As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pfft..I wish..

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    I have to say, seeing the outpouring of support from everyone kind of gave me perspective on things. I feel really lucky to have friends like all of you, even if I only actually know a handful of you. People have been so kind and amazing and generous and when I saw how worried everyone was about me something just kind of clicked into place.

I'm gonna make it. I might stumble from time to time but I'm gonna be just fine. :D

I am super glad to hear this. You are a lovely person and deserve to be happy. I'm not surprised you had such a massive down with all the stress you are dealing with and having just moved to a new place, even if that new place is meant to be an improvement on where you were before.

Hell, I moved to a new place this time last year and it ended up putting me in one of the worst downs I've had in my life, and I didn't have the money troubles you've been having and was living with family who would never had let me end up homeless, so it should have been easy as anything for me.

Can I ask you to do something, if you haven't done already (and apologies if this is patronising) but while you are feeling good like this make a list of all the things that can help you, like write down hotline phone numbers, friends numbers, a bunch of people on here you would feel safe messaging. And when (hopefully IF) you do stumble again, work through that list. Phone everyone, message everyone, go full Red Alert on that list and exhaust the shit out of it before picking up another knife or anything.

You rock lady <3

Word.

Now that you feel good it's the time to work towards putting together a plan to help you if you have another crisis. I'm not saying you will but as someone who has had to battle to depression too, I know this shit can come in waves and the better you are prepared, the less risk you expose yourself too. A list of support contacts both personal and professional is a great place to start. I also found that working on my ability to mentally process crises really helps.

On a related note, DDV all through this trouble you've been dealing with while I haven't really posted about it I want you to know you were in my thoughts, hoping you would come through okay

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I wish I wasn't so ready to crawl into a fetal position after that test

I wish I hadn't spent days of my life and thousands of dollars studying and paying for a class that would get me nowhere

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I have to say, seeing the outpouring of support from everyone kind of gave me perspective on things. I feel really lucky to have friends like all of you, even if I only actually know a handful of you. People have been so kind and amazing and generous and when I saw how worried everyone was about me something just kind of clicked into place.

I'm gonna make it. I might stumble from time to time but I'm gonna be just fine. :D

I am super glad to hear this. You are a lovely person and deserve to be happy. I'm not surprised you had such a massive down with all the stress you are dealing with and having just moved to a new place, even if that new place is meant to be an improvement on where you were before.

Hell, I moved to a new place this time last year and it ended up putting me in one of the worst downs I've had in my life, and I didn't have the money troubles you've been having and was living with family who would never had let me end up homeless, so it should have been easy as anything for me.

Can I ask you to do something, if you haven't done already (and apologies if this is patronising) but while you are feeling good like this make a list of all the things that can help you, like write down hotline phone numbers, friends numbers, a bunch of people on here you would feel safe messaging. And when (hopefully IF) you do stumble again, work through that list. Phone everyone, message everyone, go full Red Alert on that list and exhaust the shit out of it before picking up another knife or anything.

You rock lady <3

Word.

Now that you feel good it's the time to work towards putting together a plan to help you if you have another crisis. I'm not saying you will but as someone who has had to battle to depression too, I know this shit can come in waves and the better you are prepared, the less risk you expose yourself too. A list of support contacts both personal and professional is a great place to start. I also found that working on my ability to mentally process crises really helps.

On a related note, DDV all through this trouble you've been dealing with while I haven't really posted about it I want you to know you were in my thoughts, hoping you would come through okay

Tef you are hands down the most compassionate person on this forum. Every day I strive to be like you when I grow up.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

You rock lady <3

Word.

Tef you are hands down the most compassionate person on this forum. Every day I strive to be like you when I grow up.

I strive to be like Tef but 2000% less Australian.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »

You rock lady <3

Word.

I strive to be like Tef but 2000% less Australian.

Then you're heading 2000% in the wrong direction my friend

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Lengua tacos.

Lengua. Fucking. Tacos.

Man I tried these the other day and while I could tell they were good, my brain got fixated on the image of eating a tongue and just could not let go of the disgust. Which is dumb cause I've eaten much worse and enjoyed it.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Not a fan if lengua or cabeza tacos gonna keep it a hunnid

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    children are horrid

Nope, please try again with a better opinion informed by a healthier world view.

ok I did that and discovered children are still awful

• Options
    Why did I tell my parents I am dropping a class

The last thing I need on top of this weeklong nervous breakdown is people yelling at me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Why did I tell my parents I am dropping a class

The last thing I need on top of this weeklong nervous breakdown is people yelling at me

I wish Bluedude all the best and hope that his parents will understand in time why he did what he did in the context of his breakdown.

488W936.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    How to have a pleasant relationship with your parents:

Step 1) Never tell them anything about what's going on in your life
    Step 2) Restrict group television viewing to the weather channel. If the topic of global warming comes up, throw the TV out the window.
    Step 3) move a couple states away ASAP.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Kids are great. Most of the time. Sometimes they're awful. But they're kids, so you can usually teach them to be awful a minimal amount of the time.

• Options
    I mean I get along with my parents great, and they have have helped me get through so much shit

But sometimes they forget that Aspergers isn't something you just get over

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I wish that lunatic pope guy hadnt imed me

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    How to have a pleasant relationship with your parents:

Step 1) Never tell them anything about what's going on in your life
    Step 2) Restrict group television viewing to the weather channel. If the topic of global warming comes up, throw the TV out the window.
    Step 3) move a couple states away ASAP.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/27yearold-lies-about-every-single-aspect-of-his-li,34382/

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Some Onion articles are possibly the most depressing things I have ever read.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I mean I get along with my parents great, and they have have helped me get through so much shit

But sometimes they forget that Aspergers isn't something you just get over

I understand this so damn much. Even though my parents, mostly my Mom, have been super supportive and understanding in so many ways, they still don't understand this basic thing, and every time you remind them it's like your trying to make an excuse in their ears and they shake it off. So frustrating.

488W936.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I wish my roommate wasn't such a vapid, vacuous, insufferably corrosive hag. She makes me so miserable that I just want to stay in my room all day.

• Options
    HammerHorrorHammerHorror Registered User regular
    Wish I didn't have a weird craving for CiCi's pizza.

Yuk.

• Options
    I wish my roommate wasn't such a vapid, vacuous, insufferably corrosive hag. She makes me so miserable that I just want to stay in my room all day.

Shes a bully.

Theres not a lot you can do about it.

But if you put sand in her shoes and clean the sink with her toothbrush none of us will.judge you.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Wish I didn't have a weird craving for CiCi's pizza.

Yuk.

perhaps you've been poisoned and need an emetic?

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    She (K) keeps her bedroom door locked and she has her own private bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and walk-in closet.

She's just so aggressive and terse with me. And the only times she's spoken to me since I got back from the hospital were to snap into conversations she was not party to and tell me how it is. My other roommate (J) was just planning her boyfriend's birthday party and asked her if she'd take her to the store to pick up some liquor. She asked if I could go along to help carry stuff and 'K' was just like 'no. absolutely not. I'm not her fucking taxi,' etc. And then later that night our other roommate (A) asked her if she'd drive her to the store. It was like 10PM. She jumped right on it.

She doesn't take care of her animals. The cats went two days without food before she bought them some. She doesn't feed them. She doesn't pay attention to them. She doesn't clean their litter. She had a mastiff when I moved here. His name is Bo, and he is just the sweetest piece of pie (ask @usagi ).And he loves her so goddamn much. But her boyfriend is moving in and he brought his two labradors with him and now she's talking about getting rid of her dog because he's miserable. He isn't aggressive towards the other dogs...but he's so sad that these new dogs are here, and he's been acting out a bit and it pisses me off so bad because she's had this dog for years and now she's talking about getting rid of him as if he were a throw pillow instead of just showing him some love. The other night she took her boyfriend's dogs out for a walk and left him at home, and the look he had on his face made me cry for him. My other roommate (T) took him on his very own walk though. <3

She's just crazy. And she's lying to us. About everything. She has like four or five kids and the only one she talks to is her six year old from her most recent marriage. She's the reason why I made that post on facebook a while back about people who talk about their 'crazy asshole exes' really dismissively sometimes trigger big giant red flags with me. Why doesn't she have anything to do with her other kids (one of them came to our door and I had to be the one to tell her to leave because K was literally behind me like "NO. NO. NOOOO." And what sort of divorce agreement results in a mother not having anything more than visitation rights for her six year old son? I'm not saying I think she was abusive or anything...I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure there's another side to that story and I'm pretty sure it's fucked up.

She always has to be the center of attention. She literally came downstairs in the middle of T's birthday party to brag to the guests about her (amazingly gorgeous) british boyfriend and like show off pictures of them together. Today before he arrived she could not shut the fuck up about how much sex they were about to have. :rotate:

I just...I'm at my breaking point. This woman is stressing me out. She's weird and she treats everyone like crap. Anyone know someone in the northish part of Gresham, Oregon who needs a roomie?

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular

You rock lady <3

Word.

Thanks metal, that's very nice of you to say! For my part, I'm humbled by your courage and your kindness so I can't help but feel that even having never met you and only going of the anecdotes you've related to us, you must be a great mum and you partner's kids are lucky to have you in their lives <3

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Hooo boy

Yeah that lady sounds like a whole pile of crazy

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    She (K) keeps her bedroom door locked and she has her own private bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and walk-in closet.

She's just so aggressive and terse with me. And the only times she's spoken to me since I got back from the hospital were to snap into conversations she was not party to and tell me how it is. My other roommate (J) was just planning her boyfriend's birthday party and asked her if she'd take her to the store to pick up some liquor. She asked if I could go along to help carry stuff and 'K' was just like 'no. absolutely not. I'm not her fucking taxi,' etc. And then later that night our other roommate (A) asked her if she'd drive her to the store. It was like 10PM. She jumped right on it.

She doesn't take care of her animals. The cats went two days without food before she bought them some. She doesn't feed them. She doesn't pay attention to them. She doesn't clean their litter. She had a mastiff when I moved here. His name is Bo, and he is just the sweetest piece of pie (ask @usagi ).And he loves her so goddamn much. But her boyfriend is moving in and he brought his two labradors with him and now she's talking about getting rid of her dog because he's miserable. He isn't aggressive towards the other dogs...but he's so sad that these new dogs are here, and he's been acting out a bit and it pisses me off so bad because she's had this dog for years and now she's talking about getting rid of him as if he were a throw pillow instead of just showing him some love. The other night she took her boyfriend's dogs out for a walk and left him at home, and the look he had on his face made me cry for him. My other roommate (T) took him on his very own walk though. <3

She's just crazy. And she's lying to us. About everything. She has like four or five kids and the only one she talks to is her six year old from her most recent marriage. She's the reason why I made that post on facebook a while back about people who talk about their 'crazy asshole exes' really dismissively sometimes trigger big giant red flags with me. Why doesn't she have anything to do with her other kids (one of them came to our door and I had to be the one to tell her to leave because K was literally behind me like "NO. NO. NOOOO." And what sort of divorce agreement results in a mother not having anything more than visitation rights for her six year old son? I'm not saying I think she was abusive or anything...I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure there's another side to that story and I'm pretty sure it's fucked up.

She always has to be the center of attention. She literally came downstairs in the middle of T's birthday party to brag to the guests about her (amazingly gorgeous) british boyfriend and like show off pictures of them together. Today before he arrived she could not shut the fuck up about how much sex they were about to have. :rotate:

I just...I'm at my breaking point. This woman is stressing me out. She's weird and she treats everyone like crap. Anyone know someone in the northish part of Gresham, Oregon who needs a roomie?

This woman is a monster. You are litetally a saint for not shoving her into traffic.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I'd say you should have let the kid in and let her deal with her own issues, but that really isn't a situation you want a kid in.

All I gotta say is get oooooout

Outta there fast as you can

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

What's her status in terms of being on the lease and what sort of "get out, legally" actions can be taken? Because fuuuuuuuck that.

• Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    I wish bidets were common in the US, because my bunghole is hella raw after that album i just dropped at China Throne Records

• Options
    I'm a huge fan of hopping in the shower after a poop

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    What's her status in terms of being on the lease and what sort of "get out, legally" actions can be taken? Because fuuuuuuuck that.

Legally I am not on the lease but I paid rent up through the end of november. When December 1st hits I am homeless. I could just walk out in the meantime, but that might not be the best idea.

I dunno what I'm gonna do on the first. I'm hoping I can somehow scrounge up enough money to pay rent and stuff someplace else. And hopefully I should be starting my job soon.

It seems like a lot of stuff to hope for, honestly. This entire situation is triggering the shit out of me. And when she deliberately misgenders me to her houseguests and stuff it just makes me want to jump off a building. I'm gonna try to be strong, but I need to get out of here soon. This is even worse than my living situation was in Iowa.

• Options
    And in a stupid way I feel selfish for complaining about it because I know a bunch of people here are way worse off than I am and could use the help a lot more than me like @dubh and @calamity jane and @antimatter

People have already given me so much. I wish I was in a position to help someone else out. I kind of hate myself for not being able to be there for somebody.

These are the kinds of circular thought process that make me spiral to the point where I've started cutting my wrists.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

Wouldn't you just get poo all over your foot though?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    You gotta focus on fixing yourself before you can be a help to others. Think of getting yourself better as prep for helping all the other people you want to help.

• Options
    Hermano wrote: »

Wouldn't you just get poo all over your foot though?

feet are made for having poop on them

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    So... uh...

I'm taking donations now, if any of y'all want to help.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm pretty much selling the skin on my ass, by the way

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

Why would I want to buy that? Would it make good book-binding?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Assonomicon

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »

You burned mine off last time we played TF2, so I am in the market.

488W936.png
  • Options
    I half hope someone makes that donation, because it would make such a good story.

Miss me? Find me on: