As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    New golden week event is up and running.

More bags from Item Store, also buyable from the vendor located in London (on the stage in the park, where the Valentine's vendor was). Requires new currency gotten from killing the golden golems all over the world. Limit 2 bag purchases per day.

Lots of stuff in the bags:

RsNgaW7.png

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    April will bring Issue 11, so I guess it's a good time to buy some points for that and have some extra for whatever.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    I haven't fucking finished Tokyo yet. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Guess I have to make some time to get through that. Shit fuck. AEGIS bullshit, here we go.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I want to finish Tokyo but the shield stuff is annoying and I always feel like I never do enough damage.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, aside from reviewing your builds/gear, the only other suggestion is to do more of Tokyo to earn Sequins and data to upgrade your controllers. Also, earn and put more SP into the AEGIS line that converts your damage to the AEGIS type you have on.

I have a cybernetic controller at 1.5 (and QL5 capacitors) and against the vast majority of mobs, their cyber shields go down in a hit.

Also, being a shotgun/pistol user with purple gear for those weapons, I use the elite Desperado deck and it works like a charm.

• Options
    The side story packs for Tokyo at least give you more variety in what to do while leveling your AEGIS xp and grinding sequins. Also they drastically lowered the sequin cost for controllers when Issue 10 came out.

Honestly once you've gotten everything to 1.3 or 1.4 anything past that is just icing on the cake.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Decided to try this again on a whim. Never really got very far last time I played it, so I might as well make a new character since I can't remember shit.

It's still Arcadia for the PA presence? Did the faction matter for teaming up? Can't remember how that worked.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Decided to try this again on a whim. Never really got very far last time I played it, so I might as well make a new character since I can't remember shit.

It's still Arcadia for the PA presence? Did the faction matter for teaming up? Can't remember how that worked.

Faction doesn't matter for teaming up, just for guilds. Also the server doesn't matter since everything is cross server.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

It's a good time to come back with a new character, since they reworked the opening tutorial stuff to be a lot more informative about using two weapons at the same time. All the zones have been rebalanced as well.

• Options
    So it appears that, other than a video of NPC's dancing, there isn't much going on in TSW today.

They're probably still afraid of Mankini-gate.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    oh god so much has changed

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Power Weekend

TL;DR:

Extra Black Bullion from NM's (you get 1 extra BB every time you earn them)
    Extra 50% Marks of Venice from PvP
    Extra 50% AEGIS research XP
    Free month of membership per new player recruited

Runs from 4/16 to 4/20.

• Options
    The dungeon community is hopping right now. Haven't seen it this busy in ages. Getting a 24s group is super easy.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    I should amend my earlier statement and say that the BB bonus applies whenever you earn BB's.

Such as when you earn them by using Condensers of Quintessence to turn purple gear into BB (netting you 2 BB per purple).

• Options
    So just in case y'all haven't heard by now- Issue 11 official release date is May 6th (two Wednesdays from now).

If you have a subscription/are a Grandmaster, you can check out some of the i11 stuff on Testlive. Last I checked, two main missions were up for testing/breaking, and you can see what the Orochi Tower's going to be like.

• Options
    As tempted as I am, I want to make sure my first playthrough of Issue 11 isn't spoiled by TL.

• Options
    I think the tower is going to fail so hard, unless it doesn't require AEGIS bullshit.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    I think the tower is going to fail so hard, unless it doesn't require AEGIS bullshit.

All of Kaidan requires AEGIS. Where's the tower? In Kaidan. So, chances of that happening are 0%.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I...uh...haven't made it into tokyo yet

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I haven't made it into Egypt yet. I'm at Dawning of an Endless Night 13.

The game still crashes on me at random, so it takes a very particular mood for me to play it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

The game still crashes on me at random, so it takes a very particular mood for me to play it.

Have you tried running in DX9?

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Yes. Sometimes it will go for hours with no problem, and sometimes, bam, DOA. It sometimes comes back with a 'server disconnected' message which lets me reconnect, but not always. I think it has something to do with that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

Yes. Sometimes it will go for hours with no problem, and sometimes, bam, DOA. It sometimes comes back with a 'server disconnected' message which lets me reconnect, but not always. I think it has something to do with that.

The only thing I can think of is monitoring heat/disk space/memory usage to see if the game is eventually reaching some kind of limit in one of those areas. I've had my share of problems as well, and I've accepted DX9 as the lesser of the two evils (even thought I have to start the game several times before the shaders load correctly in DX9, plus I have to alt-tab every now and then when the fps starts to hitch).

But man, I gotta say: game feels worth it. Egypt got incredibly awesome towards the end, and the zone after that has a lot going on as well. You haven't even started running Nightmare dungeons yet, and they're some of the most awesome dungeon content I've ever experienced in an MMO. If you can, try and stick with the game a bit longer :)

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    I think all the dungeons are worth playing, even if just once and on the lowest difficulty they are available at. They have some of the best atmosphere and visuals of the whole game.

• Options

The only thing I can think of is monitoring heat/disk space/memory usage to see if the game is eventually reaching some kind of limit in one of those areas. I've had my share of problems as well, and I've accepted DX9 as the lesser of the two evils (even thought I have to start the game several times before the shaders load correctly in DX9, plus I have to alt-tab every now and then when the fps starts to hitch).

But man, I gotta say: game feels worth it. Egypt got incredibly awesome towards the end, and the zone after that has a lot going on as well. You haven't even started running Nightmare dungeons yet, and they're some of the most awesome dungeon content I've ever experienced in an MMO. If you can, try and stick with the game a bit longer :)

Oh, I plan to, I want to see the story through. Just a question of how bumpy the ride will be(unless I ever upgrade my decade old desktop, TSW goes off my mildly better laptop).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The mechanics for a lot of the dungeons are also really awesome. I enjoyed them immensely.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    plus I have to alt-tab every now and then when the fps starts to hitch).
    Next time give Ctrl+Alt+F1 (I think?) a try. I'm pretty sure that's the reloadui shortcut. The UI itself is what seems to be the source of a significant number of general performance and performance degradation problems. I've found turning it off entirely during things like mega-golems completely eliminates a significant amount of the frame drop.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    plus I have to alt-tab every now and then when the fps starts to hitch).
    Next time give Ctrl+Alt+F1 (I think?) a try. I'm pretty sure that's the reloadui shortcut. The UI itself is what seems to be the source of a significant number of general performance and performance degradation problems. I've found turning it off entirely during things like mega-golems completely eliminates a significant amount of the frame drop.

It's Ctrl + Shift + F1. But yeah, that or /reloadui solves many issues in TSW.

• Options
    So, subscribers/grandmasters. Issue 11 is officially out for us today.

Everyone else gets it this Saturday.

There is a CE edition of the content. You get an Orochi technician's coat, an experimental anima injector (reusable, gives you at random: pen rating, crit rating, OR crit damage rating for 60 minutes, 30-minute cooldown, overwritten by animas but stacks with pure animas), and this guy:

n501d2tig3tm.png

• Options
    Well, that was not a reward I was expecting at the end of that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    While I found the final segments of the issue to be a bit of a boring slog rather than an enjoyable boss battle, the rest of the issue was creative with a number of puzzles requiring some lateral-thinking, and the number of floors available means a lot of replayability. Getting the tables turned on me like that was interesting, but it could also be very frustrating depending on what a person's build is?

The ending to the chapter wasn't quite what I was expecting but it was epic yet understandable. And it feels like it really does change things moving forward for your character. Time will tell to see how much actually changes, I guess.

I could go into more detail but I'm trying to keep the review spoiler-free.

• Options
    So, Funcom just did a Twitch stream, and some info was fed to the masses:

Mounts confirmed. Group update to Issue 11. Issue 12 is the "Dungeon Issue". New dungeon, new raid, lair update.

• Options
    I'm... Not sure how I feel about mounts. The world is hardly large enough to justify them. I guess if it means people will stop using that as a justification for calling TSW bad then whatever.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    With the addition of hopping between anima wells, the addition of mounts is doubly head-scratching.

I guess if it's another thing for people to spend their money on, right? Or maybe it's going to tie into that once-mentioned alternate scenario, er, scenario, where you have to flee from some kind of disaster?

• Options
    What they've said is that the mounts will be a reskin of Sprint. And that, apparently, there will be different kinds. So instead of running all over the place you could look like you're riding something.

I have clamored for a motorcycle for a long while now. I am quite happy.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    So now that ults are a thing, this happened:
    5ujpV3Q.png

I was the tank.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ults?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    ults?

Finish Tokyo, and you get a reward, commonly referred to as "the ultimate reward".

• Options
    I should, uh...probably step foot into tokyo....eventually

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Buffagons are my new favorite part of EffectsUI
    ZuUvwn2.png

steam_sig.png