As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Digital Devil [Phalla]: Rebirth - Final Cycle: Future

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I WAS SILENCED FOR SIX GODDAMN DAYS AND IF ANYONE QUESTIONS IT AGAIN I'LL PUNCH THEM IN THE MOUTH

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SHERLOCK AND WATSON RIGHT HERE READY AND WAITING FOR YOU

I DEDUCE A HAYMAKER

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    (It was actually four days, five if you count the initial day of affliction, which I needed a name to post. outsped. Still not a very fun ailment to be afflicted with for 'bonus' days.)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    it was a bummer because i felt that other than the fact that i could always be more active i felt i played a decent game, but because i could do literally nothing i couldn't do anything to get the suspicion that saber laid initially down off of me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'd feel bad about not just getting Amrita and putting you back in action but the result has been a lot of really entertaining posts and I did manage to dodge what should've been a kill by guarding, so... :3

• Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    I had a lot of fun, thank you for the game @MrBlarney and thank you for the invite @Egos

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Phone posting so keeping it short.

This was an amazing game. Thanks for hosting MrB. Your games never disappoint and I wish there was someway for you to teach a class or something to newer hosts.

MAFIAAAAAA! I aimed a Devils Feast on Sir Fab (wow that post you made was so mafia). When I saw it landed I was so pumped because it would have given me some great exp for the solo kill with the bonus exp. Then I saw I was also dead. I was on the fast track to an awesome build. Why did you kill me?!?!?!

As soon as I made that post I regretted it. It seemed like nobody even noticed except for you, which was why I was so excited that you were going to die. Once you were gone I was scott free.

But you couldn't leave well enough alone!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    weeeeeee

I was right about Dagon at least.

Which means I was right about Cyth on Day

Also, thank you mafia for killing me before the weekend. Or else they were going to make me nethead and yeah... that wouldn't have gone very well.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Hahaha Sepah was the seer. Well that does explain trying to lay low! I like to think I gave you cover from mafia with my accusations, making my rambling a bit useful.
    Damn, my last mafia list was terrible. Guess we already got out of the TRV-Bedlam vote what we could and discrider was well positioned. Good job guys!

Funny mafia wasted the petrify kill on me final night, I had 40 HP left from the Dharmapala Mob attack. Thanks for hosting @Mr Blarney!

Alegis on
  • Options
    Pooh pooh, Ahava, you'dve done fine. No worse than me, anyway...

• Options
    I have updated the master spreadsheet with player actions and targets (though not their order), in case anyone was interested. First page also has everyone's resistance loadouts.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Out of curiosity MrBlarney, was my distributed stat build extra effective vs the Dharmapala Mob or did I just get lucky?
    I didn't put much thought in it, I just wanted to 'survive' so I went for the extra HP although the extra agi would probably have been a better choice. I only figured I'd become a healer by day 4 orso.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You were struck by five of the six components of the attack; even if the sixth hit (and it was a close roll), you would only have been killed on a critical hit. I can't really say if your build was 'extra-effective' against the mob attack, but that you survived it shows that something went right for you. It was better than how CaptainPlanet82 fared, as he was barely knocked out by the mob attack, where he had less ST and MA in favor of AG (but unluckily struck by all components).

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Mill wrote: »
    Blarney, I'm curious, how many people that were sporting high agility, with null physical builds, went for instant kills?

Everyone I hope, unless they were all defensive

Crap, I knew I was forgetting something for post-game: build statistics.

According to my Day 1 records, there were twelve people who posted a resistance distribution with Null Physical, and of those twelve, five had what would be called a high-agility build (AG >= 7). All five went towards non-standard elemental or instant-kill skills, though two were eliminated so early on that they never went beyond their initial skill purchase. And really, that's how it was meant to be! If you've got high ST, go for physical skills, if you've got high MA, go for magic skills. If you have high AG, then you can't rely on direct damage: you then go for status effects, Hama(on), and instant-kill skills.

I was one of these people. I was going to use the basic instant-kill attack which I had just picked up the night I died to the vote.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Hey, was INANTP really silenced, or was that all MAFIA TOMFOOLERY? :D

The network killed me because RGG went completely insane in the last minutes. I WAS A GOOD HEAL/BUFF/INSTAKILL BOT.

I also had discrider pegged, but he played it exceptionally well.

Also, Infidel! INFIIDELLLL! We were buff buddies. At least the Mafia didn't kill me.

RE: Sun as SK. IN MY DEFENSE, DUE had revealed, insisted he was not concerned with either side (which was technically true) and was willing to work with us. Thematically, the Demi Fiend seemed more likely to be a powerful survival neutral, and the Sun/God seemed more likely to be an SK from the theme, hence my insistence. Oh well! But I was wrong. So, so wrong.

Narrations seemed to hint that they were as weirded out by the petrification as we were, but rethinking things? Given that Sera could be considered part of the resistance, and she's the one that made the sun turn black... that also works.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    I WAS SILENCED FOR SIX GODDAMN DAYS AND IF ANYONE QUESTIONS IT AGAIN I'LL PUNCH THEM IN THE MOUTH

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Soooo, this was fun. I was hoping to fly under the guard radar by posing as a nethead. Should have figured that you mafia types just loved killing self-proclaimed netheads.

Discrider +1 for being a horrid little worm in my soft network (along with kime <3). If I had been alive, I'd probably have vouched for him to the end of days.

http://coordinatedstabbing.proboards.com/board/1/general-board

Our proboards. Not much happened there.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    In Memoriam - The Saber Squad:

FullSaberSquad-Dead_zps7a89bc23.png

We were (incredibly) 100% village, and our aim was perfect, targeting only mafia members - two of whom we eliminated with extreme prejudice. While we were all eventually hunted down and killed, our efforts shall never be forgotten in the Heavenly City.

AWOL, deservedly lynched

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Interesting; @discrider you could have figured out Sepah was the seer or at least network confirmed from this:
    from this thread

Along with the push on (non-mafia) tehSloth from RGG after Sepah was in the lead early that day; network trying to save someone. I gave the suggestion to CrimsonCoyote to use passcodes after two network heads were revealed thanks to the "if I die, trust xxx" method. He didn't mention where the idea came from and as such Sepah suspected me more than he should have :(

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Great game, all! Man, if only the mafia had used the multi-attack on me instead of the black sun - my AG was 13, so I had a decent shot at survival. But who cares, we won! Thanks so much for hosting this, @MrBlarney! These statblock games are awesome, can't wait for the next one!

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    @Zombie Hero - Sorry man, I vouched for you to Jaenther, but I guess it didn't make it up the chain. That last day was really frustrating to watch. I kept refreshing the thread, trying to will the village to make the right decision, to no avail. If I were better with photoshop (or had the time to figure it out), I'd try to zombify the Silver Agent statue from Astro City for you ("To Our Eternal Shame") - SAThumb.jpg,

but it's the thought that counts, right?

@undergroundmonorail - I vouched for you, too, and you were off the network's list of probable mafia as far as I knew, but despite that and despite the public call for an end to vigilante, probable villager-on-villager violence, shalmelo killed you anyway. Sorry about that, I tried, probably not hard enough. My heart sank when I saw your name in the narration and I can't tell you how pissed I was when I found out a villager did it.

@SaberOverEasy @Mill @Invictus @Gizzy @premium @ObiFett @Mikey CTS - hi5 guys!

• Options
    Also @Egos is ridiculously good at this game. He's always "proboard Egos", as shalmelo termed it. One of his last infodumps to me had Locus and INANTP listed as likely mafia, with discrider as highly suspect. His Megidola killed The Dagon, and probably Auralynx too? I wish I could've responded to all of the messages, but I was busy and then I was dead. Always a pleasure!

• Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    Interesting; @discrider you could have figured out Sepah was the seer or at least network confirmed from this:
    from this thread

Along with the push on (non-mafia) tehSloth from RGG after Sepah was in the lead early that day; network trying to save someone. I gave the suggestion to CrimsonCoyote to use passcodes after two network heads were revealed thanks to the "if I die, trust xxx" method. He didn't mention where the idea came from and as such Sepah suspected me more than he should have :(

Ahahaha, I love how Day 11 is just, nothing. discrider asking and Preda going all crickets.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    My cospiracy theory could have been good!
    Really!
    Maybe not...

• Options
    Oh my word, @Sepah announces on a proboard that he is the seer, and @Discrider misses it? :(

Also I had some good m-vibes, and RG went insaaaaane with paranoia. (I don't have as much time for Phalla these days, RG! It's why I don't play them as much! I play VIDYAGAMES, write, work and doze a lot now. :P )

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    I was still trying to see if I could convince Preda to change his mind :(

I got affirmations from both Preda and Sepah to end the day through private messages. Besides that, Preda used his final action and target to try and consume Sepah using Ingest (which would have been about a 60% kill chance) so I took the initiative to close things early. I apologize for closing things out early, but it did not appear to me that things were going to shift. Take pride in surviving to the end and putting in a good try!

If you had wanted to end the game when 2/3 people agreed, you should have said as much in the day post.
    You did not. I could have still convinced Preda to swing the other way considering I was soft-networked with him from Day 3.
    And in fact, I didn't notice the closing post because -I WAS STILL TRYING TO SWING HIM-.

It was a good game otherwise, but I'd prefer it if the game was actually played to completion instead of having you set the board on fire.

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    I was going to let Preda stew for a couple of hours and reflect on the good times of Tiph's healing team. But no. Seer gets to kill the game.

Wouldn't have happened. The fact that I was alive proved that Sepah wasn't mafia, the fact that the petrification hit Alegis instead of CaptainPlanet82, the other net member proved he wasn't sk.
    There was no way I would change vote...

The fact that you were alive was down to you being malleable.
    The sun hit Alegis because he was thinking too critically and had a good record, whereas CaptainPlanet got mafia bombed instead.
    Frankly, I don't understand why people thought there were two SKs. I don't even know why the village embraced DUE when their role letters clearly stated to kill any other threats.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Kay wrote: »
    Oh my word, @Sepah announces on a proboard that he is the seer, and @Discrider misses it? :(

Also I had some good m-vibes, and RG went insaaaaane with paranoia. (I don't have as much time for Phalla these days, RG! It's why I don't play them as much! I play VIDYAGAMES, write, work and doze a lot now. :P )

Sorry where?

Frankly, I was just wondering the whole time why the village was playing rubbish. You start from the bottom and work your way up guys. You don't let schuss and sepah and Locus and bedlam all hang around with 0 votes to their name. You kill them all mercilessly and leave Kay alone cause she obviously knows what's up.

So when Sepah kept not getting voted out, I just assumed it was more village toleration of bad records, and not a network propping up the guy behind the scene.

Also that last day thread between me and Preda was less obvious than it seemed, because then he went village head and started communicating through pms. I sort of thought that he had not ever checked back because village head responsibilities, and we hadn't communicated all that frequently anyway.

discrider on
  • Options
    I was still trying to see if I could convince Preda to change his mind :(

I got affirmations from both Preda and Sepah to end the day through private messages. Besides that, Preda used his final action and target to try and consume Sepah using Ingest (which would have been about a 60% kill chance) so I took the initiative to close things early. I apologize for closing things out early, but it did not appear to me that things were going to shift. Take pride in surviving to the end and putting in a good try!

If you had wanted to end the game when 2/3 people agreed, you should have said as much in the day post.
    You did not. I could have still convinced Preda to swing the other way considering I was soft-networked with him from Day 3.
    And in fact, I didn't notice the closing post because -I WAS STILL TRYING TO SWING HIM-.

It was a good game otherwise, but I'd prefer it if the game was actually played to completion instead of having you set the board on fire.
    I probably could have held back a bit, but the situation was pretty clear to me once Preda chimed in with his final selections. Certainly, if Preda and Sepah were not in contact with each other, then things would have been extended for full opinions and persuasions to be laid out. I know it's left a sour taste in your mouth, but it was an unusual circumstance to be in and I felt that a swift resolution was the better choice in that moment. So I hope you'll forgive me for cutting things short, and if you're still interested when my next game rolls around, I hope you'll play. Barring that, I do hope you continue to play games here, and if we're both enrolled in the same game, I welcome your grudge vote with open arms. :)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I'm still surprised that the petrification kill was mafia-controlled. Then again, having 'the sun' as an SK would be pretty... difficult to target. I should have thought along THOSE lines, coupled with 'Sera made the sun turn dark, maybe Sera gets to control it in this game', and there were hints in the narration that the resistance/mafia had it under control (and yet were wary of it).

DUE being accepted by the village... well. That was one of the things he did well. Coupled with me going with the lore and pointing out how much sense it made for the Demi-Fiend to be a survival neutral. (He quoted a power to me that only the Demi-Fiend learns, the Demi-Fiend was in a lot of the narration videos, and the way the DF turns up in DDS2 is very much 'survival neutral' theme rather than SK - he's a hidden boss battle, and the music that plays is the standard encounter music from Nocturne, the game he's in. He really does consider you all just to be a random encounter, and unless you're built for it, he will CRUSH you like a random encounter :P )

So yeah. DUE's acceptance? Partially my fault, partially him playing it well.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    First I told too much, than I played dumb on the question...
    Preda wrote: »
    I was going to let Preda stew for a couple of hours and reflect on the good times of Tiph's healing team. But no. Seer gets to kill the game.

Wouldn't have happened. The fact that I was alive proved that Sepah wasn't mafia, the fact that the petrification hit Alegis instead of CaptainPlanet82, the other net member proved he wasn't sk.
    There was no way I would change vote...

The fact that you were alive was down to you being malleable.
    The sun hit Alegis because he was thinking too critically and had a good record, whereas CaptainPlanet got mafia bombed instead.
    Frankly, I don't understand why people thought there were two SKs. I don't even know why the village embraced DUE when their role letters clearly stated to kill any other threats.

Indipendently from my malleability, living me alive cleared sepah from mafia suspicions. Than you've been unlucky using the two kills the way you did, it eliminated even the most remote chance of a second SK.
    Than killing you come as kind of obvious...

• Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    Hahaha Sepah was the seer. Well that does explain trying to lay low! I like to think I gave you cover from mafia with my accusations, making my rambling a bit useful.
    Damn, my last mafia list was terrible. Guess we already got out of the TRV-Bedlam vote what we could and discrider was well positioned. Good job guys!

Funny mafia wasted the petrify kill on me final night, I had 40 HP left from the Dharmapala Mob attack. Thanks for hosting @Mr Blarney!

I wasn't sure how much got through the first night. We had no way of telling how much damage the group attacks were doing, so I thought that maybe you were guarding the first night (being a vote leader and all) and that if you were, then you were definitely guarding the next night. It was looking at about 60 damage or so if you guarded. So better to just hit you with the sun and hit CaptainPlanet instead since Captain had been hit by Drez for so much a couple of days ago.

• Options
    Barring that, I do hope you continue to play games here, and if we're both enrolled in the same game, I welcome your grudge vote with open arms. :)

Blarney grudged for all times.

• Options
    The biggest issue is that my strategy only works once, so not being able to fully play out the first game sort of sucks.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Barring that, I do hope you continue to play games here, and if we're both enrolled in the same game, I welcome your grudge vote with open arms. :)
    Blarney grudged for all times.
    As it very well should be. <something something never forgetting your first>

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Nah, it's more like how do you dodge the inevitable metavote that comes from "BEING THE BEST VILLAGE" draws.
    If I haven't died the first night, then I'm mafia, and get voted off the second night.
    I'm thinking that calling seer each and every game, getting a network around me, voting poorly but not too poorly, and infodumping to not mafias sounds like the best strategy.

I also need to learn how to use attacks. If I'd attacked that last night, I could have probably killed Sepah and maybe killed Preda, but instead I guarded to level up so I had the MP to Mudoon instead of Mudo. But that was a turn too late, and I didn't know that Sepah wasn't going to die that night.
    I was also anticipating 5 or 4 people left alive today, instead of 3. 5 or 4 would have been a much better number for me.

• Options
    I have to say though, the biggest issue I have with this game is the fact that I apparently can't sleep because of it :/
    I've been running on adrenaline for the full 2 weeks of this game. Couldn't eat, waking up at awful times (mornings ugh) and not being able to get back to bed. Actually having to move my limbs around to dissipate energy.
    No-one told me Phalla would be this taxing.

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Killed on Day 2 because why not?

I had so many agilities. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody.

• Options
    I still don't understand how I got away with having extra AP. None of the Village Heads picked up on the fact that I had extra AP day 4 to buy Sukujaja. If I had been questioned about that, all we had was the vanillager role post. It was not mafia knowledge that there existed vanillagers with extra AP and stats as well, so had I been questioned, I would not have known how to respond and would have been instantly flagged.

It was a similar issue with stats, especially since my starting stat loadout was (phys null) STR 2 MA 9 AGI 4. The stupidly high Magic stat was a dead giveaway, I thought, if I were ever hit. Luckily (well sort of) I was only hit day 1. I was scared that whoever did that Bufu would see my stats through the damage and spy me out. It's also why I took Suku day 4, since my healing would have exposed my Magic stat to SeGa, assuming it was completely consumed by him.

Other than that, there were a couple of missed attacks on me, and the only other hit was when I got Preda to Attack me to knock off my "sleep" which mysteriously afflicted me around the time INANTP needed healing. Got Tiph to get Preda to do it so that my Phys immunity didn't get transmitted to anyone outside the group. I also got RGG to allow me to heal Aura when he conveniently decided to mend ties with him for some reason.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I have to say though, the biggest issue I have with this game is the fact that I apparently can't sleep because of it :/
    I've been running on adrenaline for the full 2 weeks of this game. Couldn't eat, waking up at awful times (mornings ugh) and not being able to get back to bed. Actually having to move my limbs around to dissipate energy.
    No-one told me Phalla would be this taxing.
    Mafia is taxing every day, but it gets worse when you're network head the last day, you can't sleep, you start to doubt everything ... I like being a vanillager late in the game. Early in I'm not as interested to put in much effort.

You did well discrider but I don't think you could have swayed Preda. Keep in mind that Sepah seered mafia and kept the network above water whereas you only had one bedlam vote to your name, it was no contest. Also keep in mind that no village seer other than Sepah ever showed up, and a seer is typically expected in each game, earning him more credit.

Alegis on