As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superhero Movies] Thor is coming back to your house on 2/25.

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    I really wish Lego would sell the minifigures on their own. The parts that aren't minifigures are usually pretty lame. I did like the set with Wolverine, Deadpool, and Magneto. It came with a helicopter and motorcycle.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wasn't Taskmaster a former SHIELD guy even in the comics?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

His origin is kind of dicey

Taskmaster: Unthinkable, which some people liked and some hated, gave him a very SHIELD backstory

I tend to go with that one, myself

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I really wish Lego would sell the minifigures on their own. The parts that aren't minifigures are usually pretty lame. I did like the set with Wolverine, Deadpool, and Magneto. It came with a helicopter and motorcycle.

If they sold minifigures on their own, they'd essentially be selling action figures, and companies like Marvel and etc. have already licensed the action figure rights to other companies.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Taskmaster: Unthinkable, which some people liked and some hated, gave him a very SHIELD backstory

It's the latest backstory, far as I can tell, so it's still in play.

Former SHIELD, forgot his past, now working undercover for them without even knowing he's undercover most of the time.

Good book, even if a lot of people didn't like the retcons.

• Options
    Gonna pick up that Taskmaster trade I think. Also, the Sentry series everyone recommended is this one, right: https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/sentry-tp.html
    Collecting the Sentry's five-issue mini-series and the five subsequent one-shots: SENTRY: FANTASTIC FOUR, SENTRY: X-MEN, SENTRY: SPIDER-MAN, SENTRY: HULK and SENTRY VS. THE VOID.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    That's the one, yeah.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

If they sold minifigures on their own, they'd essentially be selling action figures, and companies like Marvel and etc. have already licensed the action figure rights to other companies.

Damn your reasonable answer! I just like the minifigures more than most of the sets they come with. That MODOK set looks worth it though.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

It's the latest backstory, far as I can tell, so it's still in play.

Former SHIELD, forgot his past, now working undercover for them without even knowing he's undercover most of the time.

Good book, even if a lot of people didn't like the retcons.

even if I disliked the retcons it would be impossible to hate a book with an issue called THE TOWN THAT WAS HITLER
    it is exactly as it sounds

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So my cousin's husband is pretty big into comics and we talked about Ms Marvel and other female superheroes. And then I mentioned how Dupergirl is now a Red Lantern. Then I had to explain the Rainbow Wars and each color-emotion (which wasn't too bad) but then I explained the core part of the Reds... The whole vomiting blood shtick.

My next comment was "yeah, that was pretty much everyone's reaction at one point or another."

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    they sell individual minifigures at lego stores. i saw a spider-man and an iron man today at the mall on their own, and they've sold individual hobbit figures as well.

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    they sell individual minifigures at lego stores. i saw a spider-man and an iron man today at the mall on their own, and they've sold individual hobbit figures as well.

Were those on keychains? Because those fall into another category.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

prettttttttttty sure they werent.

• Options
    That's odd then. Lego typically doesn't sell solo figures unless it's on a keychain or part of their blind-bagged line.

I still want a Galactus Lego Minifig Clock.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    That's odd then. Lego typically doesn't sell solo figures unless it's on a keychain or part of their blind-bagged line.

Has anybody ever did a Galactus cosplay and posed with some Marvel LEGO minifigs? I figure the size ratio is roughly comparable.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Has anybody ever did a Galactus cosplay and posed with some Marvel LEGO minifigs? I figure the size ratio is roughly comparable.

See now I"m picturing someone doing Galactus from Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Galactus duds with the moon attached to his junk with mini-figs of Ryu, Wolverine, and Doom on the moon. Maybe throw in a silver painted Wesker and Domoru on the field of battle.

• Options
    I just watched Iron Man 3 for the first time since May; Still a good movie, but a new thought struck me.
    When Iron Man's house is being blown up, he knocks a piano into one helicopter with his repulsors, and then tosses a small missile into another, detonating it with a repulsor. Why didn't he just shoot them with his repulsor in the first place?

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Quick burst but not enough power/control for a sustained shot?

Remember that the Jericho launchers took awhile to cook in IM1 before they blew.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I just watched Iron Man 3 for the first time since May; Still a good movie, but a new thought struck me.
    When Iron Man's house is being blown up, he knocks a piano into one helicopter with his repulsors, and then tosses a small missile into another, detonating it with a repulsor. Why didn't he just shoot them with his repulsor in the first place?

It wasn't a missile. It was one of the power sources for his repulsors.

• Options

It wasn't a missile. It was one of the power sources for his repulsors.

It was a missile
    You can see him try to launch it shortly after he puts the suit on, but it's offline. You can see a missile with "offline" on his hud, followed by "manual override" right before he pulls it out, and object he tosses looks like the missile, complete with fins.

• Options

prettttttttttty sure they werent.

They're almost always magnets or keychains. And that means I lose the fun of using the parts to make oddball figures.

• Options
    Oh yeah, the magnets.

Anywho, I grabbed the Incredible Hercules run per recommendations here and it's pretty great so far. I see the Ares miniseries referenced on occasion; is it worth picking up? I can get it in a trade along with a 3 issues mini of Dark Avengers: Ares, written by Kieron Gillen.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Dark Avengers: Ares is worth it all by itself

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    One of Gillen's finest works, really

lovely art, too

• Options
    Okie Dokie, adding it to the list.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Desktop Hulk?

A legend whispered on the winds....

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Gonna pick up that Taskmaster trade I think. Also, the Sentry series everyone recommended is this one, right: https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/sentry-tp.html
    Collecting the Sentry's five-issue mini-series and the five subsequent one-shots: SENTRY: FANTASTIC FOUR, SENTRY: X-MEN, SENTRY: SPIDER-MAN, SENTRY: HULK and SENTRY VS. THE VOID.

That's his original run and it's really really good

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've been trying to find Taskmaster: Unthinkable on Comixology but it seems it isn't there

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Hmm.. I wonder how many comics Marvel has published, and how many they've made available digitally.

EDIT: I mean, stuff like ROM they wouldn't be able to put up of course.

Speaking of ROM, I did a quick trademark search and man, Hasbro is not letting that one go. They renewed it as recently as February of this year.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    bastards

either do something with it or let him go!

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Best guess is that with JARVIS still trying to get all its functions online, the repulsors lacked the power to hit hard enough beyond a certain range. He could still set off a missile or hit a piano and send it sailing though.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Solar wrote: »
    bastards

either do something with it or let him go!

I am fucking shocked as shit they haven't named a Transformer "ROM"

It's a great Transformer name!

EDIT: Spoke too soon: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rom_the_Space_Knight

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Rom is not a transformer

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ROM is a fucking Knight of Galador and that is the end of it

It's ridiculous that they won't let the name go because Marvel literally owns everything else regarding the character

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Marvel should just give him a new name and run with it

RON the Space Knight

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    'RONI Space Knight', but the 'I' is sorta on a lean to the left.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    'RONI Space Knight', but the 'I' is sorta on a lean to the left.

RONI the Space Knight?
    Alternatively, RON\. That's pronounced "Ron-Slash", not "ROM", no copyright infringement here. No sir.

see317 on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Obviously it is RAHM the Space Knight

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ROHM the Space Knight

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    RAM Space Knight

This discussion has been closed.