As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Five Star Masterchef - Village wins, Sir Fabulous crowned Five Star Masterchef!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm not your friend, guy.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

QUERY: IF ONE PLAYER ON A TEAM UNIT DECIDES TO CREATE A DIFFERENT DISH THAN OTHERS, WHAT HAPPENS?
    It would be bad.

Round 1 has ended, results up soon.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I'm not your friend, guy.

I AM NOT A GUY, FRIEND.
    THIS UNIT IS AN AUTONOMOUS ANDROGYNOUS METALLIC HUMANOID CONSTRUCT.
    SUPREME EXCELLENT X-ACT CHEF MODEL 80085 IS MY DESIGNATION.
    YOU MAY CALL ME SEX CHEF 80085

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm not your friend, autonomous androgynous metalloic humanoid construct.

Is metalloic even a word?

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I'm not your friend, autonomous androgynous metalloic humanoid construct.

Is metalloic even a word?

Nope.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    YOU ARE MAKING THIS VERY HARD-ON ME.
    IS THAT YOUR DESIRE?

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

QUERY: IF ONE PLAYER ON A TEAM UNIT DECIDES TO CREATE A DIFFERENT DISH THAN OTHERS, WHAT HAPPENS?
    It would be bad.

Round 1 has ended, results up soon.

Shit, already?

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Wait seriously each team has to not merely ensure we have cooked at least one starter and at least one side but also cook the same dish for each? With a 10:30 am deadline?

Ahahahaha welp. This is what happens when I read instructions minutes before running off to work.

• Options
    Everyone loses.
    Game over.
    Go home folks.

• Options
    To be completely fair,

Teams must choose one from each category:
    Starters
    1) Rabbit and Duck
    2) Rabbit and Pasta

Mains
    1) Rabbit, Duck, and Caviar
    2) Rabbit, Turkey, and Peppers

Each participant must cook one dish, and at least one Starter and one Main must be cooked per team. The cooked Starters and Mains will be averaged across the team.

offers no indication that all Mains/Starters a team cooks must be the same.

• Options
    I actually thought we had to do one of each today and were picking one for this round and one for next or something. I was pretty confused.

We might not be able to handle the chaos of real kitchens, dudes and metalloic dork-bots.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    To be completely fair,

Teams must choose one from each category:
    Starters
    1) Rabbit and Duck
    2) Rabbit and Pasta

Mains
    1) Rabbit, Duck, and Caviar
    2) Rabbit, Turkey, and Peppers

Each participant must cook one dish, and at least one Starter and one Main must be cooked per team. The cooked Starters and Mains will be averaged across the team.

offers no indication that all Mains/Starters a team cooks must be the same.

"Teams must choose one from each category: "

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    I am choosing to believe that the mafia nefariously chose to have this event occur in this timeslot until proven right or wrong in the postgame.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    i'm guessing you'll be proven wrong based on jdark's past games

• Options
    edited September 2013
    ~ Day 2, Round 1 Results ~

"OK, everyone, let's get organized!" Screamed the Yellow Team Leader vertroue. "Here's your dish assignments, go go go!"

The Green Team was equally well motivated. Farangu lead the charge, portioning out rabbit and duck with ease. "C'mon guys, we got this."

"Wait.. what was I doing with these peppers?" asked Egos on the Red Team. The charred peppers sat in a paper bag in front of the chef, offering no response.

Indecision racked the Orange Team, though Delmain did his best. "Don't worry about the pasta, worry about the turkey. I'll worry about the pasta."

"And... time!" cried Gordon. "Let's see what we have."

The Red Team was up first. Auralynx presented the dishes. "Well, chef, we have a lovely duo of rabbit and duck confit to start. Next, we have what I like to call 'surf, turf, and sky'. I think you'll enjoy it."

Graham nodded appreciatively. "So who worked on what? I saw Egos cooking peppers, but I don't see any peppers on these plates."

"There was a... ah... miscommunication."

"You're Team Leader. You have to do better than that."

"Yes chef."

Next was the Orange Team. Delmain presented their two plates. "Rabbit ragu with pappardelle pasta for our starter, turkey stuffed rabbit loin & red pepper sauce for our main."

"Well, this one is very nice," Joe said, indicating the ragu. "It's definitely the best dish I've seen so far." He moved on to the main, and frowned. "Rabbit stuffed with turkey? C'mon. You're the real turkey here."

Gordon had already moved on to the Yellow Team. "OK, what's this?"

"Braised rabbit pappardelle followed by southwestern rabbit and turkey with bell peppers." Stated vertroue.

"Hm, OK, what's that?"

"What?"

"That," said Gordon, pointing to a duo of rabbit and duck served in a pepper.

"An... ah... trial run?"

Last up was the Green Team. Farangu was desperately sorting dishes as Graham approached. "What's going on, guys?"

"Uh, hello Chef. I, uh, seem to have misplaced..." Farangu passed over two lovely looking dishes before settling on a third. "Ah! Roasted bell peppers stuffed with handmade turkey and rabbit sausage. Wait, that's our main. ...here we go, Piedmont pasta with braised rabbit. The starter."

Graham took a bite of the starter, and chewed appreciatively. "Well, the taste is good. It's got a lot of heart. But the plating's a mess." Indeed, it looked haphazardly plopped down instead of artfully arranged. "The stuffed peppers are great though."

"Judges, have we made our decision?" asked Gordon.

"Indeed we have." replied Joe.

"Yup." echoed Graham.

"So who won this round?"

"Well, it was close, but the Orange Team under Delmain takes it. Team Red, it was close, but I think Orange had better teamwork in the end."

"And you know what that means," Gordon said. "The rest of you are heading back to the kitchen for the dreaded Pressure Test. Good luck."

Team 2 has won the Team Challenge and is safe from Elimination in Day 2, Round 2.

Back in the kitchen, Joe unveiled the dish the other contestants would be cooking. "It's never easy to bake under pressure. Let's see what you can do with this: Black Forest Gateaux with Cappuccino Foam. Good luck."

Day 2 Round 2, Order Form

jdarksun on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Tee hee hee

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime

• Options
    Goddamnit Egos, you are not staying true to the spirit of Team Hater.

Also, this round is totally cake; kime's got this. We must stop him.

• Options
    ~ Day 2, Round 2 ~

"Oh, one more thing." Gordon said, interrupted the cooks in the middle of preparation. "CesareB - you're done. Please put your apron on your workstation, and leave the Five Star Masterchef kitchen."

Eliminated:
    CesareB, Christine Corley

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    What color is "Graham"?

Is it like a blue-ish? I hope it's a blue-greeny color.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    ouch...midday eliminations : (

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    What color is "Graham"?

Is it like a blue-ish? I hope it's a blue-greeny color.

EVERYONE IS PINK ON THE INSIDE

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    I'm thinking so hard about the challenges I don't have any room in my head for Phalla! This must be what being a real chef is like.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    OOOoooOOOoooOOO

And right before I was gonna bake you all into oblivion :(

OOOoooOOOoooOOO

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    I'm thinking so hard about the challenges I don't have any room in my head for Phalla! This must be what being a real chef is like.

jdark has successfully created the first simulationist phalla.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

jdark has successfully created the first simulationist phalla.

Aw, poor MrT. He tried one too! Which jdark and I broke in two days, but still!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    You're welcome, Orange Team.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    ...what the hell is a gateaux

• Options
    Farangu wrote: »

GATO IS CAT.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »

GATO IS CAT.

I thought we were making a singing robot?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    It's pronounced "Gate Ox." It was originally a Chinese dish made by barbequing a musk ox on the shattered remnants of its pen, but the Germans co-opted it and added pickling to the process.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    So, we should be discussing who the mafia are. Anybody have anything to report from groups coordination that seemed off? My group seemed relatively straightforward, coordination-wise; the only people who didn't actively participate were purely because of time-based considerations.

I know that's an easy excuse, but I figured I'd inquire to see if anything more interesting came up.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    INFORMATION: MY MORNING CHALLENGE WENT VERY POORLY COMPARED TO MY EVENING CHALLENGE LAST NIGHT.
    CONCLUSION: I AM BETTER AT PORKING THAN RABBITING.
    SECONDARY CONCLUSION: SHOW THE JUDGES YOUR MUSHROOM

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Ketbra for not participating in Team 4's plans.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    2po4oza.jpg

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    There are very slim chances I will ever be able to participate in the morning challenges.

Im sorry if that inconvinences anyone I may get teamed with.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    ga·teau
    gäˈtō,ga-/
    noun
    plural noun: gateaux
    a rich cake, typically one containing layers of cream or fruit.
    Origin:
    french

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    There's a bro? button!

let's have a brodown

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ihaveachairihaveachair Registered User regular
    Farangu for lacking artistic flair in presentation

3v72GoR.jpg
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • Options
    IHAVEACHAIR FOR HAVING A CHAIR.
    EVERYONE HAS BEEN TOLD TO STAND UP.
    REMAIN ERECT.
    A FLACCID COOK IS A USELESS COOK