Options

[Xbox One] Come On, Jump in! Over One Million Served! Gamertag List in OP

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Through a weird set of events, I may end up getting an Xbox One before a PS4.

And, thinking about it, even though I am more sold on the latter, the One has more games I want to play right this second, which means getting it first would be fine by me.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    When I go to IGNs event for the Xbone on the 19th I will be able to look at the new kinect for myself, as I think they have Kinect Sports Rivals or something (whatever the launch title is). It will be interesting to see if it actually does work in the first place and secondly, if anyone is even going to bother with it.

Since you've had nothing but sunshine and rainbows to sing about the xbone since E3, I for one can't wait to hear your undoubtably glowing praise of the fledgling hardware and software! ;)

So anyway... I'm trying to weigh up between Ryse, DR3 and Battlefield 4. My bro is pushing for BF4 and I mostly game with him, I want Ryse for the pretty but not sure about the gameplay, DR3 sounds like epic fun but looks a touch janky, but wondered what you guys are going for?

Meanwhile, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon and Powerstar Golf are looking increasingly enticing...

The cash is one thing, but the time is more the problem... Gotta make the right choices!! :O

Waitwaitwait golf? What's this about golf? Please tell me this is Kinect golf, I am not kidding I will play the fuck out of that while quoting all the Caddyshacks.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's not a Kinect game but it looks pretty decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raIUGJ3P5a0

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    When I go to IGNs event for the Xbone on the 19th I will be able to look at the new kinect for myself, as I think they have Kinect Sports Rivals or something (whatever the launch title is). It will be interesting to see if it actually does work in the first place and secondly, if anyone is even going to bother with it.

Since you've had nothing but sunshine and rainbows to sing about the xbone since E3, I for one can't wait to hear your undoubtably glowing praise of the fledgling hardware and software! ;)

So anyway... I'm trying to weigh up between Ryse, DR3 and Battlefield 4. My bro is pushing for BF4 and I mostly game with him, I want Ryse for the pretty but not sure about the gameplay, DR3 sounds like epic fun but looks a touch janky, but wondered what you guys are going for?

Meanwhile, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon and Powerstar Golf are looking increasingly enticing...

The cash is one thing, but the time is more the problem... Gotta make the right choices!! :O

It's a tough choice between Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4. If you have a decent computer, though, you may want to play it there. Most of the PA community is deep into it on the PC. Dead Rising 3 is probably the one I'll be choosing. I'm curious about Ryse, too, but I think it's going to be a Knack or a short game.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »

It's a tough choice between Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4. If you have a decent computer, though, you may want to play it there. Most of the PA community is deep into it on the PC. Dead Rising 3 is probably the one I'll be choosing. I'm curious about Ryse, too, but I think it's going to be a Knack or a short game.

Eurogamer I do believe implied it was both

Saying something along the lines of them being 90 minutes into the game with 50% completion and not liking a single minute of it.

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »

Eurogamer I do believe implied it was both

Saying something along the lines of them being 90 minutes into the game with 50% completion and not liking a single minute of it.

Ive managed to play a retail copy of Ryse and basically summary of it is;

Looks impressive,

Not a bad playing experience but a dull one. Also as the owner of the game pointed out last night, a very short game too. Its basically the launch title that ends up being the pack in bundle deals in most retailers and the game thats traded in the most. The perfect example of a rent only game.

• Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    It's not a Kinect game but it looks pretty decent.
    Snip
    That actually looks pretty cool. I'm hoping you can still demo live games first.

Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    another video for the hype train, focusing on Xbox Live and how online play will improve with Xbox One.

A New Generation: Taking Advantage of Xbox Live
    http://youtu.be/i-hpQQ0CbNE

some cool stuff in there, especially the idea that the Drivatar/"cloud learning" software could be used in squad based games as well as racers. it never occurred to me that it could be used in a broader array of genres.

also, i believe that's now 3 games where you can earn XP/in-game credits while you're offline. Forza, Crimson Dragon and now Powerstar Golf.

• Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I get Forza for free so that'll be my first game, Dead Rising looks like it'll be the second, KI third, Crimson Dragon fourth.

Then, on payday, Battlefield, Ryse and Powerstar golf.

Euro gamer had a rad preview of PSG, apparently there are RPG levelling elements for your character and caddie (which you can loan to other players) and the loot has been inspired by Borderlands :O

Edit: damn just watched that link Wraith260 posted, hells bells that's a great video!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Yeah, the cloud AI stuff is actually pretty interesting.

Titanfall will be running all of the AI server-side. Also, I've been imagining a future Halo "legendary" mode where your play style gets sent up to the cloud as you go, and it is studied and used to develop enemy strategies that counter how you have been playing, forcing you to change and adapt.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Wait.

There's a gold game with a Borderlands-inspired loot system?

Can I get a 9 iron that shoots rockets and explodes when I reload?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    something else we haven't seen or heard too much about.

Sunset Overdrive
    http://youtu.be/FqJdZQPBDF0

I haven't watched this second video yet, but with just under 50 minutes of commentary I've no doubt that there's some interesting stuff in there.
    http://youtu.be/i0Brr7UFK9g

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2013
    I have updated the OP with a new section on xbox live, added videos for the three launch titles I didn't get to, and added Sunset Overdrive to the Upcoming Titles Section. This has effectively increased the clockspeed of the thread by 300MHz, which should allow for richer, more dynamic worlds.

edit: and thanks, Wraith, for being on the ball with all these finds; it is making my job much easier.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    now that we have a new thread i figured i'd have a look and see if there's anything that hasn't been covered or that people might have overlooked. think there's still some stuff out there too so we're not done yet. also there's a countdown clock on xbox.com that can be embedded, not sure how that'd work with rules on pic and .gif sizes though.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I mean, still haven't mentioned any of the Xbox TV stuff, I am sure a writeup of the controller is warranted including the HD Rumble Triggers...

The old 360 thread I used to run ended up being 3-4 posts it got so big, so it might be good to focus on the big stuff... hence why I left the cross platform launch titles without youtubes, since pretty much everyone knows what Assassin's Creed looks like at this point.

edit: I added final fantasy 15 and metal gear solid 5 to the OP's upcoming games, since people do seem to not realize those are multiplatform.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eybnjY7EdsA

NBA 2K14 is so goddamned pretty.

I haven't played a basketball game in a decade, but I am so tempted.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I'm extremely tempted by this as well. I watched the Giant Bomb guys play this yesterday, and it's soo good looking. Some of the animations were kindof janky and jerky, but really I only noticed that because the rest of the game was so pretty.

• Options
    I'm extremely tempted by this as well. I watched the Giant Bomb guys play this yesterday, and it's soo good looking. Some of the animations were kindof janky and jerky, but really I only noticed that because the rest of the game was so pretty.

I want a football game and a hockey game with this level of fidelity, really.

I haven't been super "in" on basketball games since Lakers Vs. Celtics and the NBA playoffs on my Sega Genesis... and I guess NBA JAM, though that hardly counts, since I was more interested in dunking on fools with Bill Clinton.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Word on the street is that Madden 25 is a noticeable upgrade on next gen vs current

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Vladimer wrote: »
    Word on the street is that Madden 25 is a noticeable upgrade on next gen vs current
    I've heard... at least in the texture / framerate department.

But, Madden is also HISTORICALLY lazy with their first console outing, rarely making use of the new power until they no longer produce for the older systems. I think it might be a year or two before Madden really starts looking like a next gen game.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Eh, seems like they did a decent job this go around :http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/12/5093800/madden-nfl-25-ps4-hands-on-meaningfully-distinct

Double teams, crowds now individualized, plus obligatory graphics updates

• Options
    Vladimer wrote: »
    Eh, seems like they did a decent job this go around :http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/12/5093800/madden-nfl-25-ps4-hands-on-meaningfully-distinct

Double teams, crowds now individualized, plus obligatory graphics updates

huh. That might convince me... I do want to see the NY Giants have a good season this year, and virtually is likely the only way that is going to happen.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    there was a MGSV demo with commentary posted in the PS4 thread. the video only mentions the PS versions, which may be why people don't realise its multiplatform.

now before you watch, i'm going to leave you with two words: Bullet Drop.

http://youtu.be/R0fQeiYGxrw

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    The Microsoft store billed my credit card yesterday.

Soon.

• Options
    BZJOcmwCQAAap5C.png:large

Indeed it is. :)

• Options
    I really like how classy Microsoft has been through the whole thing, especially post-E3.

Major Nelson's congratulatory tweets, saying that it's a good week to be a gamer (considering the multiple launches and flagship titles coming out everywhere)... it's been a super inclusive message and I love it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I really like how classy Microsoft has been through the whole thing, especially post-E3.

Major Nelson's congratulatory tweets, saying that it's a good week to be a gamer (considering the multiple launches and flagship titles coming out everywhere)... it's been a super inclusive message and I love it.

Well considering the condescension they showed gamers at large with their initial Xbox One policies, they can't afford to be anything but nice at this point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular

Well considering the condescension they showed gamers at large with their initial Xbox One policies, they can't afford to be anything but nice at this point.

I wouldn't call it being condescending, I was actually pretty excited for the system as it was. Not that I don't mind the flip flop either.

• Options
    They floated a policy, a vision for the future where game consoles acted like Steam does on the PC.

The community didn't like that, so they took it back.

There are a lot of PR blunders in there and I admit what I just wrote is a vast oversimplification of the whole thing... But they didn't kick your dog or call your mother a whore - they tried for an all-digital future and threw that vision out there probably 5-7 years too soon.

I would not be surprised to see digital sales lead physical sales for all major consoles by the end of this generation, and the hybrid approach of treating the digital copies exactly the same as their original plan, having all games available digitally day one, and leaving the discs completely alone, free for trading and reselling, will get people invested in the idea oft he digital service by the end of this generation, and allow them to play with different models without screwing with the current system too much.

In the end, aside from the death of the game sharing feature, everyone got what they wanted with regards to getting access to video games, and we should all be able to move on. Should.

As it stands, the winners in this upcoming war are all of us; with Sony and Microsoft so ridiculously close to each other when it comes to (most) features, I see a lot of copying and one upsmanship happening in the years to come, and that is going to rock.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Zephos wrote: »

I wouldn't call it being condescending, I was actually pretty excited for the system as it was. Not that I don't mind the flip flop either.

Yeah, honestly, a bunch of the features I was most looking forward to on a platform level have been removed now. But whatever, it's still going to be fun.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Only condescension I remember was that one guy who said people could play a 360 instead.

Who then promptly "retired".

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Only condescension I remember was that one guy who said people could play a 360 instead.

Who then promptly "retired".

Nah, he became the CEO of Zynga.

such promotion

Much social

Wow

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    as fun as this is, its a topic we've been over a dozen times already and which only leads to trouble so on a more positive note lets get back to those games! the OP already highlights the true start to the next-gen, Peggle 2, but Pop-Cap Games have more than just that in store for us.

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
    http://youtu.be/awggNREstGQ
    http://youtu.be/YPetyGPCs0A
    http://youtu.be/VuPOvHnJ6_M

now you just try and tell me that that doesn't look like fun. and the Boss Mode makes this another game that will be making use of a 2nd screen app, a feature that we may see grow as the next-gen progresses if these early titles prove popular enough.

• Options
    You reminded me - smart glass will be the update for the OP tomorrow.

There is a lot of love going into that app for the xbox one, and second screen stuff like that is really impressive.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    i think MS really want to make the most of Smartglass with the Xbox One. since it first launched it hasn't really be used in any exciting ways, but it looks like that'll change with more games using it for a variety of purposes. i'm also hoping that Smartglass will be easily by multiplatform titles to cut down on the number of 2nd screen apps that will need to be downloaded to our tablet or smartphone of choice.

• Options
    yeah unfortunately i have an android phone, the support for it thus far has been crap, hoping it is a bit better for the one.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    i think MS really want to make the most of Smartglass with the Xbox One. since it first launched it hasn't really be used in any exciting ways, but it looks like that'll change with more games using it for a variety of purposes. i'm also hoping that Smartglass will be easily by multiplatform titles to cut down on the number of 2nd screen apps that will need to be downloaded to our tablet or smartphone of choice.

The most exciting stuff I used smartglass for last generation was the game of thrones stuff when watching hbo Go, and easy management of my friends list.

Project Spark absolutely blows the doors off of anything they tried to Do with Smartglass last generation, and it cannot wait to see it in action.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    one thing I wish smartglass did was stream content from my phone to the xbox. I want to pull up my spotify playlist and listen through my TV or load up a youtube quickly to show my friends.

• Options
    My phone wont even do the HBO go stuff, and its a very decent device.

• Options
    Zephos wrote: »
    yeah unfortunately i have an android phone, the support for it thus far has been crap, hoping it is a bit better for the one.

i have a Windows Phone and while i think its version of Smartglass may be a bit more robust, it still wasn't anything to write home about. that does seem to be about to change though, and i doubt they'd leave iPhone and Android users out in the cold completely.

This discussion has been closed.