As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Five Star Masterchef - Village wins, Sir Fabulous crowned Five Star Masterchef!

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Probably, I've been trying to think of various ways things might work. I'd rather see how things pan out before voicing any because I'm speculating and I don't want to add a bunch of noise over theories that are probably wrong.

I think it's safe to say the mafia has means to self sabotage to avoid drawing attention. They may be able to opt out in limited numbers. They most certainly have ways to hinder other players and I imagine sabotaging other players is one of those.

Also it's worth bearing in mind for test challenge prizes, that the mafia may not know what the prize is and/or the prize might work differently for mafia members. If they are in the dark or if they get a different benefit, the mafia would have an incentive to take risks and try winning rewards.

• Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    !Clarification: Despite not cooking in this round, can winners of the mystery box still send in an order to cheer or jeer?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    @FreeAgent Suh, would you help me put T_A to the swo'd and avoid city slickah shenanigans?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    Quickly, what's the vote count, and enumerate his villainous traits.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Ah believe it is me - 4, him - 4.

As for his villainy, he is not me.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    The_Anonymous

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    (Ah could be wrong about the tie, suh.)

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    !Clarification: Despite not cooking in this round, can winners of the mystery box still send in an order to cheer or jeer?
    Sure.

• Options
    @Invictus Ah thank you, suh. Your aid does you credit in the eyes of your colleagues.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Counting is for losers, clearly

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    Counting is for losers, clearly

Ah was quick-counting from Mistah Blahney's recent statement.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    I'm the vig and I killed gandalf
    jk I really killed TRV
    jkjk I'm not the vig :P. I didn't kill anyone
    YET

Steam profile
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    oh whoops

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    End of Day 1 Spreadsheet (up to post 292)

Looks like Invictus' vote pushed The Anonymous over the top to get the lead.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ~ Day 1, Round 2 Results ~
    Things were going very poorly for Egos. "What are you doing?" Graham asked as he hovered over Egos' shoulder. "Wild boar dries out like *that*!" As the cardboard cutout could not snap its nonexistent fingers, instead a snapping sound issued forth from the speaker.

"I know, I know!" Egos said, wiping sweat from his face. "I'm injecting it with apple juice to try and reconstitute it. I have to do something. Look, these truffle shavings are totally adequate."

Across the room, Joe was inspecting Flarne's dish. After a few moments of watching the competitor struggle with the raw boar, Joe shook his head and walked away.

Gordon, meanwhile, was pacing back and forth between ihaveachair and undergroundmonorail. "What are you doing?! You're ruining that dish," he said to the first. "Gorgeous truffles, but your boar is raw and bleeding all over the plate," he said to the second.

"And... time." Gordon called out. The contestants held up their hands and stepped away from their workstations. "The first dish we want to try is... Auralynx's." Auralynx made his way to the front, tray held proudly before him.

"This is an excellent dish," Graham said.

Joe nodded. "You need to have more confidence in yourself. See how you played it safe with the truffles and the plating, doing only what was necessary? With a few minor improvements, I bet this dish would be better than Graham's."

"Next up we have vertroue." Gordon beckoned her forward. "There's not much to say here; the boar is perfectly done. The plating is gorgeous. If you had used just a hair more restraint with the truffles, I think you'd have nailed it."

Graham spoke up. "Don't forget about Delmain. You did an excellent job, skillfully cooked and plated. But it was just missing that last little... pop. Maybe more salt?"

From the back of the room, Joe brought forth a dish. "I know we don't usually do this, but I'm going to ask that we not overlook blahmcblah here. Look at how perfectly this boar is done. I couldn't have cooked it better myself. High praise, young man. You'll go far here."

"Of course, there can be only one winner," Gordon brought the discussion to a close. "And tonight, that is...

"Auralynx! Well done. Of course, you're immune from elimination. But we a special announcement for you four. You will be Team Leaders for tomorrow's Team Challenge! Give it your best.

"And now... the elimination. Give us a moment, won't you?"

The judges conferred for several moments before returning to the stage.

"Flarne." Joe called out.

"Gandalf_the_Crazed." Gordon pointed.

Graham spoke next. "We're sorry, but the two of you do not have what it takes to be the next Five Star Masterchef. Please remove your aprons and leave them on your workstations."

Flarne nodded, pulling his apron over his head. "Thank you, chefs. I learned a lot."

"Thank you chefs!" Gandalf_the_Crazed called as he left.

"What? No! That doesn't make any sense! None of this does! Why are we even here? Why are we taking orders from cardboard cutouts?! WHY AM I WEARING THIS MOTORCYCLE HELMET!!!" blahmcblah tore off his helmet, and threw it towards the stage. "I'M LEAVING."

"Yeah, I'm done." The Anonymous took his helmet off, and shook back his hair. "I'm sorry, but I'm just not cut out for this. Goodbye, everyone!"

Eliminated:
    blahmcblah, Slim Huynh
    Flarne, Tony Scruggs
    Gandalf_the_Crazed, Tony Carbone
    The Anonymous, Jennie Kelley, Guard

Withdrew:
    Buddha73
    Grunt's Ghosts

Replacements:
    enlightenedbum
    Sir Fabulous

• Options
    ~ Day 2, Round 1 ~
    The next day, the contestants have gathered at a farm. "OK, everyone. Listen up," Gordon shouted. His cardboard cutout was being carried by a man dressed all in black, as if he wasn't readily visible in the bright morning sun. "We're here for a very special challenge. Graham?"

Graham stepped out of the barn, carrying two cages... of rabbits. Several contestants gasped. "I don't want to cook Thumper," someone whispered.

"Today's Team Challenge is all about good decision making." Joe said. "You need to design a dish around rabbit. We've provided several additional ingredients that you could pair it with."

Gordon's helper pulled a cloth off a table. On it was duck, pasta, caviar, turkey, and peppers. "Your teams will be preparing two dishes today: a rabbit starter, and a rabbit main. Please decide among yourself which of you will be cooking the starter, and which of you will be cooking the main. All of you must cook. We will score your dishes based on the average from across those that cooked that dish; and we will total the points between starter and main. The team with the highest combined score will win the round, and be safe from elimination!

"You have two hours... and your time starts... now!"

Teams must choose one from each category:
    Starters
    1) Rabbit and Duck
    2) Rabbit and Pasta

Mains
    1) Rabbit, Duck, and Caviar
    2) Rabbit, Turkey, and Peppers

Each participant must cook one dish, and at least one Starter and one Main must be cooked per team. The cooked Starters and Mains will be averaged across the team.

Team 1
    Auralynx
    Egos
    FreeAgent
    Invictus
    Mikey CTS
    MrTLicious
    undergroundmonorail

Team 2
    Delmain
    Gizzy
    enlightenedbum
    ihaveachair
    kime
    ObiFett
    Rawkking Goodguy

Team 3
    vertroue
    Megafrost
    Mill
    MrBlarney
    premium
    TheRoadVirus

Team 4
    Farangu
    Bedlam
    CesareB
    KetBra
    Sir Fabulous
    Zombie Hero

Day 2, Round 1 Order Form

• Options
    oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
    "Thank you chefs!" Gandalf_the_Crazed called as he left.

This is almost what I called, yes. Another one of those pesky typos, I suppose.

;-)

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Oo00oO

I'd rather be on Sweet Genius anyway.

OOooo00

• Options
    Team 2 ftw!

Steam profile
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    booOOooOoOoOoOoOork

bOOooOoOoOOooOoOrk

boOOoOooOOoOOooork

swedishchef1_zps97f1b0b4.jpg

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Ugg robots

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Start of Day 2 Spreadsheet (up to post 298)

So Flarne was eliminated and ended up in the lowest group in the second dish, but Gandalf_the_Crazed got eliminated without any notables. I guess that the result narrations just give us information who was on top and who was on bottom of the quality rankings, but doesn't have any bearing on who the Judges can target for elimination, excepting those who gain immunity from winning rounds. So I suppose there's a good reason for mafia to gun for the top spots.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    ooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

This is why you should never do phalla when a new GTA comes out.

ooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    The Day 2, Round 1 Order Form has been updated to include Preparation Method for Primary Ingredient (mandatory), Secondary Ingredient #1 (optional, only need to select if you pick Peppers for SI#1), and Secondary Ingredient #2 (optional, only need to select if you pick Peppers for SI#2).

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Yo other teams: Team 1 is the Denver Broncos of this competition. 7 TDs! Beating up on our own siblings!

Also, team members PM me if you think you can nail one of those. Thanks.

Which dish is due for which challenge?

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Today is also a two round day?

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Which dish is due for which challenge?
    At least one Starter and one Main needs to be made on each Team. Multiple Starters and Mains may be prepared - Qualities will be averaged over each Dish type. Each Starter and Main prepared by a Team should use the same ingredients.
    Today is also a two round day?
    Yes.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    DESPITE KIME'S BEST ATTEMPTS, I REMAIN STANDING.
    HE CANNOT STOP ME FROM BEING ERECT.
    HE MUST BLOW HARDER IN THE FUTURE.
    COOKING.

• Options
    So if one person in the group makes 1) Rabbit, Duck, and Caviar, then everyone else who makes a main also has to make 1) Rabbit, Duck, and Caviar?

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Pre-emptive request: Can we not have multiple rounds over the weekend? I have a hard enough time logging in once per day on Sat/Sun

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    When are orders for this challenge due?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    So if one person in the group makes 1) Rabbit, Duck, and Caviar, then everyone else who makes a main also has to make 1) Rabbit, Duck, and Caviar?
    Yes.
    Invictus wrote: »
    When are orders for this challenge due?
    10:30am Eastern (40 minutes)
    Delmain wrote: »
    Pre-emptive request: Can we not have multiple rounds over the weekend? I have a hard enough time logging in once per day on Sat/Sun
    That can be arranged.

• Options
    So many questions... truly the tell-tale sign of mafia activity.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2013

QUERY: IF ONE PLAYER ON A TEAM UNIT DECIDES TO CREATE A DIFFERENT DISH THAN OTHERS, WHAT HAPPENS?
    SECONDARY QUERY: I HAVE AN EXCESS OF MEAT. I HAVE ALREADY GROUND IT AND PUT IT IN CASING. WHO WANTS MY SAUSAGE?
    TERTIARY QUERY: IF I SAID YOU HAD A NICE SAUTEE PAN, WOULD IT THEN BE HELD AGAINST MY ROMANCE EXTRUDER?

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Just preemptively calling this: you are asking for FAR too much coordination between people considering that all of it has to happen between the hours of 10:30pm and 10:30am.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    Just preemptively calling this: you are asking for FAR too much coordination between people considering that all of it has to happen between the hours of 10:30pm and 10:30am.

I mean, I'm glad I have a morning action to freakin' dominate since I'm one of relatively few people who gets to think about it all that hard, but this is indeed tricky.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    CesareB wrote: »

I mean, I'm glad I have a morning action to freakin' dominate since I'm one of relatively few people who gets to think about it all that hard, but this is indeed tricky.

YOU SAID HARD. AND DOMINATE.
    LET US BE FRIENDS.