As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bravely Default] Beverly Hills 90210 - The Game

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Did I tell you guys that I love everything about this game?
    Because I love everything about this game.

Also, end of chap.2,
    Victor and Victoria COMPLETELY crushed me when I went to Olivia. It wasn't fair. I guess level 32 is too low to face them. And I did get all the asterisks so far, including Red Mage.
    Did you hard reset immediately or something? That's a supposed-to-lose fight. Unless you just need to survive a certain minimum amount of rounds; I'm not sure. Throwing around poison immunity should buy you a few turns either way.
    Haha, it is? I totally stomped them, to the point that Victoria got "sick" or something and they ran off. I maaaaay have overleveled :P

uh no
    victoria ALWAYS gets sick and leaves. that's scripted. your next meeting might not be as pleasant as she will use some nasty new spells.

I love that fight.
    because afterward, my Agnés became a Dalek.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Jungleskye wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    The condition and location of the game's multiple endings is a pretty big spoiler

I will just work my way through the game then:)

You may actually want to get to an earlier ending before you get the best ending. Because
    getting an early ending deposits you at the point you left off so you can keep working toward the best ending.

However you may also not want to do that, because you don't want to be too weak for the boss. I don't know if you can actually get stuck or not.

Like someone else said, there's new game+ as well, so no problem if you miss anything.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I just got into chapter 3, and the game is still a delight.

I wonder if I'm overleveled though? I'm at 36 across the board.

Thief/Spell Fencer Edea is so much fun. Spell blade + mug or life steal whenever she gets low.

That's about right, also don't worry about being over leveled, the difficulty ramps up at a steady pace.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Also, end of chap.2,
    Victor and Victoria COMPLETELY crushed me when I went to Olivia. It wasn't fair. I guess level 32 is too low to face them. And I did get all the asterisks so far, including Red Mage.
    Did you hard reset immediately or something? That's a supposed-to-lose fight. Unless you just need to survive a certain minimum amount of rounds; I'm not sure. Throwing around poison immunity should buy you a few turns either way.
    Haha, it is? I totally stomped them, to the point that Victoria got "sick" or something and they ran off. I maaaaay have overleveled :P

uh no
    victoria ALWAYS gets sick and leaves. that's scripted. your next meeting might not be as pleasant as she will use some nasty new spells.

Well then that's not Chapter 2 because I'm pretty much done with Chapter 3 at this point and they haven't popped back up :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Also, end of chap.2,

uh no

Well then that's not Chapter 2 because I'm pretty much done with Chapter 3 at this point and they haven't popped back up :P

Yeah, they pop back up later than that. The classes from them are amazing. Well, Victor's is amazing, Victoria's is nice for stats and passives and has potential... but it's not the enemy-trolling hax of Victor's.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Victoria's is great for sweeping normal battles if you're willing to burn the MP on it, and okay for bosses once you poison them and go into Dalek Mode, if they're not resistant to Dark.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I think that New Game Plus was basically the penicillin of the RPG-genre.

Or maybe more like scrubbing before surgery.

PLA on
  • Options
    MoxtMoxt Registered User regular
    Moxt wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    My "update data" option doesn't work -- it's grayed out. Any ideas why?

Wifi connectivity?

I have wifi enabled -- when I go to the home screen it says "Internet" and I can add friends, access the e-shop. I'm really not sure why the game thinks I'm not connected to the internet.

This the demo or full game?
    This is the demo -- I'm trying to finish out the demo before starting the full game.

Update Data is disabled in the demo.

Well, I'm an idiot.

Getting the town to max is going to take a bit too long, then. Thanks!

@moxt It's easy to level up the town. Just get about 20 Villagers using this this.

Thanks -- I ended up using that and maxed out the town fast.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    How'd I miss the Red Mage asterisk? I talked to DeRosa, and I see the exclamation point over Florem, but nothing I do there triggers a fight.

Night.
    That one is pretty shoddily designed, frankly; you effectively trigger the same cut scene twice with different endings.
    Mrgrgr...
    Stupid day/night timer. Oh well, guess I know what I'm doing after work... Sailing back to Florem.
    Once you have triggered the unsuccessful tailing cutscene you need to find a girl in town to talk to that

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    arcanist has not been useful at all. if I want a sweeper it's summoner. though summoner wants that arcanist ability. set up 2x mana drain and 2x amp'd summons and the spirit master buff, wipes everything out for no cost.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Sleep - Twilight is a really good grinding combo if you ignored summoner.

And more bosses than you think are not immune to poison. Get it on them, and the arcanist is laughing.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    HopsideHopside Registered User regular
    I'm looking for people to be my friend for this game. I added some people off of the friend code list, but none of them are adding me back. If you add me, let me know and I will add you. Thanks!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    In contrast, Spirit Master is amazing

Agnes is healing for so much

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Is there like, a trick to the Fire temple boss? I'm assuming I'm not supposed to get instantly killed by Energy Burst the turn after he transforms.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    not particularly. survive his big aoe then unload on him. he's weak to thunder

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Is there like, a trick to the Fire temple boss? I'm assuming I'm not supposed to get instantly killed by Energy Burst the turn after he transforms.

Buff your physical defense and/or Default.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

With the Holy One support ability I never have to cast anything more than group Cura.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    ugh, double graviga. that was a dirty move and you should be ashamed of yourself, boss.

• Options
    If your Spiritmaster is healing... you're not doing it right. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    But

But it heals so good???

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

With the Holy One support ability I never have to cast anything more than group Cura.

I am near the end of the game and still just using my Blessed Shield for group healing. It's awesome.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    BTW, is there a benefit to mastering jobs other than learning all the skills?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

The Freelancer job gains bonuses based on how many jobs you have mastered, I'm assuming that it's just ridiculously powerful if you master all the jobs.

• Options

Every job mastered buffs your stats when you're a Freelancer, or something.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

It looks like the freelancer class gets a bonus to it's stats for every mastered class.
    I'd imagine if one had the patience to master 20 some odd classes, the stat bonuses would be impressive.

see317 on
  • Options
    Also, man

TOrnado off of Rukhs is stupidly powerful

If they get first strike with two of them there's a non-zero chance they can kill my whole team unless I have wind resistance up

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Freelancer_(Bravely_Default)

According to this you get 1% bonus to your base stats for each job mastered.

I guess if you master all of them that's solid bonus, if not exactly huge.

• Options
    But

But it heals so good???

Play your cards right, and your Spiritmaster can make it so he/she doesn't need to heal. :)
    Hasten World takes a ton of bite out of their abilities. Sprinkle in a use or two of Convert BP, and you can be damn near invincible to almost anything.

• Options
    Salve-maker is a really awesome healing class too, what with how you can combine a phoenix down and a hi-potion to make a full revive, and how you can remove status effects from your entire party with one action, but the thing it really lacks is a strong full-party heal since X-potions are kind hard to come by (at least so far for me).

• Options
    Kinda wish they had just named the class alchemist or chemist like in most other Final Fantasies. Makes more sense in terms of the asterisk owner's actions as well.
    I kind of doubt he poisoned everyone on the battlefield via a salve.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Maz- wrote: »

Energy Burst is PHYSICAL?!
    I always thought it was magical. Then again, I should have noticed that the Spell Fencer passive wasn't proccing off the Energy Burst...

Surviving the energy burst in itself was a problem for me since I had to be near full HP and defaulting to survive, but everyone would be so low on HP the next round Braved 2x Health Suck would kill two more people unless I Seconded a heal. I think next time I fight that boss, Agnes is getting the Hermes to out prioritise the boss. Edea and Ringabel are going to have SO MUCH FUN when/if they rematch it after picking up Swordmaster...

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    l
    Winky wrote: »
    Salve-maker is a really awesome healing class too, what with how you can combine a phoenix down and a hi-potion to make a full revive, and how you can remove status effects from your entire party with one action, but the thing it really lacks is a strong full-party heal since X-potions are kind hard to come by (at least so far for me).
    Norende potion shop level 6 or 7

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Takel wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

Energy Burst is PHYSICAL?!
    I always thought it was magical. Then again, I should have noticed that the Spell Fencer passive wasn't proccing off the Energy Burst...

Surviving the energy burst in itself was a problem for me since I had to be near full HP and defaulting to survive, but everyone would be so low on HP the next round Braved 2x Health Suck would kill two more people unless I Seconded a heal. I think next time I fight that boss, Agnes is getting the Hermes to out prioritise the boss. Edea and Ringabel are going to have SO MUCH FUN when/if they rematch it after picking up Swordmaster...

The vast majority of enemy attacks are physical. Unless it's a spell learnt by the White Mage, Black Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, Arcanist or Spiritmaster, there's a good chance it's physical.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    X-Potion is a Norende-item.

I'll reiterate: The general item-shop, the Combat Items-shop, and the shop with the compound-things give you stuff for free. So two of those shops are very powerful in the early game, when you can't even afford the non-free stuff from other shops.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Jackal you're all right
    Mocking the time wizard headpeice . Mouthpeice of the people.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Okay, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. Looks like I need to put a shield on everyone to even survive the ~2k damage it puts out, how boring.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Has anyone had trouble with the tutorial for:
    Using the 'compounding' ability for salve-maker?
    I do just what the tutorial says but it doesn't complete for some reason.

• Options
    vamen wrote: »
    Has anyone had trouble with the tutorial for:
    Using the 'compounding' ability for salve-maker?
    I do just what the tutorial says but it doesn't complete for some reason.
    It's not asking you to use the ability, it's asking you to view the compounding list in the journal.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I am defaulting as bravely as I can. Mien info is in the sig.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Sounds like you're wasting some ability spaces then.

By the time you'd have all of that it shouldn't take all of those supports to hit 9999 with amped strike.

That would do some obscene damage during a bravely second with some special buffs to attack and crit though.
    yeah i could take off 30% attack i guess

i like using knuckle lore + natural talent though

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
This discussion has been closed.