Options

Pfft..I wish..

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I wish people had to have licenses before having kids. Like a drivers license. You need one before you can operate a machine that can potentially kill someone, maybe we need one for an act that can potentially do the same and worse.

Bah. If only.

I hope everyone realizes the amazingly intrusive methods that this would require. People flip shit at the US still having a draft registry. Imagine if you were forced into state mandated birth control methods with periodic checks with a criminal penalty.

• Options
    "I'm a smart person and am tired of dealing with stupid people. Let's enact horrific breeding controls tied to state mandated testing means!"

No! NO! If you think that you might as well admit that you've given up on understanding compassion as a concept.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I don't think anyone here actually wishes for that scenario.

It was a joke about people being terrible parents.

• Options
    It comes up a lot. A LOT. The idea of licensing children. It's horrible. The very idea, even as a joke, is horrible, because many people hold to that being a valid idea. Maybe have a standard birth and parenting course that you can attend for free that allows you a very minor tax incentive for the first two fiscal years after birth if you complete the course. No check-ins, just take the parenting course, complete it, get your very minor additional tax deduction.

No licensing of the ability of human reproduction. That idea is fucking bananas.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    15 year old boys lined up around the corner applying for their learner's permits.

• Options
    I'm getting old. Having kids isn't a joke area for me anymore. It's me. I'm the old fogey.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I mean, really, if we want less stupid people in the world we should just focus on improving education and improving access to education.

And really, I mean, we are smarter now than we have ever really been historically. But, we still have tons to work on, of course.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Weaver wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I wish people had to have licenses before having kids. Like a drivers license. You need one before you can operate a machine that can potentially kill someone, maybe we need one for an act that can potentially do the same and worse.

Bah. If only.

I hope everyone realizes the amazingly intrusive methods that this would require. People flip shit at the US still having a draft registry. Imagine if you were forced into state mandated birth control methods with periodic checks with a criminal penalty.

I hope you realize that you are arguing about the practical implementation of something that is clearly a wish in a thread entitled "Pffft..I wish.."

I don't think anyone but you actually thought that was a serious concept. Of course it'd be fraught - with complexities far past the practical - to the point of just being impossible.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    On another note, if I ever find out who you are (you know who you are <3 ), I am going to kiss you furiously.

Oh, well in that case it was me

I'm the person that uh

did the thing

I'm pretty cool like that

Or something?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I actually have a son who is amazing and has a great life with his mom and step-dad and step-siblings, and I've been a step-dad, so I'm a bit touchy on the topic. Sorry for over-reacting. I just don't want anyone thinking that licensing births is a good idea. Sorry.

• Options
    "hmm, need to change topic, un-kill the thread"

I wish that I had dental coverage.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I mean, really, if we want less stupid people in the world we should just focus on improving education and improving access to education.

Sounds a whole lot like soshulasms to me.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    In my future government people will be tested for qualities, intelligence, and of course DNA compatibility. Chips will be installed into their genitalia along with bar codes and scanners. In the case of an unacceptable match, the proper hormones will be release to keep the female from becoming pregnant. Their will also be a punishment involved; a sensation similar to blue balls/tubes for two weeks.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    children are horrid

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Not always. D:

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    In my future government people will be tested for qualities, intelligence, and of course DNA compatibility. Chips will be installed into their genitalia along with bar codes and scanners. In the case of an unacceptable match, the proper hormones will be release to keep the female from becoming pregnant. Their will also be a punishment involved; a sensation similar to blue balls/tubes for two weeks.

Sex will sound like the checkout at the supermarket.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Shit my eye. I looked at the laser."

• Options
    I am sitting in orbit, smashing the button that ends all of you.

• Options
    #neworld @Venus_cloudcity

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    children are horrid

Nope, please try again with a better opinion informed by a healthier world view.

• Options
    oh shit wait, this is the button that gives every person a free enchilada

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular

Way to abuse your power, weaver

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

I don't think I have the appropriate knowledge or habitat to care for one of those, please don't press the button. :(

• Options

Way to abuse your power, weaver

I'm imagining orbital drop enchilada delivery systems and cannot stop laughing

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    children are horrid

What? No.

God no.

Children are great.

Parents are horrid

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Fyndir wrote: »

I don't think I have the appropriate knowledge or habitat to care for one of those, please don't press the button. :(

Caring for an enchilada is easy.

Put it in your mouth and bite down.
    I am hoping you seriously confused an enchilada for a chinchilla so my post temporarily mortifies you.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    roll artillery + scatter dice to deep strike enchiladas

please, do it quickly, I want enchiladas

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Weaver you're out of control!

Who are you to force this delicious burden upon us?

• Options
    The extra foil wrapping makes sure that the the enchiladas are heated to a proper temp on re-entry.

If the crowd funding goes through, we'll also attach some tapatio sauce to these tungsten rods and send them down

• Options
    #heavenlychiladas

• Options
    Recent spec-fic suggests that an enchilada space elevator is a more realistic goal.

• Options
    Enchiladas are self-propagating

• Options
    Any one of us could have an enchilada inside them right now.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Requesting deployment at 10:00pm pdt.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I toyed with the idea of 'shopping a chinchilla into an enchilada for a moment there.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Chipotle chinchilla enchiladas.

• Options
    nuka wrote: »
    Requesting deployment at 10:00pm pdt.

Scanning for target lock..

scanning...scanning...scan*TARGET LOCKED*

On that adorable face AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    wait captain k still posts?

what?

sig.png
  • Options
    Captain K posts sometimes.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I don't believe that is true.

• Options
    This thread is both the reason I want Mexican food and the appropriate place to bitch about not having it.

@Weaver You magnificent bastard.