Options

[GTA5] Old thread, ready to lock.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    ok so the assassination mission give out hilarious returns.

80% stock increase twice in a row?

Yes please!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-v/211290-how-make-up-1-5-billion-lesters-assassination-missions.html

80%, 80%, 300%, 50%, 100%, 80%

yea

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I did this last night with the final payout. Ran the last 2 Lester missions...
    Turned 27mil into around 109mil.
    And that's on the low end. Wish I'd saved the prior ones. Still a stupid system though.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    I, uh.... did all of Lesters Missions first... At the end I had about a Million on everyone... I am not a smart man.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    I, uh.... did all of Lesters Missions first... At the end I had about a Million on everyone... I am not a smart man.
    It's just an issue of being forewarned. If you don't know about it, you can't plan for it.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    It's just an issue of being forewarned. If you don't know about it, you can't plan for it.

eh, i stopped after the first one figuring i would come back when i had more money to really take advantage. that was before all the details really came out.

also, the last triathlon is fucking stupid. 30 minutes straight of mashing the x button, plus the most ridiculous rubberbanding ai you could imagine. if i didnt have a turbo controller i dont know if i would have bothered to do that nonsense.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    eh, i stopped after the first one figuring i would come back when i had more money to really take advantage. that was before all the details really came out.

also, the last triathlon is fucking stupid. 30 minutes straight of mashing the x button, plus the most ridiculous rubberbanding ai you could imagine. if i didnt have a turbo controller i dont know if i would have bothered to do that nonsense.
    I did the entire goddamn thing, slamming the X button. The AI fscking cheats at cycling, or I'm doing something wrong. I dropped to like 6th place from 1st, then caught back up to win during running.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Now THIS is how you do a police chase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcTdBgA3Bkg

So epic. :o

• Options
    yea its total bullshit during the cycling. id be going full tilt up hill and dudes would just fly past me going like twice as fast. really the entire thing is bullshit.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

I think cycling might weight STR more heavily than STA - I had mediocre STR and maxed STA and got smoked in cycling. I was still able to pull out a win. Pretty sure I said it before, you can pause during the triathlon, I did a couple times, grabbed a cup of coffee, wiggled my fingers a bit. Straight button pumping doesn't seem to be the trick for cycling at any rate, I experimented with slow steady taps and that worked as well as mad button pumping.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    STR does indeed affect cycling more than STA. I recall the little popup mentioning it.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Did you also blow all your money from the first Heist or something?

I did just the first 2 of Lester's missions as soon as they were available and I have well over a million from just those.....

• Options

It was still trivial to win the races with mediocre strength and maxed STA as your stamina is basically endless. I mean, I crashed my bike at least once dropping from 2nd to 6 and still placed first in the end.

• Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

Did you also blow all your money from the first Heist or something?

I did just the first 2 of Lester's missions as soon as they were available and I have well over a million from just those.....

Yeah so I got bitten by the car modding fever... only to then lose my cars that I modded. I also bought some crappy properties. I had assumed their payouts would be relative to their costs, but it seems properties in Single Player are just not worth it for making cash.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I think I may story rush to finish the game, then start fresh to do all the side shenanigans so I can game the Lester missions for big bucks.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »

That was fucking amazing. THIS GAME.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    jimb213 wrote: »
    Looks like I got kicked from the crew. I thought I had filled out the form and everything. I'll submit a request again. I'm JimmyLowdown on rockstar social.
    Accepted.

Gracias!

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Stop FIRING ROCKETS at my HOUSE!

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

Agreed.

Stop FIRING ROCKETS at my HOUSE!

*blinks* How...how in the hell do you plan for that?

Oh wait, you hand the game over to previous GTA players and just watch what they do and then respond to it. Makes sense.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    That is the best thing I've seen so far.bravo.

• Options
    Yeah so I got bitten by the car modding fever... only to then lose my cars that I modded. I also bought some crappy properties. I had assumed their payouts would be relative to their costs, but it seems properties in Single Player are just not worth it for making cash.

I have ~160m on each char now and had modded all of their original vehicles or story granted vehicles - Michael's car, Trevor's jeep and Franklin's car and bike. I've now seen Trevor's jeep revert so despite having more money than I really could care about, I'll wait until they put out the fix.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I really regret spending my money on property. I'm just so used to buying property as early as possible in these games to maximize the profits. :?

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I really regret spending my money on property. I'm just so used to buying property as early as possible in these games to maximize the profits. :?

Yeah, I pretty much did the same thing, also I assumed that buying one stock and screwing over their competitor's crap would make a bigger difference. I'm sure it'll all work out eventually.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    So i haven't played too much of this game yet. I'm in the first trevor segment. But, i haven't found any collectables. Am i just missing them? or are there blow up dildo's or something that i can hunt and find for cash\reward\stat boost\weapons\weapon mods\cars\car mods\etc...???

• Options
    texasheat wrote: »
    So i haven't played too much of this game yet. I'm in the first trevor segment. But, i haven't found any collectables. Am i just missing them? or are there blow up dildo's or something that i can hunt and find for cash\reward\stat boost\weapons\weapon mods\cars\car mods\etc...???
    There are Note Scraps and UFO Parts to collect. I don't think either provide any benefit.

• Options
    There are actually cash briefcases too. Incredibly well hidden and very very few but they are there. Believe they respawn too.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    ROCKSTAR SOCIAL CLUB / WE ARE NICE GUYS / WANG ANNOUNCEMENTS

1) Hierarchy
    Crew ranking now means something.
    * If you are Muscle ("one bar"), you have not been verified and are at risk of being kicked.
    * If you are a Representative ("two bars"), you are a verified member of the PA community.
    * Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send somebody at the top a PM, or @ us in the thread.

2) If you're in the Club and haven't filled out this form, you're at risk of being kicked. The following people in particular need to fill this out: Artheleron, Cleveralias, Dragonkias, mistereeh, Vanzur, VikingsRage. @ me when you've done that, please.

3) If you've submitted a request to join the Club and haven't filled out this form, you're at risk of being ignored.

4) We've sent out invites to registered requests. Please check the Rockstar Social Club and @ me when you've accepted so I can promote you to Representative.

5) The following people have filled out one of the forms, but aren't in the Crew. Please check your Rockstar Social Club for invites, or re-request an invite and @ me.
    @bamelin
    @Boosterburn
    @DocSamson
    @downer
    @jimb213
    @John Zoidberg
    @Klemming
    @Kreutz
    @LCDXX
    @Mr Bubbles
    @Nickle
    @Silmaril
    @The Listener
    @Top Rate

Whew.

Here is the Club roster as it stands right now.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    @jdarksun - requested again. JimmyLowdown on Rockstar Social.
    Spaffy wrote: »

So I think I'm most impressed by the camera switching. Whenever I hit the "cinema camera" button, it's basically an insta-crash for me.

• Options
    Should we include a column for people with headsets?

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    There are people who don't? :shock:

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    jimb213 wrote: »
    @jdarksun - requested again. JimmyLowdown on Rockstar Social.
    Spaffy wrote: »

So I think I'm most impressed by the camera switching. Whenever I hit the "cinema camera" button, it's basically an insta-crash for me.

We used to play a game on GTA IV where you'd get up to a 3 star wanted level and the you had to do the entire pursuit with that cinematic camera. Good for hot swap gameplay with friends and always hilarious trying to battle the camera as well as the police.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular

Yeah I probably should get on that, I've never owned a Bluetooth headset before so what should I get? Just a cheap 5 dollar one from Hong Kong on eBay or are their some decent suggestions? I'd prefer not to spend over 20 bucks if I can help it.

• Options
    Allforce wrote: »
    Yeah I probably should get on that, I've never owned a Bluetooth headset before so what should I get? Just a cheap 5 dollar one from Hong Kong on eBay or are their some decent suggestions? I'd prefer not to spend over 20 bucks if I can help it.
    Got a Best Buy nearby? boom. $10, decent reviews.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    when using cinematic mode, you can cycle through the different camera angles. hit the right stick left or right when holding the button.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Allforce wrote: »

target had some ps3 ones on clearance cheap a little while ago, if youve got some targets around you could check there.

• Options
    Your don't even have to hold the button. Tapping it triggers the cinematic camera then you just tap the analog stick to switch the views.

Re the headset. I bought one that has independent sliders for the chat and game volume as my monitor has no speakers. It's worked fine for game volume but I've yet to try the voice chat. It's a Turtlebeach Psomething.

• Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    What system is everyone on with the Wangs? Perhaps I should just go ahead and read the first page.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WillyDub wrote: »
    What system is everyone on with the Wangs? Perhaps I should just go ahead and read the first page.
    44% (57) PS3 / 55% (71) Xbox 360

• Options
    MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    PC (0)

:cry:

Monster Hunter Tri code/username: 1MF42Z (Morda)
    WiiU Username: MordaRazgrom
    Steam Username: MordaRazgrom
    WoW/Diablo 3 Battlenet Battletag: MordaRazgrom#1755
    Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
This discussion has been closed.