I'm pumped to see what lists people bring.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    At worlds three of my six matches were against FalconZZZ (Han Snoozes First?)
    Falcon lists have become waaaaay more problematic and common than Phantoms.
    BBXXZ has enough firing arcs and enough durability to cope with Whisper, if well managed.

Wave 5 should be fascinating.

One ship I think we will be seeing a lot more of in the future is the E-wing.

Corran (or Etahn)
    R2-D2
    PtL
    Advanced Sensors
    Engine Upgrade

punches well above weight. I had a gentleman from Mexico absolutely hand me my ass with this ship. I had hot dice and took out his Han in 2 turns of shooting with minimal losses, leaving me with PS10 Brath, an untouched interceptor, and an untouched Academy Pilot. These three together could not put a damn scratch in Corran. It was brutal.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    My first match was against an e wing with Corran piloting, he got one range two shot against whisper and between that and his end phase attack killed whisper on turn 3.

Granted he rolled well and I did not but 6 dice is a lot either way and honestly as soon as it gets to "I hope I roll well defensively" your probably in a bad way.

• Options
    I like Corran a lot, but he is quite pricey. All you need to do is get into a good spot with him once or twice, so you can throw ALL THE DICE and then run away for a turn, then hook back in for yet another great turn.

One of the biggest things I learned yesterday? Lambda shuttles go down INCREDIBLY fast when focused at range 1-2. I let myself get surrounded way too easily and it blew up in 2 turns with nearly no response.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Sokpuppet on