Options

[Monster Hunter] MH4U is released!

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Beefjerky wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are quirky things to know about similar to the 3U charm tables? Where your first unknowing step can screw you if you want certain things?

Also got my new 3ds MH bundle on preorder :)

I gotta say I am excited about this. I played(and still own) MH on my ps2 and had a tough time getting into it but with 3U I sunk 230 hours into it. It also broke my L and R buttons =/ I am so looking forward to not having those underwater fights.

I still remember last year when I first started hunting Stygian Zingore. First fight timed out, second time beat with 15 seconds left. Third time shaved 10 minutes off and another 5 on the forth. There is so much satisfaction in this series when you finally *click* and can manage to defeat something that will destroy you in seconds if you get sloppy. No other game has given me the sense of accomplishment that MH3U has.

Charm-table is set every time you start up the file.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    My favorite thing is watching a streamer start to cook meat in the middle of a tough fight.

Dudes getting chomped and fireballed in the background, the sky is falling, rocks are flying.

And he's cooking meat.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    After I "got" the Charge Blade it became a lot better to use but I still think I like the Insect Glaive better.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    TimFiji wrote: »
    I made this if this helps us keep track of hunters!

Reposting for more hunters!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      edited January 2015
      I made this if this helps us keep track of hunters!

Reposting for more hunters!

@TimFiji Added to OP. I think it's a better way to keep lists than players having to wait for me to add their name to the OP.

Edit: also sorry I didn't play 3u last night. I got into the demo to test something out and ended up playing that all evening.

Seidkona on
    • Options
      MysfytMysfyt silly bookah Lion's Arch, TyriaRegistered User regular
      edited January 2015
      Hey guys, I apologize for doing it this way, but ONE of these two codes should still be free:

A071DCS828P91WC3
      A0716E9G05P55N5W

Whoever snags it, please let me know so that I can update this post and not be the cause of any more broken dreams...

Mysfyt on
      3DS: 4167-5901-6785
    • Options
      BasilBasil Registered User regular
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlZjCXJfDe0

So this man is my new role model.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    • Options
      WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
      Polaritie wrote: »
      Okay. I'm beginning to hate how Tetsucabra falls down - it rolls back and away from you a good distance. So any combo attack you were about to get big damage on? Complete whiff, and then its up before you can get to it and hurt it.
      Yeah, it's a real problem with the charge blade. Against Gore Magala I do a lot of RX-A-R for easy phial attacks, but it's completely useless against Tetsucabra because it flies away on the first hit almost every time, and then by the time you put away the axe and catch up it rolls away again to stand up. My clear times improved when I started using the level three charge more (fewer intermediary hits), but I still waste a lot of time playing around with the sword waiting for him to get his trip out of the way.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    • Options
    • Options
      Yep. That Charge into a jump attack is really pretty great.

• Options
      http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/99983348262/mh4g-chaos-magala-weapons

Oh, wow. I thought it was "either/or", not "reverse/add".

• Options
      IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
      edited January 2015
      More people need to know about the [ codes] [ /codes] BBcode for giving away 1-use codes.

Also, the Charm table bug inherited from P3rd and made worse in 3U is not in MH4. It works like it should again, with each character cycling through the tables.

IceBurner on
      3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
      PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
      Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
    • Options
      VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
      I did okay as a blademaster on a decidedly gunner-focused table. Mostly because I found a large Psychic charm early on (and later an even larger one) and fell in love with Autotracker so hard that I didn't even miss losing access to decent Handicraft bonuses.

• Options
      edited January 2015
      The problem isn't lurkers getting codes. It's bots sucking them up.

Seidkona on
    • Options
      ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
      Basil wrote: »
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlZjCXJfDe0

So this man is my new role model.

Damn. Also, I can't wait to hear that Tigrex battle theme again. It's up there with the Deviljho theme for "now it's serious business time".

My studio's main site
      PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
    • Options
      edited January 2015
      Anyone still on the fence about new3DS vs original: there's some evidence that not only is the frame rate more solid and the colors more vibrant on new3DS, but some textures are far more detailed, and dynamic shadows for hunters and monsters are much sharper. Found the screen URLs in some random person's question in one of the little side discussions on GaijinHunter:

rGah91pl.jpg
      IyWj4MB.jpg

I really want the regular new3DS to be released in North America :( . It's seeming more and more to be like the GameBoy Color with the 3DS as GameBoy. While it's probably not literally two games in one (GBC-enhanced games had separate GB and GBC game ROMs in the same Game Pak), the enhancements seems to be on the same level.

IceBurner on
    • Options
      BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
      What is the best way to give out demo codes here? The wife got a set and so did I.

• Options
      RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
      Well damn, I'd read that the n3DS ran MH4 at close to 60fps, and that was almost enough to get me to switch. This might push me over the edge.

• Options
      What is the best way to give out demo codes here? The wife got a set and so did I.

[ codes] [ /codes]

Remove the spaces and put each code on a separate line.

• Options
      IceBurner wrote: »
      Anyone still on the fence about new3DS vs original: there's some evidence that not only is the frame rate more solid and the colors more vibrant on new3DS, but some textures are far more detailed, and dynamic shadows for hunters and monsters are much sharper. Found the screen URLs in some random person's question in one of the little side discussions on GaijinHunter:

rGah91pl.jpg
      IyWj4MB.jpg

I really want the regular new3DS to be released in North America :( . It's seeming more and more to be like the GameBoy Color with the 3DS as GameBoy. While it's probably not literally two games in one (GBC-enhanced games had separate GB and GBC game ROMs in the same Game Pak), the enhancements seems to be on the same level.

Feb 13

• Options
        PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

rGah91pl.jpg
        IyWj4MB.jpg

Feb 13

? They're only releasing the XL in NA it seems, he wants the smaller one.

Steam: Polaritie
        3DS: 0473-8507-2652
        Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
        PSN: AbEntropy
      • Options
        Ohhhhhhhh missed that

• Options
          AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
          Mysfyt wrote: »
          Whoever snags it, please let me know so that I can update this post and not be the cause of any more broken dreams...

Thanks so much! I used the first one and it worked without a hitch!

2.jpg
          3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
        • Options
          IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
          edited January 2015
          Last night I had some good Freehunts. Apparently if the Moga Forecast has only one monster, you're only getting one monster. Both one-monster hunts ended pretty quick whereas both my two-monster forecasts got drawn out into five-monster longplays.

EDIT: Also added my name to the Friend Code list. 1779-2336-5317

Ianator on
          steam_sig.png
          Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
          Backlog Challenge List
        • Options
          edited January 2015
          Moga Forecast only foretells the initial free hunt conditions. You're not guaranteed to get more large monsters, but they are pretty frequent. Sometimes you do have to wait for several minutes after the initial large monsters bodies despawn, however.

IceBurner on
        • Options
          It's dependent on if it says Abundant Commodities on the bottom. If it says that more monsters will spawn.

• Options
          edited January 2015
          What? Abundant commodities means more sparkly spots with possible trade commodities will appear. There's usually 2-3 initially (check area 6, the Jaggi nest right off), with several more appearing over time. Other possible spots include a few spots in area 4 (the cave), area 8 (the flying wyvern nest), area 10 (underwater) and area 11 (near the aquatic nest).

IceBurner on
        • Options
          edited January 2015
          What? Abundant commodities means more sparkly spots will appear, usually with several more appearing over time.

It's also tied into how likely the monsters are to spawn. Abundant means that you're guaranteed more monsters after the ones on the list are done.

Seidkona on
        • Options
          What's the farm system like in MH4U? I haven't seen info on that yet.

• Options
          InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
          Renzo wrote: »
          What's the farm system like in MH4U? I haven't seen info on that yet.

I don't believe there is one.

• Options
          edited January 2015
          There is it's just all done through an npc and there's not a physical farm anymore.

It works the same as the MH3U farm though as you give the trader an item and a booster, if you have one, and they'll duplicate it.

Seidkona on
        • Options
          BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
          Here's our extras, not sure if it matters but I'm in Canada

Loading...?

• Options
          Does Chaos Magala-armour do anything with Frenzy?

• Options
          DashuiDashui Registered User regular
          edited January 2015
          Here's our extras, not sure if it matters but I'm in Canada

Thank you! I snagged one for a buddy.

Dashui on
          Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
        • Options
          Entaru wrote: »
          There is it's just all done through an npc and there's not a physical farm anymore.

It works the same as the MH3U farm though as you give the trader an item and a booster, if you have one, and they'll duplicate it.

Does it also use resources like MH3U?

• Options

I believe so, yeah.

• Options
          IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
          CARVE TAIL, GET PLATE

My first Azure Rathalos kill was, ah, quite productive.

steam_sig.png
          Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
          Backlog Challenge List
        • Options

I believe so, yeah.
          The Wyverian Wholesaler replaces Granny Go-To, Junior, the Farm, and the non-travel options of Neko (Means "Cat"), all in one. You spend Caravan points for all of the above functions. The "Farm" function is dressed up as you trading with villages from past MH games to get more of the items.

• Options
          L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
          Ianator wrote: »
          CARVE TAIL, GET PLATE

That's the last one you're going to get.

• Options
          Ianator wrote: »
          CARVE TAIL, GET PLATE

That's the last one you're going to get.

Patchnotes: Plates deleted.