Options

[Phalla]: Enemy Unknown -- OPERATION: DEVIL'S MOON Complete!

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Iron Weasel contacted me and has offered to help with my health situation.

I doubt he is mafia.
    Interesting thought.

Maybe the mafia DID try to kill someone last night.

What if they targeted, say, me? I was way out of range of everyone and even hunkered down.
    uh

Can XCOMsoldiers shoot other XCOM soldiers?

Will we be told who/what shot at us if we survive the attack?

Yes.

You'll be told what hit you (as in, was it a bullet? Was it plasma?) but not who.

What if someone shoots at us and misses? Will we be notified of that?

I think you missed this @Gandalf_the_Crazed

Thanks.

No, you won't.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    K, so if jdark died before the grenade went off, that could be the result of the mafia kill

Which means maybe they tried to shoot someone, like say me, on day one but missed.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Looking at that second snippet of radio chatter leads me to suspect that The_Anonymous and Iron Weasel were mafia buddies running a separate PM conversation from the first one that I was included in. I may be paranoid (who am I kidding, I'm TOTALLY paranoid), but I'm thinking that the back that they were whispering behind was mine.

Add that to the fact that IW was one of the few people in position to throw the grenade...yeah. It's no smoking gun, but I think Iron Weasel is our best bet for tonight.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Fe Mustela erminea
    /
    Iron Weasel

bgka.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2013
    K, so if jdark died before the grenade went off, that could be the result of the mafia kill

considering

jdarksun -- Rk. Paul Storm, Loyal Soldier (FRAGGED)

I kinda doubt it, unless they are being very loose with the term. Also it seems strange people would go after jdark in specific, considering he is occupied with GTAV (unless you aren't playing GTAV and aren't aware of his time being consumed by that) and he was getting suspicion placed on him by you. So no real reason to take him out specifically, unless one desperately fears jdark. Which I only know of one person or so who does and they weren't in the vicinity.

Egos on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    While I agree that letting the aliens be the aggressors would be ideal, I doubt it's going to work out that way; it's to their advantage to let XCom come after them.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    unless balance be whack , yo.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm voting Iron Weasel

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Why is it an either/or situation? Any excuses iron weasel?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gtw + Sirfab: You get 3 aliens starting with a group of sectoids every 4 days that wont' target you but you can't control. BEST OF LUCK!

Sirfab+GtW "that's what you get for being dirty, dirty alien sympathizers"

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I have to say I find that fluff very amusing. WHO THE FUCK WOULD SYMPATHIZE WITH ALIENS IN X-COM?

Is this Mars Attacks :rotate: ?

edit: unless they are using the term sympathizer loosely and they mean "mind fucked into bizarro land"

"Big heads good, small heads bad"
    i suppose that is more of Grundy voice as oppsoed to Bizarro. but whatever

Egos on
  • Options
    It wouldn't make sense for the mafia to get a ration of aliens to control that gets added to every day, because our wincon to eliminate the threats would be nearly impossible. Unless killing the mafia also immediately kills the aliens.

Who wins if the only beings alive on the map are aliens and all XCOM soldiers (including mafia controlled XCOM soldiers) are killed?

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    I have to say I find that fluff very amusing. WHO THE FUCK WOULD SYMPATHIZE WITH ALIENS IN X-COM?

edit: unless they are using the term sympathizer loosely and they mean "mind fucked into bizarro land"

Mind control yo

• Options
    It wouldn't make sense for the mafia to get a ration of aliens to control that gets added to every day,

it was a joke about them being given an impossible task . :P

Mind control yo

hence

only reason I could see them using the term is to avoid confusion from the presumed mechanic. Because being a sympathizer and being mind controlled are two different things...and I wouldn't call one a sympathizer if they were mind controlled to be such.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I quoted and responded to your post before the edit, then when posting, the edit changed it ;)

involuntary sympathizer?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Looking at that second snippet of radio chatter leads me to suspect that The_Anonymous and Iron Weasel were mafia buddies running a separate PM conversation from the first one that I was included in. I may be paranoid (who am I kidding, I'm TOTALLY paranoid), but I'm thinking that the back that they were whispering behind was mine.

EDIT: I totally edited a vote post.

Megafrost on
  • Options
    Was gonna say, that reasoning is good enough for me. Iron Weasel

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    On distribution of sympathizers. Yeah, it's possible a group is clean. I think it's safe to say that at least one group will have 1+ traitors in their mists. I mainly want to avoid a scenario where we focus too much on what's left of the lower right squad. We haven't confirmed that both Mikey and SLyM are clean, since T_A might not have been the only sympathizer in the group, but at the same time, if we opt that one needs to go, we should make sure there is enough evidence to justify the effort.

I know it's only day 3, but I wouldn't mind seeing a color coded vote record. I'd like to see if there is any thing to glean from T_A's votes at this time. I think the analysis on the grenade attack has given on good insight, that seems to indicate that Iron Weasel is a traitor and there seems to be enough votes on him.

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Iron Weasel

If he flips green, we lynch Mikey tomorrow? Barring extraordinary circumstances, of course.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    Iron Weasel

If he flips green, we lynch Mikey tomorrow? Barring extraordinary circumstances, of course.

Yeah, for sure

Because if IW isn't mafia, then a mafia blowing themselves up isn't actually that bad of a plan. Because they know they won't be hurt by the aliens and soldiers ain't gonna start shooting soldiers anytime soon. Plus, it has the chance of potentially making them look really village.

• Options
    It wouldn't make sense for the mafia to get a ration of aliens to control that gets added to every day, because our wincon to eliminate the threats would be nearly impossible. Unless killing the mafia also immediately kills the aliens.

Who wins if the only beings alive on the map are aliens and all XCOM soldiers (including mafia controlled XCOM soldiers) are killed?

If we arrive at these circumstances, the terrorists win.

Actual answer: That could not possibly happen unless somebody did something really, really stupid. Like, willfully stupid. But if it did, it would be a village loss.

Would it be a mafia victory? CD.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Iron Weasel

Yeah, for sure

Because if IW isn't mafia, then a mafia blowing themselves up isn't actually that bad of a plan. Because they know they won't be hurt by the aliens and soldiers ain't gonna start shooting soldiers anytime soon. Plus, it has the chance of potentially making them look really village.

This is the goosiest of goosey things I have ever heard. ObiFett

Now that that's out there... It is currently impossible for me to enter orders using the Google forms, so I am going to have to Withdraw

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Aight. Mikey sent me some orders via PM, so I'll use those today, and tomorrow he's being replaced by @Reg Rysk.

Sorry, Mikey. :(

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Me too, Gandalf. You guys have fun, though :)

• Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Me too, Gandalf. You guys have fun, though :)

:(

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Why is it an either/or situation? Any excuses iron weasel?
    Only that medkits make terrible offensive weapons.

At any rate, there's nothing I can say that would turn the tide of circumstantial, yet highly-persuasive, evidence against me. I know I'm a loyal soldier, and even I think maybe I should be arrested or something.

Anyway, I can at least take comfort in the knowledge that my death with expose the lengths to which vile traitor Mikey CTS (or his replacement, I guess) will go to make slaves of us all.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Mind control yo

Psh. The Cult of Sirius.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Aight. Mikey sent me some orders via PM, so I'll use those today, and tomorrow he's being replaced by @Reg Rysk.

Sorry, Mikey. :(
    If Mikey is the only person having this problem, wouldn't it make sense to allow him to exceptionally submit his orders via PM, rather than lose him to a technical glitch?

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Wow. massive bandwagoning on Iron Weasel. I for one think there are a number of better options then killing someone who was there in the area when a grenade was thrown. So i think i'll vote Egos . just a hunch really.

• Options
    I wasn't sure how the rest of you guys would feel about that, since I've been pretty hardnosed about using the form.

But yeah, sure. Mikey? You cool with that?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Cough if it were me and I had a damn grenade. .. I would use it for the best amount of damage... good thing they they didn't give me grenades.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options

considering

I kinda doubt it, unless they are being very loose with the term. Also it seems strange people would go after jdark in specific, considering he is occupied with GTAV (unless you aren't playing GTAV and aren't aware of his time being consumed by that) and he was getting suspicion placed on him by you. So no real reason to take him out specifically, unless one desperately fears jdark. Which I only know of one person or so who does and they weren't in the vicinity.

K, then Cythraul died to the mafia kill.

Either way, I think the mafia has a kill and either they missed the first night or they can only auto kill soldiers within range of aliens.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    I guess I should vote.
    IW[/b]

The one in the solid lead yaaaa.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Buddha73 wrote: »
    Wow. massive bandwagoning on Iron Weasel. I for one think there are a number of better options then killing someone who was there in the area when a grenade was thrown. So i think i'll vote Egos . just a hunch really.

you know it usually helps to explain what the better options are if you have some ideas. Or are they just hunches? Because if that is the case that doesn't seem like a better option.

• Options

considering

K, then Cythraul died to the mafia kill.

Either way, I think the mafia has a kill and either they missed the first night or they can only auto kill soldiers within range of aliens.

I guess we'll see in the coming days. I wouldn't make the assumption the mafia have a set kill considering the experimental nature of the game.

I doubt the mafia would miss their kill (if they have a set one), the only option I could see is if they have an option to do something else instead like "jam the radio"? But there was an implied device (suppose it could have been planted).

• Options
    Buddha73 wrote: »

This is an exceptionally good reason to kill someone, given that the village has no reason to purposely tear itself apart. Otherwise we might get stuff like two ships crashing into each other.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I wasn't sure how the rest of you guys would feel about that, since I've been pretty hardnosed about using the form.

I mean, if you're not automating the orders from the form, it all depends on how much work you want to do

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Iron Weasel for being the most logical grenade thrower.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

I mean, if you're not automating the orders from the form, it all depends on how much work you want to do

you could always take a vote (privately if need be), but I'd be surprised if anyone really cared.

• Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    Forgive me if this has been asked and answered but why is Chiasaur sat at the back out of the way of everybody?

We Stand Ready