Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Holy shit this fight with
    the Jersey Devil
    was fucking terrifying

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Wyborn wrote: »

At the start of the comics Bigby's kind of nice but he's also fairly feared, but that doesn't really capture it

At the start of the comics there is no one in Fabletown who would willingly fuck with Bigby Wolf physically. Not one person, no questions asked. Not the witches, not the demons, not the decrepit gods, not anyone. And he knows it. And he doesn't let anyone forget it.
    He actually brings Bluebeard to heel hard enough to make the guy cry at one point.

As it relates to Ep 4
    The comics actually start off with Bigby sending Colin off to the Farm again, with it implied that this is a thing that happens constantly

"Oh Colin, you rascal," the reader might say, as Bigby literally hogties him and throws him into the back of a pickup truck taking supplies to the farm

As to how it relates to the game in general
    It's almost impossible to get anything past Bigby, because Willingham is pretty hardline about him having the senses of the prototypical wolf. There were scenes in the game that couldn't happen in the comics because Bigby could figure out who something belongs to or who's handled something just by smelling it, like Wolverine times a thousand

He has enough general knowledge and enough specifically attuned senses that trying to trick him about things borders on the impossible

I recommend the comics to everyone, no questions asked. If it werent' for Saga it would still be my favorite ongoing comic.

It's winding down, now, leading up to the end, but it's really strong the whole way through and very, very worth reading.
    Bigby of the comics would never have fallen for that glamoured Snow. Not for a moment. Her perfume? Bigby knows her smell, not the smell of the things she wears, but the smell of her as a person, so well that he practically knows where she is at all times. He'd have detected that it was someone else almost immediately. Your dog would never be fooled into thinking a well-disguised stranger was you. And that's an incredibly diluted distant cousin of the Alpha Wolf among Alpha Wolves that is Bigby. That's the closest thing to a problem I have with this game. Bigby's too much of a generic copper. There's none of those wolf instincts. Nor the "doing this for hundreds of years" instincts, for that matter. Compare how dense Bigby seems here to what he pulls in the first story in the comics (okay Rose Red and Jack are no big crime bosses, but still, he's damn clever and guileful. I get why he is that way in the game, but it's still a little disappointing.

I really hope he goes full wolf at some point in the final chapter. Wanna see some real huffing and puffing.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    hahaha, episode 3
    gren won't remember this

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    the Jersey Devil
    was fucking terrifying

Best action scene in the game so far

Which is saying something!

Absolutely brutal

At the start of the comics Bigby's kind of nice but he's also fairly feared, but that doesn't really capture it

At the start of the comics there is no one in Fabletown who would willingly fuck with Bigby Wolf physically. Not one person, no questions asked. Not the witches, not the demons, not the decrepit gods, not anyone. And he knows it. And he doesn't let anyone forget it.
    He actually brings Bluebeard to heel hard enough to make the guy cry at one point.

As it relates to Ep 4
    The comics actually start off with Bigby sending Colin off to the Farm again, with it implied that this is a thing that happens constantly

"Oh Colin, you rascal," the reader might say, as Bigby literally hogties him and throws him into the back of a pickup truck taking supplies to the farm

It's almost impossible to get anything past Bigby, because Willingham is pretty hardline about him having the senses of the prototypical wolf. There were scenes in the game that couldn't happen in the comics because Bigby could figure out who something belongs to or who's handled something just by smelling it, like Wolverine times a thousand

He has enough general knowledge and enough specifically attuned senses that trying to trick him about things borders on the impossible

I recommend the comics to everyone, no questions asked. If it werent' for Saga it would still be my favorite ongoing comic.

It's winding down, now, leading up to the end, but it's really strong the whole way through and very, very worth reading.
    Bigby of the comics would never have fallen for that glamoured Snow. Not for a moment. Her perfume? Bigby knows her smell, not the smell of the things she wears, but the smell of her as a person, so well that he practically knows where she is at all times. He'd have detected that it was someone else almost immediately. Your dog would never be fooled into thinking a well-disguised stranger was you. And that's an incredibly diluted distant cousin of the Alpha Wolf among Alpha Wolves that is Bigby. That's the closest thing to a problem I have with this game. Bigby's too much of a generic copper. There's none of those wolf instincts. Nor the "doing this for hundreds of years" instincts, for that matter. Compare how dense Bigby seems here to what he pulls in the first story in the comics (okay Rose Red and Jack are no big crime bosses, but still, he's damn clever and guileful. I get why he is that way in the game, but it's still a little disappointing.

I really hope he goes full wolf at some point in the final chapter. Wanna see some real huffing and puffing.

Yeah, me too
    I half expect him to do it in defense when Bloody Mary gets her hands on him

But if they play it right it'll be a real horror moment, because everyone in Fabletown - everyone - is afraid of the big bad wolf

I want to see the Tweedles hiding behind a door, and a muzzle the size of a man's torso pressing through the opening. A real "Little pig, little pig" moment

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    interestingly enough, the achievements have been up for the entire game since launch (including yet to be released episodes) and while it might not mean anything,
    the final chaper achievement for the final episode references the north wind, which in fables lore is bigby's dad (and where he got his huffing power from), and has an icon of bigby wolfed out

and then another one of the achievements is called "this house of straw" and the icon is of colin (the pig)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    hahahahhaha episode 3
    snow just gut punched crane, that was incredible

• Options
    end of episode 3
    it is surprising to me that less than half the players killed tweedle dum. I've been playing bigby as a super good cop, but for instance he instantly punches anyone who calls Snow a bitch (georgie, gren), and at that point I was like yeah fuck this guy, this guy is trying to kill me.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Hey Langly
    Does Bloody Mary make any comment on you killing Dum? She makes a comment on you sparing him

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey Langly
    Does Bloody Mary make any comment on you killing Dum? She makes a comment on you sparing him

she did not she was just like whatever.

Langly on
  • Options
    oh man the episode splash for 4 is wonderful, bluebeard looks so fucking smug

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I know they cast the guy that played Lee for Bluebeard on purpose and the meta-ness of it totally works on me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    episode 4
    *you chose friendship over the rules*

no I chose FREEDOM over FASCISM, MUSNOWLINI

musnowlini copyrighted under I needed a name to Post inc.

Langly on
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »
    oh man the episode splash for 4 is wonderful, bluebeard looks so fucking smug

Every time Bluebeard is on screen I find myself jonesing for a Punch Bluebeard prompt.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    episode 4
    beauty and the beast's answering machine had me rolling

• Options
    This episode revealed that Beauty & Beast are the worst

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    the Jersey Devil
    was fucking terrifying

Best action scene in the game so far

Which is saying something!

Absolutely brutal

As it relates to Ep 4

Yeah, me too
    I half expect him to do it in defense when Bloody Mary gets her hands on him

But if they play it right it'll be a real horror moment, because everyone in Fabletown - everyone - is afraid of the big bad wolf

I want to see the Tweedles hiding behind a door, and a muzzle the size of a man's torso pressing through the opening. A real "Little pig, little pig" moment

The trailer for ep 5 definitely seemed like it was hinting towards that happening

...Which since as we all know these trailers always lie, I guess guarantees it will not actually happen

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Yeah
    "So, since you're heading over to the Crooked Man anyway, would you mind making sure he dies so we don't have to pay back our loans?"
    "You want me to kill him?"
    "NO! How could you think that?? We just want you to make sure that he falls down some stairs onto the huntsman's axe, we would really appreciate it."

Not that I'm particularly averse to the Crooked Man dying, he's complete scum, but I'm not going to just murder a dude, and especially not just because you guys are so worried about your debts.

• Options
    Peccavi wrote: »

Yeah
    "So, since you're heading over to the Crooked Man anyway, would you mind making sure he dies so we don't have to pay back our loans?"
    "NO! How could you think that?? We just want you to make sure that he falls down some stairs onto the huntsman's axe, we would really appreciate it."

Not that I'm particularly averse to the Crooked Man dying, he's complete scum, but I'm not going to just murder a dude, and especially not just because you guys are so worried about your debts.
    Your debts THAT ARE ENTIRELY YOUR OWN FAULT BECAUSE YOU WON'T SCALE DOWN YOUR DUMB LIFESTYLE

At some point they should realize this is shitty 1970s-style New York and you can't have an apartment with a chandelier in it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    episode 4
    only 25 percent of people lit a cigarette at the end

only 39 percent told colin he didn't have to go to the farm

what are you monsters even doing

• Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    man, I loved the Jersey Devil's design

totally wasn't what I was expecting
    also loved how we got to impale him with his own horn and curbstomp his face

• Options
    Episode 4
    They've been running this Haves versus Have Nots through the whole story, but the part with Tiny Tim was pretty bad.

Yes Tim, the guy with slave labor and murder and loan sharking is definitely the bad guy here. You can't use Crane as an example of how both sides are bad when the crooked man controls Crane

• Options
    Robcham wrote: »
    man, I loved the Jersey Devil's design

totally wasn't what I was expecting
    also loved how we got to impale him with his own horn and curbstomp his face
    yeah, he called Snow White a bitch and I was like, man, Bigby doesn't like that one bit. Not at all. So now it's stomping time.

• Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Episode 4
    They've been running this Haves versus Have Nots through the whole story, but the part with Tiny Tim was pretty bad.

Yes Tim, the guy with slave labor and murder and loan sharking is definitely the bad guy here. You can't use Crane as an example of how both sides are bad when the crooked man controls Crane
    I saw it as he didn't know Crane was also under the Crooked Man's thumb. Even with that, the upper class of fable town like BlueBeard are totally indifferent to helping out the have nots

but then again, Tim came across as dim to me

• Options
    [Smoke]

• Options
    Yeah, there's lots of things Bigby will put up with

But you really really really really really shouldn't insult Snow White in front of him

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Yeah

There was no way I couldn't pick the "Fuck Off" option when Beast started complaining about how their used to a "certain lifestyle."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Yeah

There was no way I couldn't pick the "Fuck Off" option when Beast started complaining about how their used to a "certain lifestyle."

I chose
    the smug, sarcastic "no, I guess I wouldn't understand" answer. They're smart people who want respect. I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of being the villain here, they know they're scum and they can fucking stew in it.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    so in episode 4 who else
    chose to just let woody and jersey beat on each other instead of restraining one

I felt that was the right thing to do

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Ever since that scene with the Woodsman in the bar in Episode 1, I've been trying really hard to reconcile with Woody. Sure the dude's kind of a scumbag, but he has enough self-loathing, it just doesn't feel right to have me riding his case on top of it. I guess I've gone from hating him to pitying him?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Ever since that scene with the Woodsman in the bar in Episode 1, I've been trying really hard to reconcile with Woody. Sure the dude's kind of a scumbag, but he has enough self-loathing, it just doesn't feel right to have me riding his case on top of it. I guess I've gone from hating him to pitying him?

yeah me too.
    I restrained the devil and later I asked if he was going to be ok. poor woody.

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »

Yeah

I chose
    the smug, sarcastic "no, I guess I wouldn't understand" answer. They're smart people who want respect. I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of being the villain here, they know they're scum and they can fucking stew in it.

Plus they're just such goddamn drama queens.

Bigby ain't gonna play along with their hysterics, if they wanna spout bullshit he's just gonna roll his eyes and move along with his day.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    How to Bigby Wolf:

1. Always "Take money"

2. Always "Kick down door"

3. *smoke*

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Yeah normally I'd expect some kind of repercussions for taking the money but in every situation it ends up being the okay thing to do

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ok, on a scale of "it's okay" to "holy shit buy it," should I buy this game?

• Options
    Holy shit buy it

You probably won't even have to wait long for the final episode to come out, the previous two have had really quick turnarounds.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I hadn't actually heard of it till the newspost, but it sounds up my alley

• Options
    The style is a super neon drenched 80's murder mystery where all the characters are from fairy tales, it's really good.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I just got this game two days ago. Holy shit.

Episode 1 spoilers
    I feel like such dick for ripping that guys arm off