As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Digital Devil [Phalla]: Rebirth - Final Cycle: Future

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    As far as I know INANTP was the only person to come to Saber day 1, who claimed to attack Spoit. Since narration gave the impression that no villagers were involved in Spoit's death, we figured that warranted trying to see what color INANTP would bleed.

Anyways, Blarney, thanks for hosting this.

Also I feel bad for suspected Mikey and monorail as being mafia; especially, since the hit squad was clean. In my defense some people weren't giving me info and it always looks bad to miss getting orders in (even if there are justifiable reasons). Mafia just seemed to be doing a good job whittling down the squad, without knowing who all was in it outside of me, saber and premium.

I'm completely shocked that we somehow managed to get ~14 people together for a kill squad and not a single one of them was mafia

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    1: Everyone I talked to in PM was village.
    2: Everyone I hit with a buff was village.
    3: Everyone I got a "not mafia" vibe off of was not mafia.
    4: My mafia radar sucks.

• Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    My apologies to Drez and El Skid. I coordinated the vote and kill on you because, to put it simply, I had no idea mafia had a group kill other than the sun.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    As far as I know INANTP was the only person to come to Saber day 1, who claimed to attack Spoit. Since narration gave the impression that no villagers were involved in Spoit's death, we figured that warranted trying to see what color INANTP would bleed.

Also I feel bad for suspected Mikey and monorail as being mafia; especially, since the hit squad was clean. In my defense some people weren't giving me info and it always looks bad to miss getting orders in (even if there are justifiable reasons). Mafia just seemed to be doing a good job whittling down the squad, without knowing who all was in it outside of me, saber and premium.

I'm completely shocked that we somehow managed to get ~14 people together for a kill squad and not a single one of them was mafia

About a 4% chance! Assuming random selections - its possible that the mafia might self-select out to work together instead

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Remind me to never help rgg in one of these games ever again. Damn.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

About a 4% chance! Assuming random selections - its possible that the mafia might self-select out to work together instead

I actually invited most of them before roles even went out, though there was one or two that crept in afterwards.

and thanks for doing the math Phyphor!

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Who was the other guard by the way, pieced together that they must have died the day they guarded me.

Fun game, big thanks to MrB. Had a stressful time following this wondering if there were disconnected factions in the village that would take out Sepah early based on the number of votes he was getting. THink any game where the seer makes it to the final 3 people is going to favor the village.

I love the idea behind all the resistances and powers in the game, I think because there were so many I'm wondering how much they really had an effect or were just something fun for us to mess around assigning points into

Tiphareth was the other villager with a Void skill with the complementary Void Phys instead of Void Element.

As for resistances and powers, they didn't matter as much as I expected them to, because most people went for the instant-kill, non-standard elemental, and status effect skills. I guess I should have priced the instant-kill and non-standard elemental skills more...

Oh yeah, in case anyone missed it, I have a big Wall Of Text above detailing this point and more remarks regarding the game. Go ahead and take a look, I hope it'll be worth your time.

If there are any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Look, I wasn't myself during that netheadship :(

Basically went bonkers on overanalysis and confirmation bias when I decided Kay was mafia, when original my gut hunches were all basically right (except about discrider). I, of course, reversed my opinion on everyone in a fit of insanity.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    I was going to let Preda stew for a couple of hours and reflect on the good times of Tiph's healing team. But no. Seer gets to kill the game.

Wouldn't have happened. The fact that I was alive proved that Sepah wasn't mafia, the fact that the petrification hit Alegis instead of CaptainPlanet82, the other net member proved he wasn't sk.
    There was no way I would change vote...

• Options
    And I feel I owe the same apology to ZH, so, my apologies for calling the vote for you ZH, I was still hoping that action records meant a damn.

• Options
    My stat block is a barren wasteland, by the way.

Despite all the attention and suspicion, literally the only hostile move I ever received was a Zan. On day one. Never did find out who that was.

• Options
    JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    Thanks for a fantastic game, MrBlarney.

• Options
    High five Preda!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Look, I wasn't myself during that netheadship :(

Basically went bonkers on overanalysis and confirmation bias when I decided Kay was mafia.

The whole game was a little off-kilter because so many vets showed up.I wouldn't have lasted as long as I did if the board hadn't been nearly swept of people who know I'm Always Mafia, and we'd have aimed a lot better if Infidel or Sir Fab had been around late, I imagine.

I was just starting to wonder why Sepah was teflon when you guys instagibbed me, too, and knowing Tiph was the other guard makes me annoyed about whiffing that Day 1 attempt to sleep him.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Blarney, I'm curious, how many people that were sporting high agility, with null physical builds, went for instant kills?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Phone posting so keeping it short.

This was an amazing game. Thanks for hosting MrB. Your games never disappoint and I wish there was someway for you to teach a class or something to newer hosts.

MAFIAAAAAA! I aimed a Devils Feast on Sir Fab (wow that post you made was so mafia). When I saw it landed I was so pumped because it would have given me some great exp for the solo kill with the bonus exp. Then I saw I was also dead. I was on the fast track to an awesome build. Why did you kill me?!?!?!

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I found it very funny that you made a "I'm gonna grudge you" post to the bad guys , @Obifett :rotate:

it wasn't like good guys killed you :D

• Options
    Blarney, I'm curious, how many people that were sporting high agility, with null physical builds, went for instant kills?

Everyone I hope, unless they were all defensive

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Phone posting so keeping it short.

This was an amazing game. Thanks for hosting MrB. Your games never disappoint and I wish there was someway for you to teach a class or something to newer hosts.

MAFIAAAAAA! I aimed a Devils Feast on Sir Fab (wow that post you made was so mafia). When I saw it landed I was so pumped because it would have given me some great exp for the solo kill with the bonus exp. Then I saw I was also dead. I was on the fast track to an awesome build. Why did you kill me?!?!?!

I insisted we kill you because I am still mad about the SK victory in DF phalla 2 and you're on damn fire lately. It's on the proboard but I'll save you the trip.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    I found it very funny that you made a "I'm gonna grudge you" post to the bad guys , @Obifett :rotate:

it wasn't like good guys killed you :D

Wait, I got village killed?!

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    no , I just found it funny that you were grudging that bad guys for doing their job ;-)

• Options
    Never been targeted with anything the entire game, excluding the buffs my gentle mafious buddy @discrider sent my way. Helped making my ingest more powerful. Not that I used it well, killing 2 village plus 1 alredy dead.
    Great game Sepah You get it home for us despite my effort to blow it...

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    no , I just found it funny that you were grudging that bad guys for doing their job ;-)

Its their timing I am grudging. ;)

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Great game! Really hoping for a shorter gap till your next one :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    And now I have to go to work without sleeping even a single minute...
    I hate you all, you're addicting...

• Options

Crap, I knew I was forgetting something for post-game: build statistics.

According to my Day 1 records, there were twelve people who posted a resistance distribution with Null Physical, and of those twelve, five had what would be called a high-agility build (AG >= 7). All five went towards non-standard elemental or instant-kill skills, though two were eliminated so early on that they never went beyond their initial skill purchase. And really, that's how it was meant to be! If you've got high ST, go for physical skills, if you've got high MA, go for magic skills. If you have high AG, then you can't rely on direct damage: you then go for status effects, Hama(on), and instant-kill skills.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Preda wrote: »
    And now I have to go to work without sleeping even a single minute...
    I hate you all, you're addicting...

Welcome to Phalla!

• Options
    Well, so far as I'm concerned. Obi, we're even in my ledger as you're probably as annoyed as I was when I not only conceded but told the village how to win... and they didn't listen.

• Options
    Aww. I wasn't even in the mafia list to be considered as seer.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Well, so far as I'm concerned. Obi, we're even in my ledger as you're probably as annoyed as I was when I not only conceded but told the village how to win... and they didn't listen.

Fair enough. Maybe one day we will get to work together.

• Options
    Sepah wrote: »

I was pretty sure we were going to get you during the inactive witch-hunt or one of the vote pushes; can't speak for the others.

• Options
    Preda's nondead ghostpost had me rolling.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Also to hopefully kill off some bad game play in the future. Note how INANTP didn't lie outside of being mafia and covering up for one of GG's mistakes. That's to say, just because someone is being forthcoming with information does not mean they are confirmed. If telling the truth won't out them, then it's to the mafia's advantage to tell the truth.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    mafia mantra:

never lie or fight, unless it's necessary or really funny

speaking of kime what the hell were you drinking day 2

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    Sepah wrote: »

that means you did good. :P

any time i'm village, I always try to be a little suspicious. if you act too good, someone is likely to notice and kill ya.

that was a fun game. thanks @MrBlarney for hosting!

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    Hell, I think I only lied during blah's action-audit, and even then I just repeated the lie I'd already told Tiphareth and gave him accurate info for the more-recent stuff.

I should honestly lie a bit more when mafia if only because Saber and premium have clearly keyed on my recent aversion to making shit up.

• Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Crap, I knew I was forgetting something for post-game: build statistics.

According to my Day 1 records, there were twelve people who posted a resistance distribution with Null Physical, and of those twelve, five had what would be called a high-agility build (AG >= 7). All five went towards non-standard elemental or instant-kill skills, though two were eliminated so early on that they never went beyond their initial skill purchase. And really, that's how it was meant to be! If you've got high ST, go for physical skills, if you've got high MA, go for magic skills. If you have high AG, then you can't rely on direct damage: you then go for status effects, Hama(on), and instant-kill skills.

How many went high magic & almighty?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting, MrB. I was sort of amazed I survived as long as I did. Nobody even so much as took a swing at me until day 10, which surprised me as I was being a surlier bastard than usual this game.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    How many went high magic & almighty?
    Of the nine players that ended Day 1 with MA >= 7, six players went towards Megido(la), one went towards the healing section of the Mantra Grid, one went towards the earth-elemental skills, and one had a distributed build.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Also to hopefully kill off some bad game play in the future. Note how INANTP didn't lie outside of being mafia and covering up for one of GG's mistakes. That's to say, just because someone is being forthcoming with information does not mean they are confirmed. If telling the truth won't out them, then it's to the mafia's advantage to tell the truth.

Actually INANTP lied about two of his actions by the time he sent his action list to me (his day 2 action of poisoning rend and his claim to have buffed the nethead before the nethead was mafiakilled)

I was all "yeah you don't have a single accountable action by day 9? You were silenced for six days? Bullshit, you're the SK."

Some tiny voice in the back of my mind cried out that he might yet still be mafia, and was swiftly ignored. It was time to fake a seer call.

Rawkking Goodguy on