As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    (Maki is contractually obligated to like tokyo because he's an orochi plant)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

And still alive after working for them for three years, man.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

That means they even give you health insurance, now!

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

That means they even give you health insurance, now!

Indeed they do. Because they don't give any benefits for the first year.

Saves them money, and all.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    So close to MPing HE. One of the party crashed before the endboss. Ah well. That asshole torch boss is a complete bitch without a runner, let me just say.

Only NM dungeons I've got left to do is SH and HF. Finally settled on a Pistol/AR build which focuses on utility and mobility.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    MP HE is pretty easy, like, maybe even the 3rd easiest MP after the first 2 dungeons. Probably even easier than MPing the 1st hell dungeon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    MP HE is pretty easy, like, maybe even the 3rd easiest MP after the first 2 dungeons. Probably even easier than MPing the 1st hell dungeon.

We MPed the 18s without breaking a sweat, then MPed Facility with only minor issues on the final boss, then we went to HE. HE gave us boatloads of shit on various bosses. But it's probably all about party composition, really. We had to sacrifice some buffs to get enough CU/WW in the party, so our burn phases were really bad.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Huh really? I still say that FAC is, like, the hardest content in the game (the raids are pretty darn easy)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Huh really? I still say that FAC is, like, the hardest content in the game (the raids are pretty darn easy)

I must be missing something with FAC. The endboss gave us issues because not everyone had rocket jump, so the filth maze was problematic. The first boss is cake if the tank stays mobile, second boss is just about running the hell away whenever the beams show up, third boss we all just stood on nodes while the healer ran laps, fourth boss was tank and spank, 5th was a dps race with a specific kill order we drilled into our skulls before pulling (1 shot the encounter, btw).

HE on the other hand killed people if they didn't have CC breakers available (green chains), the stupid corridor boss and his insta death aura was hell, and the succubus had us 4 manning it while one of the dps kited things. I must have clocked 15 to 20 deaths on that HE.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Can't you still use the method on the corridor boss where one person (I always did it myself) runs forward leaving the group behind, pulls him, then runs just far enough back to the group that his insta-death aura drops? There's like 3 places the group waits, popping him every time he runs back to catch whoever is pulling.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    I thought you just burned the Lustrehunter before he could run anywhere.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I thought you just burned the Lustrehunter before he could run anywhere.

This from the player that taught me how to be the runner in that dungeon. :D

• Options
    well yeah, rose ran with all those crazy 0.1% people back in the day

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So I've attuned the first damage thing (Accurate Augment Resonator). It shows up on the augment wheel as a single red blip. How do I increase it's potency? I tried attuning another Accurate one, but it said I'd already done it.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    You need two of the same augment to get it to level two, three to level three, etc.

In Accurate's case (as well as the other three basic ones), you will need to buy the augment amplifier kits from the NPC to the right of the scenario console. They cost Aureus (we call 'em Oreos). Here, you'd put two Accurate augments in your crafting window, and place a level 2 amplifier kit in the tool slot, and that will fuse them into a level 2 Accurate augment. Then you'd combine that with the required mats to consume it (assuming you have enough AP).

Note that the amplifying kits need the augments to be attuned (that is, consumable) before they'd work. Accurate and its three other cousins are technically already attuned, so you can fuse them right away. Anything else though- for example. Precise- requires you to turn them into attuned versions before you can fuse them.

So... Get one Precise augment, combine it with the required mats and attuning kit to get Attuned Precise augment. Repeat this process with another Precise augment (consuming another attuning kit and more mats). Then you'd take both Attuned Precise augments, put them in your crafting window with a level 2 amplifying kit as the tool, and you'd get a level 2 Precise augment to consume. And so on, until level 5.

• Options
    It was actually a freaking ui bug >.< had to clear my assembly, then put the 2 resonators and the toolkit back in. Then it worked!

This is going to get stupid expensive.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Yup, that it is.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    It was actually a freaking ui bug >.< had to clear my assembly, then put the 2 resonators and the toolkit back in. Then it worked!

Well, I did post on the last page about have a bit under 70% wheel completion, and that it would cost 3 billion pax to finish it...

• Options

Well, I did post on the last page about have a bit under 70% wheel completion, and that it would cost 3 billion pax to finish it...

Well, I'm just wondering: why complete it? (apart from OCD). I can comfortably run any NM, solo nightmare spots and whatnot. Is there any content that really pushes someone to min/max? I mean, will getting super augments allow me to solo lairs or something?

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Mostly OCD. Partly also because sometimes I do NMs or Raids or whatever, and I really can't be bothered to hit exactly the right keys at the right times, get everything perfect, so having more augments to up my damage can compensate for some laziness.

• Options
    Game Director Letter for March 2015.

Among other in-game stuff: Joel (Bylos) is leaving the TSW team. Apparently Funcom decided to use his talents elsewhere so he's been migrating his TSW (and other) duties to other devs in the team.

Hopefully this means nothing to the game's survival. Joel's arguably been the most vocal of the devs, but we have heard from the others (one even visits us on the TSW-RP chatroom) so I'm hoping this means we get to hear from them more often now.

• Options
    I said it before and I'll say it again: They wouldn't bother putting all that work in on improving beginning player experience if they didn't think the game could be sustained for much longer.

• Options
    New patch is out: http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/update_notes_1.11

So right after I finish the base game, they nerf the base game.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Eh, there's really no way to time these things. :)

Thanks for linking the notes, was just about to do that myself. Had to read them first.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure how I feel about side missions being marked on the map. It's fun discovering one you never had done when revisiting an area a lot later on.

Also not sure about AoE nerf. Seems pretty substantial. I'll have to do some scenarios to see how substantial.

But there's a lot of nice stuff changed, too! The changes to the maps being more detailed is welcome, and I'll probably make a new alt just to see how the improved tutorial experience is.

I haven't looked through it all yet but check this out:
    • Pădurii wisps are now immobilized for 30 seconds after being affected by a Hinder or Impair effect.
    • Resolved an issue where Pădurii wisps would not remove their buff from the Pădurii if they were killed through their absorption shield.
    • Resolved an issue where Pădurii wisps would not remove their buff when the Pădurii left combat.
    We would like to invite everyone to try, or re-try, all Elite Abilities.
    We have updated most of these abilities to make them feel powerful and more useful in given situations. Several have also received awesome new visuals!
    It is now possible to sell AEGIS modules and capacitors to vendors for PAX.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    I remember that wisp quest!

Without hinder it's impossible to solo.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    I see they went ahead with all their changes to combat without taking any feedback into consideration, that's nice.

I also like that they increased the number of enemies AoEs can hit to 6, when usually I fight enemies 1, 2, 4, or 5 at a time. So that'll be really helpful.

Rail Turret's replacement targets random enemies, that'll be helpful when bosses spawn adds.

Molten Steel has a crit rating boost, all those people who use it on eleforce will be thrilled.

Ending sarcasm, because I'm tired of it...
    As well as making all content pre-Tokyo easier, they appear to have removed almost all the Nightmare areas from Transylvania. So now there's even less for people who are already geared. I used to have fun running NM missions, because they could still be challenging, but now almost all of them are going to be trivial. I've been saying they need to find a way to make earlier maps and missions fun for end-game geared players, and they go and do this instead.

It irritates me to see things like "Go For The Throat now also applies a damage over time effect. Reduced the damage of the initial hit of Go For The Throat to accommodate the new damage over time effect." and "Reduced the damage dealt by the initial hit of Gore. Increased the damage dealt by the Gore damage over time effect." It's just pointless. They did the same thing with a lot of abilities: increase the damage of this ability here, but reduce it there. Reduce the health of enemies, reduce the damage of AoEs. The only way that turns out well is if they test it carefully and thoroughly, but I don't believe that when...

They ignored all the overwhelmingly negative feedback on testlive and made their changes anyway. The testlive community has proved time and time again that it knows the mechanics of this game better than the current designers do. After eleforce was fixed properly (it was broken and being abused. Instead of fixing it, they changed the way it worked, testlive showed how terrible the change was, it was changed again, again testlive revolted, eleforce was fixed, everyone was happy) I thought maybe the developers would learn not to be so stupid. Yet here they are, making sweeping changes to the game in a way that just doesn't make sense, and leaves everyone worse off.

I think that, after thousands of hours and thousands of dollars, I'm out. None of the updates post-release have matched the quality of the game at launch, and I haven't enjoyed playing since Tokyo was released. The team since the layoffs hasn't been able to handle the game, and that's clearly not changing. Honestly I think that for over a year the only thing keeping me playing has been "I want better gear" or "I want the achievements", not "I want to have fun". I'll hop in to see major content updates, maybe, since I have the lifetime sub, but unless they turn things around that's it.

• Options
    LachrymiteLachrymite Registered User regular
    I really enjoy the story still, but am at the point where the game itself is kind of boring to me. I've been getting more enjoyment out of watching people on YouTube post the story cut scenes than actually playing them myself.

• Options
    Haven't seen anything that upsets me so far- I've yet to try my current scenario build, to see if it still holds up, but my Tokyo build is fine. I'll wait to make comments after I've done more.

• Options
    The real problem is the DoD root. And it's not like they actually made any of the other elites (than master's house) viable either

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoD root isn't really a problem when you can click it off.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    I feel the DoD root is fitting, given the name.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoD root isn't really a problem when you can click it off.

I had to just switch to bombardment, after the 2nd time being fisted trying to juggle it with shootout

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Just ran my 18s, and some thoughts on the new patch:

- Suppressing Fire is shit now.
    - The tank kept losing aggro. The motherfucking .4.4 tank kept losing aggro. Not sure if it was him or the aoe nerf.
    - Almost died to DoD during DW. Switched to...fuck, I dunno what it's called. There's a red beam and then a pew.
    - Wow I've missed a lot of field quests. Have to go back and get them again.
    - New clothing vendor is selling poop today. I'll check back tomorrow.

All in all...things are fine. People will adapt. Aggro might actually be a thing now. Still loving this game. Have I mentioned it's probably the best mmo I've ever played? I mean, WoW is WoW, FF:ARR is very relaxed and GW2 is pretty slick...but TSW impresses me. Maybe it's the subject matter.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Did they happen to make BB any easier to get? I stopped playing because I used an AR/Pistol forced crit build and once they messed with elemental force it kind of killed it. I want to try a new build but I don't want to farm for a month.

TSW and City of Heroes are the only MMO's I even consider playing anymore and CoH is unfortunately dead.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    Did they happen to make BB any easier to get? I stopped playing because I used an AR/Pistol forced crit build and once they messed with elemental force it kind of killed it. I want to try a new build but I don't want to farm for a month.

TSW and City of Heroes are the only MMO's I even consider playing anymore and CoH is unfortunately dead.

No, they did not. Still have to grind NM dungeons for them.

I was AR/shotgun before the first change to EF, now use pistol/shotgun. Still uses EF. You can still do AR/pistol, you just can't abuse Fire in the Hole anymore.

I've yet to see the DoD change for myself as (haha) I've been busy chasing after completing stuff, so haven't run NM's since the update. It's on my build, we'll see at some point.

As for that tank that lost aggro- was he actually hitting the boss? You can't maintain aggro if you're not hitting the thing in the first place.

• Options

I was AR/shotgun before the first change to EF, now use pistol/shotgun. Still uses EF. You can still do AR/pistol, you just can't abuse Fire in the Hole anymore.

I've yet to see the DoD change for myself as (haha) I've been busy chasing after completing stuff, so haven't run NM's since the update. It's on my build, we'll see at some point.

As for that tank that lost aggro- was he actually hitting the boss? You can't maintain aggro if you're not hitting the thing in the first place.

The tank said he/she was using the standard tanking spec that they'd used their entire life. He/she was geared in full 10.4.4 so I assume they knew what they were doing. Lost aggro several times (Pol and DW), then adjusted spec (for HR). After the spec adjustment things went better.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    So what you're saying is that after they make a bunch of changes to abilities, people have to adapt and actually change their builds to match?

Shocking.

I assume the difficulty changes make it so you can actually go through Blue Mountain without having to make a stop in Egypt first to gear up?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options

The tank said he/she was using the standard tanking spec that they'd used their entire life. He/she was geared in full 10.4.4 so I assume they knew what they were doing. Lost aggro several times (Pol and DW), then adjusted spec (for HR). After the spec adjustment things went better.

Not enough info for me to make anything but wild speculation. My main assumption here is that most tanks use AoE builders and with the nerf to AoE damage, they probably weren't hitting hard enough to generate enough hate to outpace your group's DPS.

Again, wild speculation.

• Options
    Also, bit of forum shenanigans just started. Link here.