As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bravely Default] Beverly Hills 90210 - The Game

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Ok, think I've capped out the demo. Hit level 20, hit max on all the classes, and have the town completely rebuilt. Time to go attack a turtle.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Moxt wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    My "update data" option doesn't work -- it's grayed out. Any ideas why?

Wifi connectivity?

I have wifi enabled -- when I go to the home screen it says "Internet" and I can add friends, access the e-shop. I'm really not sure why the game thinks I'm not connected to the internet.

This the demo or full game?
    This is the demo -- I'm trying to finish out the demo before starting the full game.

Update Data is disabled in the demo.

• Options
    MoxtMoxt Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Wifi connectivity?

I have wifi enabled -- when I go to the home screen it says "Internet" and I can add friends, access the e-shop. I'm really not sure why the game thinks I'm not connected to the internet.

This is the demo -- I'm trying to finish out the demo before starting the full game.

Well, I'm an idiot.

Getting the town to max is going to take a bit too long, then. Thanks!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    jothki wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    This game is brilliant. It lets you run it entirely with your left hand so that you can run around in a circle with 4x FF and auto on while you do other stuff with your right hand like browsing or playing other one handed games.

And then they went ahead and made the costumes more modest for the Western release.

As though the fantastic gameplay isn't sexually exciting enough?

EDIT: Does anyone know if sacrifice stacks?

No, it raises you to 150% M. Atk the first use, which is normally the maximum.

It CAN go higher, by stacking on Piercing Bolt and such, because specials count separately.

I wonder if I could put Tiz at 2000% crit with Susano-o into Overpower...

Also, Centro Keep in Ch. 7 is bullshit. Total bullshit.
    Kill Bahamut, abusing Enigma to keep damage off while I steal from Ominas, then go special annihila- what. Round 2. With more bosses. More HP on everything. And I got cheap-shotted to a fucked up state before the first round ended. And I lose my crazy stat bonuses from chain specials.

Alright, fuck it. 99/all max, HERE I COME. Growth Egg Obliterate is GO.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

Wifi connectivity?

Well, I'm an idiot.

There's a glitch to getting 20 villagers. After the turtle boss I think, somebody in town will give you a villager. Save beforehand, talk and get the villager, then reset without saving. And repeat.

You'll easily finish the town, and it's a big boost for starting the game proper.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

Wifi connectivity?

Well, I'm an idiot.

There's a glitch to getting 20 villagers. After the turtle boss I think, somebody in town will give you a villager. Save beforehand, talk and get the villager, then reset without saving. And repeat.

You'll easily finish the town, and it's a big boost for starting the game proper.

Actually, it's after the first boss fight. Talk to the person, go to save menu and return to title, load and repeat.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Keep in mind that that glitch requires autosaving to be off.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Wifi connectivity?

Well, I'm an idiot.

@moxt It's easy to level up the town. Just get about 20 Villagers using this this.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

Wifi connectivity?

Can't do that in the demo.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    On a happier note.... sometime in chapter 6 (I assume), after some of the major plot stuff...
    The title screen gets an animation where "Where the Fairy Flies" changes to "Airy Lies".

I don't know exactly when, because chapter 6 is pretty steamrolly aside from the Conjurer sidequest.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Polaritie wrote: »
    On a happier note.... sometime in chapter 6 (I assume), after some of the major plot stuff...
    The title screen gets an animation where "Where the Fairy Flies" changes to "Airy Lies".

I don't know exactly when, because chapter 6 is pretty steamrolly aside from the Conjurer sidequest.

I found it odd that (Final chapter spoilers)
    They make it blatantly clear that Airy is evil. Ringabel knows, and Tiz and Agnes know and it's just flat out stated that she's evil in their conversation with Yulyana but still when the final chapter happens they all still react with shock.

I was expecting them to be all ""yeah, we know. We were just waiting for you to make your move." Especially after going to the length of the true ending.

Viskod on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So, someone explain the Summon Friend Millionaire? It didn't do anything for me.

• Options
    So, someone explain the Summon Friend Millionaire? It didn't do anything for me.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Merchant_(Bravely_Default)
    Millionaire - 10 - Use this ability with the Send command to gift an amount equal to your level times 25 pg to a friend who summons this action.

• Options

Millionaire - 10 - Use this ability with the Send command to gift an amount equal to your level times 25 pg to a friend who summons this action.

Like I said, I summoned someone and got nothing.

• Options
    Hey, you said you wanted an explanation of the ability. Best I can tell you from a cursory look at some forums is that it may be broken and doesn't always work. Additionally it may or may not actually show on the battle reward screen so make sure you're paying attention.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I had five street pass people today, but I'm lvl 40 and I have yet to have a street pass effect on Bravely Default. It always says I haven't passed by anybody while the Mii Plaza catches people. Is some in game setting wrong somewhere?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Alright, so, I know this has been mentioned a bit before, but regarding Chapters 5-8:
    Assuming you get a chance to re-fight all of the bosses every chapter: I don't intend on doing the optional bosses every go around, so which chapters would it be best for me to do them in? If I skip them in 5 will I have to grind to be able to fight them in 6, etc?

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I had five street pass people today, but I'm lvl 40 and I have yet to have a street pass effect on Bravely Default. It always says I haven't passed by anybody while the Mii Plaza catches people. Is some in game setting wrong somewhere?

First, make sure that you've actually enabled Streetpass, you have to do that manually. Second, they have to actually have played the game themselves.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

First, make sure that you've actually enabled Streetpass, you have to do that manually. Second, they have to actually have played the game themselves.

There's the problem.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

There's the problem.

I wasn't actually aware that was the case. If so that actually makes the number of Street Passes that I have managed to get kind of surprising.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Alright, so, I know this has been mentioned a bit before, but regarding Chapters 5-8:
    Assuming you get a chance to re-fight all of the bosses every chapter: I don't intend on doing the optional bosses every go around, so which chapters would it be best for me to do them in? If I skip them in 5 will I have to grind to be able to fight them in 6, etc?
    at the very least you should do them in chapter seven. They have new and great steals there.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    how does turn order work? my guys have a clear hierarchy of speed yet they seem to move in a random order

because im trying to setup a mimic chain

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I'd suggest doing them in chapter 5 and skipping them in chapter 6. Gameplay-wise, the boss fights are identical and barely contain anything new compared to chapter 5, story-wise.
    Definitely do them again in chapter 7.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Spell Fencer/Pirate is a rather hilarious combination. Debuffing attacker with elemental attacks. Aspir Sword is wonderful to keep the souped up hits rolling and there's something about seeing Ringabel doing a leaping strike to smite a mob after changing his sword to the appropriate weakness.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Pirate /Swordmaster with 30% p. Attack and two handed is civilization.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The other way around. Katanas are much better than axes.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    There is an outright evil Dark Knight combo that basically removes every single negative that keeps its abilities in somewhat balance.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Pirate /Swordmaster with 30% p. Attack and two handed is civilization.
    im using pirate/swordmaster with knuckle lore + natural talent + 30% attack, with free lunch + amp attack

9999s all the way

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Sounds like you're wasting some ability spaces then.

By the time you'd have all of that it shouldn't take all of those supports to hit 9999 with amped strike.

That would do some obscene damage during a bravely second with some special buffs to attack and crit though.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Acquired the first summon with a party member having single digit HP and everyone else in low to mid doubles. D: Go go spell fencer passive!

Most of the summons I've had only one party member survive. They're kind of hilarious.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    There is an outright evil Dark Knight combo that basically removes every single negative that keeps its abilities in somewhat balance.

I've seen one that involved braving all the way, using the attack once, and mimicing it three times after.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Is there anything in the world more tiresome than inter-party drama in a game where you've only got the 4 characters. Just shut up Agnes, god.

This game is rad!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Acquired the first summon with a party member having single digit HP and everyone else in low to mid doubles. D: Go go spell fencer passive!

Most of the summons I've had only one party member survive. They're kind of hilarious.

False advertising is what it is.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I'm feeling the need to grind

Is there a good place to do that in Chapter 5, or should I hold off until Chapter 6? I assume 6 has some higher JP/PG/XP spots

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    So I'm just starting to play and going to add people via my friends list. If anyone wants to add me my Friend Code is 4613-6741-5712.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Thread title requires more mrgrgr

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

Is there a good place to do that in Chapter 5, or should I hold off until Chapter 6? I assume 6 has some higher JP/PG/XP spots

Enemies don't change post-Chapter 4.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

Like I said, I summoned someone and got nothing.

Hey, I was just coming here to complain about this.

Apparently it's just totally broken, but maybe only sometimes? Not sure. Some people insist they're getting money from it but there are other people at GameFAQs saying it does nothing.

I've sent Millionaire to my sister twice, she said it didn't do anything the first time so I watched the second time and yeah, it played the animation and did nothing. Didn't say "miss" or anything like that, it just...didn't do anything. I'm level 75 and she's level 11. Post-battle it gave her 6 pg (just for killing the enemy), and in her status menu she had a total of 74 pg. Even if it was bugged and giving her 25 x her own level, it would be more than 74 pg.

Useless garbage.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »

So where is the best place

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

So where is the best place

Outside Florem during the daytime, groups of 6 flower kids. Make sure you use a growth egg. Fire element stuff is good on everything in the area, valkyrie group attack is good, or 4 people dual wielding assassin daggers of instant death.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
This discussion has been closed.