As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Rogues:Cheat Death: 100% chance to stab yourself in the groin.

• Options
    NueleNuele Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    BlueBaron wrote: »
    shive is to land crippling poison, cos negates any ice lancing. My hemo's crit in the 1600 range, not 1k.

basically, most of you people on this thread, are terrible at your class.

God you are so full of shit.

Why don't you shower us with some screenshots of your impossible feats of excellence? Better yet, post your armory profile while you're at it.

Just got my arena fist weapon today, managed to land a couple hemo crits in the upper 1500s... But I'd say my average range so far is probably 9-1.2k.

I can't theorycraft too well vs. frost mage because there's too many possible counters each class can throw out at each other. You have to think on your feet. That's why it's fun, even if I don't win 100% of the time. =/

Nuele on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One-eyed chicks are hot.
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    shive is to land crippling poison, cos negates any ice lancing. My hemo's crit in the 1600 range, not 1k.

yep, gonna find a lot of people on this forum that believe you. for sure.

Angry on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Angry wrote: »

yep, gonna find a lot of people on this forum that believe you. for sure.

He's in my state too.
    D:

So close, so very close.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    porovaaraporovaara Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    porovaara wrote: »

:shock:

They could at least have made the "One" ring unique

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That is some sexy dodge. Is there a level 10 BG? Hehe warriors dont even have OP at that level ^_^

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That is some sexy dodge. Is there a level 10 BG? Hehe warriors dont even have OP at that level ^_^

10-19 is the first tier.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Blah, I was looking forward to making a level 10 twink. O well!

Also, anyone know if they are buffing t4?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    _X__X_ Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So... any reason why that guy isn't wearing boots or a belt? There is definitely some under level 10 to get.

_X_ on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm wondering why that guy decided 10 would be a good level for his twink? He could have named him "Nineteen" and actually you know, kill stuff in BG's.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm wondering why that guy decided 10 would be a good level for his twink? He could have named him "Nineteen" and actually you know, kill stuff in BG's.

Or Seventy and got a bunch of epics and killed shit.

I'm guessing he made the character for fun. Call me crazy.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sooo, my Rogue seems to be struggling to get into a Karazhan guild at the moment (left my old guild as they were never going to get it together, only one that isnt full on Rogues raid too damn early for me as I actually work)

Thinking about just going PvP with this guy for now, BG'ing it for the Marshall gear then maybe going for an Arena Team. Sound like a good idea?

I was thinking of going Shadowstep for the BG's, but I hear this isnt so hot in the Arena (don't know why that would be) or maybe Hemo if it didnt mean going BS for the MH, or stick with Mutilate?

Answers on a postcard (or below if one isnt to hand)

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Sooo, my Rogue seems to be struggling to get into a Karazhan guild at the moment (left my old guild as they were never going to get it together, only one that isnt full on Rogues raid too damn early for me as I actually work)

Thinking about just going PvP with this guy for now, BG'ing it for the Marshall gear then maybe going for an Arena Team. Sound like a good idea?

I was thinking of going Shadowstep for the BG's, but I hear this isnt so hot in the Arena (don't know why that would be) or maybe Hemo if it didnt mean going BS for the MH, or stick with Mutilate?

Answers on a postcard (or below if one isnt to hand)

Mutilate and Hemo builds are king in the Arena. Shadowstep is a one trick pony. Fun as hell, but once you've landed that huge initial ambush crit, you are kind of screwed. You don't have near the control that Mutilate and Hemo builds have over a fight, which makes you a lot less effective in an Arena-type atmosphere.

If you go Hemo, I would suggest either a 21,0,40 build, or a Seal Fate Hemo build. CP generation is key and SF Hemo will kick ass, especially if you can get your crit rate up. For Mutilate, if you are going strictly PvP I would definitely do 41,0,20 or 43,0,18 depending on where you want filler points.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    30/0/31 is dagger king. Uncontested.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dagger is king only if you enjoy trying to get behind people who are very aware of your presence and actively trying to thwart your efforts to arrive at the proper location.

I did 70 levels as dagger then went maces at 70 for the drakefist. I bought a night blade the other day because I thought I missed daggers. Paired it up with a retainer's blade.

Turns out I wasted almost 2k on said daggers because I forgot how horrible trying to get behind people in PvP is, especially the arena. It's bad enough just trying to chase people, nevermind getting behind them.

Everyone has too many hitpoints for dagger burst to mean much now. It used to be awesome 3 shotting casters with ambush/backstab/cb evisc, but that doesn't work anymore. Combat maces has treated me much better by far in the level 70 PvP area.

And I tried hemo but it's just horrible. I don't know how anyone can actually enjoy hemo. Damage is trash and all you gain is a few gimmicky cooldowns which I never remember to use anyway.

To each their own, though. I'd say if you like fighting for position to get better burst damage go daggers. If you like burning through cooldowns and blind/flash powder to get a kill hemo is probably fine. But if you just want to beat the crap out of people and not have to rely on tricks that can mostly be negated by people who know what they're doing a good combat fist/mace/sword is A+.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    FightTest wrote: »
    Dagger is king only if you enjoy trying to get behind people who are very aware of your presence and actively trying to thwart your efforts to arrive at the proper location.

I did 70 levels as dagger then went maces at 70 for the drakefist. I bought a night blade the other day because I thought I missed daggers. Paired it up with a retainer's blade.

Turns out I wasted almost 2k on said daggers because I forgot how horrible trying to get behind people in PvP is, especially the arena. It's bad enough just trying to chase people, nevermind getting behind them.

Everyone has too many hitpoints for dagger burst to mean much now. It used to be awesome 3 shotting casters with ambush/backstab/cb evisc, but that doesn't work anymore. Combat maces has treated me much better by far in the level 70 PvP area.

And I tried hemo but it's just horrible. I don't know how anyone can actually enjoy hemo. Damage is trash and all you gain is a few gimmicky cooldowns which I never remember to use anyway.

To each their own, though. I'd say if you like fighting for position to get better burst damage go daggers. If you like burning through cooldowns and blind/flash powder to get a kill hemo is probably fine. But if you just want to beat the crap out of people and not have to rely on tricks that can mostly be negated by people who know what they're doing a good combat fist/mace/sword is A+.
    Crippling poison helps with the positioning easier. And daggers are still good for on demand damage. But yeah, combat is nice too but people tend to gravitate towards different styles that they're more comfortable with. I, personally, love daggers and love mutilate but I feel that a 30/0/31 simply has more shit to throw at people.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

I just went from mutilate to 30/3/28 (for Imp Gouge until I hit 70 -- 67 currently), and I'm still getting the hang of that kind of hybrid build. At least I don't have to worry about poisons being applied first. Yet it still feels the combo points come slowly, which is probably due to 22 percent crit chance and lacking Premed for the time being.

Rogues suck, I like all of the builds and I can never seem to pick one and stick with it. The 'funnest' to me was pre-TBC when I was 51 points in sub. I wonder if taking a heavy sub build and swapping out daggers for ambushes to a suitable hemo weapon is worth the extra hassle.

Bigity on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    sortof. you its sometimes worth swapping during the fight, but you find yourself swapping based on your target and just using that weapon for the engagement, just because the cooldown seems to hurt more than i had initially expected.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yea...I miss the days of no cooldown for weapon swapping :D

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    If you go Hemo, I would suggest either a 21,0,40 build, or a Seal Fate Hemo build. CP generation is key and SF Hemo will kick ass, especially if you can get your crit rate up. For Mutilate, if you are going strictly PvP I would definitely do 41,0,20 or 43,0,18 depending on where you want filler points.

I'm a deadliness/sf hemo build with arena fist weapon and fucking loving it. Admittedly, my crit percent is a little lower than I'm comfortable with, so it's not working quite as well as I envisioned but it's still pretty hot. The upside is, I thought my raid DPS was going to be trash as a pure PvP spec but I actually have been doing decently. SnD management is easy when you've got so many CPs flying around that I can actually toss out full point eviscerates while keeping my SnD up at all times.

Nuele on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One-eyed chicks are hot.
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    that's encouraging, id like to try hemo again when my gear is a bit better and see how it measures up.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    porovaaraporovaara Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

It's been since yesterday since I looked but he had 2700(IIRC) HKs or so. I'd imagine he takes pretty much anyone in 10-19 who isn't at the higher end of the bracket and twinked out significantly more.

porovaara on
    jubeiForPA.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Damage is hardly trash for Hemo. The problem a lot of people have with it is not understanding how it works. If you get enough AP, your Hemo's catch up and can even eventually surpass a sinister strikes damage. The probelm is A) Reliance on the slowest fucking one-hander known to man, and B) AP.

I've specced combat specifically for PvP and it doesn't even compare to Hemo IMO. Have you tried to go toe-to-toe out of stealth with a Warrior at 70? You don't even last long enough to say "Oh shit". Your CP generation is crap which means that your control over an opponent is crap. Even if you get the jump on somebody, your chance of bringing them down before they get out of stun is next to nothing, and once an opponent is out of your control, every mechanic in the game is working against you.

Hemo is about control, you have so many ways to keep somebody "locked up", they don't get a chance to bust out that fear, or MS you for 50% of your health. Add faster CP generation, the ability to use almost every single cooldown twice (Prep), and you have a build that is superior to combat for PvP if you gear yourself correctly.

Things I like about Combat for PvP:
    Imp Sprint
    Nerves of Steel
    Endurance
    Blade Flurry
    AR (Unreliable though because of the long ass cooldown)

Things I love about Hemo for PvP:
    Premed
    Prep: Most valuable PvP tool and one you will miss constantly if you spec combat
    Deadliness
    MoD
    Camo
    Cold Blood
    Imp Sap
    Master of Subtlety
    Sinister Calling: If you go that route
    Seal Fate: If you go that route

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for combat builds, but as far as PvP is concerned it's just not very effective compared to other faster CP generation builds.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    porovaara wrote: »

It's been since yesterday since I looked but he had 2700(IIRC) HKs or so. I'd imagine he takes pretty much anyone in 10-19 who isn't at the higher end of the bracket and twinked out significantly more.

I'd guess it's because he went for the novelty percent to dodge? Ratings give you a higher percentiles at lower levels, correct? Don't know if 10-19 would be significant. Maybe it's just for the fact that he can probably trash a lot of level 19s as a 10.

Actually, what I'm wondering is how did she manage to snare a lucky fishing at at level 10? Isn't there a level requirement to looting the fish for it?

Nuele on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One-eyed chicks are hot.
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    there just aren't enough slow weapons to let hemo catch up to the damage of ss.

i don't think i've seen a single hemo build on a high level arena team rogue.

one day we can hope there will be a new 2.8 or 2.9 speed weapon put in but bleh.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Angry wrote: »
    there just aren't enough slow weapons to let hemo catch up to the damage of ss.

i don't think i've seen a single hemo build on a high level arena team rogue.

one day we can hope there will be a new 2.8 or 2.9 speed weapon put in but bleh.

Sadly, I doubt there ever will be. Or, if they do, they would nerf Hemo by normalizing it or some other stupid shit.

I think the slowest I've seen at 70 is a 2.70 speed weapon, with the vast majority of slow weapons being at 2.6.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah there are a bunch of 2.7 speed weapons with the epic crafted mace or the main hand claw being your best bet. Nothing slower though.

edit: Ignore the caster weapons but here.

shadowane on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

rogues are in arena teams for control not damage

beyond that, mutilate is far better burst damage than combat

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    WHAT ABOUT COMBAT MUTILATE, SMART GUY?

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Rentilius wrote: »

ah yes the fabled 41/41/41 build

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Horrible build, you have like no options.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

guys what do you think of dis bild ol?

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    SerpicoSerpico Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I still hold that 61 sub/spirit build is best. I mean, c'mon, who cares how bad you are at killing things, you regen all your hp in 10 secs afterwards!

Failing that, combat or mut/combat is best. Hemo is just lacking unless all you do is PvP. 30/0/31 is the best arena build though imo. Put talents in imp. BS for lots of burst, or use hemo for max controll. Bonus of prep and QR.

Edgewalker longboots finally drop for the first time, and of course the rogue who hasn't been to Kara yet gets it. I'd hate him but he's a class leader and always bring me pots (+ he's the only other good rogue in the guild. At 70 anyway).

Serpico on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

seriously, though, a 41ass/20 combat build isn't that bad.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Serpico wrote: »
    I still hold that 61 sub/spirit build is best. I mean, c'mon, who cares how bad you are at killing things, you regen all your hp in 10 secs afterwards!

I think I speak for all of us here when I say:

Double-U Tee Eff?

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

seriously, though, a 41ass/20 combat build isn't that bad for raiding.

Fixed.

Yes it still works for PvP but is inferior to 41,0,20.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Rogues

* Added a new double-attack animation for "Mutilate".
    * "Cloak of Shadows": The tooltip has been adjusted to indicate this ability removes hostile effects, rather than dispels them. "Cloak of Shadows" does not count as a dispel, and will not interact with dispel resistance or effects triggered by dispelling. This ability no longer removes the "Weakened Soul" debuff.
    * "Deadly Throw": This ability will now damage hunters and their pets when they are affected by "The Beast Within" or "Bestial Wrath". Those targets will still be immune to the movement impairing portion of "Deadly Throw".
    * Fixed a data error that caused "Ghostly Strike" and "Riposte" to generate more threat than intended.
    * Fixed a bug where the "Silence" effect on "Garrote" was getting resisted too often.
    * "Insignia of the Alliance/Horde" and "Medallion of the Alliance/Horde" now remove "Fear", "Stun" and "Polymorph" effects and no longer remove "Charm" effects.
    * "Improved Sap" (Subtlety) renamed "Dirty Tricks": Increases the range of your "Sap" and "Blind" abilities by 2/4 yards and reduces the energy cost of your "Sap" and "Blind" abilities by 25/50%.
    * Increased the frequency and amount of "Blinding Powder" found in pickpocketed junk boxes.
    * "Mutilate": This ability will now always consume the "Cold Blood" buff when it strikes an opponent.
    * Poisons: The difficulty of dispelling these is now based off the level of the player, not the level of the weapon the poison is applied to.
    * Reduced the reagents required to create most poisons.
    * "Remorseless Attacks" (Assassination): "Hemorrhage" added to the buff tooltip. This ability will no longer trigger from killing totems.
    * Rogue poisons no longer have charges.
    * "Sap" now automatically gains the full benefit of "Improved Sap".
    * "Shadowstep" (Subtlety): The cooldown has been reduced to 15 seconds.
    * "Stealth" will now be broken correctly by damage shield such as "Oil of Immolation".
    * "Surprise Attacks" (Combat): This talent now correctly prevents "Envenom" from being dodged.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    SandWolfSandWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Too good to be true, I'm not buying it!

>_>
    <_<
    (Oh god please be true)

Oh I see that they have already been confirmed... Yay.

SandWolf on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Free respec plz.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Medopine wrote: »
    Free respec plz.
    I sure hope so, dirty tricks sucks.
    But ohhh my god, imp. sap is finally stock. I thought I'd never see the day.

Nuele on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One-eyed chicks are hot.
This discussion has been closed.