As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Back in the old [chat]s when times were simpler

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    ronya wrote:
    What's with immigration ministers pursuing hilariously expensive and horrible-PR attempts to remove a tiny number of highly visible, cause célèbre migrants? Do they secretly oppose immigration restrictions or something? A government that actually wants to indulge the casual xenophobia of the working classes does exactly the opposite, indulge the made-for-TV cases and then pack all the unsympathetic examples back onto the boat.

because they're policymaking by daily mail, usually

but that's not how indulging the daily mail crowd works. The daily mail crowd is convinced that they're not racist, but

you don't deliberately engage in something that humanizes their Other of choice

I may not be understanding you correctly, then.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    Come and See is probably one of my favorite movies; probably the best war movie I've seen. And I agree, that poster is pretty much perfect.

It is one of the best war movies I've ever seen. And it has a level of raw power that is tremendous. But I'm not sure I could watch it again.

I understand. It's a "well...I'll never be the same after this" sort of thing. But damn, few movies pack that kind of a punch. It's so good.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    PotC: Pirates in more than one way?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    "Man, I got bit on purpose so I could live forever and see future cars."

oh my god I cannot stop fucking laughing

This whole season has been aces.

i need to get caught up. It seems like they've really found their stride.

also, that poster is fantastic.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Come and See is probably one of my favorite movies; probably the best war movie I've seen. And I agree, that poster is pretty much perfect.

It is one of the best war movies I've ever seen. And it has a level of raw power that is tremendous. But I'm not sure I could watch it again.

I understand. It's a "well...I'll never be the same after this" sort of thing. But damn, few movies pack that kind of a punch. It's so good.

Oh you're completely right.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Kosh I would have words with you

Has your holiday been bueno?

pretty good, yeah!

What about yours?

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    If there is anyone out there who doesn't have enough to be shocked about, you can bet your John Galliano that the fashion industry will find some way to offend them within the next five minutes. That's what fashion thrives on: subversion and irreverence; an immaculately groomed, sneering Johnny Rotten worth millions, the world's best-dressed troll.
    The latest person to express outrage at this industry's flagrant disregard for common decency is the archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, who writes in the foreword to his first Lent book that the crucifix has become a fashion statement, devoid of religious meaning. This from a man who regularly wears a dress made of gold.

The Grauniad has some fabulous columnists.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Shaz, hotpots tmmw?

still in MA till tmrw evening

too much work to do also because i have so much work and then i avoided it all day yest and today

@deebaser

poo
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

This whole season has been aces.

i need to get caught up. It seems like they've really found their stride.

also, that poster is fantastic.

Oh they have. I don't think there has been a stinker in the whole season.

• Options
    Aw, Street Fighter II and no Guile Theme. :(

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    stupid power save settings. computer went to sleep 45 minutes into downloading bioshock infinite. and i was hoping to get walking dead downloaded tonight too.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I just need to tell this girl that I'm sorry for inadvertently leading her on but I'm not comfortable with the idea of our first meeting being dinner and drinks. I've never met someone that way and it's just really an incredibly odd thing for me to do with someone whom I don't have any sort of established relationship with.

Right? Or is that even more rude than showing up when I don't want to?

help me. I don't know how to do this dating junk it's just supposed to happen organically oh god

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    also we should make hot pots a big event

hot pot for everyone

poo
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    stupid power save settings. computer went to sleep 45 minutes into downloading bioshock infinite. and i was hoping to get walking dead downloaded tonight too.

That happened to me yesterday but fortunately the sleep mode occurred 90% into the download. But I was annoyed. (Bio shock is pretty good!)

• Options
    Nerd used Tekken moves to win a fight. Awesome.

• Options
    Hark! An important looking door!

• Options
    John Romero has a lot more hair than I thought.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

Dude has quite some hair.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Man, where have you been? There were tons of jokes about his hair back in the day.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I just need to tell this girl that I'm sorry for inadvertently leading her on but I'm not comfortable with the idea of our first meeting being dinner and drinks. I've never met someone that way and it's just really an incredibly odd thing for me to do with someone whom I don't have any sort of established relationship with.

help me. I don't know how to do this dating junk it's just supposed to happen organically oh god

Do you want to pursue the possibility of a romantic relationship with this girl?

If not, don't go on dates at all.

If so, just suggest a different date and say you'd rather do that

sig.gif
  • Options
    Here comes the moral outrage.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJb2iLvOKE

i am glad that hingle mccringleberry went pro

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Kosh mine has been super but it's almost over

sig.gif
  • Options
    This lady reminded me of video nasties. I completely forgot about them.

• Options
    Speaking of, Night Trap!

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

What is this?

• Options
    I did a2 hour round trip hike to the top of a local mountain

It was kind of crazy

sig.gif
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I mean, I would avoid dinner on a first date just because it feels like a job interview

You should still at least meet the girl and get all this awkwardness you're feeling vented a little, DUE, but I would probably suggest just grabbing some delicious gelato and taking a walk together instead

• Options

Do you want to pursue the possibility of a romantic relationship with this girl?

No. I don't believe I do.

I've never met her. I've never gone on a date with a person I did not know. It's just really uncomfortable. I don't know how exactly I explain that I accepted the idea without really thinking about how strange it would be to me. I think she's a fine person and all but

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »

What is this?

k&p season 3 bro

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    SSD or another 16 GB of RAM...

It's not like I shut the thing off. Could just RAM disk when it would help.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Dinner on a first date is fine and not weird

Not liking it is also fine and not weird

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ugh, NRA scapegoating. It feels smug.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I don't know what k or p is.

• Options
    redx wrote: »
    SSD or another 16 GB of RAM...

It's not like I shut the thing off. Could just RAM disk when it would help.

SSD will by far give you the biggest performance boost, no question

919UOwT.png
  • Options

No. I don't believe I do.

I've never met her. I've never gone on a date with a person I did not know. It's just really uncomfortable. I don't know how exactly I explain that I accepted the idea without really thinking about how strange it would be to me. I think she's a fine person and all but

Just say that

People turning you down for weird reasons is part of dating

She'll be fine

sig.gif
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »
    I don't know what k or p is.

Key and peele

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Dinner on a first date is fine and not weird

Not liking it is also fine and not weird

It's weird to me because this is a person I do not know. I've always known someone for a period of time before going out on a date with them.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.