As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superhero Movies] Thor is coming back to your house on 2/25.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    though after the awesome issue of Young Avengers she did to fill in for McKelvie & Norton, I'd love to see Kate Brown get an ongoing title at Marvel

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    He is off Inhumans to put Hawkeye out on a weekly basis
    A man can dream

I would not mind it one bit if he wanted to split it into separate Hawkeye/Hawkguy books.

that'd be the only way to do it, it'd kill Aja to try to ship Hawkguyany faster. Hawkeye with Annie Wu, Hawkguy with Aja, Fraction writing both, go

Yes yes, give me Annie Wu drawing Kate forever.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man

I don't even know what the hell to think about that

I like JGL but am not as madly in love with him as most of the internet, and Sandman seems like an odd fit for him but the dude is talented

but Goyer is writing and producing and WELP

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I don't think that I want a sandman movie

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I definitely know that I don't want a David Goyer Sandman movie.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    God damn do you fail upwards in Hollywood.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I wonder if the people trying to make a Sandman movie remember what John Dee does in the diner

or what the Corinthian does

or how Thessaly divines information about the Cuckoo

how do you make that stuff PG-13

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think yellow is super mis-used but when it is pulled off it looks great

true story, Kill Bill made me rethink my whole stance on yellow

936full-kill-bill%3A-vol.-1-screenshot.jpg

• Options
    Not Bruce Lee?

• Options
    I wonder if the people trying to make a Sandman movie remember what John Dee does in the diner

or what the Corinthian does

or how Thessaly divines information about the Cuckoo

how do you make that stuff PG-13
    Does it say they are going for PG-13? Cause Watchmen proved they aren't afraid to put out an R-Rated comic book movie. The Losers was R too.

Also apparently Goyer just pitched the movie, someone else is going to actually write it. So that's good!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    8ufSaFX.jpg

100% okay with this

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    How much different would the Thor movies be if it were Stan Lee as Odin instead of Anthony Hopkins?

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    8ufSaFX.jpg

100% okay with this

I like that picture is clearly a perfect example of the expression one pulls when thinking "Okay... how do I fit this in my office..."

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    So this is the teaser trailer for a short movie Shia Labeouf is directing, HowardCantour.com:

Here is some of Justin M. Daimano, written and drawn by Daniel Clowes in 2007:
    HicTh0w.jpg
    BHBgUFP.jpg
    Both the film and comic (below) begin with narration by the main character, who says, “A critic is a warrior, and each of us on the battlefield have the means to glorify or demolish (whether a film, a career, or an entire philosophy) by influencing perception in ways that if heartfelt and truthful, can have far-reaching repercussions.”
    The next scene in both the comic and film feature the critic having a conversation with a young, blonde freelance critic, who asks the critic if he is going to a junket, which she will be attending despite its lack of actors. Then, again in both the film and comic, she says of the filmmaker they’re discussing, “He so perfectly gets how we’re really all like these aliens who can never have any meaningful contact with each other because we’re all so caught up in our own little self-made realities, you know?”

Clowes claims LaBeouf, who has said he is a fan of Clowes' work, never contacted him:
    “The first I ever heard of the film was this morning when someone sent me a link. I’ve never spoken to or met Mr. LaBeouf,” Clowes told BuzzFeed. “I’ve never even seen one of his films that I can recall — and I was shocked, to say the least, when I saw that he took the script and even many of the visuals from a very personal story I did six or seven years ago and passed it off as his own work. I actually can’t imagine what was going through his mind.”

So uh

fuck Shia LaBeouf

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The angle is giving Stan a bit of "Skinny Steve" syndrome.

• Options
  • Options
    Like holy shit it is literally stolen word for word

How fuckin stupid and careless do you have to be?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    ButBut the Exposure!

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    wait what happened with the beef?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Read the post!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Let me rephrase

What did he make/ripoff

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Read the post

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    this seems like a good time to remind people that Shia LaBeouf self-published his own comics once, and they are amazing

postcoital-1334602687.jpg
    http://comicsalliance.com/shia-lebeouf-comic-book/

• Options
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Read the post

Hey Blank, who is doing the ripping off?

• Options
    Read the post

My brain literally skimmed over that post like five times and I don't know why

• Options
    Read the post

Me, and I am ripping off your head.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i hope this ruins that shitbag

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Read the post

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Options
    Read the post

whoa hey, calm down there goyer

• Options
    YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND MY ANGST

I'M TOO DEEP FOR YOU

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    this seems like a good time to remind people that Shia LaBeouf self-published his own comics once, and they are amazing

postcoital-1334602687.jpg
    http://comicsalliance.com/shia-lebeouf-comic-book/

Comics Alliance made me laugh with their headline:

vzi5R8y.png

• Options
    YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND MY ANGST

I'M TOO DEEP FOR YOU

My posts do involve impossible choices, it's true.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The eight ball for life is fucking killing me

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    The eight ball for life is fucking killing me

8 Ball Percent For Life makes even less sense.

• Options
    haha, so it's just gone now

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Just a reminder Shia Labeouf punched out Tom Hardy.
    Tom Hardy wrote:
    "He just attacked me. He was drinking moonshine. I was wearing a cardigan, and er, went down."

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    UPDATE 3:33 PM: Just as I posted this to Slog, the video became password-protected, presumably for reasons which will become evident as you read this post.]

• Options
    Tackling the subject of film criticism is always going to be an interesting choice for someone in LaBeouf’s line of work, eager to discover how the concept originated and why he decided to create a narrative around a film critic, Short of the Week spoke to the director about the inception of Howard Cantour—”I know something about the gulf between critical acclaim and blockbuster business. I have been crushed by critics (especially during my Transformers run), and in trying to come to terms with my feelings about critics, I needed to understand them. As I tried to empathize with the sort of man who might earn a living taking potshots at me and the people I’ve worked with, a small script developed.”

This discussion has been closed.