Options

[GTA5] Old thread, ready to lock.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Your don't even have to hold the button. Tapping it triggers the cinematic camera then you just tap the analog stick to switch the views.

Re the headset. I bought one that has independent sliders for the chat and game volume as my monitor has no speakers. It's worked fine for game volume but I've yet to try the voice chat. It's a Turtlebeach Psomething.

ive got a MW3 branded turtle beach something or other that i picked up at target on clearance for something like $30-40 that i really like. its got an amp with independent game/chat volume controls and also a separate bass volume. theyre real nice, especially for the price. i think thats more than allforce was looking to spend.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    ROCKSTAR SOCIAL CLUB / WE ARE NICE GUYS / WANG ANNOUNCEMENTS

1) Hierarchy
    Crew ranking now means something.
    * If you are Muscle ("one bar"), you have not been verified and are at risk of being kicked.
    * If you are a Representative ("two bars"), you are a verified member of the PA community.
    * Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send somebody at the top a PM, or @ us in the thread.

2) If you're in the Club and haven't filled out this form, you're at risk of being kicked. The following people in particular need to fill this out: Artheleron, Cleveralias, Dragonkias, mistereeh, Vanzur, VikingsRage. @ me when you've done that, please.

3) If you've submitted a request to join the Club and haven't filled out this form, you're at risk of being ignored.

4) We've sent out invites to registered requests. Please check the Rockstar Social Club and @ me when you've accepted so I can promote you to Representative.

5) The following people have filled out one of the forms, but aren't in the Crew. Please check your Rockstar Social Club for invites, or re-request an invite and @ me.
    @bamelin
    @Boosterburn
    @DocSamson
    @downer
    @jimb213
    @John Zoidberg
    @Klemming
    @Kreutz
    @LCDXX
    @Mr Bubbles
    @Nickle
    @Silmaril
    @The Listener
    @Top Rate

Whew.

Here is the Club roster as it stands right now.

@jdarksun Invite accepted, thanks!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Now THIS is how you do a police chase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcTdBgA3Bkg

So epic. :o
    Agreed.

Zilla360 wrote: »
    Stop FIRING ROCKETS at my HOUSE!

*blinks* How...how in the hell do you plan for that?

Oh wait, you hand the game over to previous GTA players and just watch what they do and then respond to it. Makes sense.

Hence the origin of Scooter Brothers too.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Yeah I got a dedicated 5.2 setup so no need for headphones.

Thanks for the link jdark, that's just what I'm looking for

• Options
    headphones are pretty nice if you live with other people who might not want to listen to your games at midnight or whatever. but thats not the situation for everyone.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    ROCKSTAR SOCIAL CLUB / WE ARE NICE GUYS / WANG ANNOUNCEMENTS

1) Hierarchy
    Crew ranking now means something.
    * If you are Muscle ("one bar"), you have not been verified and are at risk of being kicked.
    * If you are a Representative ("two bars"), you are a verified member of the PA community.
    * Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send somebody at the top a PM, or @ us in the thread.

2) If you're in the Club and haven't filled out this form, you're at risk of being kicked. The following people in particular need to fill this out: Artheleron, Cleveralias, Dragonkias, mistereeh, Vanzur, VikingsRage. @ me when you've done that, please.

3) If you've submitted a request to join the Club and haven't filled out this form, you're at risk of being ignored.

4) We've sent out invites to registered requests. Please check the Rockstar Social Club and @ me when you've accepted so I can promote you to Representative.

5) The following people have filled out one of the forms, but aren't in the Crew. Please check your Rockstar Social Club for invites, or re-request an invite and @ me.
    @bamelin
    @Boosterburn
    @DocSamson
    @downer
    @jimb213
    @John Zoidberg
    @Klemming
    @Kreutz
    @LCDXX
    @Mr Bubbles
    @Nickle
    @Silmaril
    @The Listener
    @Top Rate

Whew.

Here is the Club roster as it stands right now.

@jdarksun Invite accepted.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    headphones are pretty nice if you live with other people who might not want to listen to your games at midnight or whatever. but thats not the situation for everyone.

I have a separate pair for my PC and ps3. Thanks to @croakerbc for the wireless ones i use on my leptospirosis and PC!

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    @jdarksun I have filled out forms.

I was also selling the stock I had purchased on everyone before doing an assassination. I ended up in Franklin right next to where I had just been Trevor. Trevor sort of freaks out with, "Are you following me!? We'd better hang out or else this'd be weird." So then I made it more weird by taking him to the strip club.

Also, lung capacity must be the most tedious skill to raise. Especially since I haven't actually found anything to do underwater yet. But maybe I should stop swimming near the pier at midnight.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Whew. Finally finished the story.
    Now I can move on to one of the other many games I haven't played yet. :P

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Scoooooooter! Brothers!

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    @jdarksun Invite accepted. Much appreciated.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    Have you all been paying attention to the GTA 5 post game conspiracy stuff? I'm actually intrigued.

Post game spoilers in the link.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/430910/blog/gta-5-help-us-solve-the-games-big-hidden-conspiracy-potential-spoilers/

• Options
    skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    i've been reading too much forum, not sure if i need to post here to apply to WANG. i filled out the form and submitted via the Social Club. 360 user here.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    That investing thing didn't work. My brother did the Redwood Assassination and he lost money doing the steps in that link above.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I just had a cut to Trevor yesterday that made me laugh pretty hard at the absurdity of it all.

Trevor is holding some a random black guy above his head and tosses him off a bridge.

He says something along the lines of "That will teach you to be a prejudiced asshole"

• Options
    Prejudiced against Canadians. The worst sin imaginable.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    That investing thing didn't work. My brother did the Redwood Assassination and he lost money doing the steps in that link above.

Be wary about investing on the BAWSAQ - it's not 100% functional yet. LCN investments are totally predictable and safe.

Ed also would folks object to adding based on region n console on that google doc? Maybe Social Club will make it unnecessary, but there's only 5 or so fellow PS3 Euro folks, may as well buddy up. :p

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Have you all been paying attention to the GTA 5 post game conspiracy stuff? I'm actually intrigued.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/430910/blog/gta-5-help-us-solve-the-games-big-hidden-conspiracy-potential-spoilers/

whoa thats pretty cool

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Trevor strikes me as the living embodiment of the phrase "I'm not a racist. I hate everybody equally.".

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I just want to give Trevor a big hug.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »

That is how you could very well lose a limb or two

Monster Hunter Tri code/username: 1MF42Z (Morda)
    WiiU Username: MordaRazgrom
    Steam Username: MordaRazgrom
    WoW/Diablo 3 Battlenet Battletag: MordaRazgrom#1755
    Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    You can hug him, you just have to make sure you have something in your pocket.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I also liked the one where you cut to Trevor and he's in Wade's cousin's bed spooning him.

He has the best transitions.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    the things you find in the countryside.
    BYvyj87.jpg

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    @Deadfall Are you Algernop on the Rockstar Social Club?

Yes. I didn't realize you could change nicknames once a year.

E: @jdarksun I can fill out the form again if needed.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    ArthArth Registered User regular
    Filled out the verification form. Man, I can't wait for October first. If only I wasn't working 7 goddamn days in a row starting tomorrow... Or had some sick days left.

Artheleron.png
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    @Deadfall Are you Algernop on the Rockstar Social Club?

Yes. I didn't realize you could change nicknames once a year.
    I would pay them money to let me use a five character username. The minimum six-character limit is maddening.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options

It's pretty amazing writing that Trevor can still be a monster of a human being and still have some audience sympathy. Just line up a bunch of scum Cartel guys for him to murder and then get him some therapy.

It's really refreshing to have an actual villain protagonist for a change.

• Options
    So I was cruising through the countryside as Franklin on my glorious motorcycle after getting it all swagged out.

As I head past a church some lady comes running out yelling for help!

She says she needs to get out of there, she can't marry that man.

So I pull up next to her and I'm all, sure thing sugar, hop on.

"I'm not getting on THAT thing" she says rudely.

BEGGERS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS!

So I did a burnout with my new blue tire smoke, smacked her with the rear of the bike to send her flying and cruised off into the sunset alone.

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Does anyone understand the significance of choosing your "active crew?" Is there a point to being on multiple crews?

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

been following some of it, fucking crazy awesome. they're really going all the way with the san andreas stuff from back then. i'm expecting maybe the mp patch will unlock some of this stuff.

edit: something that link misses that they just discovered
    a yellow fruit tree that is exactly at a spot in the murals when you overlap the maps. and there seems to be a crazy cave system with an entrance they cant unlock on the side of the mountain. yet.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular

It's pretty amazing writing that Trevor can still be a monster of a human being and still have some audience sympathy. Just line up a bunch of scum Cartel guys for him to murder and then get him some therapy.

It's really refreshing to have an actual villain protagonist for a change.

Lets not fool ourselves, every GTA protagonist is a villain. CJ is a gangster, Niko is an unscrupulous jerk who is perfectly fine with murdering and committing crimes to get money...they are ALL vile human beings, the only difference is that Trevor has the Hollywood version of psychopathy

Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    He's no silence of the lambs.

He's not a true psychopath anyway. Far too emotional.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Trevor is Chaotic Neutral :P

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    I would say they are all psychopaths or sociopaths, Trevor is just...comic relief of a sort in a black humor way

• Options
    CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    @jdarksun - Verified

jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    The only thing that bothered me a little about the Trevor storyline, was the...
    whole floyd/debra conclusion. I really thought the whole storyline with Floyd was meant to show us how Trevor recruits his "followers," so-to-speak. I thought it was real interesting that Trevor instantly had Floyd pegged as a weak individual who was kind of a slave to his job and his girlfriend, and I thought it was kind of neat how Trevor was kind of using Floyd's weakness to lure him into doing Trevor's bidding. I thought the resolution to that storyline was going to be Floyd departure from his life of servitude only to find himself in another life of servitude. Namely, serving Trevor.

But instead, Trevor killed him. Or at least that's what it looks like... Oh well.

• Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    I hope there's a Way for WANG to do street races without being blown up

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I hope there's a Way for WANG to do street races without being blown up
    I hope there's a Way for WANG to do street races with AS MANY EXPLOSIONS POSSIBLE

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    The only thing that bothered me a little about the Trevor storyline, was the...
    whole floyd/debra conclusion. I really thought the whole storyline with Floyd was meant to show us how Trevor recruits his "followers," so-to-speak. I thought it was real interesting that Trevor instantly had Floyd pegged as a weak individual who was kind of a slave to his job and his girlfriend, and I thought it was kind of neat how Trevor was kind of using Floyd's weakness to lure him into doing Trevor's bidding. I thought the resolution to that storyline was going to be Floyd departure from his life of servitude only to find himself in another life of servitude. Namely, serving Trevor.

But instead, Trevor killed him. Or at least that's what it looks like... Oh well.
    Whaaaat. He had a syrup accident, that's all. I don't know what you're talking about.

This discussion has been closed.