As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Digital Devil [Phalla]: Rebirth - Final Cycle: Future

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Fun game, though I'm kicking myself for going against my gut on aura and discrider.
    Oh come on. Crying at you is obviously a foolproof method for establishing my villagerishness.
    That said, I did not like my second third schuss vote at all. But it's really hard to call out dodgy people when the only dodgy people I could see were my fellow mafia. And I did sort of get caught up in the moment of Grunt's post on Day 6 and just follow on without thinking.
    All the people thinking that was brazen were right. Mind you, if I had been playing without newbie mistakes I would have been on the day 2 kime train as well. If it's true that kime always acts disruptive, then no villager wants the noise ever. May as well all jump on the train.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Fun game, though I'm kicking myself for going against my gut on aura and discrider.
    Oh come on. Crying at you is obviously a foolproof method for establishing my villagerishness.
    That said, I did not like my second third schuss vote at all. But it's really hard to call out dodgy people when the only dodgy people I could see were my fellow mafia. And I did sort of get caught up in the moment of Grunt's post on Day 6 and just follow on without thinking.
    All the people thinking that was brazen were right. Mind you, if I had been playing without newbie mistakes I would have been on the day 2 kime train as well. If it's true that kime always acts disruptive, then no villager wants the noise ever. May as well all jump on the train.

Eh. Kime is a dangerous enemy, but also a pretty excellent ally. He suffers from the meta of 'kill good players, just in case they're mafia!' that I have recently taken up arms against.

Also, sometimes you just gotta vote for fellow mafia.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Man, im still mad about spending all my mana at the behest of the network, then receiving orders to not generate mana, then thrown to the wolves when they had no more use of me.

Can i join the dharmapala?

No, we died.

But so did he, so that can't be a problem can it?

That one's up to either Sepah or Preda, given who gets to write history and all. They can totally tell all the survivors that ZH was mafia-er than kime if they want.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Thank you @MrBlarney for a great game. I wish I coulda lived longer!

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    I think the laughter is only psychotic if you're mafia. If you're village, it's merely manic.

^ Has obviously never heard me laugh whilst playing mafia.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Discrider and Invictus at least one of you needs to get a different avatar

am confuse

• Options
    I tell you what, it was pretty frustrating being mafia and then watching people not read the OP.
    No Drez, your attack won't hit because you'll be voted off before the attack phase.
    No, heals are not prioritised over attack powers. Only the recover and restore powers are.
    This attack power equation is wrong, cause it doesn't scale with level as the explanations seem to indicate.
    Consequently, SO MUCH ORANGE in my constant correspondence with Blarney. And also far less talking in the thread because "I am new and what is this" precludes reading the OP.
    So that's something that's going to change next time. I'm going to be correcting everything and adding the host to all the conversations.

• Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    Discrider and Invictus at least one of you needs to get a different avatar

am confuse

mine is hand-made for me personally by a fellow PAer, so I ain't changing nothin'.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    I tell you what, it was pretty frustrating being mafia and then watching people not read the OP.
    No Drez, your attack won't hit because you'll be voted off before the attack phase.
    No, heals are not prioritised over attack powers. Only the recover and restore powers are.
    This attack power equation is wrong, cause it doesn't scale with level as the explanations seem to indicate.
    Consequently, SO MUCH ORANGE in my constant correspondence with Blarney. And also far less talking in the thread because "I am new and what is this" precludes reading the OP.
    So that's something that's going to change next time. I'm going to be correcting everything and adding the host to all the conversations.
    You, uh...

You might want to get used to this.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Reading the OP is for suckers

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    mafia mantra:

never lie or fight, unless it's necessary or really funny

speaking of kime what the hell were you drinking day 2

What happened on day 2? I mostly remember not being there for a lot of it haha. Did I do something silly?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Locus wrote: »
    You, uh...

You might want to get used to this.

Especially in Blarney phallas, where the rules tend to be a bit more...ah... nuanced than the usual phallas!

Apologies again to the village for not being more active. I checked in as much as I could and managed to get my actions and votes in every night, which is both the least and the most I could do. Glad to see the network pulled it off in the end!

El Skid on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    I read every OP before I sign up.

But some of these games are so dense that there's no way I will remember everything. I probably forget half the OP between the time I finish reading it and the time I post !sign up. For the entirety of this game I kept the OP open in a separate tab so I could reference it when I forgot how much MP something cost or what one of the skills did or how much XP I could expect to get from an action or what have you.

Hence my forgetting that the vote comes first. So I tend to cut people slack when they don't read the OP or forget certain aspects of the rules.

Besides, then you can helpfully correct people when they forget something from the OP which ups your post count and makes you seem more active and helpful and then no one will suspect you are mafia until you do one silly thing that actually doesn't say anything about whether you are mafia or not but everyone thinks it does and then you get angry and then you get voted out and then it doesn't matter what the OP says.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I usually don't read the OP until day 3, and then its a skim at best.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Calling it now, discrider get's day 1'd next phalla.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    you do one silly thing that actually doesn't say anything about whether you are mafia or not but everyone thinks it does and then you get angry and then you get voted out

This is like the second rule of Phalla.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Not defending yourself: Suspicious
    Defending yourself: exactly as suspicious

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Calling it now, discrider get's day 1'd next phalla.

I'm gonna vote for him and I didn't even live long enough to know why he was dangerous!

• Options
    Not defending yourself: Suspicious
    Defending yourself: exactly as suspicious

There's an art to replying to accusations that is neither defending yourself and also not defending yourself really.

And if you nail it- I mean really nail it, you'll be suspicious as hell for not being suspicious :P

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Phone posting so keeping it short.

This was an amazing game. Thanks for hosting MrB. Your games never disappoint and I wish there was someway for you to teach a class or something to newer hosts.

MAFIAAAAAA! I aimed a Devils Feast on Sir Fab (wow that post you made was so mafia). When I saw it landed I was so pumped because it would have given me some great exp for the solo kill with the bonus exp. Then I saw I was also dead. I was on the fast track to an awesome build. Why did you kill me?!?!?!

As soon as I made that post I regretted it. It seemed like nobody even noticed except for you, which was why I was so excited that you were going to die. Once you were gone I was scott free.

But you couldn't leave well enough alone!

I still can't pinpoint what made that post just so mafia. I just know that it felt like a mafia trying hard to be village. But if I had to give an exact reason why I wouldn't be able to.

Anyone (@egos ) able to pinpoint what about that post made it mafia?

• Options
    I went for high magic and low agi(1-7-3), thinking agility didn't actually make that much difference. Apparently I was either very wrong or else I sucked badly- I hit once, missed 4 times and the rest the target was already dead.

If I had to do it over I'd definitely go all agility.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    El Skid wrote: »
    I went for high magic and low agi(1-7-3), thinking agility didn't actually make that much difference. Apparently I was either very wrong or else I sucked badly- I hit once, missed 4 times and the rest the target was already dead.

If I had to do it over I'd definitely go all agility.

I thought agi was probably the best bet. The reason I went for Hama was the supposedly unmodified 40% of max hp damage. Not only did I gain information about the target based upon hps, but it didn't matter what my MA or ST was. I took the null physical as well figuring a number of people might opt for the devour line. You could also go for mudo (30% chance instant kill).

Plus, in my mind, AG was the better later game stat. Unless I'm mistaken, each point of agi you had over your attacker was a bonus ~4% dodge chance, with the 3/5 modifier for magic/physical. Thus, by going full agility, I should've had at minimum a 12% dodge chance and at max a 52-60% dodge rate. Late enough in the game, avoiding an instant kill or % max hp attack or status attack would've been big.

Ardor on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Well its day 25 and I want to make sure we go back to the TRV vs Bedlam wagon and go over every minute detail with a fine toothed comb forever. Its not like other days have happened and we have new information. (seriously loved that everyone kept bringing this up. I think its the most that my name has ever come up in a PA thread)

Also loved that people thought I was mafia for being rude. I was exactly as rude as when Im village, so deal with it. I dont think I ever really cordinated anything. And I insisted I not be healed because some earth fuckers got lucky with a big hit.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Also loved that people thought I was mafia for being rude. I was exactly as rude as when Im village, so deal with it. I dont think I ever really cordinated anything. And I insisted I not be healed because some earth fuckers got lucky with a big hit.

See Phalla rule #2.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Popping in to advertise my non-Phalla. It's an experiment based on The Amazing Race. I think it'll be fun!

Need at least 3, preferably 9 people, figured this was a decent place to look for them.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    And I insisted I not be healed because some earth fuckers got lucky with a big hit.

80 earthquake kitty stomp ker pow!

After repeatedly hitting INANTP with suck - I was so thrilled to shoot you in the face :p

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Fun game Blarney!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    @Loserforhirex I will fight you to death.

I go for agi with a few points in mag and the 35% chance instakill that is literally the first thing targeting me all game works.

grrr.

Also I totally went for status ailments as an unnetworked villager because I wanted to piss people off. Also I think they would have allowed for more information and a longer game.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I WAS SILENCED FOR SIX GODDAMN DAYS AND IF ANYONE QUESTIONS IT AGAIN I'LL PUNCH THEM IN THE MOUTH

YOU'RE WELCOME BUDDY!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Loserforhirex I will fight you to death.

I go for agi with a few points in mag and the 35% chance instakill that is literally the first thing targeting me all game works.

grrr.

Also I totally went for status ailments as an unnetworked villager because I wanted to piss people off. Also I think they would have allowed for more information and a longer game.

No prob friend!

I went for Silence first, which was awesome because I just silenced people at random.

INANTP got the long and pointy end of my silence stick.

Then I started just killing folks.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I was uniformly useless behind the scenes. I threw some buffs around, picked up a heal to help RG out when he was low rather than go for KILLBEAST POWERS, then got my KILLBEAST POWER and missed. :D

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    And I insisted I not be healed because some earth fuckers got lucky with a big hit.

After repeatedly hitting INANTP with suck - I was so thrilled to shoot you in the face :p
    Also I have been sleep deprived and grumpy so everyone can go collectively fuck themselves.

:(

What has happened to TEAM ANIMALS!

What has happened indeed :(

• Options
    Megafrost wrote: »

See Phalla rule #2.
    Oh Im not mad or anything. Just saying that even though you came out with a right answer, the way you got there was wrong.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular

Also I have been sleep deprived and grumpy so everyone can go collectively fuck themselves.

:(

What has happened to TEAM ANIMALS!

What has happened indeed :(

One day team animals shall reunite

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »

See Phalla rule #2.
    Oh Im not mad or anything. Just saying that even though you came out with a right answer, the way you got there was wrong.

That happens a lot, actually, and it's quite annoying.

/Scripted mafia conversation

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Phone posting so keeping it short.

This was an amazing game. Thanks for hosting MrB. Your games never disappoint and I wish there was someway for you to teach a class or something to newer hosts.

MAFIAAAAAA! I aimed a Devils Feast on Sir Fab (wow that post you made was so mafia). When I saw it landed I was so pumped because it would have given me some great exp for the solo kill with the bonus exp. Then I saw I was also dead. I was on the fast track to an awesome build. Why did you kill me?!?!?!

As soon as I made that post I regretted it. It seemed like nobody even noticed except for you, which was why I was so excited that you were going to die. Once you were gone I was scott free.

But you couldn't leave well enough alone!

I still can't pinpoint what made that post just so mafia. I just know that it felt like a mafia trying hard to be village. But if I had to give an exact reason why I wouldn't be able to.

Anyone (@egos ) able to pinpoint what about that post made it mafia?

Aside from Sir Fab usually does not making posts longer than two lines. It also seemed like an utterly pointless post , putting distrust on sabre without actually committing to it. It also seemed like he wanted info that would just inform the mafia if they weren't already aware (re: wanting to hear why buddha was taken out). Also I'm aware he is far from an old man , so the whole "im a curmudgeon" thing seemed forced as well.

His second post kinda cemented it. Read completely as a mafia doing that thing where they can only see who is innocent : e.g. "Alegis did something too stupid to be mafia". But he went way out of left field (why the fuck did El Skid's post make him innocent and why were people on Zand clean?). Also it was a long as fuck post that seemed like it belonged in a pm instead of in public. Esp. since much of it added nothing. "_____ is likely innocent" adds nothing . See what Auralynx did that one day with "schuss, zhero and others likely bein g innocent".

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    See what Auralynx did that one day with "schuss, zhero and others likely bein g innocent".
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Given that the trend for a long while now has been that posting less is the safest thing to do I don't really know why we're annoyed at SeGa or Zombie Hero for a lack of posts.

I pulled unplanned overtime today! Must be mafia.

Also schuss is probably cool; I am one of the people who hasn't followed up on networking with him, due to said overtime.

You mean this one, where I bitch about the nobody-post-nothing meta and tell people to ignore the guy beating me to death?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    yup, i didn't say it was the same as Sirfab . Yours was the more the professional way to get brownie points ;-)

sidenote: it was amazing how long it took me to realize you saved yourself vs zand. Was way too focused on the alegis wagon. Which funnily resulted in me clearing people mostly (in my own mind).
    I didn't analyze Bedlam because we have a history and admitted as much to Gizzy .

schuss seemed like he was drawing way too much attention to himself after I called him out. Zhero seemed legitimately suspicious until Gizzy went in pm "NO HE'S VILLAGE!". Which was a bit meta, but considering what's going on there I suspect zhero or I guess Gizzy (I'm not sure of the specifics that went on) wouldn't....lie.

Jaenthar had an odd post about people expecting more form kime and not 3clipse (which wasn't mentioned in the thread if IIRC), but he started to seem more helpful later on and it was revealed he was part of a pre-game group with Inf- which made the comment make more sense (since it certainly seemed like it was from private). He also seemed too smart to be on the Alegis wagon which initially drew attention. If smart is offensive, I'm using the term lightly. More that he was definitely paying attention.

Tiph I dismissed as too brazen from the get-go. Which may have been unwise (meaning not the best reasoning) but yeah the public starting of a hitman squad kinda made me think "not mafia" mixed with personality.

so somewhat amusing

Egos on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    On that note, I am trying to make an effort to put more analysis into games.

A couple years ago, I used to regularly make deductions that proved correct.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    On that note, I am trying to make an effort to put more analysis into games.

A couple years ago, I used to regularly make deductions that proved correct.

This is what phalla is about, for me.