Options

Pet [Chat]ah

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    my college roommate had a ferret. he kept it in his closet.

ferrets are nocturnal, so when we went to sleep he'd turn a light on in his closet and shut the door.

during the day he'd mostly neglect it. ferrets are naturally smelly creatures and this one struck me as especially smelly. it shat literally everywhere - its cage was just choked with ferret shit and he'd let it out of its cage and it would hide shits everywhere in the room. it would open and creep into drawers and shit in them. it would shit in shoes. if you left clothes on the floor it would shit on your clothes. it would shit on your pillow. it would shit under your pillow.

and ferret shit aren't cute little pellets like rabbits or gerbils or even rats. ferrets are related to bears and badgers and they produce big squirty poos that form piles not really unlike little diarrhea muffins.

i have no idea what happened to that ferret. at some point my roommate no longer had a ferret. it was named nimh.

See.

Dis is the stuff I'm talking about.

These are things to work on breeding out.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    The rat also helped me get 2nd place in a science fair once.

That was the peak for science for me. Now I impede and deny it wherever possible, thank you very much.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    weird. watched a thing about film on netflix, showed me a bunch of movies I wanted to watch/rewatch but for whatever the reason, the one I got for myself was Gerry.

earlier today I decided to look at a list of a certain genre of movies. I read a few full lists, agreed and disagreed, found a bunch of movies I wanted to watch or rewatch. whatever the reason, the one I got was Drugstore Cowboys

only realized now, same director.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Ferrets can make good pets if they're well cared for and socialized and so on.

If they're treated like a guinea pig they're a fucking nightmare.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    the venn diagram of bird people, anime people, and pedophiles is a circle

I dunno man, I don't really imagine that all pedophiles/anime fans, or even most!, are capable of supporting life other than the weird culture of bacteria that develop on their unwashed bodies

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Pet ferret eats seven fingers of baby boy
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/11/missouri.ferret.fingers/

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    Ferrets can make good pets if they're well cared for and socialized and so on.

If they're treated like a guinea pig they're a fucking nightmare.

A lot of ferrets problems come from their owners being shitty.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Hyenas give birth through a psuedo-penis

they are proof that the baby Jesus is a horrifying and malevolent creator

You mean clitoris?

That's only one species, I think.

But yes it's horrifying and like 15% die the first time they attempt childbirth.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Might catch up with girl after work some time this week.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Crows also get killed by guns loaded with blanks, so they can't be that great

I want you to know I understood this, simon. You have been appreciated in this thing.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    Will how is your dog, the one named after your favourite anime

i'm glad you asked. naruto has recovered from his surgery and is doing much better. we took him to visit my brother's house over thanksgiving and the very first thing my brother's dog did was bite him right on his eye wound. i was raging bro inside but had to play it cool because i was the one who convinced my brother and sister-in-law to let me bring my dogs.

finley pooped all over their house though so i reckon we're even.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Basically people get ferrets and treat them like cats or rats or guinea pigs and they are none of those things

they are ferrets

• Options
    Shiv, will you use your science to help me domesticate these wonderful free and wild creatures?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    The amount of neglect people show to the animals they own is appalling

I firmly believe that most people shouldn't have dogs or really anything that requires a modicum of intelligence, attention, and care

It breaks my heart every time I see someone with an unhappy dog that they don't know how to control and in the end they just throw it away

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Upon seeing the ferret, the father "just grabbed it and threw it," Ambrose said. "It hit a dishwasher or cabinet or something like that."
    In the wake of the most recent incident, ferret activists and rescuers from around the country have called Ambrose about the pet.
    "We've had them calling from all sorts of states asking about the ferret," Ambrose said. "Well, I guess if you collect dead ferrets, you can have one."

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

I want you to know I understood this, simon. You have been appreciated in this thing.

I assumed the silent reaction was just a collective shaking of the head in disapproval

like the face of the girl I went on a date with yesterday after I made my classic Anne Hathaway joke

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Ravens would also be good.

They could fly around the world and tell me what they see.

Ravens are cool but there's like

there's like a kind of cute pet, and then there's a big menacing pet

california crow? Cute pet!

crow.jpg

Ravens are big fuckers.

188694804_d980030c4f.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I remember a conversation somewhere with someone who knew someone I knew

hi how are you went the girl I knew

not good, goes the other one

and I'm thinking like oh hm somebody died. Not a grandparent, no, maybe an uncle? A cousin? Actually it could be her cat.

my fish died she says

and tears up

I can't have been as good at hiding my incredulous expression as I thought since the girl I knew gave me a look

she was sad because a fish dying means that your inattention and carelessness has killed a thing that was your responsibility to keep alive.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    Basically people get ferrets and treat them like cats or rats or guinea pigs and they are none of those things

they are ferrets

Which gives them a bad name, and makes ignorant people think that's how you are supposed to care for the critters.

Which is why you have to account for the general publics ignorance of how to take care of the animal during the domestication process.

Like with dogs, we bred out behaviors that weren't compatible with our lifestyles, and retained useful behaviors.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shiv, will you use your science to help me domesticate these wonderful free and wild creatures?

Bring nature under my boot? How could I say no?

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    that second bird is beautiful

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    in like 130 years will we have neuro-sympathetic vocalizers that allow dolphins to speak at the level of 8 year old human beings

will we be history's greatest monsters

a twee little voice coming from the tank

"hey can you get me a baby seal so I can fuck it to death pleeeeeease man it's been so long since I raped something to death why you gotta be like this I thought we were friends"

*drops chalk and tourist's pamphlet to SeaWorld*

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Ravens would also be good.

They could fly around the world and tell me what they see.

Ravens are cool but there's like

there's like a kind of cute pet, and then there's a big menacing pet

california crow? Cute pet!

crow.jpg

Ravens are big fuckers.

188694804_d980030c4f.jpg

I need a white one so I can inform all my friends that winter has arrived.

• Options
    well if your fish contracts fin rot is that a thing like leukemia where oh god, you poor victim or is it a thing like hepatitis c where if you were more godly...

• Options

I assumed the silent reaction was just a collective shaking of the head in disapproval

like the face of the girl I went on a date with yesterday after I made my classic Anne Hathaway joke

Dare I ask.

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I remember a conversation somewhere with someone who knew someone I knew

hi how are you went the girl I knew

not good, goes the other one

and I'm thinking like oh hm somebody died. Not a grandparent, no, maybe an uncle? A cousin? Actually it could be her cat.

my fish died she says

and tears up

I can't have been as good at hiding my incredulous expression as I thought since the girl I knew gave me a look

she was sad because a fish dying means that your inattention and carelessness has killed a thing that was your responsibility to keep alive.

Yeah but I just

could not relate

worst case is that it was a kind of expensive fish and I would be as bummed about it dying as I would about dropping a whisky glass

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

no no no no no no

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Dare I ask.

I think I told it to chu and his immediate reaction was to sent word to his Zionist cohort and ban me from all Jewish businesses

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

I firmly believe that most people shouldn't have dogs or really anything that requires a modicum of intelligence, attention, and care

It breaks my heart every time I see someone with an unhappy dog that they don't know how to control and in the end they just throw it away

Personally, I wouldn't mind a simple license being required for pet (Not including stuff like fish or lizards) ownership.

• Options
    we had fish at home

or, my sister wanted fish, so we got a small aquarium in the corner of the livingroom

I used to play a game where I'd guess aloud how many would be alive today every morning

the number varied wildly

they'd have babies

then they would eat some of the babies

then the baby-eaters would sometimes die

etc

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Bring nature under my boot? How could I say no?

no science allowed

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    well if your fish contracts fin rot is that a thing like leukemia where oh god, you poor victim or is it a thing like hepatitis c where if you were more godly...

Both. It's more like HIV, where it's preventable but you can still get it from a toilet seat.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    "Look alive and keep a weather eye. Not for naught it's called Shipwreck Island. Where lies Shipwreck Cove and the town of Shipwreck."

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Personally, I wouldn't mind a simple license being required for pet (Not including stuff like fish or lizards) ownership.

part of the problem is that there are so many abandoned dogs that are going to get euthanized that it's worth it to play even a low-odds game.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

Dare I ask.

I think I told it to chu and his immediate reaction was to sent word to his Zionist cohort and ban me from all Jewish businesses

A life without potato latkes is no life at all.

aX7jOVJ.png

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    @Eddy Go to sleep!

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    i miss tumbles big time. it's in the thirties- if she were still around, this is the beginning of the season where she'd be sleeping in my bed every night, getting under the blanket and burrowing her nuzzle into my neck so we coudl share a pillow. that dog cuddled in a seriously human way, where if you walked in you'd think i posed her for a picture.

miss dis bish.

and my aunt did this without warning me

Photo%20Dec%2006%2C%204%2001%2022%20AM.jpg

so i came home and got the feels

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    my final is at 1:30

i'm not tired!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    my final is at 1:30

i'm not tired!

Rescinded.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
This discussion has been closed.